Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Dramas that premiere soon. I hope they aren't draggy....  

9 members have voted

1. 1. I am planning to watch (choose as many as you like)

• Dare to Love Me with L oppa. Aspiring webtoon writer in a noona romance (anyone is a noona now; she's only 2 years older than him, peeps).... (May 13)
    • The Brave Yong Soo Jung with Uhm Hyun Kyung unnie. Free spirited lady who is shy is secretly in love with a chaebol. But she meets the poor ML who is unknowingly also a chaebol. (May 6)
    • Bittersweet Hell with Kim Hee Sun unnie. Best psychological counselor and her MIL face each other's secrets due to their husband and son. Ready for showtime! (May 24)
    • Not Strong But Attractive Homicide Squad with unknown people - not even 4evrkdrama's oppas. A comedy crime investigation drama featuring people with few muscles. (May 22)
    • Connection with Ji Sung oppa. A crime investigation thriller depicting the distorted friendship of friends while tracking the death of a high school friend who died leaving behind 5 billion won in insurance money. Sounds intensive.(May 24)
    • The Midnight Romance with Wi Ha Joon oppa. Featuring abs. Who cares about the plot? (May 11)
    • Frankly Speaking with Go Kyung Po oppa. Crazy comedy. Probably only agenth, sweetroad and partyon who like this type of humor. (May 1)
    • The Atypical Family with no one's oppa Jang Ki Yong. He has a bad haircut. (May 4)
    • Crash with Heo Sung Tae who always plays an evil baddie. Looks like he might play a good guy for once. (May 13)
    • Begins Youth with Seo Ji Hoon oppa. Losely based on BTS's journey to success. (April 30)
    • Uncle Samsik. The plot sounds boring. Not gonna lie. (May 15)
    • The 8 Show with the guy who was just in a scandal. You know, Ms. Koko's oppa. Yes, that one. (May 17)
    • I've given up on kdramas
    • Something else. What?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/2024 at 02:00 PM

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

Color grading is outstanding! I mean, the videos look totally cinematic. Just feel proud to be a Sri Lankan that the beauty of my motherland is featured in foreign countries

The final edits of the TVC should be first-rate if they shot in another country and even chartered a train for filming. 😅 Jokes aside, Kirin pulled all stops to have Meme back as endorser for another successful tea beverage campaign.

÷×=×÷××÷×=×÷

If the Hans were competitive, Abe is also a league of his own when it comes to winning. 

Throwback to the kiddo Raul 11 years ago. 😆

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

keekeke.... we are having overdose of sunshine. :lol: 

I went out for a few hours, came back home and took another shower. so hoooooooottttttt and hummmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiddddd!!!!!

Haha, poor thing! After months and months of rain, we finally have had one (ONE!!) week of sunshine and we are all loving it. Not too hot and humid yet....but that will come.

Heat and humidity give me migraines the older I get, so I much prefer this weather, though it's not quite beach weather yet. Guess there are tradeoffs. :)

Not liking all the bugs that are starting to come out, though. I really could do without bugs in life. Have you all heard about the double brood of cicadas waiting to hatch this year??

"In the wake of North America’s recent solar eclipse, another historic natural event is on the horizon. From late April through June 2024, the largest brood of 13-year cicadas, known as Brood XIX, will co-emerge with a midwestern brood of 17-year cicadas, Brood XIII.

This event will affect 17 states, from Maryland west to Iowa and south into Arkansas, Alabama and northern Georgia, the Carolinas, Virginia and Maryland. A co-emergence like this of two specific broods with different life cycles happens only once every 221 years. The last time these two groups emerged together was in 1803, when Thomas Jefferson was president."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/billions-cicadas-emerge-underground-rare-083311100.html

jim carrey ew GIF

• Shocked 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 4

Hang Over Cameron Diaz GIF

@4evrkdrama @rocat @larusAm watching the first episode of Lovely Runner now. The height difference between the leads...

preview-lovely-runner-episode-2.jpg&f=1&

:omg:

Are there no tall actresses in Korea anymore?

