[Drama 2017] Tunnel 터널

larus

5 hours ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

I don't think I would need the subtitles to understand tonight's episode. Such a forgettable merry-go-round episode.

Well i think i know what you mean, and somehow I also think that way too... ^_^^_^^_^ hahha... The race to save Jae-yi was not as excited as the race to catch Jung Ho-young. The whole episode basically told us about Mok Jin-woo's past and his twisted understanding about "get rid the dirty person" that the soldier (he went to Vietnam War) talked about. The most frustrating moment for me last night was, Why Sun-jae can't fire his gun? At least he has to shot Mok Jon-woo's car to stop him? Jae-yi already jumped from that car, there is no more risk (he will hurt/kill Jae-yi) to shot him or his car.

PKH'88's story also felt so flat for me. Its not bad, but i expect to see more complicated back story of him. But it turn out that he stalked MJK to find the evidence of his eldery killing, but accidentaly knowing about his killing from 30 years ago. Poor Kwang-ho'88.

5 hours ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

How did JY know she has to get Kate to send a decoy parcel to dupe Dr Mok?? 

It is her way to buy a time for SJ and KH. Also with the hope that SJ will know that she called her friend in England. So, he can make a plan to save her. 

9 hours ago, faithinme lara said:

gawd.....that DAMN CLIFFHANGER AGAIN!!! they really know to create preview. no signs of Jae yi in there, but i am convinced she survive.

I am pretty sure that Jae-yi is safe. I see some picts on IG that SJ holds her. So she will definitely survive, and they catch MJW. 

PS : Since i talked about it, i want to ask, how to post pict from IG on this forum? :blink::D I am really stupid, i tried numerous time but failed. I hope someone will help me. Thank you.

Well, i really excited for tonight episode. Sun-jae finally visiting his mother after almost over 15 years. PKH decided to return to the past. Really? He can comeback to the past without MJW? Also PKH'88, All the Hwayang Squad send a respect to him. When KH goes back to the past, maybe they will create an "alibi/story" that the one who died is PKH'88. Okay, lets wait tonight.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 15

I had a feeling that YH might be killed, it will be reason that PKH has to catch him in the past.  But possible she survives the attack, she already survived twice before.  

The bug in the chess piece was a bit of a stretch because I think the natural reaction would be to just put the thing down after it was thrown to him by Mok, not keep it and  take it along with him.  But for the most part this sci fi does make sense which is amazing. They really made sense of Mok kidnapping her, which was confusing to me. After all everyone will know he is a kidnapper so what is the sense of not killing her like he said.  But it makes sense now because it was a gift from his mother and had religious significance. 

Mok's mom was really pretty. 

It's been painful to see the team fumble around in these last couple of episodes. I always knew catching Dr Mok wasn't going to be easy but this was ridiculous. JY's now been throttled not once, not twice but three times?!

I guess I haven't found Dr Mok to be a compelling perpetrator. I liked him well enough when he was the slightly enigmatic, somewhat sly medical examiner who bantered with the cops. As a villain he lacks breadth and depth. It isn't the actor but I think they stretched things too thin and ran out of interesting things to say about him. On hindsight, they should have done at least a couple more episodic stories before revealing to the world that Dr Mok was the original stocking killer. 

After all that and all the big talk, he basically sees himself as a cleaner taking out the rubbish? I just don't feel he's interesting enough to have that many episodes devoted to his inner life and backstory. I certainly didn't watch this show for that.

Voice had its flaws undoubtedly but one thing it did well was give us a motley of interesting villains. 

Our two villains here had serious Mummy issues. One mum thought her little boy was an orc in hibernation and the other was a call girl who brought men to the house and locked him up in the attic with his comic books. Dr Mok spent too much time in the attic and in the company of a Vietnam Vet who regaled him with stories about his war activities. JHY spent too much time in an institution and didn't get a lot of love from mum. 

