[Drama 2017] Tunnel 터널

larus

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone of you ran back to watch Ep1? I did. Now i wonder if Dr Mok set fire to the police station.... I realised reporter Oh got all his guesses right. He probably got killed but I hope Park'58 gets to go back to tell the taxi driver that his father ain't a jerk after all.

Park'88's story is still a cliffhanger. How did his investigation of Dr Mok lead him to find the next of kin of the fifth murdered woman who escaped Mok's clutches?

...and i am also wondering if Prof Shin spent her childhood locked in the room (in UK), like our copycat murderer.

If pkh back to 86, then i think he will have a dillema.. he had to choose 2 different things, stay "calm" n quite with his wife n soon to be daughter for a happy life together.. OR he will chase that culprit again n risking his life again for d second time.. 

Anw, maybe u all can answer for those 2 choice i asked above, ita a big chance for him to chase d culprit again, eventho he will spend some romantic days with his wife first.. maybe pkh will change many things in d future, but i wonder if those people in 2017 will remember him after he go back to d past? D scene when SJ was talking with JY and he told her PKH is her father, will it be erased from both memories after PKH gone to d past?

Maybe d first thing that PKH will did is going to d church n find a tatoo man and pastor/people in that church.. i think many secret stories will be revealed from d church.. d background of dr.mok himself is really interesting.. i have strong feelings that somehow Dr Mok had some connection/stories with all those womans that he killed.. could it be if dr.mok heard all those women make a sin confession thingy at d church? So he start to follow them to killed them bcoz he thought that he is "angle of death" and he will stop them to make sins anymore??

Yang Joo Ho posted the IG photo showing him in a taxi driver uniform.  I thought the OH character was done in Tunnel but I was wrong.  So after all the OH character is coming back.  However in another IG video clip (posted by #Kimwanjoung(recording staff) ), there is one looking like YJH in reporter cloths but I’m  not sure.  However looking at KH’s cloths  it seems KH is back in 1986?  

From Yang Joo Ho IG https://www.instagram.com/p/BTltwiUl6H5/?taken-by=zuho95
#Where time and destiny intersect #ocn #Tunnel
#Everybody  #I missed you
#kdrama #tunnel #reporter #taxi #driver #oh #Yang Joo Ho
#Do I have any hair to trim? ^^ ke
#cancellation for this week #wait for me

87SHiy5.jpg

From Kimwanjoung(recording staff) https://www.instagram.com/p/BTnoQyLjP_4/?taken-by=kimwanjoung
((screencapped)) YJH??

8iT8bQU.jpgMSgshBP.jpg

On 5/2/2017 at 7:38 AM, larus said:

I watched the last episodes last night and did not have time to wrote my thoughts. I could not read all the comments either but I will back read when will have a little free time. 

I was surprised to see how Park Kwang Ho returned in the past. I did not see that comming but after seing that he discover Dr. Mok as the serial killer he was looking for I wonder what will happen next. My question is when he will return? I don`t think it will be exactly when he left. The show will have to continue with 4 more episodes. I wonder if they will show the team in the future continuing without Park Kwang Ho and if they do I wonder what is changed. I really thought that Park Kwang Ho will return after he is finding the killer. I will miss Park Kwang Ho and Sun jae and the rest of the team investigating together, and his interaction with his daughter. But I liked this twist as well. So many oportunities for the story!

We found some answers to the questions. Jung Ho Young was indeed a witness and he really liked the scene, it had intrigued him. He was already a disturbed young man and whatching Mok killing his victim it was like an upgrade for him. He took it to the next level. They did not meet personally but Jung Ho Young became a copycat murder, he even internalized that murder. Mok was not much older than Jung Youn Ho when he murdered all those women.

If Park Kwang Ho will return before his wife died, he will change the destiny of his daughter. It is possible to see Professor Shin as a criminologist as well just that she won`t have the same traits of her personality, she would not have grown up with so many traumas. Sun jae could be a cop as well. It is possible they will both meet in different circumstances and maybe they will fall in love again. My first concern is for Park Kwang Ho. What if he will not arrive in the right time? Or what if he will die trying to catch the killer but Mok will escape again? Will Park Kwang Ho will travel in the future again or he will die but leave clues? I think he will leave evidences/ clues for the future and Sun Jae and his team will catch Doctor Mok with those evidences. Maybe Jae Yi( Yeon Ho) will find those evidences in her father`s things. I have a feeling that something bad will happen to Park Kwang Ho. It would be too good for him to live again in his own time. He could prevent Jung Young ho killing so many woman, he will look for Mok until he finds him. But even if he finds him, it will be hard for him to demonstrate with indisputable evidence that he is the killer. It is possible that Mok could hide if he knows Park Kwang Ho is alive or could kill other persons and complicate things. I am so curiuous what will happen next. Too bad I have to wait for two weeks to find out more information.   