Also, are these two going to play high-school students for how many episodes? Honestly, both of them look too old for it.

Thirdly, I just can't with romcoms and this one feels super "romcomy". :grimace:

Wanna bet he was in the same accident with her or was somehow responsible for her accident? Am gonna guess that's why he committed suicide after he saw her. "Survivor's guilt" or smth.

Fourth point. Why did she confess: "Sung Jae, I love you" when meeting him again in the pool? Like is she a kid or something? How can she so carelessly say that she loves someone in their face when she doesn't even know him in real life and is only basing her love as a kpop fan? Is she a teenager stuck in a 30-year old woman's body? :unamused: The way she acts, she's so unbelivably immature.

Not sure I'm gonna be able to continue this drama.

@sweetroad you watching this, chingu?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1

Can we please stop having these stupid umbrella scenes in every drama? :kicks:

Lovely Runner ep 1 - TWO umbrella scenes in the first episode. Like literally?!?!?!? Do these writers have no original ideas anymore?

Lovely-Runner-Episode-3-2.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Lovely-Runner.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=0c8253a

This drama is getting on my nerves. :kitty:

@joccu @Lmangla you will hate this drama. Ms. Koko @kokodus and @Ameera Aliwould love it though. @kingpin and @sadthe1st too probably.

@MayanEcho would watch this drama in secret and not tell anyone (because it's a kdrama) just because she will probably find the ML handsome. And I agree, he is a very handsome and tall 32-year old man. He was handsome even back when I saw him for the first time in Search WWW.

6a0528a70512482e8b0a406bb71a4f9b.jpg

I would literally pay money to see @4evrkdrama and @MayanEcho get into an oppa battle/fight over this man.

:loolz:

- no number -

• LOL 6
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

@Lmangla sweetie, I might have found a new TSTL (Too Stupid to Live) character. This girl in Lovely Runner seriously.

:smashes:

She seems to be stuck in a 15 year old girl's mental age despite being a 30 year old. Everything she does just makes me facepalm.

Am not sure if I'm too old for this or I'm watching Hannah Montana.

b31d8ad7d66b04ebff0f0aa29fc1e32a.gif

@4evrkdrama you sure you want me to continue watching this drama, dongsaeng?

- no number -

EDIT: Am on ep 2 now and :yaaa:

I wanna throw my laptop out of my window. :rage: :rage: :rage: This lady is so annoying!

Frustrated Power Rangers GIF by MOODMAN

2nd ML appeared now, though, and am gonna give this drama one last chance - just for him. Maybe he has more personality than a wet noodle. We can only hope :unamused:

Song_Geon-Hee-1997-p1.jpg

• LOL 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

would watch this drama in secret and not tell anyone (because it's a kdrama) just because she will probably find the ML handsome. And I agree, he is a very handsome and tall 32-year old man. He was handsome even back when I saw him for the first time in Search WWW.

:joy:

I don't find him handsome, and he has no appeal. Something about the shape and size of his eyes and cheekbones that I don't like. 

I would literally pay money to see @4evrkdrama and @MayanEcho get into an oppa battle/fight over this man.

Nah, that won't happen, @4evrkdrama is more than welcome to be googly-eyed with anyone I find attractive. 😉 

+×÷+×÷+×÷+×÷+

@CarolynH @kingpin @rocher22 In a recent radio talk show with groupmate Koji, Meme gave hints that what Haru did when he disappeared in TG1 will have significant bearing to the upcoming TG movie next year.

×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×

Dish.jpg.optimal.jpg

ctto

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

17 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I don't find him handsome, and he has no appeal. Something about the shape and size of his eyes and cheekbones that I don't like. 

He is perfect as a model, but I don't find him charismatic as an actor. He's not a bad actor at all, but he lacks some kind of onscreen charisma which would make me fangirl him. He suited a pyschopathic killer role in Strong Girl Namsoon perfectly because he has a very cold aura about him onscreen.

