[Drama 2017] Tunnel 터널

larus

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.. so exciting.. we cant predict d story at all.. its not d same as signal after all.. 

So d secret about pkh tine travel is reveal.. he can go back n forth in past n future if he chase d culprit in d tunnel.. i think its only him who can travel time (for now) isnt? 

Its so interesting plot.. i think their baby girl named yeon ho by pkh himself, not by his wife.. d future isnt change, pkh still missing bcoz he goes to d future again.. such a brief time with his wife.. but i still hope something happen since young ja agreed to reveal about d culprit, also about oh reporter maybe he could do something about this case.. 

And ohh, i knew it will be twisted story.. if only pkh didnt left d fountain pen in d past..ugh.. d pen means nothing in d past bcoz d technology back then wasnt good enough..d pen should be d evidence in d future since it contain many of victims n also culprit dna.. wah..i couldnt guess what happen next in this drama and what other evidence might be used to catch d culprit except d pen..

heol... i manage to watch tunnel live today, albeit until jae yi crying her heart out (damn you live stream, why cut me halfway?!!:angry:)

i kinda hate that tunnel now, is that tunnel helping kwang ho or helping mok jin woo?  but i do have to admit that i laugh when kwang ho run straight back to the future again..im mean, i know.:lol:

really, and AWW at kwangho fulfilling his promise to yeon seok. they are so sweet and it disheartening to know that she was left  all alone again. that means, nothing changed with her live or jae yi's. :( . the only thing that change is, it is him who named their child and not yeon seok.

the preview is another AWW.. did everyone see that hug? so sweet :wub:

but then, mok jinwoo is aiming jae yi now...great :unsure:

hoping for a better live stream tomorrow. 

btw @tiMadam,i saw your tunnel post in My secret romance thread :lol:, i hope you have edit it.

22 minutes ago, faithinme lara said:

Reveal hidden contents

btw @tiMadam,i saw your tunnel post in My secret romance thread :lol:, i hope you have edit it.

Thanks I edited it...i was looking for it and I thought the post got deleted...

I am glad only 3 episodes left because my heart can't take the suspense and panic during run through the tunnel. I hope they don't botch the ending by making it too complicated. 

I wonder if the future will be changed, based on Mok knowing someone knows he is the murderer? He doesn't know where PKH has gone.  

As long as the future stays the same, it means PKH has not saved his wife or himself. Worried he will be stuck in time and space in endless time loop.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Good morning, afternoon and evening for all my chingus all around the world... Happy weekend... Finally after 2 weeks, i meet you again... I just finished watching the last episode...but i can only sigh...hmm...uhh...wth...welcome back to 2017 Kwang-ho-ssi...

I am not sure if i am happy or not right now... Only one thing that certain for me, KH's comeback to the past and disappear again will make YS's life harder than before... He shouldn't have come to her, if he is going to leave again. I know KH never mean to do this too. But during 5 months, YS barely survive for her daughter's sake, the heart that already scattered into million pieces she barely managed to unite it again, and now is about to break again. I feel sad and pity for her. She has to spend her pregnancy for her first child in grief. The same thing goes to KH, i see he also feel so frustrated. Can't we just dragged the psycho Mok Jin-wook to the tunnel, so KH can comeback to 1986?

Jae-yi finally recall her childhood memory. It was so sad to see her crying while reminiscing her time with YS. Also when she visited her old home and spending some times with the owner ahjumma. 

Seon-jae, i am happy that he is now considering himself as a part of Hwayang Team. A little comical scene of Min-ha and Sung-sik too with his superior only a thing that can made me laugh during last night episode. Now i wonder how they will explain about PKH'88 to the rest of Hwayang Squad.

The more i think about it, i feel we will have Nine-like plot time travel. Nothing will change in the future, but maybe only a better future. YS will die, KH too (maybe he sacrificed himself to save JY and SJ or whatever, i really dont have any idea). Why YS named her daughter Yoon-ho, why she gave that whistle, i think its all because PKH's words to her. 

The preview, its sad to see Seon-jae crying like that again like he did when he caught JHY. And now maybe worst than it. Someone that he really want to catch over 15 years actually under his nose. And on the top of that, he doesn't have a solid evidence to put him in jail. Kwang-ho-ssi why you bring the Noel pen to the past? But... But... But... If i am right, in the preview i see JY holds that pen in the present time. Maybe beside the whistle, YS also gives her that pen. Because KH told her that that pen is a strong evidence to catch the culprit in the future, since DNA system haven't built in 1986. JY's memory of her childhood will help a lot i think. And the last, the glimpse of PKH'88? Will he comeback alive? Hahha.... It doesn't make sense, right? Also Mok Jin-wook is going to meet Sung-shik's superior? For what? Will he tell him about PKH'88? Ahh... This drama... Really.... See you tonight guys....

"DON'T run into the tunnel... Stay away... Stop, stop... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..." Yes, that was me yelling into my iPad when I saw where KH was headed. "NOOOOOOO" And the husband was wondering what in heaven's name I was going on about. 

But no, sadly or happily... he went straight into the tunnel and back to the future. (Without the aid of lightning or a Delorean flux capacitor)

I know PKH is dogged about getting his man behind bars but honestly even I could see it coming a mile away. :D The man just can't help himself, can he? Rushing headlong into trouble.