Hi  It seems you got busy. Yeah thankfully my schedule  finally returned to normal.  I know earlier we talked about the time jump with KH and what would happen then.  But I didn’t expect  that the writer would do it in EP12 with 4 more eps left. humm   If KH returns to 1986 and does something about the case, then isn’t this going to remind the viewers of Signal.    Signal showed if one tried to solve one problem   it triggered a ripple effect and created new different problems.    So I wondered what would happen  with his wife Yeon Sook, when KH made the time jump to 2017.   Actually one time  CJH had VLive in which fans were supposed to ask about Tunnel and KH.  CJH gave a hint that KH would be united with YS (at the end??)      Right after I think that we learned about YS ‘s death.  So I thought KH made the time jump in the tunnel after he got hit on his head and then it was possible he was dead but somehow( with the help of the writer’s magic wand) came to 2017.   Now as YS was dead  I thought  the writer could make a happy but sad ending with KH and YS together in another world.   However I thought of another idea.   Maybe KH  return to the time just before YS died and then he comes back to 2017 with YS.   In this way KH doesn’t disturb the history and KH & YS have a happy ending.   Moreover this scenario can create many  fun and comical situations  just like it happened with KH and the team leader Jeon Sung Sik.    Just imagine JY and SJ live with the younger looking parents  KH and YS.    Because of circumstance KH and YS have to hide their true identity.   KH can be 88KH and works continuously with SJ as a colleague and FIL/SIL in private.   :lol: 

16 hours ago, Cherrine Kim said:

If pkh back to 86, then i think he will have a dillema.. he had to choose 2 different things, stay "calm" n quite with his wife n soon to be daughter for a happy life together.. OR he will chase that culprit again n risking his life again for d second time.. 

Anw, maybe u all can answer for those 2 choice i asked above, ita a big chance for him to chase d culprit again, eventho he will spend some romantic days with his wife first.. maybe pkh will change many things in d future, but i wonder if those people in 2017 will remember him after he go back to d past? D scene when SJ was talking with JY and he told her PKH is her father, will it be erased from both memories after PKH gone to d past?

Maybe d first thing that PKH will did is going to d church n find a tatoo man and pastor/people in that church.. i think many secret stories will be revealed from d church.. d background of dr.mok himself is really interesting.. i have strong feelings that somehow Dr Mok had some connection/stories with all those womans that he killed.. could it be if dr.mok heard all those women make a sin confession thingy at d church? So he start to follow them to killed them bcoz he thought that he is "angle of death" and he will stop them to make sins anymore??

I really like your idea that Mok might have heard the women's confessions or maybe the confessions of their relatives because I can not imagine that the waitress from the Rose cafe would go to the church in order to confess. She was also a troublemaker, since she often disappeared hence JSS didn't search for her in the first place. Anyway, this idea would explain why he has got a God complex and why he would consider these women as not innocent. The question is how he heard these confessions because he was too young to be a priest. Either, one day when he was hiding in the confession stool, someone saw his shadow and mistook him for the priest. If it is related to the church and religion, what kind of sins pushed him to punish these women? I can not imagine that KSJ's mother was committing adultery, so maybe vanity could have been a reason or disobedience to the parents or to the husband (quarrels)? I know that some conservative priests are preaching total obedience to the husband or the parents/father!!

@booha I like your idea as well: PKH and YS reunited but going together to the future... However, in order to happen, this means that both have to meet Mok in the tunnel and fight against him because the time travel could only happen under these two conditions (meeting the murderer Mok in the Tunnel). Imagine that PKH and YS kill Mok in the past as they can never prove Mok's culpability and only YS believes him and his time travel. By disappearing, both don't change the future in the sense that SJY gets adopted and KSJ becomes a policeman. This could explain why there was no record of YS in 2017!! PKH erased her and his existence in the past. Maybe he is the one behind the fire of the records so that this case would be erased, just like his disappearance wouldn't be connected to the serial murder. One more thing: the writer would follow the reality: the case got never solved officially. But in order to stop the serial killer, PKH is forced to ask help from the journalist Oh, since his colleagues don't believe him, even JSS.

What do you think?

