Add and Subtract Game

Admin

7 minutes ago, joccu said:

oh. That lakorn actually sounds interesting. 

Will let you know if I see subs for it. It's a 27 episode drama. It also seems to have some supernatural elements and a lot of barf characters :D

EDIT: Oh, apparently Golf is playing the gay hubby's lover. :scream:

WX0qD_3f.jpg

So am guessing he wants to get rid of the FL. Why is Golf always playing evil characters?

:crybaby:

• Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

@joccu This also looks like an interesting drama:

It's a Taiwanese drama that premiered today (am waiting for the subs; will only be 8 episodes). Synopsis:

The story begins with an outfit clash. Two women who were born on the same month and the same day not only fell in love with the same man but also often bought the same clothes. They were rivals in love when they were young, and for 10 years, they have been using clues on Facebook to fantasize about each other's better life and feel jealous. Unexpectedly, they meet again.

Apparently this is partially a mystery drama as well. And the cast is stellar: Tiffany Hsu and Ariel Lin star as the FLs.

x4Xx13_3f.jpg

x4mNDX_4f.jpg

Will be available on Viu.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

Morning sweeties! :dorakiss:

Do you guys like noona romances?

I was just thinking about which dramas had couples with "amazing chemistry" and where the couple had very large age gaps.

Secret Love Affair - 20 years

65e5dc70271ace40a7c41bfc3b4857a7.jpg

Witch's Romance - 20 years

tumblr_n2mkv6Dwvv1rimmx0o3_250.gif

(Park Seo Joon and Uhm Jung Hwa had some great makeout scenes)

Hyena, K2, I Hear Your Voice, Tomorrow, Search WWW, Romance is a Bonus Book, When the Camellia Blooms, etc had noona romances with 10+ years age gaps and some explosive chemistry. :wub: I've noticed that some actors / actresses consistently have better chemistry with someone who is older / younger than them.

Which dramas had good noona romances in your opinion?

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, partyon said:

I was just thinking about which dramas had couples with "amazing chemistry" and where the couple had very large age gaps.

Depends on the story. I don't think there would be many dramas of that dynamic? I'd feel bad watching though if the elder ML or FL isn't acting well. 😅

@rocher22 It's the first time I've seen a full footage for Takizawa Kabuki's Fukkin Daiko portion posted online, and this one was done live while many of their senpais and the previous Johnny's (now Starto/Smile Up!) bigwigs were watching. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5a6TjyyngX/?igsh=NjE0aG1zMWI5ZG9l

×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×

Beef-Bean-and-Soba-Bowls.jpg

ctto

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

@MayanEcho @joccu Look forward to an event about noona romances soon. :D

Been working on it for 7-8 hours today.

tumblr_inline_pminjxSCk81qb9vm6_400.gifv

Witch's Romance

tumblr_p8bqe1z9Pr1rx0r81o2_400.gif

Something in the Rain

king-of-highschool-kiss.gif

High School King of Savvy

Ep 6 of Hide was soooooooo good!

:highonflowers:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

@rocher22 It's the first time I've seen a full footage for Takizawa Kabuki's Fukkin Daiko portion posted online, and this one was done live while many of their senpais and the previous Johnny's (now Starto/Smile Up!) bigwigs were watching. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5a6TjyyngX/?igsh=NjE0aG1zMWI5ZG9l

that was spectacular...Hikaru looked strong and focused...💙

leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcdOBgAhuqVQpjb7MOQ5R

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEGpTBtkmcqf9qHqmxumF

10 hours ago, partyon said:

I dont like noona romance  but I watched some dramas because the couples had a good chemistry.

The K2 , Sunshine By My Side and now Im shipping the FL and the motorcycle guy from Hide. :D

E5PXoW_3m.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

5 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

The K2 , Sunshine By My Side and now Im shipping the FL and the motorcycle guy from Hide. :D

Wait a second, are you also watching Hide? :D

Everyone on the drama thread is fangirling the motorcycle guy playing Do Jin Woo. He's only 24 IRL and she's 20 years older. Oops. LBY does have good chemistry with younger guys though.

