Add and Subtract Game

Admin

5 hours ago, sweetroad said:

Omo! Sounds terrible!

It was! I had up and down fever for 4 days, to the point that I was crawling because of nausea. I was sent to the hospital and stayed a couple days. And then for more than a week I had to take 3 different kinds of antibiotics every 4, 8, 12 hrs. I wasn't  really able to rest at all all those days until I finished the treatment!

@partyon I effin got the infection from the tap water that I was using for washing hands and brushing my teeth. 😣

The splitting headaches accompanying the cycle of up and down fevers were bad enough, and I also had loose stool. By 4th day my watery stool changed colour to similar to that of dried blood, which could have meant there was internal bleeding. That's when I was tested and confined.

It's been years but I only had a flare up once and luckily I didn't need confinement though I had drips for half a day.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 5

13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

It was! I had up and down fever for 4 days, to the point that I was crawling because of nausea. I was sent to the hospital and stayed a couple days. And then for more than a week I had to take 3 different kinds of antibiotics every 4, 8, 12 hrs. I wasn't  really able to rest at all all those days until I finished the treatment!

@partyon I effin got the infection from the tap water that I was using for washing hands and brushing my teeth. 😣

Oh my, that all sounds nasty and like such a long journey. And you also had a flare-up? Man. To think that typhoid used to be even more common. Those poor communities who had it go through them.

My husband's great-grandfather was the only surviving child when Spanish flu raged through his family farm. He lost several siblings. So sad :( . I can't even imagine what his parents went through.

• Sad 4
  • Shocked 2
  • Blob 1

14 hours ago, kingpin said:

i need to go for my Physical exercise bye for👋 now

Chingu, what type of exercise do you do? I also had a gym class this morning. Feeling pooped now.

divorce GIF

Will need a lot of coffee.

14 hours ago, sweetroad said:

It was a chicken and mushroom stew and the chicken looked pink as it was being served, but since it was a restaurant I thought they would've had it come up to standard temperature. Nope :(

Tell me you were in the US without telling me 🤣

Last food poisoning I picked up was from there in January. 😬

14 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Holy smokes! 😱

14 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Seriously GIF by Mike Shinoda

Aigoo... I am glad that I refuse to brush my teeth in tap water when I'm traveling. May I ask you in which country you were traveling when this happened?

I was checking the latest vaccination recommendations, and apparently they're not recommending typhoid vaccination unless you are spending more than a month in the country where it's endemic AND you're not in a city.

Yoongi gummy smiles to cheer up everyone's day :dorakiss:

09861568fddf73d6dbab3d3f2d1125e115678e7e

18 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

My husband's great-grandfather was the only surviving child when Spanish flu raged through his family farm. He lost several siblings. So sad :( . I can't even imagine what his parents went through.

OMG! I've heard stories of this. In my country apparently villages and towns were wiped out by the Spanish flu, killing most children in school classes. Spanish flu was way worse than covid is.

• Sad 4
  • Shocked 2

1 hour ago, sweetroad said:

Oh my, that all sounds nasty and like such a long journey. And you also had a flare-up? Man. To think that typhoid used to be even more common. Those poor communities who had it go through them.

The doc said that usually flare-ups can happen after few months. For me, however, the flare-up was more than 5 years from the first time I had typhoid. Doc said that my resistance was probably lowered enough to have a flare-up as I was previously recovering from mild flu.

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Aigoo... I am glad that I refuse to brush my teeth in tap water when I'm traveling. May I ask you in which country you were traveling when this happened?

A country in S.E.A... was there for a week.

korean-corn-dog-recipe.jpg

ctto

• Sad 5
  • Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

it was a hot hot hot day today.

Is everyone out of energy today? :D

This is me right now:

Hungry Couch Potato GIF

Btw, I tried to watch Ripley on Netflix but gave up after one episode. Not sure why everyone is raving about it. Me:

Over It Wow GIF by The Comeback HBO

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

@partyon

i don’t fancy the regular laksa - not a fan of coconut milk but I do love the other version mentioned by @sadthe1st

assam laksa has lots of veggies but has a strong taste of mackerel/tuna, part tangy part spicy. Think spicy bouillabaisse with noodles and herbs with a dash of Tabasco. If you can take kimchi, this should be okay. 

spacer.png

@partyon @MayanEcho @sweetroad

Getting sick with diseases is terrible much less overseas at work or attending key events or travelling. Some of my friends think I am paranoid about taking precautions and being particular about cleanliness, but it’s better to be safe. 

