Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Just now, Lmangla said:

@partyon ~ I will try check it out when I have time. Been a while since I saw a good lakorn. Most of the ones I drop within 15 minutes. 

Cool! :gangnamstyle:

I didn't drop it at least yet. I think you can kind of tell what the fundamental issues in their marriage is and what drives him to (in a weak moment - super drunk) cheat on his wife.

Am gonna catch ep 2 today - let's see which direction this drama takes. I will keep you updated, sweetie

:dorakiss:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

+2

On 4/11/2024 at 7:24 PM, partyon said:

Of course Sofia is Bulgaria's capital city!

Both Budapest and Prague are amazing cities! So much to see in them!

What!? I was right, wasn't I? So I did everything perfectly. B)

On 4/11/2024 at 7:24 PM, partyon said:

@sweetroad @MayanEcho @Dhakra @agenth @larus @joccu & everyone else, are you planning to travel this spring or summer? Are you going to go anywhere nice?

I have nothing planned so far, but this can all change in seconds when a Kpop concert I am interested in gets announced. Then I go through the cities and decide, if I'm alone, to just go for the nearest city or want add a little city trip along with it. 

In general I am more of a winter/autumn traveler though. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

8 hours ago, Dhakra said:

What!? I was right, wasn't I? So I did everything perfectly. B)

Of course you did, dongsaeng :dorakiss:

8 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Then I go through the cities and decide, if I'm alone, to just go for the nearest city or want add a little city trip along with it. 

I highly doubt there's gonna be a kpop concert in Sofia, though. :grimace: Did you btw catch The Rose on their tour? Had a lot of friends who went to the concert and they said it was amazing.  @joccu went I think?

Anyone catching Suga's D-Day movie in movie theaters today? It's only screening today on April 13th.

@larus @sweetroad @agenth @joccu @Ameera Ali @Dhakra For us in Europe it's a good way to see the concert. Since he skipped Europe on his "world tour". :unamused: Yeah, I'm still annoyed that he called it a world tour and only focused on North America and Asia.

:kicks:

It's playing in a lot of theaters here in my city today, but I can't go. :bawling: Already have other plans.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wiggle 3

On 4/12/2024 at 1:24 AM, partyon said:

@sweetroad @MayanEcho @Dhakra @agenth @larus @joccu & everyone else, are you planning to travel this spring or summer? Are you going to go anywhere nice?

The long breaks here are in June/December, and not seasons cos there isn’t any to speak of unless we’re talking about the seasonal rainy/not rainy periods :lol:

Taking the Resort Shirakami train is next on our list. It goes from Akita to Aomori in the northern/ northeastern part of Japan in the countryside, just below Hokkaido. it’s just a day but seems fun - should be the highlight of one who likes off the beaten path, non-crowded places.

spacer.png

On 4/12/2024 at 2:33 AM, MayanEcho said:

#perfectattendance

Fantastic! It rubs off on the kids. 

spacer.png
Selamat Hari Raya to those who celebrate! Maaf Zahir Dan Batin! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, rocat said:

Taking the Resort Shirakami train is next on our list. It goes from Akita to Aomori in the northern/ northeastern part of Japan in the countryside, just below Hokkaido. it’s just a day but seems fun - should be the highlight of one who likes off the beaten path, non-crowded places.

Oh, this sounds like a lot of fun, chingu! I've never done this. Actually it's been a super long time since I've been to Japan. Have you traveled in Japan a lot? Any favorite places?

I feel like @sadthe1st and @Thong Thin also have traveled a lot to Japan?

c0a7795ddbea9719b377fa902bcf4088.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

@partyon  I have book only 1 trip. To sweden to see PINK concert.  thinking about going trekking somewhere. but haven´t choosen the place yet. 

that sounds interesting barf lakorn. I´m in. 

Yeah I saw The Rose concert. they were amazing. 😍

@Lmangla  thanks. I will check it out. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

11 minutes ago, joccu said:

thinking about going trekking somewhere. but haven´t choosen the place yet. 

Ooh nice! How about the Balkan countries or Bulgaria? Have done hiking in both Montenegro and Serbia - I really liked it and can recommend it. They have some amazing national parks there. :love:

Am gonna do some trekking in Bulgaria this summer - bought flight tickets already.

Falling Down Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

@Lmangla @joccu @rocher22 @LeftCoastOppa Started on ep 2 and look what the cat dragged in.... A cheating husband after a night of passion with a random lady he met in a bar who TOTALLY targeted him when she heard he's married (because that's what she likes doing best - breaking up marriages).

He was drunk as a skunk after a serious fight with his wife the night before and his wife has been a total hag anyway in the marriage, so I can see why he was so upset and felt vulnerable. And gave in in a moment of weakness. Because he must be feeling like a total doormat and not appreciated nor loved the way his wife is going at him.

In any case, Alek's acting when he meets his family in the morning is wow! You can totally see his emotions of confusion, regret, shame. He's such a great actor.

