[Drama 2017] Tunnel 터널

larus

4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

JY: (walking into the conference room with coffee and sandwiches) Excuse me. I bought some sandwiches for you. (to SJ) You haven’t had breakfast yet, have you? 
SJ: (getting up) You’ve come, Professor Shin.
KH: (shoving SJ back into his chair as he gets up) Why did you buy all this stuff and bring it here? Have you already eaten? 
JY: I’ve eaten.
KH: Did you really eat? 
JY: Yes. 
(SJ reaches for a coffee to drink, but puts it back at KH’s glare at him.)

dad is so scary and petty, aigoo... :crazy: :lol::wub:

tq @stroppyse for translation

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even though at times the story is predictable say, JY getting herself in serious danger but l must say the production team is really very skillful in making this drama so enjoyable to watch.

episode 15 clip :

I just finished watching raw version. Though not fully understand, i can grab what kind of situation that they faced now. And thank you to our dearest chingu @stroppyse , for translanting some scenes.

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Argghhh! I just realized that I'm going to be gone for about two weeks to a place with no internet connections, so I won't even be able to watch the final next week. I won't even be able to check this thread for spoilers. *sigh*

Ohhh... Where will you go? You really my savior when i am dying waiting for the sub to come out.... But if you go to vacation, please enjoy it. Being away from internet for some times somehow help us to be a real human, hahhha...... :D:lol:

Before watching with sub, i only want to say... Lets call Mo Tae-gu from Voice or borrow his iron ball. Then smash Mok Jin-woo's head, make it into million pieces and throw it to Han River...:angry::angry: how dare he challenge Seon-jae and playing a game with Kwang-ho, and even now he used Jae-yi...??? Huhh....

I will wait for the sub, before going to work... See you guys....

2 hours ago, RayB said:

I'm not sure if they forgot to edit this tower out or if they really had cell towers already in the past hahaha, maybe a radio tower?

Yeah its a Radio tower, if im not mistaken that thing already exist in korea, before 1986, period :sweatingbullets:

-----

On 5/14/2017 at 10:45 PM, Mico Ricco said:

even though at times the story is predictable say, JY getting herself in serious danger but l must say the production team is really very skillful in making this drama so enjoyable to watch.

Yes, i am agree with you. All of our predictions almost got right. From baby boy 1986 is KSJ, We have 2 killers, JHY only a copycat, JY is KH's daughter, MJW is the real serial killer from 1986, and the last JY will be in danger because of this case. But still my heart racing so fast while watching it though I already knew what will happen next.

Okay, before going to work i want to leave some traces here. And drama God must be with me. The sub already out. Hohhooo...:D

Spoiler

MJW is one step ahead our duo detectives. Neither KH or SJ had never thought to put tracker on him, but see he easily monitoring them. And the damn thing is right after JY recalled where she stored  the pen. Oh...my...god...

Now i think i can understand why MJW did the killing. He hates those women because his mother. Most likely his mother is hostess bar back then, the same background as the 7th victim Yoon Da-young. Hostess bar also usually wearing stocking, and his mother like to give her neighborhood stocking as a gift. But still there is one question, why KSJ's mother? She is not seem to be that kind of woman. And why he changed his target to eldery people? He still has a lot of stories to hear.

I can't foresee a happy ending for KH. But for very least i hope happy ending for JY and KSJ. Basically MJW's theory is "an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth". KH is trying to take his beautiful life for 30 years, so he is also going to take KH's the most precious thing that he just knew it after 30 years. Now i wonder what will they do to find JY. There is no clue, completely nothing. Unless JY barter her own life with that pen and MJW accept the offer. But i don't think they will have that kind of agreement. Or even if she voluntary to give that pen to him, MJW won't and never spare her life. He is going to give KH and SJ a lesson for messing up his peaceful life of 30 years.

I can't believe the writer hold the story of PKH'88 until the end. I expect they will tell us his story this week. But nothing happened. 

So MJW knew SJ from 7 years ago. But he only know who was him recently. After KSJ found the dead body of PKH'88. The winning rate of the chess game between SJ and MJW is 50:50. "If you want to win the game, you need to catch the king". Huh, he considered himself as the king. The last game is finding JY. I hope SJ wins this time.

Tunnel never failed to make me laugh during an intense episode. Hohhoo....:D... Of course the actors are Min-ha and Tae-hee... And SJ need to try harder and put a loy of efforts to win his future father in law's heart. Hhhahha.....

Last, as always as expected, there is no preview (i mean, i considered a short video after ep 14 only a backstory of MJW, not a glimpse what will happen next). Another torturous week of waiting... Please dont give me a wth ending... Writer-nim....