While PKH being the attentive husband was all kinds of adorable (I feel really terrible for even thinking this especially when YS is with child), for me the crime solving bromance trumps everything. Poor KSJ running around looking like a little lost lamb without his time travelling partner in crime, attempting to retrace all his steps and coming to the horrifying realization that the man he considered to be something of a mentor is the elusive stocking killer of his mother and other women.

I really liked JY/YH's little arc as she embarked on her own search for Mum and Dad. She had lost all her memories of Mum and then they came flooding back when she saw the photo. It was a lovely culmination of her pilgrimage when she ended up at the oriental medicine shop reminiscing with the owner and thinking happily that mum and dad are now reunited together in 2016.

Except that he's come back... especially to have jajangmyeon with her. :wink:

I really enjoyed the episode 13 and I didn't expect that PKH would return so soon to the future. Yet, this was definitely a nice twist because I was missing our bromance. I believe that PKH is there to protect his daughter, it is not just catch the culprit Mok. Now, Mok knows that SJY is PKH's daughter and I have the impression, he will try to hurt her. Since PKH went to the past and met Mok there, the latter knows that PKH didn't die from the first attack and he knows his identity hence Mok will always be on alert, waiting for the appearance of PKH in his life. I guess, PKH's intervention might have been the reason why our serial killer stopped killing women like that, since someone had found out his identity. This is a very nice way to explain why the Hwaseong case remains unsolved. He left the fountain pen in the past so that he has evidence against Mok. Since the time in 2017 is running parallel to the time in 1986, PKH can not change the events in the end: Mok killed PKH 1988. We thought that PKH 1988 discovered Mok's secret (he kept killing elderly people), but I think that there is more to it. Mok knew the existence of a PKH from his past encounter therefore he was always waiting or even looking for PKH as the latter was the only one who knew about his secret.

During her lecture, SJY pointed out that serial killers usually have familial circumstances that "kind of" explain why they became killers: negligence, abuse aso, yet she also added that this was not enough as an explanation and even people who were raised under normal circumstances could become murderer. Later, we saw Mok's house and family and it is quite clear that he came from an average family. He didn't live in poverty, he had a loving mother who was worried about him, he had just lost his grandmother aso. This lecture was there to make the viewer realise that Mok doesn't fit that profile at all. Actually, I had already imagined in my mind that his hate for women would be explained the way he was raised, just like JHY. Yet, I was proven wrong and it was a nice twist as well because we have two different kind of serial killers. Mok hasn't been missing love from his mother and family. The question is: maybe he was raised with such strong convictions (what is right and wrong and was trained to judge people based on their actions... maybe his grandmother was someone who would always judge and condemn women for their conduct and Mok assimilated her way of thinking). All I could see is that the grandmother had a huge place in that family, based on the altar offerings.   

Guest Tinkiebell

At first I found it weird that there has been no consequences in the future to his going back to the past, because the timeline was surely a linear one, not parallel. But indeed it could be explained by the fact that he went back to the future again, without having really changed the past. Just like @bebebisous33 said, the only thing he might be responsible for is that Dr. Mok changed his MO in killing his next victims. 

Love the analysis on Dr Mok!

For me I felt that the seeds of fascination with death were already planted in Dr Mok. Just like Jung Ho Young who started killing once he witnessed Dr. Mok killing Sun Jae's mother, that was his trigger.

What is interesting is we have yet to find out what was Dr Mok's trigger. An average family, entered medical school - he was already killing by the time we saw young Dr.Mok at his grandmother's funeral. When PWH interviewed the man from the store (2017) to find Noel, that man mentioned Noel had a morbid fascination with death and would listen to the bloody stories from the war veteran. Could the trigger be a woman from his family? Mother? Grandmother. [I admit that the Freudian use of  issues with mother seems a tad overused in dramas]

I feel tonight we will find out the 'why' behind his behaviour. Right now I am contemplating whether or not to watch the drama live.

@LyraYoo Yes, I have always feared that PKH might not survive at the end. 

Since they have found out the identity of the serial killer, they have to bring evidences for his crimes. However, he can not be charged for the murders that happened 30 years ago, since the status of limitation for murder is 25 years, if I am not mistaken. On the other hand, Mok confessed why he killed PKH 1988 so that Mok can definitely be accused of murdering elderly people. Yet, here again they have to bring the evidence. 

But there is one problem: Mok knows about PKH's true identity (he comes from the past). He must have realised it, when he heard that PKH was SJY's father, although he is as old as she is. Since Mok JW killed PKH 1988, he could definitely accuse PKH of stealing identity. He was the one who did the autopsy on the PKH 1988. So actually, Mok could use this against our team. PKH can not explain his identity and KSJ hid a crime: the death of PKH. I hope, SJY will play a huge part in bringing down Mok. The latter looks down on women, the way he judges them hence I can see him underestimating SJY's intelligence and strength. Since he has been able to manipulate her (trap for JHY), he definitely thinks that he has the upperhand.

@Dramanoona I am also curious to find out about Mok's trigger. Why did he start killing? The good thing is that now they know the identity, SJY might be able to investigate his past and family. Moreover, they have discovered his other MO. This could give a clue about his true motivation and trigger too.

By the way, I had the impression while watching the episode 1 that the serial killer looked much older than the younger version of Mok. So I was surprised to see a different Mok, the younger version...  

Archived