On a certain level digging through backstory expedites the capture of these men. I don't know that knowing what pitiful lives they led really makes much of difference in whether we take pity or come some conclusion that they are victims. They may be and many people lead pitiful and difficult lives but they don't all turn into serial killers.

4 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Episode 15

I had a feeling that YH might be killed, it will be reason that PKH has to catch him in the past.  But possible she survives the attack, she already survived twice before.  

yeah its seems obvious from the preview that they visit the funeral, & that flower, it must be because of Yeonho . 

this ending seems pretty sad, how i wish she aint died. :tired:

So i was right b4 when i said that dr mok killed all those woman bcoz he thinks they r bad girl to go around at midnight.. he thinks those woman r dirty so they must be "punnised"..

And for sungjae mom, plus bcoz she smile to a man at d bus?? Omo.. he is a sick man indeed.. more sicker than joon ho young..

Pkh took d pen that is so precious to him (his mom's gift).. then he will took d most precious thing from pkh, is yeonho (pks only daughter). I dont know if yeon ho will be killed or not.. but i think she wont.. if she is killed, theb d story will ruin again as of pkh must to catch d culprit in d past.. there's no evidence in d past and also its a cold case for 30 years.. d only evidence only d fountain pen but it useless in past with no technology support.. d pen already found in d future n can used as evidence for d recent murder case.. d story already ended if they catch dr.mok n put him in jail..

But 1 thing that still make me curious is how pkh go back to d past? Remember d rule of d tunnel that he will jump time IF he chase or confront d culprit IN d tunnel.. so how can he jump time again this time, if dr mok already in jail? I saw d preview also show young ja in d past make a call n mok was behind her.. i hope there will be a twist to d story to make it more interesting..

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's been painful to see the team fumble around in these last couple of episodes. I always knew catching Dr Mok wasn't going to be easy but this was ridiculous. JY's now been throttled not once, not twice but three times?

l love the part when JY challenged Mok to strangle her.

Is Mok a crazy person or is it JY?   :lol:

Q08xrTE.jpg

Our journey is about to end.

I am sure JY/Yeon Ho will survive.

The question is will PKH be able to get back without MJW being at the tunnel?

Really enjoyed this drama even though I joined late in the discussion and mainly lurked.

20 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Our journey is about to end.

I am sure JY/Yeon Ho will survive.

The question is will PKH be able to get back without MJW being at the tunnel?

Really enjoyed this drama even though I joined late in the discussion and mainly lurked.

i really didnt know how i will react if i see he still in the future after walking into the tunnel again....probably i laugh:lol:, but i felt sad cuz he basically need to live with someone else identity for the rest of his live,:unsure: and jaeyi cannot address him as a father publicly cuz that will be weird AF. :crazy:

i really felt that he will go back to past again to yeonseok and jaeyi , but somehow, he will end up in the future again. probably because of chasing suspect again. but, i wonder, how much  the future change after that. is that as crazy as choi jin hyuk said in the press conference that day? 

2 hours ago, Mico Ricco said:

l love the part when JY challenged Mok to strangle her.

Is Mok a crazy person or is it JY?   :lol:

JY did that to provoke him, its not like shes crazy or smthing, if i be in her place i would do the same thing :yum:

--------

Preview

If JY endup alive, then whos funeral was that? that flowers? arent it obvious? 

10 hours ago, Mayyes said:

PS : Since i talked about it, i want to ask, how to post pict from IG on this forum? :blink::D I am really stupid, i tried numerous time but

It is here, from Dispatch itself :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUQ55rKA_zg/?taken-by=nwnaxr

2 hours ago, MiAmour said:

yeah its seems obvious from the preview that they visit the funeral, & that flower, it must be because of Yeonho . 

this ending seems pretty sad, how i wish she aint died. :tired:

I don't think she dies. The place where they lay down the flowers is where Kim Sung-jae's mothers ashes where scattered. KSJ said he would visit his mother's burial site when he catches her murderer. I guess it means they were able to catch Dr. Mok. 