Oh i need to stop here i need to work and welcome Mon(ster)day... ^_^

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Preview to episode 15 thanks to @Mico Ricco, plus a translation of it

Mok: Therefore, I am a serial murderer. It was so quiet for 30 years, I thought that no one had caught on to it. 
Mok: Someone I don’t know. Why don’t you say your greetings?
KH: I’m Detective Park Kwang Ho.
Mok: However, I didn’t think you would jump time and follow me here. 
Mok: Back then, i told you to just go, didn’t I?
Young Mok: She was dirty, that’s why she died. 
Mok: He was that woman’s son. 
Mok: As Park Kwang Ho did to me, I’m going to have to take away what’s most precious to Park Kwang Ho. It’s Professor Shin’s turn. 

This drama just keeps ratcheting the tension up. Can't believe next week is finale week. 

Argghhh! I just realized that I'm going to be gone for about two weeks to a place with no internet connections, so I won't even be able to watch the final next week. I won't even be able to check this thread for spoilers. *sigh*

@stroppyse Thank you for the translation :)

1 hour ago, Vo Ki Trieu said:

RATING EP14:

AGB Nationwide: 6.263(+0.772%)

AGB Seoul: 6.901%(+1.122%)

The rating for this drama is really high for a subscriber channel. 

Also, l noticed something really unique too ... despite it being a high rating drama but its forum page is currently really low at page #57. 

Not forgetting it is quite rare for it only have one OST so far, with two episodes remaining.

The balance of bromance, humour, heartwarming and tension was finely tuned in Ep. 14. I couldn't care less about Dr Mok or his motives but I love our modern day investigative team. At least I feel they're more of a team now than they were even two or three episodes ago. It was really tragic that another woman had to die and I felt KH's pain especially when the murderer was within their grasp but had to be let go due to lack of evidence. Anyway, now that JHY is dead, they can't pin this latest one on him, can they? They will have to reopen the investigation.

However, the real highlight of the episode was watching KH play the fussy, overprotective dad. I loved that he called her Yeon Ho, that he nagged incessantly about her safety, that he bought her food to fatten her up, that he forbids her from dating SJ and does his worst to come between them. :lol: Clearly YH is perceptive to know where all of this sudden burst of more-than-usual overbearing attitude comes from. Aside from that, she's probably thrilled to bits that she has a father to fuss over her. CJH was amazing and very believable in all of this but perhaps being the overprotective dad is an extension of KH's general grumpiness about the future anyway.  On top of that when KH complained about YH's pigheadedness and wondered where she got it from, I reacted exactly in the same way as SS. "She's your daughter pal... what do you think?"

My other favourite moment was when MH burst out laughing when he heard that YH was KH's daughter. That was so unexpected and so well-timed, that i joined in. :D He was rather cute doing that. For me MH and TH's reactions to all the revelation was probably a much needed injection of humour in an episode so full of angst and anguish.

Poor SJ... he reacted as I thought he would. But he recovered quickly and well. Happy to see him deal with Dr Mok with the general contempt that he deserves. 

Despite what I said earlier I am somewhat interested in why Dr Mok killed the elderly and erected some kind of trophy wall of death portraits. I expect he thought he was euthanizing them especially if his grandmother who brought him up had a long, drawn-out death. It's like what JY/YH said in her lecture about murderers who hide in plain sight. They are neighbours, friends and loved ones. People who hide their murderous tendencies in remarkable fashion and function on the surface with a high level of normality. Those around them are usually the last to find out the truth.

42 minutes ago, Mico Ricco said:

@stroppyse Thank you for the translation :)

The rating for this drama is really high for a subscriber channel. 

Also, l noticed something really unique too ... despite it being a high rating drama but its forum page is currently really low at page #57. 

Not forgetting it is quite rare for it only have one OST so far, with two episodes remaining.

OCN seems to be on a roll this year. Voice and now Tunnel have gone over 5%. It can only be a good thing... as it means MORE good quality crime shows for us. It's what I really appreciate about OCN, they try at least to make shows for adults. Hope they get similar results for Duel which looks quite interesting.

Most OCN dramas don't get a lot of activity on Soompi threads because there's little or no romance in their dramas. Plus they are also known to be on the darker and more violent side. I remember especially with Bad Guys, which was an excellent drama that saw very few people posting on it. At one point it was mainly @bebebisous33, myself and a couple of other people who were posting in that thread regularly. It was very quiet and to me it's one of the best K dramas I've ever seen. It's since become more watched (mainly because of PHJ and probably MDS).

What heartens me is that with every new OCN drama that gets broadcast, there are more people on Soompi watching and talking about them. The fact that they're attracting better quality actors to the fold says something about the level of writing that's coming out of the broadcaster.