2fc4b9783887e1e418433eb8360a44c21a9293e3

fb0780ee08e457fbc67d6a327fe662571b068fcd

Yeah, @4evrkdrama can keep this dude for herself.

Am just not sold on this drama. At all. If no one has noticed. :joy:

Have been watching ep 2 for about 2 hours and I'm not even halfway :crybaby:

324 C

• LOL 7
  • Blob 1

51 minutes ago, partyon said:

He suited a pyschopathic killer role in Strong Girl Namsoon perfectly because he has a very cold aura about him onscreen.

He does have a RBF. He might make waves as antagonist or villain if the plot is right and if he can actually act.

After a quick look of his pics online - he needs to learn eye speak. His eyes look the same whether he's mad or smiling.

+÷+÷+÷+÷+÷+÷+

And... the gremlins' remote learning continues for two more days. Most areas are clear, but there are still places still flooded.

I shopped with them last night cos they've outgrown their PE sneakers. Scored a good, more than 50% off for their pairs... also sandals that are 80% off. 🙂

middle-eastern-spatchcocked-roast-chicke

ctto

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 1

27 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

He does have a RBF. He might make waves as antagonist or villain if the plot is right and if he can actually act.

After a quick look of his pics online - he needs to learn eye speak. His eyes look the same whether he's mad or smiling.

His acting is better. He knows the basics of emoting, so he's better than the cardboard oppas out there. But nah, he isn't rocking my boat.

Good news @4evrkdrama dongsaeng, I completed the first 4 episodes.

Ep 3 - I completed in 1 minute 10 seconds

Ep 4 - I completed in 45 minutes while doing laundry and cooking - I paid attention to the episode for about 3 minutes

Can I drop it now? Please?

Season 12 Please GIF by PBS

• LOL 7
  • Blob 1

@joccu The screenwriter is the same who wrote True Beauty. And I feel like the setup is very similar to True Beauty. A naive girl who falls in love with the tsundere ML. The bad boy 2nd ML with more charisma than the ML also pursues her.

This time around there seems to be a bit more plot (she had amnesia after some kind of accident and lost her ability to walk - accident was caused somehow by ML - and she forgot all about him even though they had probably been in love or something - the he dies in the current timeline (either suicide or murder) - and she ends up going back to high school - unkowingly about to change the timeline).

But still. It reeks of True Beauty.

True Beauty Fool GIF

If I continue watching this, I'll probably fall for the 2nd ML anyway.

Btw, seems that you dropped Hide?

@larus @4evrkdrama Such a cute gif! :loveu:

2c0e5dad33f5ceac22a7bec3286f6a1922b32d13

ctto

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, partyon said:

@4evrkdrama @rocat @larusAm watching the first episode of Lovely Runner now. The height difference between the leads...

suited a pyschopathic killer role in Strong Girl Namsoon perfectly because he has a very cold aura about him onscreen

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

e does have a RBF. He might make waves as antagonist or villain if the plot is right and if he can actually act

agree!

He is really quite tall but I didn’t know he is/was a model. I find him charismatic and I can see him doing good with modeling with the cheekbones and that natural smirk.  He does have a RBF (lolz, poor fella being called this), so he makes a fantastic villain!

2 hours ago, partyon said:

sweetie, I might have found a new TSTL (Too Stupid to Live) character. This girl in

Lovely Runner seriously

She is naive, harebrained and has terrible situational awareness. At 30. That’s kinda sad but she’s also sweet, optimistic, supportive and kinda annoyingly omnipresent that I want to hold judgement on her being foolish.  

3 hours ago, partyon said:

would literally pay money to see @4evrkdrama and @MayanEcho get into an oppa battle/fight over this man

Me too but @MayanEcho said no.
I was reaching for popcorn…

2 hours ago, partyon said:

. At all. If no one has noticed. :joy:

Yup. We know. Kekeke

• LOL 4
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, partyon said:

Are there no tall actresses in Korea anymore?

