Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Definitely a hello and a handshake for now.

ms192.jpg

Spoiler

ms193.jpg

And our Lady.. finally finds out the meaning of LOVE...

like... WHAAAAAAAAAATTT !!! :w00t::o:sweatingbullets: Not once but twice! :lol:

LOL poor girl! Hilarious and absolutely priceless! :P Thanks to Chungmuro Crumb for re-capping this scene.

• Like 8
  • LOL 8

Uhh..:o Eugene got hurt because he shot himself in his left arm!? What the..

Just read Dramamilk's recap.. it's a tactic by Eugene to get the Japanese soldier arrested but what a rather reckless and dangerous thing to do, even if he knows how to handle the gun and all. He's definitely 'ruining' himself.. he's a pretty sensible soldier but now when it comes to AS by his side, EC doesn't think twice to protect her.

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

Chingu, tvN does not upload clip from running episodeon youtube anymore?

Edited by kanama1811
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kanama1811 said:

Chingu, tvN does not upload clip from running episodeon youtube anymore?

Last week, they took longer to upload the clips.. almost the next day when the snippets finally appeared but not one so far at the YT channel today. And of course, the previous episode clips have disappeared as well. It's strange, huh..

Probably have to expect the worst.. no more clips from tvN. :mellow:

Nonetheless, thanks to fans' tireless sharing on IG and twitter.. we'd still have some nice clips to share, like this one.

Here's another funny moment during English lesson. Lady Ae Shin is so obviously smitten with the letter "E" :lol: 

Thanks to KshWithLove @lovebangwon

• Like 9

I wonder what those final scenes means. One is Eugene looking at AS with fancy foreign clothes, another is DM giving her money, and another is AS holding HS, don't know if he's is dead.

Is the writer giving us glimpses of the final like she did in Goblin?

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Confused 2

So the ‘battle’ between the 3 begins.  The scene after HS found out about the rift between EC and DM looks like telling us what could possibly happen in the end.  It looks like the storyline is getting interesting and I am glad that we don’t have to see that japanese soldier again.

• Like 11

MY GOD THAT ENDING!!!

What is with the 3 different scenes with EC, HS and DM???

And AS :( she looks so torn thinking of what happened that night...

It's getting so interesting now I CAN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW!!!

• Like 5

Okay those 3 different scenes at the end, could it be things that will happen or could happen? Either these are flash forwards or they are giving a glimpse of what it could be with whichever guy she ends up with? I also just realized it's almost like trying to pick America, Japan or Joseon.

DjNR5TPVsAAkTZN.jpg

When these three are together it's so entertaining but so much tension at the same time. I feel like I can't even call this a bromance because I don't even know what this is.

• Like 12

What do you think Ae Shin mean when she said to Eugene that she must save the geisha in red...

EC:  Saving one woman will not save Joseon.

AG:  I must save her. Because one day, she will become like me.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

What do you think Ae Shin mean when she said to Eugene that she must save the geisha in red...

AG:  I must save her. Because one day, she will become like me.

Let me correct that.

AG: I must save her. Because one day, I can become like her.

• Thanks 9

29 minutes ago, solarisk said:

Let me correct that.

AG: I must save her. Because one day, I can become like her.

Thanks so  much :) Corrected. 

AG:  I must save her. Because one day, I can become like her.

Ae Shin has been following this ideal, romantic vision of patriotism... until now.  She can finally see in her own eyes the courage and bravery that were shared by her parents.  To save the geisha is to save the fate of not only a member of the Righteous Army that Ae Shin wants to be a part of but of the unbreakable heroic spirit of Joseon.  

Ae Shin has connected with the sacrifices of others on a personal level.  Later, with the conversation between Seung Gu and Eun San, the question was asked another way.  Why do we fight when we don't feel included?

GS:  I don't trust the King.  Both countries' legation got involved. I'm sure he'l get out safely. We are stuck between the Japanese and Americans.  The innocent Joseon people will take the blame.

(flashback LWI: Whether you live or die is up to the foreigners. Joseon has abandoned you).

GS: The king abandoned his own people. I abandoned him long ago.

ES: If you abandoned the king, why do you want to save Joseon?

GS:  To become a rebel.  I ned there to be a country to turn against.

ES (smile slightly): Yes, that's right. (Laugh)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Ep 7 

I do not understand what AS thought the meaning of "love" was when she offered it to him and what she thinks now. Now is deep heartfelt sincere affection. But  what was she thinking it meant before? Confused. Please help me on this.

The three man stand off among the lines of laundry was pretty funny.   AS will love who she wants, what is the sense of the confrontation.?

Just realized Eugene's boss understands Japanese. He responded to the official before the king, before there as a translation. He looks eurasian. 