Ahhh  This is a crime drama yet I spent half of EP13 in tears. First I cried in joy when KH&YS reunited tearfully and then I cried in sadness for YH/JY because she looked so lost and vulnerable in the dark empty room.   She has such childlike eyes.  I can see why she got casted for YH/JY as she has to play an adult and child.  Though KH is younger than her because of the strange effect of the time slip, we can still see the father & daughter feeling from them.    I thought PD did great with the scenes where she touched KH’s black jacket thinking about when they first met in taxi(EP13) and her hand on KH’s shirt(EP14), as if she wanted to experience  a real feeling of having a parent for the first time.

I felt really bad for YS because she was left alone again and I wanted to give a hard kick to KH when he didn’t stop chasing the young Mok in the tunnel.    But EP14 showed that YS realized KH went back to the future  but believed he would be back somehow.   Also KH finally made the connection that the time slip happened whenever he was with Mok in the tunnel.

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Preview to episode 15 thanks to @Mico Ricco, plus a translation of it.

Mok: Therefore, I am a serial murderer. It was so quiet for 30 years, I thought that no one had caught on to it. 
Mok: Someone I don’t know. Why don’t you say your greetings?
KH: I’m Detective Park Kwang Ho.
Mok: However, I didn’t think you would jump time and follow me here. 
Mok: Back then, i told you to just go, didn’t I?
Young Mok: She was dirty, that’s why she died. 
Mok: He was that woman’s son. 
Mok: As Park Kwang Ho did to me, I’m going to have to take away what’s most precious to Park Kwang Ho. It’s Professor Shin’s turn. 

This drama just keeps ratcheting the tension up. Can't believe next week is finale week. 

Thank you so much for translations & your comments.  Saddened to hear you will be not here for the final week of Tunnel   :cold_sweat:

** ((CJH is very happy with the ratings)) :blush:

"'Tunnel', exceeded 6% (6.3%) ... Recorded highest audience rating for OCN"

#Thank you sincerely
# It feels so good to me still even the day after...
# Thank you very very much

Oh My God!

two weeks of waiting and... it's me or these two eps were a little bit boring... I mean comparing with 11-12eps?!

13th was good. still, don't know... love or hate the end of the episode. on one side... finally, PKH was the happiest person in his time with his lovely wife, on another side - it was the most expected for me(nowadays is the best thing in a real life, books, or k-dramas.while PKH is healthy and alive). great episode. great plot movement.

14th... just love few moments, especially after 1st half of episode - fun, fluffy and sweet minutes of reactions of their team(guys! you made this! you saved this week!) and also father-daughter moments. sometimes, acting confused me ...but on another hand... actors were amazing in their showing feelings. (and of course, PKH-KSJ! I'm in love with them)

Yeon  Ho and her meeting with her father was really done beautifully. I am pretty tough k-drama nut to crack, don't cry easy, but that scene really got to me.  I think seeing those sad little girl pictures made it real. I wonder if those really are pictures of the actress when she was little?  I also like them eating at that same Chinese restaurant which survived for 30 years and dumplings still the same.  Those touches make this such a good drama.

The closeups of the Mok sadistic killing as he smiled with pleasure, was not my cup of tea. But I suppose it is necessary to move the plot, and hopefully somehow KH gets back to the past and catches Mok so that he can't kill people in the future, but fhat pen evidence seems to point to catching him in the future, but I suppose that can change. That tunnel meeting connection is the key to how it will be resolved and I think I read PKH'88 will be back, his namesake, must mean something?

To be honest, I was slightly disappointed with this episode. The fact that PKH and SJ have not really quite figured out about Dr Mok's motive and landing Jaeyi in danger.. Dr Mok seems to be able to figure out PKH's existence instead. That chess piece which Dr Mok throws to SJ.. I can't believe he will take that from a killer, not knowing that he might plant a listening device. When and SJ were late in sensing something was amiss while they waited for him in front of his building, after what they have experienced, they are still one step behind. They are also too impulsive, and arrested him without evidence but shouldn't they figure out first what Dr Mok will do and then lay a trap for him to fall into. I hope there is a twist in the last 2 episodes , in which they have the upper hand. 

Guest aivzthegreat
3 hours ago, akra said:

Oh My God!

two weeks of waiting and... it's me or these two eps were a little bit boring... I mean comparing with 11-12eps?!

I have to agree on you. Maybe it's because episode 11&12 is too good, and they have taken off one week. So we kind of expecting something more revealing for this week. But overall, the story still move s on it's pace. 

Even though it's not as nerve wracking as the past 2episodes, this one is more like heartwarming especially after seeing two reunions, first is with kwangho and yeonsook then kwangho and yeonho. It's nice to see it once in awhile. :)

We're down to the last episode, and there's nothing revealed on jaeyi's senior. Is her role simply there to guide jaeyi? Cos I expected something more. lol, tbh I suspect almost everyone on this drama. The writer did a really great job on this. Applaud! :)

Congrats also for the highest OCN rating so far!!

I really enjoy how much emotion this show manages to evoke from the characters and the story!