I always spray the bathroom with alcohol-based sanitizer and hot-water flush the room cups before first use :lol: Hubs think I have borderline OCD. Kekeke.

Do you all have any strange habits while travelling?

• LOL 4
  • Insightful 1

33 minutes ago, rocat said:

assam laksa has lots of veggies but has a strong taste of mackerel/tuna, part tangy part spicy. Think spicy bouillabaisse with noodles and herbs with a dash of Tabasco. If you can take kimchi, this should be okay. 

Chingu, it's the fish sauce taste I can't deal with. It's....

Elmo GIF by Sesame Street

<censored>

I always spray the bathroom with alcohol-based sanitizer and hot-water flush the room cups before first use :lol: Hubs think I have borderline OCD. Kekeke.

Wow! That's dedication!

Then again I don't EVER use a cup, spoon, glass or even an electric kettle in a hotel room. After I found out how people wash their socks and underwear in hotel room electric kettles AND apparently also in Nespresso machines, I was like, nah, not touching one ever again.

:spitswater:

Do you all have any strange habits while travelling?

Not really strange I would say, more like practical. :sweatingbullets:

1) I always check for bed bugs before settling in the room. I always keep my suitcase off the bed and floor - always shut. Just don't want any critters home.

2) Like I said, I never use any glassware or electric kettles in hotel rooms. For longer trips I will actually bring my own mini kettle, tea bags, coffee and mug with me when traveling. :D

3) I always carry a small bottle of hand soap or liquid soap in my purse when traveling in developing countries. It's not a given that a public bathroom will offer soap, and using hand sanitizer is not enough.

4) I never walk barefoot or in socks in hotel rooms. I will always have with me some slippers (since a lot of hotels don't offer them anymore - especially outside of Asia).

5) I never drink nor brush my teeth using tap water from the bathroom ANYWHERE outside of my own home (or relatives' or friends' homes).

6) Hygiene is key when traveling - so wash hands with soap and water often.

Congrats Team Add

Job Thumbs Up GIF

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

15 minutes ago, joccu said:

@partyon  have you watched this? 

No, and not planning to. I just really don't like the theme of the documentary. Did you watch it?

Hide ep 5 was good. Have you watched it yet?

These two characters intrigue me the most.

Hide-Season-1-Episode-1-Recap-And-Ending

Read an article about the original drama that <SPOILER>

Spoiler

The FL has an affair with her client. Pretty sure that a kdrama wouldn't be as bold as to do that, even though I would find it interesting (because I have a feeling her husband is rotten to the core). But I think Lee Bo Young has good chemistry with the younger guy playing Do Jin Woo.

I would ship them!

Btw, read somewhere that this Thai lakorn from 2021 is being subbed at the moment:

https://mydramalist.com/68727-reuan-rom-ngiw

I find the synopsis quite interesting:

A tragic love story unfolds when Malaai agrees to marry the owner of Rom Ngiew House, Luang Wisarn, unaware that he is gay.

vZm6Z_3f.jpg

Apparently it's based on a novel. Golf plays the ML and I'm guessing he might be the brother of the gay guy the FL marries?

Switching to Team Sub.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@partyon  not yet. It is on my watchlist.  The theme is really awful and disturbing.  but still somehow I end up watching also these kind of documentaries. 

oh. That lakorn actually sounds interesting. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 minutes ago, joccu said:

oh. That lakorn actually sounds interesting. 

Will let you know if I see subs for it. It's a 27 episode drama. It also seems to have some supernatural elements and a lot of barf characters :D

EDIT: Oh, apparently Golf is playing the gay hubby's lover. :scream:

WX0qD_3f.jpg

So am guessing he wants to get rid of the FL. Why is Golf always playing evil characters?

:crybaby:

• Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

@joccu This also looks like an interesting drama:

It's a Taiwanese drama that premiered today (am waiting for the subs; will only be 8 episodes). Synopsis:

The story begins with an outfit clash. Two women who were born on the same month and the same day not only fell in love with the same man but also often bought the same clothes. They were rivals in love when they were young, and for 10 years, they have been using clues on Facebook to fantasize about each other's better life and feel jealous. Unexpectedly, they meet again.

Apparently this is partially a mystery drama as well. And the cast is stellar: Tiffany Hsu and Ariel Lin star as the FLs.

x4Xx13_3f.jpg

x4mNDX_4f.jpg

Will be available on Viu.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2