Add and Subtract Game

Admin

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes, I did.... For me, it is (supposed to be) a really really great drama... BUT...... how do I say it... should I spoil you?...

Yeah I know the ending isn’t what everyone wanted.  I think I will watch regardless and make of the ending as best I can.  I trust Cho SeungWoo’s judgement when it comes to making movies/dramas.  He doesn’t do run of the mill stuff.  There has to be some underlying message or novel idea for him to say yes to it.  You just need to dig hard to find it if it’s not obvious.  If God’s Gift ended “badly” by viewer standards, it may be because the viewers were expecting a “happy ending” or “loose ends all tied up” ending.  Lots were disappointed with the ending in MOAlhambra but I agree with Packmule3’s assessment.  It made sense.  Similar to Life’s ending.  I liked it.  It made sense to me given the whole narrative and what the message the writer was trying to convey.  I will watch and let you know what I take from it and try to glean what it was in the drama that appealed to CSW’s brain for him to say yes in the first place. :lol:

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, Sejabin said:

So you watch alhambra? Can you stand whenever PSH open up her mouth?

Not really. I watched a few eps and dropped it because the whole AR theme didn’t interest me and I wasn’t a HyunBin fan.  Do you dislike PSH? :lol:  What is it about her that you dislike?

• Like 1

@nrllee I like Life’s ending . I thought drama was pretty good 

@Sushimi how cute are the OCN Awards 

@Lawyerh bb cream oppa :mrgreen:Nominated for  most unexpected award - You Are a Syndrome. What does that mean ? 
https://www.hancinema.net/nominees-for-ocn-awards-2019-136665.html

@Sejabin looking fabulous .

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, Sejabin said:

her mouth that always open and her flat facial acting 

:lol: I feel the same about Jin SeYeon.   But I will have to put up with her (Park ShinHye) because Cho SeungWoo is paired up with her in Sisyphus the myth next year.

8 minutes ago, triplem said:

bb cream oppa :mrgreen:Nominated for  most unexpected award. What does that mean ? 

:lol: “You Are a Syndrome” award?  “Critically Attractive” award?  “The Unexpected” award?  I know OCN does weird but that’s just on another level weird.

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

Yeah I know the ending isn’t what everyone wanted.  I think I will watch regardless and make of the ending as best I can.  I trust Cho SeungWoo’s judgement when it comes to making movies/dramas.  He doesn’t do run of the mill stuff.  There has to be some underlying message or novel idea for him to say yes to it.  You just need to dig hard to find it if it’s not obvious.  If God’s Gift ended “badly” by viewer standards, it may be because the viewers were expecting a “happy ending” or “loose ends all tied up” ending.  Lots were disappointed with the ending in MOAlhambra but I agree with Packmule3’s assessment.  It made sense.  Similar to Life’s ending.  I liked it.  It made sense to me given the whole narrative and what the message the writer was trying to convey.  I will watch and let you know what I take from it and try to glean what it was in the drama that appealed to CSW’s brain for him to say yes in the first place. :lol:

Good! Then it’s gonna be a great ride for you watching it. I love the whole series, until the last few minutes. It was going to be in my top 5. But yeah, maybe I missed out the message because of certain expectations. Do share your take from the ending when you’re finished. 

I like MoA, but the ending was rather disappointing for me too. At first watch. After my emotions were a bit settled, I agree that it’s a “realistic” ending for that kind of story. 

Haha, I have no problem at all with PSH. In fact, I do watch quite a bit of her. I like her, not a fan level, but I think I’ve never missed any of her works? I have to check that. I think her acting is good... I can always cry with her. 

• Love 2

I like PSH in Pinocchio & Doctors ! But I don’t necessarily follow her dramas. It must depend on the oppa :lol:.
What’s my favourite genre ? ...Oppa !

18 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Im okay with PSH. She looks down to earth for me. And irl she seems to be a great lady. She can cook, chop woods, drilling, and knitting. You name it. 

O so you watched Little House in the Forest then?  Where she and So JiSub did an experiment on minimalist living?  I quite enjoyed it.  Seeing how different they both were.  For some reason watching So JiSub do absolutely nothing and stare into space was calming and very zen.  They were just totally opposite to how they approached it.  So JiSub seemed to be completely in his element.  Totally unplugged from modern conveniences.  PSH struggled a lot more.  But I did like how she was healthy.  She ate decent amounts of food.  Unlike a lot of the actresses who are rake  thin and hardly eat anything.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

So Ji Sub - Hes soo SIMPLE, he just pack 1 bag and go. I was like... wow! I feel hes the type that know what he want to do, to meet the goals or fix any problems. 

I know. PSH packed SO much compared to him :lol:.  And he ate so simply too.  She went full out and cooked different things.  She had music on all the time.  She really struggled when they told her no phone use.  He didn’t look at his phone at all and sat in silence much of the time :lol:.  Honestly he had the worst weather compared to her but he never complained.  