I still think they should give them a love line - especially after the big reveal in ep 6.

650cf2c0-856a-46e7-979b-5d21246626f5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

On 4/7/2024 at 12:08 PM, partyon said:

no. I actively avoid noona romance if it is a short series. these are the main tropes I have seen and they annoy me so much....

#1 -- the lady is super immature twat who hasn't got her life together. so she goes for a younger guy because her peers aren't interested. she then gets frustrated that he is not mature till she realizes that she isn't any better. 

#2 -- the pseudo mom. he is supposed to be more mature for his age but really he is more like a kid. and she moves into mothering type role. yea, that sounds really romantic. face palm

#3 -- the lady is domineering personality and therefore no one wants to be around her except the jolly immature kid.

essentially the lady is a loser and she comes down to younger guy because she can't do better -- that is the implied message

the only sensible noona romances I can think were in the weekend dramas where they were one of the couples. one had happy ending and other realistic ending

#1 -- guy is his in 30s and she is in her 40s. his father owns the publishing company and guy is the lazy entitled son who doesn't have his life together. the lady is one of the top execs in the company and he has always known her. they have a drunken one night stand where she gets pregnant. she decides to keep the baby because this is her only chance of children and shows up unannounced at his house. the father has enough of the son's shenanigans and makes him into the housekeeper and cook to learn responsibilities. initially he is awful but eventually he starts to take pride. in the end, he realizes that he is just not cut out for corporate life and he is more happy to take a backseat to his wife who is ready to lead the company. while it was a 10 year age gap, the personalities meshed. so their pairing made sense. 

#2 -- guy is mid-20s and she is in her 40s. she is coming out of a divorce and is technically related to him through marriage of one of his brothers. the relationship would be something like aunt. so the family all have meltdowns when they find out these two are attracted to each other and kind of started dating. there is the age gap as well as the family relation. in the end, they break up not because of the opposition but because they realize that they are at different stages of life and they can't break that gap. he is trying to figure out his life and career while she is looking at middle age and what she would like to accomplish by herself. so that realization makes them say a mature goodbye and they leave it at that. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Cruising by to say Hello !

Dogs Hello GIF by Williams Syndrome Association

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

no. I actively avoid noona romance if it is a short series. these are the main tropes I have seen and they annoy me so much....

This is one long analysis on noona romances, sweetie! :D Please visit the Noona Romance event thread that is going to appear soon on the forum and post the same thing there. :D

#1 -- the lady is super immature twat who hasn't got her life together. so she goes for a younger guy because her peers aren't interested. she then gets frustrated that he is not mature till she realizes that she isn't any better. 

Alright, which dramas had this type of FL? My Name Is Kim Sam Soon?

#2 -- the pseudo mom. he is supposed to be more mature for his age but really he is more like a kid. and she moves into mothering type role. yea, that sounds really romantic. face palm

Oh! My Lady?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

#3 -- the lady is domineering personality and therefore no one wants to be around her except the jolly immature kid.

I Do, I Do?

the only sensible noona romances I can think were in the weekend dramas where they were one of the couples. one had happy ending and other realistic ending

But sweeetieeeee, there were noona romances in other than weekend dramas that were pretty sensible as well. Let me list them here:

Secret Love Affair - kid is pretty smart for his age, and she is married and can't help her feelings

Witch's Romance - kid was all the time the more mature of them two

Started watching Dal Ja's Spring from 2007 yesterday, and I have to say that the main couple so far are pretty much equally mature and equally immature. I actually like Dal Ja's character because she communicates very openly with him about everything and doesn't assume things and make them bigger than they are.

After 3 episodes I have to say that I am actually surprised at how interesting the characters, the dynamics and the plot line is. This is the type of drama that kdramas were back in the day. They have totally lost the mojo they used to have.

revisit_dalja3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=ef2531

I also miss Chae Rim. She is a nice actress. Young Lee Min Ki looks so cute. lol

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

EVENT: Noona Romances with the BEST Chemistry

NR_6.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=1f96a09915e084d3

Noona romances - love them or hate them - do let us know which couples with an age gap had the best chemistry. :glasses:

Your Event Organizers

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1