I almost had a heart attack when I read the headline

Silly headline that feeds into what all of ARMY was protesting. :(

If the USA is ever allowed on Eurovision, I've found a likely contender:

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

43 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

If the USA is ever allowed on Eurovision, I've found a likely contender:

Isn't this a cheap copycat of the original though? :D  Love how the transcript of the song even has "epic sax solo" mentioned - LMAO

Moldova always has the best songs. :D One of the few European countries I haven't visited, but on my bucket list just because of Eurovision - lol

Who still remembers this song?

You and @agenth were big fans of the tassels. LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

@partyon  @sweetroad @larus glad that 3 add team chingus present today

happy birthday pineapple GIF by joanramone

Macarons of raspberry chocolate, s'mores, and matcha; with cappuccino

Macarons and CappuccinoToday, went for macarons of raspberry chocolate, s’mores, and matcha. All sweet and crispy. Soft when take a bite. Good to have once in a while. The cappuccino is authentic with heavy caffeine in small ounce. Happy Big Eyes GIF by Rosanna Pansino

======

Spoiler

-----

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/133828/20240403/lee-min-ho-most-loved-actor-2024-overseas-korean-wave-survey.htm

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2

Happy Days Smile GIF by Yeremia Adicipta

7 hours ago, partyon said:

@kingpin @larus @4evrkdrama @sweetroad Let's focus on Yoongles instead. 😘

cto

another your oppa level?#queen of tears from Love yourself.

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Sou Sakura and Aoba Tsumugi for Fendi "Peekaboo" spring/summer 2024 campaign. 😍

:allgoodlol:

6 hours ago, larus said:

Yeah... He is so cute when he smiles. 😍

:approves:

-----

4f6916b85073061e5e7d7d4e6df4a193db4acb52.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The parents and other rels flew to SG earlier. 🙂

Ya! Not laksa 🤮

It's probably one of the few foods that I can't stand in Singapore. The smell, the taste.... It doesn't matter how many times I've tried the dish, I still just can't.... Sorry @rocat @sadthe1st :bawling:

The only version I've been able to get down is the one served in the Intercontinental Singapore hotel. Didn't like it though. While transiting Singapore last month I actually left a whole bowl of laksa untouched in the airport lounge after one bite. The chef looked mortified and asked if there was something wrong with the dish. It was so awkward.

Awkward Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

I just told her that I struggle to get used to laksa, but she still looked so hurt. Aigoo...

:crybaby:

Nah, I'll stick to Chicken Rice instead.

loy-kee-chicken-rice-image-from-timeout-

2 hours ago, larus said:

Yeah... He is so cute when he smiles. 😍

a94549a2b118fa80903865ccb364266e11c09093

978 C

1 hour ago, kingpin said:

another your oppa level?

Kwakkie's not my oppa, he's my boy. I have motherly feelings for him - maybe because I've followed his career since he was a teenager. I think he was 16 when I saw him for the first time.

Wondering how many ahjummas on this thread could technically be his mom?

:loolz:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, kingpin said:

Unnie you have to edited your number we the same add no.and also @Ernie

Oops, edited. I went off to post in the Queen of Tears thread and forgot to fix the math.

13 minutes ago, kingpin said:

Looks good!

What is the second pic? Crêpes with salmon fish roe / caviar and smoked salmon? Would probably be nice with a dollop of sour cream or crème fraîche as well and maybe some fresh dill? I feel like I've tried it when traveling to certain European countries?

homemade-pancakes-with-red-caviar-sour-c

Talking about crêpes and pancakes, there is a huge variety of them even within Europe. I feel like every European country has their own version of them. I love ordering them for breakfast when traveling - just so I can try them all. 

qegnb9aaq9r71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I've definitely not tried all of them yet

Which is your favorite kind?

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, partyon said:

What is the second pic? Crêpes with salmon fish roe / caviar and smoked salmon? Would probably be nice with a dollop of sour cream or crème fraîche as well and maybe some fresh dill? I feel like I've tried it when traveling to certain European countries?

happy anna kendrick GIF

Which is your favorite kind?