After that show my dream house would be one with one of those wood fire stoves.  So cool :)

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

Im okay with PSH. She looks down to earth for me. And irl she seems to be a great lady. She can cook, chop woods, drilling, and knitting. You name it. 

I agreed she might not be the prettiest, but her attitude must be the one made her where she is now. 

I think she is pretty. She has that charm that makes me want to look at her. Maybe that’s why I always watch her dramas. I love her in Doctors because she fought the bad guys, herself, with no stunt double. Awesome! 

@Sejabin personally, I like Airbus planes more than Boeing.

• Love 1

16 hours ago, Sejabin said:

Hu um.. Velvet Teddy is not really nude for other tone skin but on my tone skin it become nude and I love it hahaha. I also bought MAC Mehr but I already in love with Velvet Teddy :blush:

yes my baby. He will be 3 months old next week and also the sign for me to back to work again :lol:

I try matte on me yesterday. Today I will try to see how will be my look if I use Dior liptint with no eyeliner. I use black eyeliner in nude makeup to brighten my eyes because lips were in pale color. But if I use strong lipstick color I think I don’t need eyeliner for everyday makeup.

I don't actually own any nude lipstick shades bec I haven't found one that doesn't make me look dead. :joy: I'll check out Velvet Teddy and Mehr next time I'm at the MAC store. I can spend hours in there, they just have so many shades, it's hard to choose!! Last time I went, I bought Retro and Marakkesh

I don't like wearing a lot of makeup so if I am wearing a bold lip colour, I will keep the rest of my face pretty simple. 

I usually just stick to foundation, setting powder, black eyeliner, brow pencil and mascara. And then I use a Rosebud Salve to keep my lips moisturized. I occasionally wear eye shadows but I have to be in the mood for it. It just feels like a lot of work. LOL

Babies love to be held and to be able to smell you especially at such a young age. People also told me not to carry the baby all the time but I did anyway. They're only young for a little while so I say enjoy it as much as you can and do what feels right for you. Every parent has his/her own way of parenting and every child is different. I have 2 boys - one is 4 years old and the other is 2 years old. I love cuddling and kissing them. I can never get enough.

• Love 2

+2

21 hours ago, nrllee said:

Okay I file that info away in the annals of my mind.  Good to know.  She’s got good insights when dissecting dramas.  I like that. :)

Yeah, Bee ahjumma, :joy:, always has a very good and special way of analyzing dramas and put it into words. We participated a lot on various crime dramas and she always provides useful insights, epecially if something medical in involved.

And on top of that, she is also my private source for any medical questions. When my grandma, aunt etc. were in hospital, I always asked her about the procedures. So she's kind of my hidden doc. :D

If I ever am in very big trouble, I will, get me bee, she's my doc, I don't care how much it costs.

Somehow I think of Bee like the female doc of DotS. 

@bedifferentYa, we totally need to watch a crime drama together again!

8 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Somehow I think of Bee like the female doc of DotS

O please no.  I didn’t like that doctor in DOTS at all.  In my eyes (I rolled them often in the little that I watched of DOTS), that doctor wasn’t competent and I couldn’t take her “doctoring ways” seriously.  :lol:

Apologies in advance @bedifferent for ageing you prematurely by labelling you an ahjumma. :huh:

• LOL 2

So, that may sound rude or inappropriate or maybe it's just because I'm a guy and lack of sympathy, but I don't understand one thing. Why are people, mostly girls as far as I can see, so.....sensitive about cases of suicide? I guess you all heard about Sulli's and Hara's passing, and yes, it is very sad and it shows that there is a lot going wrong in Korea and there is something that should be done about it, but I see tons of people, mostly girls, who get total breakdowns because of it or talk about it like it a death in their family. 

I mean yes, it's sad, but.......it looks kinda odd to me if others are so......hyper sensitive about it and feel like a close friend died. Is there something I don't see as a guy?

@nrlleeWhat? You didn't like her? How can you.......well okay, I have to admit I liked the second lead more....the army girl....^_^ She was a hottie. Well, I guess guys like nurses and docs anyway, even if they aren't total competent. We just like that being treated stuff. :D 

:joy: Ahjumma Bee. I like it everytime I read it. 

Bee is so ahjumma, her first patient was a dinosaur. 

