[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Article: [Exclusive] Kim Eun Sook x Gong Yoo's new drama will be named 'Mister Sunshine'

Source: E-Daily via Naver

1. [+3,051, -203] I'll admit her dramas are honestly third rate... just a copy of a bunch of nineties Hollywood works, but she has a knack for making male leads sound so charming with their lines! She's a scriptwriter who writes for high viewer ratings...

2. [+2,665, -85] Her plots are lacking but her lines are the best. She brings all her male leads to life... there's not one character that she puts to waste.

3. [+1,534, -82] I was so upset that he hasn't been in a drama since 'Big', I put all my trust in Kim scriptwriter-nim ㅠㅠ

4. [+877, -31] She's really hard at work lately, isn't she

5. [+236, -9] We just need a good female lead for it to be successful... Gong Yoo will flop with her if they pick someone bad..

6. [+230, -12] Other than her plot skills and stuff, Kim Eun Sook is so good at knowing what female viewers want to see. She knows exactly what makes our hearts flutter and she turns all her male leads in gods.

7. [+206, -14] Please pick a good female lead!! Not just a pretty face or an idol!!

8. [+169, -15] Wow, just took a look at Kim Eun Sook's drama history and she's just a god of viewer ratings. Lots of cringeworthy dramas but all her male leads serve crazy fantasies for female viewers.

-

I have a feeling it's gonna be Yoon Eun Hye...but let's see.

• Like 12

WOHOO! Gong Yoo is back and with Kim Eun Sook. 

I have no idea about who will be the female lead....a ton of the main actresses have dramas lined up already. I have faith in KES to pick someone great for Gong Yoo :) 

Hopefully this drama works for him. Its already been a decade since Coffee Prince

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

WOHOO! Gong Yoo is back and with Kim Eun Sook. 

I have no idea about who will be the female lead....a ton of the main actresses have dramas lined up already. I have faith in KES to pick someone great for Gong Yoo :) 

Hopefully this drama works for him. Its already been a decade since Coffee Prince

I hope she will be ha ji won :wub:

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, lkgy99 said:

I hope she will be ha ji won :wub:

OMG that'd be a dream come true :wub: She's worked with KES also so there's a high chance for that pairing! 

I just want someone who can act tbh :) *prayer circle*

• Like 7

13 hours ago, gangurhar said:

OMG that'd be a dream come true :wub: She's worked with KES also so there's a high chance for that pairing! 

I just want someone who can act tbh :) *prayer circle*

You damn right :D
Please my Lord make this happen :phew:

• Like 2

• Guest locked and unlocked this topic

Annyeong @Go Seung Ji thanks for creating this page. I love Gong Yoo since Hello Teacher with Gong Hyo Jin. That's when both leads are my fave.

Wow I love fantasy stories, so definitely will tune in this page to read updates. Now waiting to see who's the main female lead.

• Like 6

credit : kkuljaem

Who will be Gong Yoo's leading lady in 'Goblin'?

Spoiler

jj1.jpeg
1. Gong Yoo and Han Jimin

jj2.jpeg
2. Gong Yoo and Bae Doona

jj3.jpeg
3. Gong Yoo and Song Ji Hyo

jj4.jpeg
4. Gong Yoo and Shin Se Kyung

jj5.jpeg
5. Gong Yoo and Jung Yumi

Daum Cafe: Kim Eun Sook x Gong Yoo's 'Goblin' confirmed to air in November 

-Hul daebak. This will be his first proper romcom after 'Coffee Prince'

-I'm just excited to see who they'll pick as the female lead

-Please cast Jung Yumi

-Either Bae Doona or Jung Yumi

-As long as it's not Song Ji Hyo!!!

-Han Kyul is back!!!!

-He looks good with Jung Yumi or Han Jimin

(tn: majority of the comments want Jung Yumi)
  • Like 9

We started the year with DOTS and if this comes through 2016 will be ending on a high note... Gong Yoo certainly kept us waiting didnt he!! And the fact that it is TVN makes me feel hopeful... Their dramas are always refreshing and different!! Bring it on!!

• Like 6

It will be hard to find a good actress to play in this drama since many of them already join another drama project (usually actress/actor will only have one drama project a year) but still they have to find a good one so this drama will not be another failure as Gong Yoo last project, Big.

It will be really great if it's Gong Hyo Jin. I saw them once in the CF and they look good together. But since she has another project that will air around the same time with this drama so it will be almost impossible collaboration.

Han Ji Min will be a good choice. Since she's good at acting and also beautiful. She's good in romantic comedy drama so it will really fun to watch her play another role like Rooftop Prince.

Song Ji Hyo is not a bad choice too. She has viewer's heart and gain popularity (based on ratings) in TVN Emergency Couple so I think another role in romantic comedy drama with TVN is a good choice for her because she's good at this genre.

Shin Se Kyung? No please let her rest. She has two dramas last year with one of them is 50 episodes drama so it must tiring for her.

Ha Ji Won. No need to say. One of the best actress in Korea. She has many hit dramas. But to play a romantic comedy drama well I am not too sure. Her last drama is also a failure so I hope she can gain people trust again with this drama. 

• Like 5

Dokkaebi (Korean Drama)-a00.jpg
magnify-clip.png

• Drama: Goblin (working & literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Dokkaebi
  • Hangul: 도깨비
  • Director:
  • Writer: Kim Eun-Sook
  • Network: tvN
  • Episodes:
  • Release Date: November, 2016 --
  • Runtime:
  • Language: Korean

Plot

Dokkaebi (Gong Yoo) needs a human bride to end his immortal life. Meanwhile, the Angel of Death has amnesia. Somehow these two meet and live together. They see off those who have passed away and are now leaving this world.

Cast

NOTICE TO ALL - PLEASE READ!

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming.

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever,Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Credit: Asianwiki

• Like 6

WOW KES work very hard this year... 2 dramas airing in the same year. Read it some where that this will be face to face battle with drama that written by You Who Came From Another Star who also already courted LMH as the leading man and Jun Ji Hyun is in talk for the leading lady. 

We already have GY in her so I hope KES will choose the leading lady that will match the battle. And please don't choose idol to be it... though I am sure KES will never do that.... 

YEH... is one of my favourite though I failed to love her latest drama MHIYD

Soo Ae.... always love her 

KTH.... Yong Pal still lingered in my memory coz its good

Best wish for the leading lady choosen next... another anticipated drama to close this year :) 

• Like 4

i would not mind to see either jung yumi/YEH. it his first drama back after being aways for 4 year. if we dont count special appearing in that one drama. so i want an actress that on par with him in acting. i dont think HJW will pick a cable drama to do. i could be wrong. i just she will be able to act that all.

• Like 5

Why are the storylines of K-Dramas getting weirder through the years? The title Goblin makes me doubt the plot.

With Kim Eun Sook as the writer, I have a feeling that Goblin will be a potential hit despite its peculiar aspects.

26 minutes ago, ebullient said:

Why are the storylines of K-Dramas getting weirder through the years? The title Goblin makes me doubt the plot.

With Kim Eun Sook as the writer, I have a feeling that Goblin will be a potential hit despite its peculiar aspects.

@ebullient  After you watch daily's for so long you kind of appreciate weird..

• Like 6