I stick to simple crepes apple cinnamon and also liked pancakes ,sometimes croissant

Croissant breakfast sandwiches

=====

ZHAO LUSI Madame Figaro China 2024Barbie Movie Love GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

a6f1696931f58d6a288e9911ac0eb7dcd333b34a.png

Spoiler

imageimageimageimageimage
imageimage

c as tagged

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Ya! Not laksa 🤮

It's probably one of the few foods that I can't stand in Singapore. The smell, the taste.... It doesn't matter how many times I've tried the dish, I still just can't.... Sorry

😅

No worries over that, the parents and rels are very adventurous when it comes to food 😆 Laksa will be nothing to them. They won't like anything raw though, but otherwise they'd be fine with almost anything.

Chicken-Satay-R2-2.jpg

ctto

What are the food you won't be or avoid eating? Anything with pork would be a no-no for me, and all other non-halal foods. Uhm, I do avoid escargot and quail meat, something about the texture and the smell. 

• Wiggle 3
  • Blob 3

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

No worries over that, the parents and rels are very adventurous when it comes to food 😆 Laksa will be nothing to them. They won't like anything raw though, but otherwise they'd be fine with almost anything.

Chingu, are you telling me they don't like salad? :scream:

Garden-Salad_47-SQ.jpg

Or sushi? :scream:

5488cf81-3383-4c50-a0b2-f3fabbf2ac55?fit

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

• LOL 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

Chingu, are you telling me they don't like salad? :scream:

Salad would be fine, they are fans of barely cooked veggies TBH. 

Sushi will be fine with Dad, but maybe not with Mum. I haven't really seen her eat one, LOL! But they occasionally eat raw fish and seafood, however they prepared it themselves.

Greek-chicken-salad-recipe-6.jpg

ctto

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

28 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Sushi will be fine with Dad, but maybe not with Mum. I haven't really seen her eat one, LOL! But they occasionally eat raw fish and seafood, however they prepared it themselves.

Am sure they will enjoy the food in SG. Minus the laksa maybe :D

I eat most foods, but when I'm traveling I do tend to be quite careful as my stomach gets easily upset. I will only eat fresh food like salads and sushi in specific countries (e.g. here in Western Europe, also in Australia, NZ, Canada, Singapore, Japan etc.) I am prepared to eat salads in 5 star hotels or restaurants in some other countries too (e.g. Eastern Europe, South America, parts of Asia), but will stay away from it 100% in developing countries that have very strong bacteria.

Sometimes I still can't manage to keep healthy despite taking every precaution. :crybaby:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

I eat most foods, but when I'm traveling I do tend to be quite careful as my stomach gets easily upset. I will only eat fresh food like salads and sushi in specific countries (e.g. here in Western Europe, also in Australia, NZ, Canada, Singapore, Japan etc.) I am prepared to eat salads in 5 star hotels or restaurants in some other countries too (e.g. Eastern Europe, South America, parts of Asia), but will stay away from it 100% in developing countries that have very strong bacteria.

Sometimes I still can't manage to keep healthy despite taking every precaution

My rule when travelling is to eat only thoroughly cooked items, and would avoid salads in general. I'd only drink bottled water or sealed beverages only as much as possible, and if I'm still not sure with the food in the area, I'd have my meals from known fast food chains. 

Have you vaccinated against typhoid, or cholera, since you travel a lot? I once had a bout with typhoid due to work travel, and gosh, never again would I want to have it again!

• Shocked 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, partyon said:

The smell, the taste.... It doesn't matter how many times I've tried the dish, I still just can't.... Sorry

have you tried the laksa in malaysia?

it's a different version using assam

i don't eat laksa cos of seafood lol but no loss, cos there's plenty of other food to eat!

Black-Carrot-Cake-Recipe.jpg?resize=1024

cr.: owner

+2

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 4

20 hours ago, partyon said:

Sometimes I still can't manage to keep healthy despite taking every precaution.

During the whirlwind travel a couple weeks ago I came down with food poisoning our first stop and had it all through our relative's wedding. It was not good!! Nothing like dressing up all pretty and wearing makeup for the first time in ages, and having a churning tummy and NOT being able to eat the good wedding food. :dead:

All good now, though.

17 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I once had a bout with typhoid due to work travel, and gosh, never again would I want to have it again!

Omo! Sounds terrible!

• Shocked 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2