Regarding episode 15: it was slower than usual but in a way crucial to understand Dr. Mok motives. It might have been nice to not have the mother issue explanation again and a different, more complex murderer. But what I like is that it remains within the motto of this drama: no murderer is born overnight and they all have a reason even through it does not justify the murder. 

I feel like they had more plans with 88' PKH but not enough time to fully develop the story so it was wrapped up rather quickly. 

A main criticism here seem the professional choices both PKH and KSJ make. However, these two are under high-pressure and on top of that under emotional stress. The person in danger is not some victim they have no emotional attachment to, it is Yeon-ho. So their decision-making is far from rational simply because their too many emotions involved. They act impulsive. There is a reason why doctors are not allowed to treat patients they are emotional attached to (family, friends, relatives, etc.), because their impulsive reactions might cause greater danger. In reality neither PKH nor KSJ would be allowed on the case but obviously in dramaland they are in it for the dramatic effect. Just think for yourself: Your best friend's life is on the line, would you make completely logical and rational decisions or react impulsive? 

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's been painful to see the team fumble around in these last couple of episodes. I always knew catching Dr Mok wasn't going to be easy but this was ridiculous. JY's now been throttled not once, not twice but three times?!

I guess I haven't found Dr Mok to be a compelling perpetrator. I liked him well enough when he was the slightly enigmatic, somewhat sly medical examiner who bantered with the cops. As a villain he lacks breadth and depth. It isn't the actor but I think they stretched things too thin and ran out of interesting things to say about him. On hindsight, they should have done at least a couple more episodic stories before revealing to the world that Dr Mok was the original stocking killer. 

After all that and all the big talk, he basically sees himself as a cleaner taking out the rubbish? I just don't feel he's interesting enough to have that many episodes devoted to his inner life and backstory. I certainly didn't watch this show for that.

Voice had its flaws undoubtedly but one thing it did well was give us a motley of interesting villains. 

Our two villains here had serious Mummy issues. One mum thought her little boy was an orc in hibernation and the other was a call girl who brought men to the house and locked him up in the attic with his comic books. Dr Mok spent too much time in the attic and in the company of a Vietnam Vet who regaled him with stories about his war activities. JHY spent too much time in an institution and didn't get a lot of love from mum. 

On a certain level digging through backstory expedites the capture of these men. I don't know that knowing what pitiful lives they led really makes much of difference in whether we take pity or come some conclusion that they are victims. They may be and many people lead pitiful and difficult lives but they don't all turn into serial killers.

I guess it was because the JHY story was a lot more convincing into why he kills his victims, that it pretty much overshadowed Dr. Mok's story. Even with the previous reveal on the flashbacks with his mother, his mother although neglected him was able to give him a fountain pen as a gift. With the scenes we have, his mother did love him. He didn't kill his mother, so I'm confused why he started to kill female victims just because he thought they were dirty. He also stabbed the Taxi driver to death after the Taxi driver called out his mother indirectly for being "dirty".... Also someone in their right mind, would've understood that killing soldiers during a war doesn't equate to killing innocent beings. 

Dr. Mok is a little over the place - kills innocent women because he deems them dirty, killed the taxi driver, kills the elderly. Like YH mentioned he's just a serial murderer, who tries to justify his deaths as a good deed. He keeps telling himself that he has his reasons, but he pretty much lost the plot from day 1. 

Voice was great in the beginning, but I felt that spent too much time on showcasing how gory the villain was and neglected the main team's synergy. Personally for me, Signal ticked all the boxes. I'm still scarred by a particular villain in Signal who killed his victims because he thought they were suffering (depressed looking customers). 

In all Tunnel is pretty good, what I do love about the show is the relationship of the team in the police office - even reporter/taxi driver Oh lol. Due to that, I find the main characters more endearing and we had enough screen time for their backstory. Though, wish there was more comedy scenes between the crew members, especially SJ and PH (haha that's probably too much to ask) I agree, YH getting hurt for the third time is ..............Still I wonder how they will wrap up this episode. I want so many happy endings for our heroes. 

Archived