• Like 6

The tension between the three men is fun but I hope it won't last for too long. I'm scared to look into the meaning of the flashes we got in the end (especially for Hee Sung :tears:). Overall it was a very good episode and I can't wait to be tomorrow to see the next one.

Of course I was happy with the Dong Mae/Hina scene we got :wub:. I wonder what happened to her mom though.

• Like 10

50 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

I do not understand what AS thought the meaning of "love" was when she offered it to him and what she thinks now. Now is deep heartfelt sincere affection. But  what was she thinking it meant before? Confused. Please help me on this.

She thought "Love" was comrades or "brother in arms", so when he said lets do love together she thought that meant he would be on her side (Helping Korea as a fellow member of the "rebels"). That's what i think she thought it meant.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, maddymappo said:

Ep 7 

AS met the girl with English teacher and she introduced the word "love" to AS, as something much better than getting a position in government. So she only knew that it's something better than that and if so, must be something really good. And then in the clothing shop, EC said something like, need to do it together, and harder than shooting a rifle, and riskier. 

Just realized Eugene's boss understands Japanese. He responded to the official before the king, before there as a translation. He looks eurasian. 

The actor is eurasian, as far as I know. He's wearing colored lens. But for him to understand Japanese I doubt it. I think the scene had interpreter behind each group (Japan and US) and interpreting quietly but continuously.

This episode was so much fun for me, I'm full of expectation where KES will bring us tomorrow. :D

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys. I just started watching "Mr. Sunshine", and I must say that I'm not completely invested in the show just yet. I'm intrigued most by the tensions between the countries and the relationship dynamics between the characters, but to me, the love lines kind of fall short.

First of all, can anyone tell me why Kim Min Jung's character, the owner of the Glory Hotel, likes Eugene? Did I miss something? At what moment did she suddenly fall in love with him to the point where she is willing to threaten Lady Ae-Shin and suggest to Hee Sung that he forcibly marry her?  As for Eugene and Dong Mae, neither really appeal to me. I can't quite put my finger on why I don't really like Eugene. To be honest, it may be the actor who is playing him, or maybe it's just that I don't feel a lot of chemistry between the two just yet. I do like the backbone of their relationship though. He's someone who accepts and loves Lady Ae-Shin's real self, not the role that she's supposed to play as the dainty noblewoman who only knows how to paint and arrange flowers. This is in direct contrast to Hee-Sung's character who appears to see her as just that. He's a playboy too, and he only becomes enthusiastic about the idea of marrying her after seeing her beauty. He's being portrayed as a pretty superficial character thus far. I loved when Lady Ae-Shin called him out on his bullsh*t too. I also don't like the whole vibe that he had in episode 7 with the whole "I don't want to do anything with any ill intentions". It feels sinister. On the other hand, Dong Mae seems like he has some serious insecurities over his societal status, and I can't help, but question his infatuation with her. Why does he like her so much? Is it because she was the first person to have treated him like a decent person, or is it because she's someone that he can't have because of who he is? I also didn't like the whole scene where he like touches the bottom of her skirt and wouldn't let go for an extended period of time. That was not a good vibe either. All of this being said, I'm willing to give everyone a chance since there are so many unanswered questions and plenty of time to develop their characters and relationships. All I know so far is that I'm TEAM AE-SHIN. She's bad a** haha. I care more about her mission to save Joseon than any of these love lines put together. 

Despite the pretty weak love lines, I'm fascinated by most of the characters individually. Out of all the characters, I want to learn more about Hee-Na and Hee-Sung the most. Before it was revealed that Hee-Na was the daughter of the main antagonist, I just saw her character typecasted as someone who was just going to gas light the conflict between the three men who are interested in Lady Ae-Shin. I saw her character previously as someone who was just going to push that plot along. I'm glad that her role isn't so one dimensional. I'm so mystified by her mother's storyline and her husband's shady death. I love that she stands her own ground and is a strong female character here, too. Hee-Sung is interesting as well because despite what we've seen so far, there's definitely more to him. I suspect that his constant smiling and joking attitude is just scratching at the surface of his character. All of the girls and his extended stay away from his family could  be a distraction  from confronting his own personal conflict as a nobleman. He definitely is aware of his position and the potential sins that his family has committed. I think it's quite odd that when Eugene besmirches his parents, he doesn't even question it. He doesn't get angry, and he doesn't seem surprised. I might even venture to say that he may feel apologetic? Maybe that's me just hoping that I'll end up liking his character since I like the actor portraying him. I'm wondering what the writers have in store for his character. What are your thoughts?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Ok that scene towards the end of ep 7 is kinda random?? Not sure what it means but doesn’t look good.. Also the ratings went down a bit for this episode...!! :cry: