[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Guest ireumimolla
8 hours ago, hairuchii said:

4. The ghost said that she died from a traffic accident. The most common cause of death in this series seems to be traffic accidents. I'm beginning to entertain the thought that traffic accidents are divine manifestations of things being set right. Eun Tak's Mum died in a traffic accident. Eun Tak was almost involved in a number of traffic accidents - first, she struggled with those gangsters in the SUV and the car swerved dangerously then; second, she was almost 'killed' by our Goblin in a traffic pile-up; third, she almost 'died' in a bus accident. There are also other souls / ghosts in the plot who have left this world after they have been involved in a traffic accident too. The evil man who ran over Eun Tak's mum in the first place; the discovery of the first female ghost after her husband (her killer) has been in a traffic accident with our Grim Reaper..

Perhaps there is a possibility that the Paju ghost used to be the goblin's bride, but she died before she met the Goblin....?

@hairuchii Sorry for cutting your post, I just quoted the part I'm referring to. Now that you mention this point, I was reminded of this particular scene in Ep 8 when the Reapers wondered if they should cause an accident that was supposed to happen. So maybe you're on about something when you say that a traffic accident is one way the Reapers use to set things (i.e. life/death) right.

HcuXbEC.jpg?1

I want to also say a big 'THANKS' to everyone on this thread. I especially enjoy reading all the different analyses that you lovely bunch of people post on here. It just makes watching the drama so much more enjoyable and time between episodes seems to pass by more quickly as well!

ALSO, IT"S FRIDAY!!!

And we all know what this means!

ADlldvt.gif

TGIF, nothing can bring me down today muahahahahaha

ErqWqxg.gif?1

@aurelly that's a daebak probability. ET's ghost friend was a Goblin's bride will make this story more complicated. She obviously held on something.

@hairuchii KS did say that ET was his first and last bride. But he also said that he chose it that way. What if, the Deity actually created more Goblin's bride before ET but since KS never met any of them, that's why he think ET is his first. And since he fall in love with ET, he also decided that ET will be his last.

@bebebisous33 Remember the ghost of the boy that KS encountered in the 50s or 60s? His appearance changed when he met KS in GR tea shop. But, the blind man was still blind, no change at all. So, maybe those changes are more flexible? 

@maryofbethany your post is amazing...love it 

• Like 17

@staygold  @bebebisous33 @Sarang21 and @ucylucy  Great posts on the "Grim Reaper was King" theory, I'm sorry I failed to reply to your posts quickly and separately. I think there are still more questions that need to be addressed if we want to stick with that stance, but I believe we will find the answer in the upcoming episodes.

@littleloony  @packmule3 great insightful posts, as always. I will re-read them, it is really interesting to see how we can explain the age discrepancy between the Grim Reaper and the Goblin . @packmule3  and perhaps build my new counter-arguments for the mirror and Sunny's  temperament posts. *bows in respect*

@mojobobo  Thank you so much for reminding me of Eastern ideology. I suppose these are Buddhism's samsara and karma, right? Could you please explain to us more?

@joyezz  Thanks for reading it and then giving me an (undeserved) applause. Apparently posting those counter-arguments took many of my energy and made me sleepless for two days. I don't know why, maybe it's karma. :fearful:

@Princi_86  I missed that book at first. It was @ktiminie 's eagle eyes that found it first. Maybe sociologist could be the Grim Reaper's post Reaping career. He is more than welcome to be my colleague... :phew:

Edited by selenette
  • Like 15

YOO IN NA’S GOBLIN HAIRSTYLE

Goblin is still going strong in viewership ratings! One thing many watchers soon noticed was the unique character of Sunny (played by Yoo In Na). Sunny has a very bright, straightforward personality, which isn’t very common in the Kdrama world (it’s also uncommon to fall in love with a Grim Reaper but in Kdramaland anything can happen). She has the looks, the personality, the fashion and the hair~

Take some time to admire Yoo In Na’s (aka Sunny’s) trendy hair looks showcased in the Korean drama Goblin!

korean-drama-kdrama-goblin-actress-yoo-i

Images heavy in Spoiler

Spoiler

korean-drama-kdrama-actress-yoo-in-na-go

This natural, hair-down style looks so effortless. The perfect balance of comfort and beauty~

korean-drama-kdrama-goblin-actress-yoo-i

Aaah~ the classic pony. So easy yet so stylish. This trend never seems to fade away, and it can only be explained by the many different looks it can complement. Notice how Yoo In Na’s hair is parted with this ponytail. Not quite a middle part, but not a side part, this part combines both to create the illusion of a smaller face.

korean-drama-kdrama-actress-yoo-in-na-go

This classic bun-updo is so classy and elegant, especially fitting for formal occasions. The few stray strands, and gorgeous earrings complete this look.

korean-kdrama-drama-goblin-actress-yoo-i

This half-up look is perfect for lazy days. Notice how volumized Yoo In Na’s hair seems to be with this hairstyle. The trick is…. 2nd day hair!!

http://kpopstuff.com/yoo-in-nas-goblin-hairstyle/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 20

18 minutes ago, ucylucy said:

YOO IN NA’S GOBLIN HAIRSTYLE

Goblin is still going strong in viewership ratings! One thing many watchers soon noticed was the unique character of Sunny (played by Yoo In Na). Sunny has a very bright, straightforward personality, which isn’t very common in the Kdrama world (it’s also uncommon to fall in love with a Grim Reaper but in Kdramaland anything can happen). She has the looks, the personality, the fashion and the hair~

Take some time to admire Yoo In Na’s (aka Sunny’s) trendy hair looks showcased in the Korean drama Goblin!

Images heavy in Spoiler

Hide contents

This natural, hair-down style looks so effortless. The perfect balance of comfort and beauty~

Aaah~ the classic pony. So easy yet so stylish. This trend never seems to fade away, and it can only be explained by the many different looks it can complement. Notice how Yoo In Na’s hair is parted with this ponytail. Not quite a middle part, but not a side part, this part combines both to create the illusion of a smaller face.

This classic bun-updo is so classy and elegant, especially fitting for formal occasions. The few stray strands, and gorgeous earrings complete this look.

This half-up look is perfect for lazy days. Notice how volumized Yoo In Na’s hair seems to be with this hairstyle. The trick is…. 2nd day hair!!

http://kpopstuff.com/yoo-in-nas-goblin-hairstyle/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Tagging fellow Yoo In-na fans @hushhh  and Mr @CamelKnight . Thanks a million, dear @ucylucy

@Ahpheng  As always,brilliant comic strips! One of the things that make me stay in this thread.

ON SUNNY

Ok, on Sunny. I agree with @romanov  that Sunny has to be given more depths, that she should not have served as mere foil to Eun-tak or love interest to the Grim Reaper. Take a look at her loneliness, for example, and her laidback attitude. In addition, she is an orphan, and according to the shaman, is meant to live alone for the rest of her life.

This might be explained by reincarnation, yes, regardless of her being a king or queen, it will shed a light on her. But as a viewer and the actress' fan to boot, I think Sunny deserves a background. Why she is the way she is now, as her current self. 

Edited by selenette
  • Like 17

Aww you guys are so lit! Great posts, as usual. I'm going to try to make Goblin cinemagraphs in celebration of my 10 years in Soompi. Lols no connection. I just want to torture myself. Hope that the old slow non-techie ahjumma in me can follow the tutorials. btw if anyone wants Ep 1 screencaps for PSD editing, message me. 

That Body Shop EDT is so expensive. Buy the perfume oil instead! 

@Ahpheng annyeong! Your strips had me in stitches~ 

2 hours ago, RobinM said:     

Seems to me the hair patting is their way of kissing.          

Oh I'm not the only one. 

• Like 14

Hi good day! This is my first post at this thread.. Actually I just read what you guys write, and thats really good. How you all have a great analysis about this drama. And I feel frustated right now.. I have searching all about bts goblin w eng sub but I cant find it. Is anyone can help me, where I can watch bts w eng sub? I think casts have so much fun and I wanna know more.. Thank you before :)

Have so much fun guys, today is friday :)

• Like 10

15 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Episode 8 not only showed the Goblins desperation to see ET's face one more second, to be in her presence for just one more moment for she was his first, his only and his last love.  A forever love that had lasted the span of many lifetimes...

I find myself so moved every time the Goblins eyes start to tear up its as if his feelings are slowly weeping right out of him.  To have lived so long in darkness even loneliness after all this time finally his hopes are answered.  Only to find that finding his bride would mean finding his heart as well.  ET enters his world and changes it & him filling it with light & love.  Wouldn't we all fight to have just one more day of living, loving, touching, feeling, and looking at that person who was and is your life's love story...

My heart continues to break for them both for her feelings are as real as his and it's scenes like the Goblin placing that red scarf around ET.  As he gently placed it around her neck it was like watching him slowly placing his hearts warmth around her somehow without words saying I love you.  She has no idea just how much her smile and looking & being with her means to him or how long he has yearned for her.   She is like those candles that have new meaning that light up his heart and warm him from within...

Even watching the tender way ET brushed her hand through his hair as her eyes were full of all of him laying there beside her.  You see that their love is matched as she places a pillow and blanket covering him up with her love & concern as well.  Even when trying to take out the sword and it moving she only wanted to stop his pain. For she has no idea the pain that is tearing him up inside because he just doesn't want to let her go...

I believe now that ET has been told about the sword she will do everything in her power run, hide, refuse to willingly place her hands anywhere near that sword.  Even though the Goblin has been told that she will become even more at risk.  I think now it will be a struggle of wills as just like the Goblin & ET are matched in their feelings. So are they matched in being strong willed.  And we know ET has plenty of fight within her and plenty of love as well. She may not have his powers and yes, she is just a human but there is no greater power than that of the heart...

credit & thanks to all original owners of photos...

I absolutely looove everything you said here! For me, by far the BEST description and explanation on the relationship status of Kim Shin and Eun Tak....these kind of observations fuel's my burning desire for KS and ET to have their happy ending....no fuss, not toooooo long to read, no beating around the bush explanation and is direct to the point in describing  the realness of the Goblin couple's feelings....Lovette!!! Can't wait for ep9 later!!!

• Like 14

2 hours ago, ucylucy said:

@kaftanbatikcantik This is the quote from the God when he was revived. His sins could be the thousands of people he had killed as a general. It could also be from causing his sister, his relatives and servants deaths when he took a step forward to the King. But mainly I think from all the people he killed as a general.

“The souls of your people are saving you. However, the blood of thousands (people) are on your sword as well as the blood of your enemies who’re also descendants of deities. You shall be immortal and watch your loved ones die. You won’t forget a single death as this is the award I give you & the punishment you shall receive. Only the Goblin’s bride shall remove the sword. Once the sword is removed, you shall return to ash & be at peace”

Episode 1 from http://beatuscorner.com/goblin-quotes-and-narration/

thank you so much for your explaination chingu!

• Like 9

On 12/28/2016 at 5:10 PM, ucylucy said:

@mouse007 

Hide contents

As far as i know, I don't think none of the streaming sites have Viki - they probably have VIU since it's the fastest sub available after the episodes aired. Viki is not available in my country too for Goblin. I don't stream my kdramas though. I usually download them and get the subtitles from subscene.com.  All the different subtitles are available there. Sorry I can't help you out.

Thanks so much!!

• Like 5