@dhakra @RobinM @LyraYoo @Mico Ricco @40somethingahjumma @lumibear @coffeeboy @MiAmour @larus 

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Imagine that PKH and YS kill Mok in the past as they can never prove Mok's culpability and only YS believes him and his time travel. By disappearing, both don't change the future in the sense that SJY gets adopted and KSJ becomes a policeman. This could explain why there was no record of YS in 2017!! PKH erased her and his existence in the past. Maybe he is the one behind the fire of the records so that this case would be erased, just like his disappearance wouldn't be connected to the serial murder. One more thing: the writer would follow the reality: the case got never solved officially. But in order to stop the serial killer, PKH is forced to ask help from the journalist Oh, since his colleagues don't believe him, even JSS.

What do you mean behind the fire? R you perhaps stated that PKH the one who burn Jaeyi's step parent's house?hmmm...

===

Judging on the new appearance of SJY (with long hair), i guess we can picture what will happen:smirk:

To be honest, I have no idea. @bebebisous33

While having KH return to the past was an interesting twist, I was hoping that the KH-SJ-SS bromance would last just that much longer. That's been one of the great highlights of the drama for me. It's the one thing that made this show just a tad better for me than Signal... the positioning of the ensemble cast, the building of the team etc. Of course it would be very hard-hearted of me if I said I preferred KH in 2016 while he's desperately pining to go home to his beloved YS. And while they were very cute together for the briefest of moments, TBH I feel a lot more invested in the 2016 relationships... not perhaps very surprising seeing that we've been on this emotional journey of discovery with them.

I suppose the two timelines works for me to some extent although if there's not much interaction between the two then well... what's the point. It seems that no earth-shattering temporal paradox is at work here so I'm thinking alternate timeline a la Star Trek 2009. I'm still not really sure how the tunnel works as a temporal device. It may be that KH and Dr Mok are caught in a perpetual loop of hunter-hunted, signifying some kind of cosmic good vs evil struggle but I can't say for certain until we see where this new development takes us.

There's always been a popular theory that the victims of the Whitechapel murders were killed because of they were women of the night. "Jack the Ripper", according to this theory chose them precisely because he was punishing them. Perhaps there's something similar going on. But Dr Mok seems to rather enjoy himself a bit too much than just to be an Angel of Death wannabe. There's an unmistakable glee in his entire attitude. It is a game for him to be one step ahead of everyone else.

Although I protested at KH running off on his own to catch the intrepid Dr Mok, I can sort of understand why he did it. He's rather too fixated on fixing the problem himself because he holds himself responsible for not catching the killer in '86 which created a domino effect leading to the widowing of his wife and the orphaning of his child as well as a victim's family not getting any closure. He takes the burden of responsibility very very seriously to the point where he's willing to put his life on the line for SJ. He may also being trying to protect SJ from having to deal with Dr Mok, a confidant and a mentor of sorts.

8 hours ago, booha said:

Hi  It seems you got busy. Yeah thankfully my schedule  finally returned to normal.  I know earlier we talked about the time jump with KH and what would happen then.  But I didn’t expect  that the writer would do it in EP12 with 4 more eps left. humm

Yeah, I am a little busy and I feel guilty that I still look for this thead from time to time when I should be doing something else. :lol: I am glad to see you at this thread again. I was wondering how are you doing.

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

One more thing: the writer would follow the reality: the case got never solved officially. But in order to stop the serial killer, PKH is forced to ask help from the journalist Oh, since his colleagues don't believe him, even JSS.

What do you think?

It is fun to put our imagination and thought at work and with this time jump there are a lot of posibilities. About my opinion, I don`t believe that both Parl Kwang Ho and his wife are going together in the future. The time jump it seems to be random. The tunnel is a place that for some reasons there is this discontinuities in time. Maybe we`ll never know why this fenomen was able to exist there. I really don`t know what will happen next. I want to know when Park Kwang Ho will arrive back  in his time first. I agree that whatever Park Kwang Ho will do in the past will affect the future. it triggers a ripple effect and created new different problems. It could be a good or a bad thing. The future was altered anyway the moment Park Kwang Ho has dissapeared. His wife and Jae Yi sufferered the most. Maybe their destiny would be a better one but it is possible that the serial murder case to remain unresolved. Now, if Park Kwang Ho arrived after his disappearence and not before, and he will not change the course of events (Mok`s murders), Sun Jae`s mother is one of the victims so his son will probably decide to be a cop anyway. Jae Yi (Yeon Ho) could chose the same job. From the stills, it seems that both Sun Jae and Jae Yi are meeting in the alternative future again. I am curious what is her name. She will be Yeon Ho? We`ll see. I am curious if we`ll see both past and future in the next episodes. We`ll see what Park Kwang Ho will do in the past and how the future is different? Park Kwang Ho is the key character. He is the only one who has memories intact. He is back to the past and he knows the identity of the killer (Mok), he knows that Jung Young Ho will become a serial killer as well, that he witnessed the murder and become a copycat killer, he knows all that but how he will prove it is another thing. If the young Mok will find out that the cop is after him how he will react? That is unknown.

