Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@triplem I sense a little bit of unrest in the Hospital playlist thread. Nothing major. I can't believe Dr. Jang is the one who is garnering this much passionate comments. Be it negative or positive. LOL. I have not even seen this actress before but she sure hit jackpot with this drama. 

@mouse007 YESSSSSSS!!!! Don't you just love this drama? At first there were lot of characters to keep track of apart from our Fab five and all are new faces too. But this writer is known for her amazing ensemble cast, so I'm looking forward to get sucked into each of the side character's stories too. Captain Ahn and Doctor Do are my favourites for now. Hehe. 

@Lawyerh Yes please do give this a try you will not be disappointed. 

@Dhakra Hahaha, suddenly we all want to live in Germany. LOL. All we need is competent officials who is capable of making quick and sensible decisions in a pandemic situation like this. Sighhh

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

@kokodus I love the dynamic between the fab five and the story behind how they met was really cute. I am curious to see how each character is going to evolve beyond just the five. I don’t know about you but I’ve cried at almost every episode. It’s the perfect balance of serious, touching and funny. Ugh so many favourite scenes already!

@Lawyerh did you end up watching Koi wa tsuzuku y domo made mo? You should def check out Hospital Playlist. 

• Love 2

@mouse007 I cried during the 3rd ep where Ik jun's liver patient comes back brain dead and the son asks when dad will come out and play with him. It was really heartbreaking. Sigh. Life is unpredictable like that. We are right now living in a situation that no one would've even thought of. Sighhh. Anyways on a lighter note, what do you think about the ships? I pretty much think the lovelines will be linear in this one unlike the reply series. 

While waiting for the new ep, I went on a Jung Kyung ho marathon. Lol. Now I'm watching his very old weekend drama called Smile, you. It was totally crazy at first, I wanted to throw things at my screen in almost every ep. But after 6 eps, I get where they are going. I'm slowly warming up to the characters, let's see....

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

@kokodus me too!! That scene was just so so sad. I actually cried in that scene where Ik-join was having lunch with his son and his son tells him that all he needs is him and that he’s the most important person in his life. Ugh! As a parent myself, that just tore my heart. 

I haven’t had a chance to visit the thread so I’m not sure who is shipping who but I am rooting for Dr. Chae Song-hwa and Dr. Ahn (the military resident). I don’t know how I feel about Dr. Jang and Dr. Ahn Jung-won. I feel like that other doc who is also good with children would be a much better fit for him but we’ll see. 

I wonder if romance will blossom between Joon-wan and Ik-Joon’s sister. 

I also find it comical and strange that Jung-won and his siblings all want to be priests/nuns. Makes you wonder what kind of upbringing they had right?

I also think the show does a pretty good job of making each of the five unique in his/her own way which is why I don’t have a favourite among them. 

• Love 2

@mouse007 Ohhh no doubt that Jun wan and IK sun will start dating. I mean who can resist this face....

4a55217622deac05bbc0bc78abb33d91217ecd91

(Again Gif not mine. Credits to the owner)

Seriously if you haven't watched Prison playbook yet, you should watch it now. Jung Kyung ho has a similar love arc there too, that's why I'm kinda sure that Jun wan and IK sun are endgame. 

Song hwa is so shippable with everyone. LOL. I first shipped her with Jun wan until ik sun came along. Hahaha. She is also my favourite character. Girl crush material. 

Jeong won and the family are indeed very strange. LOL. Coming from a rich family, they are not into material possessions and seeked god. Maybe we will get a backstory of how this happened. 

• Love 2

59 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@triplem I sense a little bit of unrest in the Hospital playlist thread. Nothing major. I can't believe Dr. Jang is the one who is garnering this much passionate comments. Be it negative or positive. LOL. I have not even seen this actress before but she sure hit jackpot with this drama. 

Sorry if I stoked the flame too much.  I am one of the few who don’t like Dr Jang (Maggot).  I can understand why some have no problems with her.  And I get that people want to just watch happily and not get negativity in the thread so I am walking away to let them party without the negative vibe.  And no, I am not upset so don’t worry. :lol:

Sorry in advance to @triplem if I have made your job harder :blink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@nrllee Honestly you have not done anything wrong so I don't know why you are apologizing. It's not like you are attacking anyone personally. You don't like a character in a drama and you are outspoken about it. There is nothing wrong in that. I don't have any problems with Dr. Jang, but I wouldn't defend her with such passion either. I mean she is not even a main character, I don't know why everyone is getting worked up. Lol. . Difference of opinions are common in drama threads. Please keep posting your thoughts

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

why is gossip always entertaining even when you have no idea what these characters are about? :lol:

• LOL 4

@Lmangla Hahaha just difference of opinions. Some people don't like her character, some people love her. And these two groups clash with each other. That's it. She is also the major contender for one of the main lead's heart. She is very blunt and straightforward and shows no compassion to the patients and the main lead is exact opposite of her. He is the most emotional person in the whole drama. And we know how opposites attract each other in kdramas. LOL. So she obviously developed a crush for him but he has not shown any signs of liking her yet. We have to wait and see. 

I'll tell you one example of how uncompassionate she is, one kid is brought in to the ER after a accident, he is in a pretty bad shape and the mother is all worried sick and scared that he will die. When the mother asks her whether the son will survive, she bluntly says that there is no hope and when the mom begs her to do something, she asks the mom whether she has done the CPR on him, if she has done that he would have more chances of staying alive./Facepalm. You see now why many people can't warm up to her? LOL. 

But then when a homeless person with legs full of disgusting maggots was brought in, she is the only one who doesn't feel squeamish and get down to remove the maggots with her own hand. She is indeed rough around the edges, but she will come around for sure. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, angelangie said:

somehow this is the type of doctor that i prefer :D 

Me too. We need this kind of doctors too, right? Somehow I feel assured that these type of doctors won't do any mistakes as they think more rationally. 

• Like 1

@nrllee Awwwww why is he so cute? Oppa sure can't survive in my neighbourhood. We have lots of pigeons and crows here. Hehe. I love the fact that Ik sun remembers his phobia. Eeeee. On the other hand he mixed up her name with their dog's name. LOL. 

• LOL 3

+2

@kokodusI think more importantly, and that is where Mrs. Merkel shined this time, is a calm leader, choosing the right words and making people understand. She was the only one of the big presidents (although she technically isn't the president) who didn't use the term war and rather focused on facts than big speeches. She also has a scientific background, so it helped too. 

But our health care system is famous and this helped also a lot. Everyone with symptoms were just able to go to their doc or do some tests. 

So overall we do fine here, although the numbers are raising.

@kokodus okay I will check out Prison Playbook bec like you said, who can resist a face like his right? I was actually shipping him with Dr. Chae in the beginning too and then also switched to Ik-Jun and now shipping her with military resident. She is totally badass. 

I have a soft spot for Dr. Ahn bec he’s such a softie. He really cares for his patients, his humble and he’s secretly daddy long legs. I mean he literally pays for other people’s surgeries in secret! I love the fact that he hid his background from even his closest friends. 

Don’t you love their band too? 

The scene when they were signing contracts was so funny. Ik-Jun complaining that it’s long while Chae Seohyang gives him the gist. And their reaction when Jeon Wong tells them they’ll get double their pay... hahaha! Ik-jun yells, “YA! Put that on top of the contract!” :joy:

All five of them are the best in their respective fields but are still humble and really care about their patients. 

@Lawyerh I’m glad you checked it out! Koi wa tsuzuku is lovely. 

• Love 3