The scenes between PKH and YS when they meet again. Just the dialogues and the looks they give each orher; you can feel the love! Then when JY and PKH meet as daughter and father - really touching. 

I really applaud Choi Jin Hyuk's acting here! Especially being a father to a daugther who is around his age.  I love how comes of as being older and fatherly, or maybe it's his voice.:wink:

At least the whole team is on the same page now and there won't be anymore "secrets". What fun it is to watch the team cope with the change in dynamics :D

I had initially been happy with the idea that PKH actually went back to a period in the past where not much could change, but at least he could do some of the things that he never could do for YS.  Even though she was left alone again, at least she knew what was happening and could live with the hope of him returning one day.  PKH also spared her the details of her demise and the sad state of their daugther's adoption, but at least she knew that her daugther would grow up and make something of herself. 

I can't say I was all that happy with issue around the Dr. Mok's pen. I thought the ink in the pen would have dried out somewhere along the line. It had been mentioned that the ink had stopped being produced around 20 years ago? :blink:  I liked the twist with JY actually being in possession of the pen and that it was placed in the teddy bear that PKH bought for her. However I did not like the fact that the pen was used as a tool to place JY in danger and to move the story forward. I just think the pen never had to travel to the past in the first place; it just seemed too convenient that Dr. Mok's arrest had to be stalled because the pen was absent. 

Dr. Mok seemed to be one step ahead and our dear detectives seemed to be one step behind.  Why did PKH have to show himself to Dr. Mok? Why did they arrest the doc and think that they could get him to confess, when he has been eluding them all this time? Regarding the chess piece, I guess even I would not have thought that the doc would be tech savvy. 

PKH still says that once he has caught Dr. Mok he will be able to go back. From what we see so far, Dr. Mok has to also be in tunnel for this to happen. Does this mean he has to ensure that when Dr. Mok gets caught both of them have to also meet up in the tunnel? I guess I should also be asking if Dr. Mok will in fact get caught? 

@40somethingahjumma I agree with you that the dramas produced by OCN this year were great: Squad 38, Voice and now Tunnel. I hope, OCN can maintain the same level for the next dramas.

After watching the episode 14, I am quite impressed how the story is evolving: SJY is getting new memories in the end, just like Mok JW. When PKH returned to the past, he did change the events of the future. Since time is linear, PKH's appearance in the past had an impact on SJY and YS's life. Notice that they were still living in that flat, when YS saw YH discovering the fountain pen. YS hadn't moved out and she wasn't living with the elderly woman. For example, I don't think that SJY is remembering the past, it is just that she is getting new memories, just like it was shown with MJW. Since SJY suffered from partial amnesia, she is not aware of the real changes. She sees it as if she was remembering it. I have the feeling that the pictures shown in the album are a clue that SJY's past was indeed changed. Sure, she still had the dress, but the couple standing behind her in one of the pictures look different from the couple who adopted her. YS hadn't moved out because she knew that her husband was alive trying to catch the criminal. She had hope, while in the past, she had lost hope and thought, he was dead.

Actually, I am thinking that PKH 1988 could be saved in the end because if PKH goes back to the past, he can change the events that happened before PKH's death. And this leads us to the question: who is the PKH from 1988 again? I do feel that there might be a twist concerning him. In MJW's memories, PKH 1988 discovered him killing these elderly persons. However in an earlier episode, PKH found out that he was asking the brother of a victim who had been killed 30 years ago. This indicates that PKH 1958 might have given him the info about MJW, well aware that he could never catch MJW himself. He needed the help from another PKH. Since PKH's return to the past changed the events (he met Mok JW as a young man), Mok JW had new memories which proves that his intervention changed the future, since MJW is getting new memories. However, this changes are small so that they are not really visible, only if you pay attention. In my opinion, PKH needs to go back to the past again, but in order to do so, he needs MJW. PKH still has one advantage over MJW: he can timetravel and he knows how to trigger it!! MJW can not go back to the past. On the other hand, the young MJW might try to look for PKH. 

As for Mok JW's motive for killing all these women, it is definitely connected to the mother who worked hard in order to support her son and family. She hadn't a nice job (a dishonorable one actually), yet she put all her energy to earn a lot of money. Nonetheless, she couldn't bear the disgrace on the long run so that she drank herself to death. I am not sure, but notice that MJW killed women who were kind of working. KSJ was in the care of his father, when his mother got killed. So in my opinion, MJW must resent these women for prioritising their job or college degree over their family and moral code: they didn't live properly according to the bible. Even the grandmother scolded her daughter for speaking unproperly in front of her son. So in my opinion, MJW was raised by his very strict and conservative grandmother. For her, the daughter's job was a disgrace and she must have shown her resent towards her daughter in front of MJW. 

@lexicon@blademan @RobinM@larus@Mayyes @Mico Ricco @stroppyse@lumibear@maddymappo 

Archived