Because this drama is not one man show, we won`t see just Park Kwang Ho resolving the case in the past. Something will happen and the case will be finished in the future with Kwang Ho`s clues left by him for Sun Jae and Yeon Ho/Jae Yi. JMO.  I have a feeling that Park Kwang Ho won`t go back to the future again but we never know what might happen next. One thing is sure. Park Kwang Ho is the key to solve this case, the time he spent in the future was very important. The case will be solved.

On 5/1/2017 at 5:17 PM, bebebisous33 said:

Actually, he has a God complex. He thinks so highly of himself so that  when the 5th victim had survided, it did hurt his ego. He had made a mistake and hadn't noticed it, therefore he had to kill women again like in the past. Then there was this copycat and MJW couldn't bear the thought that the credit of his crimes would be given to JHY. He wanted to take credit for it. His narcissic tendency was clearly shown in the last episodes. Since he is suffering from a God complex (reinforced by the fact that he had never been caught murdering), he views people like pawns. Let me explain the importance of the meeting between MJW and JHY. Visiting JHY in jail was for two reasons:

- he needed to get rid of him as he was a witness

- moreover, he couldn't help it revealing his identity as the real serial killer for his narcissic tendencies

His visit illustrates Mok's state of mind: he is able to manipulate people's mind...he is acting as if he was playing chess. He is acting like a God who knows everyone's flaws and weaknesses and uses these in order to achieve his goal. He did the same thing with SJY. He knew how to push the right button. Everything is a game and when he realised that PKH was from the past, he really enjoyed the challenge, as if God was testing him and his abilities. PKH is just a pawn in a huge chess game hence he needs to get rid of it. The end of the game is, when all the pawns from the adversary are removed. But MJW doesn't consider himself as a pawn from the chess game, he is the player, like God who is the creator of all human beings. It is as if the time travel was created by God in order to challenge Mok which could reinforce his ego and narcissic tendencies.

I think what you said about Mok having a God complex may be right. I think his name "Noel" is also very telling of this. They say Noel means "christmas" and as I looked into its meaning it also means "birth" and since christmas is the day when jesus christ was born according to christians, that means he thinks of himself as god. :o He even had the name Noel printed on his fountain pen, a tool that he uses to mark his victims. This probably means that he's proud of that name as if to say that it has always been his duty to punish those women as sick as that may sound.

Btw hi guys, I've been lurking on this thread for a while now and am impressed how alot of your predictions turned out to be true! From finding out the real murderer to figuring out that JHY was a witness to SJ's mum's murder. It's like you're all detectives!:D

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I really like your idea that Mok might have heard the women's confessions or maybe the confessions of their relatives because I can not imagine that the waitress from the Rose cafe would go to the church in order to confess. She was also a troublemaker, since she often disappeared hence JSS didn't search for her in the first place. Anyway, this idea would explain why he has got a God complex and why he would consider these women as not innocent. The question is how he heard these confessions because he was too young to be a priest. Either, one day when he was hiding in the confession stool, someone saw his shadow and mistook him for the priest. If it is related to the church and religion, what kind of sins pushed him to punish these women? I can not imagine that KSJ's mother was committing adultery, so maybe vanity could have been a reason or disobedience to the parents or to the husband (quarrels)? I know that some conservative priests are preaching total obedience to the husband or the parents/father!!

@booha I like your idea as well: PKH and YS reunited but going together to the future... However, in order to happen, this means that both have to meet Mok in the tunnel and fight against him because the time travel could only happen under these two conditions (meeting the murderer Mok in the Tunnel). Imagine that PKH and YS kill Mok in the past as they can never prove Mok's culpability and only YS believes him and his time travel. By disappearing, both don't change the future in the sense that SJY gets adopted and KSJ becomes a policeman. This could explain why there was no record of YS in 2017!! PKH erased her and his existence in the past. Maybe he is the one behind the fire of the records so that this case would be erased, just like his disappearance wouldn't be connected to the serial murder. One more thing: the writer would follow the reality: the case got never solved officially. But in order to stop the serial killer, PKH is forced to ask help from the journalist Oh, since his colleagues don't believe him, even JSS.