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

@joccu @Lmangla have plans now, so can't watch the rest of ep 2. Will catch it tonight though. You can find where to watch it by checking out the comments on MDL. Here's a hint of which site carries the subbed episodes:

Milky Way Art GIF by xponentialdesign

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 1

@partyon  I have been in serbia. beautiful country. never been in Montenegro.   I was maybe thinking  checkin Croatia. Never been there. Although Bulgaria also feel compelling. 

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

54 minutes ago, partyon said:

Have you traveled in Japan a lot? Any favorite places?

It’s not too far from here and so easy to get around so a lot of people I know go to Japan a lot. Most venture to cities and the surrounding places accessible via the fantastic train network - which was what we did at first but turned inconvenient because we wanted to venture further. Driving became  what we did to enable that. And it’s where the magic happened. You travel through towns where people live, eat what they eat, grocery-shop at local markets and drink coffee with the obasans.

One of the most memorable is UNESCO Koyasan in Wakayama. It is a key site of Shingon Buddhism and offers temple stays which is one of the most pleasant experiences I’ve had. The 6am prayers every morning are open to all - amidst the scented smoke and chants in an otherwise silent room, you truly feel the spiritual serenity and calm. Inner peace. Heh. It’s real. There’s a big cemetery there much like the Recoleta in Buenos Aires that feels …sacred. 

I think you can hike up there too. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Wiggle 2

4 hours ago, rocat said:

That trip looks like it would be fun! 

The gremlins have traveled more in planes than trains, so this kind of trip would be a great experience. 

×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×

Aw, how nice it is that an old college buddy's research collab is published in The Lancet!  🤩

×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×

coffee-caramel-milkshakes1.jpg

ctto

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Aw, how nice it is that an old college buddy's research collab is published in The Lancet!

High impact factor journal! 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 4

+2

8 hours ago, partyon said:

I highly doubt there's gonna be a kpop concert in Sofia, though. :grimace: Did you btw catch The Rose on their tour? Had a lot of friends who went to the concert and they said it was amazing.  @joccu went I think?

No, never. Southeastern Europe rarely has any Kpop concerts. I didn't catch the Rose, you will never see me at a concert of any boygroup or boyband either. I stick to my girls. Also, the bigger the arena or venue, the less likely I will go too. I am not a big fan of big stadiums or crowds, it just doesn't feel the same if the artists are miles away from you. I need my cozy  ~ 100-200 performances in smaller venues or clubs where after half a day you know half of the people who went there. 

I think IU would be nice to see though, her ticket sales  begin on Monday, but I haven't decided yet if I am fan enough to go there.

8 hours ago, partyon said:

@Dhakra For us in Europe it's a good way to see the concert. Since he skipped Europe on his "world tour". :unamused: Yeah, I'm still annoyed that he called it a world tour and only focused on North America and Asia.

Oh gosh, it really annoys me too everytime. JYP & SM did this for years and years. Especially with TWICE, they always announced a world tour and then it was just the US and Asia. It felt like for most korean Entertainments Europe simply didn't exist. There are tones of memes about this too. 

Spoiler

bcc9a3698d674b1c3028d62036dafb53.jpg

Spoiler

cf0b9c095ed0cd80d2908ffc065dc972.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Blob 1

15 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

I think IU would be nice to see though, her ticket sales  begin on Monday, but I haven't decided yet if I am fan enough to go there.

I didn't even realize she was coming to Europe.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Not interested anyway.

16 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

Oh gosh, it really annoys me too everytime. JYP & SM did this for years and years. Especially with TWICE, they always announced a world tour and then it was just the US and Asia. It felt like for most korean Entertainments Europe simply didn't exist. There are tones of memes about this too. 

It's seriously so annoying. BTS better book some venues in Europe when they finally reunite and go on a world tour. Which will probably be in 2027.

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

@larus Was able to catch Yoongi's concert at the movie theater today anyway. With some rearrangements I was able to make it. I actually enjoyed quite a bit. He has so much energy and passion! I'd love to see him live one day.

:fullofhearts:

7 hours ago, rocat said:

One of the most memorable is UNESCO Koyasan in Wakayama. It is a key site of Shingon Buddhism and offers temple stays which is one of the most pleasant experiences I’ve had. The 6am prayers every morning are open to all - amidst the scented smoke and chants in an otherwise silent room, you truly feel the spiritual serenity and calm. Inner peace. Heh. It’s real. There’s a big cemetery there much like the Recoleta in Buenos Aires that feels …sacred. 

Omo! This sounds so interesting! I have always wanted to do a temple stay.

Did they serve only vegetarian food?

@Lmangla @joccu @LeftCoastOppa Finished ep 3.

Season 6 Leslie GIF by Parks and Recreation

Let's just say that the couple's marriage is very dysfunctional, but I notice myself rooting more for the husband. Despite him cheating on his wife once. She's a smart cookie, and she'll find out soon her hubby has cheated on her.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

32 minutes ago, partyon said:

Did they serve only vegetarian food?

Yup, but fear not, my veggie-picky hubby didn’t even know he was eating ALL vegetables. The food is prepared in the traditional way in lacquered boxes and pretty ceramic plates - it’s glorious. 

The temple we stayed had a tunnel leading to the onsen baths - very convenient to get to in just the yukata and slippers, especially in winter.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3