Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@triplem I am not sure about being able to do a full rewatch or not. As it is, I am already rewatching certain scenes to refresh my memory. But I will join the club and keep up as much as possible. Like @kokodus I’ve been watching the last 10 minutes of the finale for don’t know how many times now :lol:

• LOL 4

31 minutes ago, partyon said:

Not really, I kind of thought that it would mean something like that. :) Thanks for clarifying it, though!

ah cool; we have lots of funny kinship terms that sound hilarious but it is unique to our style of english speaking. so have you heard of something called 'co-sisters'? just guess what that means. ^_^

• LOL 2

6 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

ah cool; we have lots of funny kinship terms that sound hilarious but it is unique to our style of english speaking. so have you heard of something called 'co-sisters'? just guess what that means. ^_^

Not even going to attempt to guess that one. :D What does it mean?

• LOL 3

1 minute ago, partyon said:

Not even going to attempt to guess that one. :D What does it mean?

kekeke...  it actually refers to sisters-in-law but there is a distinction. basically it means women married to brothers of the same family and so there is a kind of feel that you are all stuck in this family drama that you have been married into! :lol: whereas 'sister-in-law' is specific to husband's sister and would never be used with co-sister. so 'sister-in-law' is seen as either outside person because she has married out or part of the family drama which means that she is on that side while the co-sisters are on the other. LOL... basically, we can indicate lots of family drama by how we describe our kinship. :joy:

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, triplem said:

@snowlou @wallflowersforjane @im0202 @kokodus @Lawyerh @ktcjdrama @Ameera Aliare you guys still up for doing a HP re-watch? I am tagging @alleram95 here , who I know is planning to do so . Maybe I can start a thread for it ? My suggestion is to do re-watch 2 episodes a week or something like that - a manageable schedule since we are all from different time zones. I am not sure if I will re-watch fully but I would love to read the discussions.

Hello :) It's my first time to post in here and drop to visit after a tag from @triplem  I see familiar posters from HP thread.

About the re-watch session, count me in. 2 episodes a week is alright, but since the drama only have 12 episodes currently, won't it end too fast then? If I may vote, maybe one episode a week? I don't plan to re-watch straightly after the next week special broadcast, because I still have long list of dramas that I need to catch up, but I'd be happy to join the discussion once the schedule and place for the discussion is fixed. ^_^

Uh, according to the first page since my username start with 'a' I'm on team subtract then? I don't know the last number so for now I'll just start with subtract. 

• Love 5
  • Awesome 1

53 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

it is really hot here. so mid 30s degrees celsius but because of the humidity, it feels even hotter.

I remember the older days when my city wasn't this hot during summer; having an average of around 27-30 degrees. Now it is 32-34 degrees in average and autumn has literally gone. Global warming is kicking in hard....

28 minutes ago, partyon said:

Are you going to watch My Dangerous Wife? Choi Won Young plays the ML who tries to kills his wife. Remake of a Japanese drama that I've watched. I can warmly recommend it.

I have heard this Japanese drama, and a new MBN show starring ChoiWY. No idea the MBN one is a remake though. I am afraid the JP one is a bit too dark for my own taste... personally not a fan of dramas with twisted couple relationships. That's why I actively avoid dramas like TWOTM even though it was very well-received.

28 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

I feel like this is me when I get very nevous! Just broken English everywhere :joy:

The way the man speaks English.... It's definitely me two [bad pun intended]!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

Uh, according to the first page since my username start with 'a' I'm on team subtract then? I don't know the last number so for now I'll just start with subtract.

tenor.gif?itemid=5688906

Welcome to the thread! :kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Just now, kokodus said:

@LmanglaWait I haven't heard of a specific term for sisters married to brothers of the same family. 

LOL, no sister-in-laws in english are called co-sisters in Indian english. my dad came from a family of 7 brothers and 1 sister. so all the sister-in-laws (wives of the 7 brothers) would refer to each other as co-sister and call the sister (of my dad) as sister-in-law. it is super specific and comes with an entertaining implied family politics. so here's something my friend said once "my co-sister is terrible. she might as well be my sister-in-law" :lol:

• Confused 1
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

Just now, triplem said:

@alleram95 yay!!!! Yes you're on Team Subtract...but honestly you can choose whichever team you want but team sub needs members ...but anyhow...feel free to chat here. 

Nooooooooooo..... @triplem Why are you saying @alleram95 can choose.....?!?!?!?!??! :joy:

I finally got someone on Team Subtract! You may not steal her/him from us! :joy:

• LOL 6

15 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

LOL, no sister-in-laws in english are called co-sisters in Indian english. my dad came from a family of 7 brothers and 1 sister. so all the sister-in-laws (wives of the 7 brothers) would refer to each other as co-sister and call the sister (of my dad) as sister-in-law. it is super specific and comes with an entertaining implied family politics. so here's something my friend said once "my co-sister is terrible. she might as well be my sister-in-law" :lol:

My mother also has 4 brothers. Their wives call my mom sister in law. I'm trying to remember what they call each other. Should ask my mom. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

I just love how the candidates A&B just like “I think......you should just speak Chinese (in Chinese).”:joy:

But the man said that he is a responsibility man (pun intended) so he never gave up! :lol: Good for him for saying a bunch of English and Chinese that I don’t understand. haha

It is just too hard for citizens of some countries to speak purely in one language only!

• Love 4

9 minutes ago, kokodus said:

My mother also has 4 brothers. Their wives call my mom sister in law. I'm trying to remember what they call each other. Should ask my mom. 

yea, she would be their sister-in-law while the 4 wives would be co-sisters. I always find it hilarious when women make the distinction between sister-in-law and co-sister because it actually means the same thing in english anyway... but our stress on kinship titles in english especially generally boils down to family politics. so you hear statements like this -- "my sister-in-law is more like my co-sister whereas my co-sister is like this devilish version of sister-in-law". just that one sentence tells you a whole lot of drama filled episodes! :lol:

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

8 minutes ago, 000231846597 said:

It is just too hard for citizens of some countries to speak purely in one language only!

Lol :D I actually like the way they speak English in Singapore. Sometimes I will have to ask someone to repeat what they said (because of some local words), but for the most part I think the accent spoken in Singapore is quite understandable. :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 4