Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@Dhakra so I am bored...and casually go sleuthing in the SWDBS thread to try to get the backstory for your moniker... and am stunned to find... it’s 757 pages long... WHAT??  So I go half way in vain hope to scout out the heinous “sexist” post that got you into deep waters... and I finally find it... and the trail of comments levelled at you...granted I had to skim past pages of live recaps and fan girl posts.  Interesting to see @triplem in her full blown “mod” mode... It was all in all a fascinating read... and now I have more data to add to my files for some users... some of whom are still around... 

I didn’t realize there were so many on the JiSoo (GD) wagon.  Frankly I don’t remember much of the story.  Aside from how cute PBY was and she had Super powers.  Guess I will find out if the writer has improved when I watch Melting Me Softly.  

• LOL 3

1 minute ago, triplem said:

Faith I think is our biggest thread , Something like 2000+ pages 

wow those were the days! remember when master's sun was airing, I would log out and log in an hour or so later and it would have moved several pages. it was so hard to keep up. there were dramas where the mods actually locked the thread to stop it from jumping so many pages...

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

6 minutes ago, triplem said:

I wasn’t a mod then but I don’t like ppl bullying Dhakra lol!

Ahhh...the things you learn.  He seemed to be doing quite well on his own but it must’ve been deeply distressing to be called a sexist when he obviously had (has) the greatest respect for women folk as a whole.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, triplem said:

Lol!  I don’t bother to keep up after a while . But since I started modding , traffic hasn’t been that heavy here . The last time we had such a big thread was probably Goblin. That was nuts . Can’t even load the pages 

I thought HDL was bad enough...but looking at SWDBS was another level...and judging from the comments above probably anything Hong Sisters related is bound to get a lot of traffic. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

+2

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Clear truth from who’s perspective???  I do not accept ^_^:P

Duh, from the truths perspective obviously.

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

@Dhakra so I am bored...and casually go sleuthing in the SWDBS thread to try to get the backstory for your moniker... and am stunned to find... it’s 757 pages long... WHAT??  So I go half way in vain hope to scout out the heinous “sexist” post that got you into deep waters... and I finally find it... and the trail of comments levelled at you...granted I had to skim past pages of live recaps and fan girl posts.  Interesting to see @triplem in her full blown “mod” mode... It was all in all a fascinating read...

Omg you did what? :joy: Gosh, how bored can someone be? Which page was it? I probably almost forgot half of it. Maybe I made it even worse than it was? I'm super excited to backread. 

But that makes me curious, what did you think about my "sexist" post that got me into trouble?  Back then @triplemwasn't a mod yet. She was one of us. 

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

and now I have more data to add to my files for some users... some of whom are still around... 

Somehow that sounds super exiting.

1 hour ago, triplem said:

I wasn’t a mod then but I don’t like ppl bullying Dhakra lol!  Even though we “argue “ a lot , we’re good friends from time to time .  

Wait? You wrote something back then there about me? Did I already forgot that or did I just missed it? Awwww....Queen Noonalicious. 

Now I am tempted to only semi-blast you into pieces with my flawless Shi-Ho argumentation. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

From time to time huh? :D We once had a small "fanclub" due to our bantering history. 

Ah the good old days when the forum would crash because of too much traffic . The thread would be moving so fast that you can´t even blink as 10 more pages would be added :joy:. I really miss those days....

Nowadays I noticed that it has decreased significantly...I wonder what´s the reason? Is it because the recent k-dramas has not been that appealing? 

Right now I have a female crush on Jenny Jang from Secret Boutique...she is awesome :love:

+2

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

39 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

Omg you did what? :joy: Gosh, how bored can someone be? Which page was it? I probably almost forgot half of it. Maybe I made it even worse than it was? I'm super excited to backread. 

But that makes me curious, what did you think about my "sexist" post that got me into trouble?  Back then @triplemwasn't a mod yet. She was one of us. 

Here it is... and I am of the same opinion as @USAFarmgirl.

Followed up with this (which kinda fuelled the debate)

USAFarmgirl coming in to bat for you - I think she was relegated to “Guest” after she was hacked...

And @triplem showing you love too...aww...:wub: (actually it is because she quoted USAFarmgirl that I realized the above post was actually hers.)