Bee is so ahjumma, the first wound she treated was a snake biting wound

1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

@nrlleeWhat? You didn't like her? How can you.......well okay, I have to admit I liked the second lead more....the army girl....^_^ She was a hottie. Well, I guess guys like nurses and docs anyway, even if they aren't total competent. We just like that being treated stuff. :D 

Yeah just didn’t gel with her.  Don’t get me wrong, she’s all kinds of beautiful but she’s cold...every drama I watch her in, I just can’t “warm” to her.  She’s like this Ice Princess (Frozen Imma lookin’ at you...LET IT GO... :lol:).  Plus all the medical scenes were just overdone and that just added to my growing disdain for her character.  And yes I did prefer the second lead army girl too.  She and the tsundere second lead army guy - let’s face it, JoongKi and him?  No match when it comes to army greens.  Plus he (JoongKi’s bestie) had this facial scar (if memory serves me right) that just added to his allure.  I could buy that he was special forces...I couldn’t buy JoongKi as special forces material?  Even if he did go shirtless to try to “prove himself” to me that he was a tough guy.  :blink:

1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

So, that may sound rude or inappropriate or maybe it's just because I'm a guy and lack of sympathy, but I don't understand one thing. Why are people, mostly girls as far as I can see, so.....sensitive about cases of suicide? I guess you all heard about Sulli's and Hara's passing, and yes, it is very sad and it shows that there is a lot going wrong in Korea and there is something that should be done about it, but I see tons of people, mostly girls, who get total breakdowns because of it or talk about it like it a death in their family. 

I mean yes, it's sad, but.......it looks kinda odd to me if others are so......hyper sensitive about it and feel like a close friend died. Is there something I don't see as a guy?

Because they project.  They see themselves as potentially the person who died.  They understand firsthand what it means about the pressures that person underwent which drove them to the brink.  I think a lot of girls would’ve stared into that abyss themselves but just never jumped.  So for them it’s as personal as it gets.  They talk about it in third person’s terms (Sulli’s death etc) to distance themselves but they are actually speaking about it firsthand through her.  That’s my take on it anyway.  

• Like 2

+2

@Sarang21 Just message me :D Where do you want to buy? Since we both live in good ol Germany I can take a look. I bought from so many sites. 

48 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Yeah just didn’t gel with her.  Don’t get me wrong, she’s all kinds of beautiful but she’s cold...every drama I watch her in, I just can’t “warm” to her.  She’s like this Ice Princess (Frozen Imma lookin’ at you...LET IT GO... :lol:).  Plus all the medical scenes were just overdone and that just added to my growing disdain for her character.  And yes I did prefer the second lead army girl too.  She and the tsundere second lead army guy - let’s face it, JoongKi and him?  No match when it comes to army greens.  Plus he (JoongKi’s bestie) had this facial scar (if memory serves me right) that just added to his allure.  I could buy that he was special forces...I couldn’t buy JoongKi as special forces material?  Even if he did go shirtless to try to “prove himself” to me that he was a tough guy.  :blink:

Well I didn't even think she is that beautiful, she was just a sincere, nice girl. She's a keeper. 

The medical scenes were all overdone, I agree, it was heavily cheesy at time, but honestly it really never was about the medical precision. More like about the cruelties of war and what doctors have to face in scenarios of war with limited tools. 

I wrote essays about the scene with the homeless that lends his boots to the female lead. The drama was about that kind of stuff.

The moment they went back to Korea and left the war scenario, the drama got really bad. 

Honestly I already forgot about the male second lead :D For me it was just second lead :heart:

49 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Because they project.  They see themselves as potentially the person who died.  They understand firsthand what it means about the pressures that person underwent which drove them to the brink.  I think a lot of girls would’ve stared into that abyss themselves but just never jumped.  So for them it’s as personal as it gets.  They talk about it in third person’s terms (Sulli’s death etc) to distance themselves but they are actually speaking about it firsthand through her.  That’s my take on it anyway

Mhm, okay. I see, so maybe I have a little more distance. Thank you.

38 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

okay. I see, so maybe I have a little more distance. Thank you.

Yup men are better at pragmatics, divorcing their feelings from the logic. Women tend to blend the 2 more readily.  

40 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

Well I didn't even think she is that beautiful, she was just a sincere, nice girl. She's a keeper. 

Good for you.  I just find her hard to warm to.  She’s obviously a very classy lady in real life.  Her response (and lack thereof) when the whole divorce spilled over in the public arena was classy.  She didn’t put a foot wrong in the public space so she has my utmost respect for that.  

• Like 2

+2

26 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Good for you.  I just find her hard to warm to.  She’s obviously a very classy lady in real life.  Her response (and lack thereof) when the whole divorce spilled over in the public arena was classy.  She didn’t put a foot wrong in the public space so she has my utmost respect for that.

Isn't that a woman thing anyway? I heard it way more often in my life that it takes more time for girls to warm up with other girls than with guys,  

@Dhakra Thank you...I just sent you the link for the shop.

By the way I was also more into the second lead story in DOTS :mrgreen: The main lead chemistry wasn´t there for me.

Are you watching psychopath diary? I think you previously expressed your interest in it. 

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 1