What do you think?

@dhakra @RobinM @LyraYoo @Mico Ricco @40somethingahjumma @lumibear @coffeeboy @MiAmour @larus 

I dont think That would be possible. KawngHo is already blaming himself for not being there for Jaeyi/YoonHeo he will never agree to do it willingly again. And to make YoonSeok bear the same kind of burden/guilt, unthinkable;

If he ever to have to disappear he will leave alone.

At first i thought, the victims might be working as bar hostesses but then the café girl had a day job.

Maybe she was desperate for more money as her habit of "never leaving her bank books"  would suggest.

The victim of that female murderer who was told by Young Dr Mok to wear a skirt might also have been a bar hostess (like he friend).

But Sunjae's mom ? Maybe they were really in need of money ? or perhaps she was murdered because of that soldier who followed her (an ex-lover) ?

Cha Hak Yeon (VIXX) gave  promotional interviews. He appeared in two dramas, Tunnel and Perfect Wife.  I translated some parts of what he said about Tunnel.  Hum  a reporter asked whether he would appear again in Tunnel and he said it’s secret.    excellent answer  hehe

“It is hard to act dead.  I thought it would be easy  thinking I only had to lie down.  But it wasn’t like that at all.  I had to hold my breath throughout the acting.  It felt strange to act dead. Also it was strange to look at myself on the monitor.”

http://sports.chosun.com/news/

“From the beginning, I was given some info about the secret of 88KH which help me to play the character.   But I didn’t tell my band members because I had to keep the secret for myself.    However when they kept asking me about it, I gave a different answer.  That way there would be more surprise  haha”   A reporter asked whether he might appear again, he said “It’s going to be secret. Please show interest  continuously.  It will be good.”

http://www.xportsnews.com/jenter/?ac=article

bcZB1r1.jpg

CdVAnpq.jpg

VIXX’s N Admits He Kept A Secret From His Members Regarding His Character In “Tunnel”

VIXX-N-XPN.jpg

VIXX’s N sat down for an interview and shared how it felt to portray such a mysterious character in OCN’s “Tunnel.”

In the drama, N plays the present day Park Gwang Ho, a key character who knows the secret of the 30-year time slip.

“Regardless of my screen time in the drama, I’m just glad that my character is crucial to the storyline,” he shared.

VIXX’s N sat down for an interview and shared how it felt to portray such a mysterious character in OCN’s “Tunnel.”In the drama, N plays the present day Park Gwang Ho, a key character who knows the secret of the 30-year time slip.“Regardless of my screen time in the drama, I’m just glad that my character is crucial to the storyline,” he shared.

more

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/04/vixxs-n-admits-kept-secret-members-regarding-character-tunnel/

51 minutes ago, larus said:

VIXX’s N Admits He Kept A Secret From His Members Regarding His Character In “Tunnel”

VIXX’s N sat down for an interview and shared how it felt to portray such a mysterious character in OCN’s “Tunnel.”

In the drama, N plays the present day Park Gwang Ho, a key character who knows the secret of the 30-year time slip.

“Regardless of my screen time in the drama, I’m just glad that my character is crucial to the storyline,” he shared.

VIXX’s N sat down for an interview and shared how it felt to portray such a mysterious character in OCN’s “Tunnel.”In the drama, N plays the present day Park Gwang Ho, a key character who knows the secret of the 30-year time slip.“Regardless of my screen time in the drama, I’m just glad that my character is crucial to the storyline,” he shared.

more

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/04/vixxs-n-admits-kept-secret-members-regarding-character-tunnel/

Thank you for the V article.  I’m glad to read that 88KH, ‘a key character who knows the secret of the 30-year time slip’.   I thought the writer forgot about it.:)

**YHM is shooting for his part. It could mean, the investigation happens separately in 1986 and 2917 Or KH is back to 2017 Or KSJ is searching for KH in 2017??     

I voted early near the shooting location.  It’s easy to vote. All one needs is a photo ID.  Let’s all vote.

Cancelled for this week ㅠ see you next week~~

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:34 PM, MiAmour said:

Judging on the new appearance of SJY (with long hair), i guess we can picture what will happen:smirk:

Looks like there may be a time jump ? Really hope that KH can come back to the future again . SJY did not have a chance to interact with KW after knowing his identity

Archived