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, staygold said:

British costume drama fans have you heard of Sanditon?  @USAFarmgirl @packmule3 @phikyl

Has every period drama cliche you could think of. Not high quality content like Downton Abbey but a gap filler till we wait for something better. 

is it watchable? I read really scathing reviews on some sites and so was unsure whether to even browse through it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

is it watchable? I read really scathing reviews on some sites and so was unsure whether to even browse through it.

I watched 5 eps (that have aired so far) and found it okayish. Nothing great. But since I have been starved of british period dramas for a while I will take it. Cringe level is high but like someone wrote it depends on your 'period drama tolerance scale'. And there is Theo James.

• LOL 5

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

@Lmangla the lakorn title is 'KING GOR RAH KAH GOR RAENG'

actually i pity the ex-gf that turn villian 

am reading the synopsis on mydramalist and shaking my head to "nope, not watching" hahahahah..

5 minutes ago, staygold said:

I watched 5 eps (that have aired so far) and found it okayish. Nothing great. But since I have been starved of british period dramas for a while I will take it. Cringe level is high but like someone wrote it depends on your 'period drama tolerance scale'. And there is Theo James.

in other words, watch for theo james. it is okay, will just watch some fanmade MVs. looks like that will tell me pretty much all the scenes I need to watch. hahahaha...

• LOL 4

12 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

in other words, watch for theo james. it is okay, will just watch some fanmade MVs. looks like that will tell me pretty much all the scenes I need to watch. hahahaha...

:lol: I will save you even that time! The heroine and hero have got off as expected to an odd start. He doesn't think anything of her n she isnt amused by him. While taking a walk by the sea collecting shells (again as expected) she chances upon him.... taking a dip.... in his birthday suit. She (as expected) hurries away. 

The next day, he apologizes for embarrassing her for the beach thing. She says why would I be embarrassed I was all clothed! :w00t: So there are sparks of witty writing. But it is only for those who enjoy the slow build up of romance. 

edit: Darcy's sis in P&P is called Georgiana. Here the hero's ward is called Georgiana. Darcy takes a dip in the estate lake, our hero takes a swim in the ocean!:lol:

+2

• LOL 4

2 minutes ago, staygold said:

But it is only for those who enjoy the slow build up of romance. 

for me, even more than P&P, my favourite slow build will be north and south. omo, all the hot stares, chemistry and great writing -- no risque scenes but it still felt so romantic that you end up binge watching it. :wub:...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

north and south

I loved N&S but I stilled prefer P&P. P&P has many layers and complications to the plot. N&S found easy solutions to tough issues :sweatingbullets:

5 minutes ago, triplem said:

are you excited for the Downtown Abbey movie?

I am, but I dont know what to expect. I was quite happy with the series finale.

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

4 minutes ago, triplem said:

@staygold @Lmanglaare you excited for the Downtown Abbey movie? I am so happy .So for a period of time I stopped watching Asian dramas and I was only watching DA and Suits.  I was so sad they ended DA. My sis recommended the Crown as a replacement , but never got round to it.  

haven't watched downtown abbey at all. not sure why. it was there on our local channel but none of the ads had that wow moment for me to even want to check out. at the time, was more into masterchef australia instead. hahahaha...

• LOL 4

9 minutes ago, staygold said:

I loved N&S but I stilled prefer P&P. P&P has many layers and complications to the plot. N&S found easy solutions to tough issues 

kekekekke... for me, it is the reverse. it is also because I read the book N&S and loved it. elizabeth gaskell had quite an unique style -- every chapter starts off with a poem. the book really delved into concerns about working conditions of labourers, the dynamics between costs and profits, the relationships between owners and workers and the class divisions. so all of that is still relevant today even though the book covers the industrial age.

weirdly enough, for me, it was the movie version of P&P that finally sold me on the romance. a part of me always thought the book was rather vague on how elizabeth actually fell in love with darcy and it seemed more like she saw his house and she melted because he was rich. hahahaha....

so why did you think there were many layers and complications to P&P?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, triplem said:

So for a period of time I stopped watching Asian dramas and I was only watching DA and Suits.  I was so sad they ended DA. My sis recommended the Crown as a replacement , but never got round to it.  

Mr Bates and Anna... :wub: my OTP.  North and South - Margaret and John Thornton (Armitage is the epitome of brooding male leads...malevolence with restraint...urgh...his piercing gaze gets me every time).  Yes to The Crown.  I adore Claire Foy.  She first caught my eye in Little Dorrit.  :wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 1