Quantcast
RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

@cenching whaaaatt?! :scream:  I can't believe you haven't watched DOTS either! If you don't mind me asking, how come you aren't into K dramas? If I see everyone raving about a particular drama, I cannot resist the urge to watch it because I think to myself that it must be sooo good for everyone to be talking about it. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@cenching whaaaatt?! :scream:  I can't believe you haven't watched DOTS either! If you don't mind me asking, how come you aren't into K dramas? If I see everyone raving about a particular drama, I cannot resist the urge to watch it because I think to myself that it must be sooo good for everyone to be talking about it. 

I just found K dramas aren’t as engaging as C dramas.... I did watch some in the past but it had never left lasting impression on me and can never made me invested on it emotionally. K dramas can never made me waiting forward in eager anticipation for the next episodes....Most likely bcoz I don’t understand the language unlike Chinese and English or other languages that I am verse of....

+2

• Like 4

@cenching Oh I see.. I get it, it is easier to get invested in a drama that speaks the language of your heart. Translations can only go so far but it's still different when you understand the language itself.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@cenching Oh I see.. I get it, it is easier to get invested in a drama that speaks the language of your heart. Translations can only go so far but it's still different when you understand the language itself.

There you go...:thumbsup:

When we learn another language we aren’t solely learning the language itself but most importantly the culture. So those languages that I am versed of I understand the culture as well so I can enjoy the dramas....

+2

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, cenching said:

There you go...:thumbsup:

When we learn another language we aren’t solely learning the language itself by most importantly the culture. So those languages that I am versed of I understand the culture as well so I can enjoy the dramas....

+2

@cenching I agree, knowing and understanding the culture definitely has an impact. Unfortunately, I speak neither Chinese or Korean so I rely on the english translations. For some dramas I watch it from different sites to see if there is a difference in translation so I can better understand what is actually being said.

• Like 5

The only way to bring @kokodus out of hiding is to lure her with pineapples :lol:

@cenching I quite enjoyed Goblin...but it's because I watch it for Lee Dong Wook (grim reaper) . He and Yoo In Na had such nice chemistry there.  So much so that they will be reuniting on a TVN drama this January as leads. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3

@mouse007

Another thing that made me difficult to enjoy K dramas is the men....:sweat_smile: I prefer manly handsome men not pretty men who wore more makeup than me and prettier than me....:sweat_smile: Majority, not all of Korean male stars are pretty....

@triplem

Oh Lord, The Grim Reaper is handsome in a manly way....:heart:

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

+2

@triplem I hope so, the past showcased that my rides were rather short and ended abruptly.

@LmanglaWell, if everything works according to plan, I hope I will meet her again to help her learn for her german exam a couple of days before it.

• Like 7

@cenching LOL my husband says the same thing.. that the men in my K dramas seem so effeminate. :joy: I don't mind them too much but I do prefer it when they're in suits because it makes them seem more manly. There's just something about a man in a suit that makes a man look so good. :wub:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

@cenching ~ you are not alone... I have yet to watch dots or goblin! saw pics and even MVs but it still didn't interest me enough to even check out the first episode. ^_^

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Okay...I'm close to recruit my council of ladies again and reopen the dm, I could need some advice. Maybe this time I will also add @Lmangla

Why you may ask now?

Well, remember my last post, specifically this part?

2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

@LmanglaWell, if everything works according to plan, I hope I will meet her again to help her learn for her german exam a couple of days before it.

I don't know exactly how......and if I did it or if she somehow misunderstood something or if it was her mind....but as it seems right now.......I will meet her every saturday from now on for at least the next 4-5 weekends......to teach her german, help her with homework and improve her talking skills.

So basically from "my plan" it went to.....every saturday....

And yeah @triplem this is like the scene of a drama.....this could totally be the scene of a drama......remember Plus Nine Boys? Where they were also learning?

• Like 2
  • LOL 4