This actress always ends up with tall guys :wub:

Rowon 

Lee Jae wook (My Oppa)

Taecyeon

I find it cute though :please:

Also, are these two going to play high-school students for how many episodes? Honestly, both of them look too old for it.

:loolz: this is why i love to have u as my watch buddy Eonni , u say things straightforward but without us feeling offensive.

Guess they will highschool students until ep 8 or so

Thirdly, I just can't with romcoms and this one feels super "romcomy". :grimace:

We have got a 180 degree difference in drama taste eonni,

I love "some" rom-coms,

My fav. are

Another Oh Hae Young

fight for my way

Pinocchio

Weightlifting fairy kim bok joo

Rom-com (depends on my mood), slice of life are my fav. Genre 

Then crime - thriller 

Melodrama

Guess sis @larus and me have somehow same taste somewhere in kdramas.

I just cant stand cheating dramas,

Recent one being - Hide

I wanna punch the male lead in hide !

Whats wrong with him ?

Somebody just get that man killed plz

Fourth point. Why did she confess: "Sung Jae, I love you" when meeting him again in the pool? Like is she a kid or something? How can she so carelessly say that she loves someone in their face when she doesn't even know him in real life and is only basing her love as a kpop fan? Is she a teenager stuck in a 30-year old woman's body? :unamused: The way she acts, she's so unbelivably immature.

She is too much of fangirl you know !

But like you said 

its too over the top for a 34 year old ,

But still am enjoying it, 

Loving the chemistry btwn the leads  

Not sure I'm gonna be able to continue this drama.

Awww, its okay Eonni, thanks for hanging until 4 eps for this dongsaeng 

:dontwanna:

52 minutes ago, partyon said:

@larus @4evrkdrama Such a cute gif! 

Why am I seeing only my yoongi over here !

He is such a cutie pie 

tumblr_inline_phuimcje4d1rakoy4_540.gifv

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2

16 minutes ago, rocat said:

He does have a RBF (lolz, poor fella being called this), so he makes a fantastic villain!

You know, I don't mind RBFs. Some EOs would say that Yoongi has an RBF.

33346447629402eaf64bb41550ccfee185adf1c2

I say they're wrong :rage:

1590140287-23566e71-07d1-4d92-af4f-9f5bf

21 minutes ago, rocat said:

Me too but @MayanEcho said no.
I was reaching for popcorn…

You know, I've known @MayanEcho chingu for quite a few years now. I've long suspected that she's not always being fully truthful about her non-existent "oppa confessions". She says she has no oppas, but then still acts like a fangirl on this thread. And despite not having any Korean oppas, I know she secretly likes some of them.

I guess our chingu is too shy to publicly confess? :dorakiss:

18 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

this is why i love to have u as my watch buddy Eonni , u say things straightforward but without us feeling offensive.

LOL - Am glad that you guys don't get offended :D

19 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Rom-com (depends on my mood), slice of life are my fav. Genre 

I absolutely HATE slice of life dramas. Hospital Playlist especially :smashes:

20 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Recent one being - Hide

I wanna punch the male lead in hide !

Whats wrong with him ?

Somebody just get that man killed plz

Yeah, he's pretty vile. We are discussing him on the Hide thread right now. Am sure he's gonna get killed by the end of this drama.

My favorite genres are (in descending order):

1) Thrillers (psychological thrillers)

2) Cheating dramas

3) Comedies

4) A really well made melodrama

5) Older romcoms

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

18 minutes ago, partyon said:

say they're wrong :rage:

Gangsta? Kekeke

20 minutes ago, partyon said:

know, I've known @MayanEcho chingu for quite a few years now. I've long suspected that she's not always being fully truthful about her non-existent "oppa confessions". She says she has no oppas, but then still acts like a fangirl on this thread. And despite not having any Korean oppas, I know she secretly likes some of them

Perhaps she’ll find her one true senpai in Meme. Evidence is everywhere. Muahahaha.

• LOL 4