@Heretorant Really?

AS0006348-17.gif *GLOMPING YOU GUKJA-STYLE*

I was thinking about you & wondering if you liked TKEM; if LMH is still your Top 1 Lover after all these years. Hahaha. Has it been 8 years for Faith?! :blink: How are you? Hope all is well especially during this Covid time. I missed your spazzing for LMH. I don't think my LMH drama watching experience is complete without Shenny-style spazzing on the side. Haha.

Edit: OK, I think I remember where the hug happened now. It was before the kiss. Imja was already in her "wedding gown".

@msdot Ki Chul is definitely an "Ewww" but I'm actually OK with Prince Deuk Heung. Lucky you guys mentioned his name coz I only remember his Snake nickname these days.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

@Heretorant Really?

*GLOMPING YOU GUKJA-STYLE*

I was thinking about you & wondering if you liked TKEM; if LMH is still your Top 1 Lover after all these years. Hahaha. Has it been 8 years for Faith?! :blink: How are you? Hope all is well especially during this Covid time. I missed your spazzing for LMH. I don't think my LMH drama watching experience is complete without Shenny-style spazzing on the side. Haha.

Edit: OK, I think I remember where the hug happened now. It was before the kiss. Imja was already in her "wedding gown".

:crybaby:

Where did everyone go? Do you still keep in touch with Maja? I miss Gukja too! :bawling:

Do I have to answer that for you to know? Hehehe. You know lmh will always be my number 1. No one else can charm me the way he does. Looks like we’ve moved on from PBG? :lol: I still love him, just not as obsessed anymore lol. 

I was full out spazzing in TKEM’s thread. I participated in theorizing and trying to figure out what the hell was going on. After 12 episodes, I decided to just sit back and spazz away. Didn’t expect any less from me, did you? :lol:

I can’t believe I’m still here after 8 years! No kidding, I never thought I’d never be able to move on :lol:. I felt empty after watching TKEM, not because I wholeheartedly loved it but it was my drug for two months and I had nothing to look forward to so I decided to give Faith another watch and see if I still like it the same. I still love daejang and I still love the imja couple. And... i think it’s better than TKEM :sweatingbullets:. But but but imo, lmh improved from daejang to LG. 

Yes, yes, the hug happened when daejang confronted imja about agreeing to marry prince Deuk Heung to save his life. Jrowjsidhwoshsie I squealed! It all seems new to me because I haven’t watched it in so long. :happy:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@Heretorant

On 6/28/2020 at 4:16 PM, Heretorant said:

Do I have to answer that for you to know? Hehehe. You know lmh will always be my number 1. No one else can charm me the way he does. Looks like we’ve moved on from PBG? :lol: I still love him, just not as obsessed anymore lol. 

Yes yes. Stay that way don't ever change. 

I was full out spazzing in TKEM’s thread. I participated in theorizing and trying to figure out what the hell was going on. After 12 episodes, I decided to just sit back and spazz away. Didn’t expect any less from me, did you?

I expected there were essay of story/plot discussion posts from you when the drama required it, as you have done so for his past projects. And also some dying posts every other page. But imma not gonna check coz there are way too many pages.

I can’t believe I’m still here after 8 years! No kidding, I never thought I’d never be able to move on :lol:. I felt empty after watching TKEM, not because I wholeheartedly loved it but it was my drug for two months and I had nothing to look forward to so I decided to give Faith another watch and see if I still like it the same. I still love daejang and I still love the imja couple. And... i think it’s better than TKEM :sweatingbullets:. But but but imo, lmh improved from daejang to LG.

I'm feeling a bit tad empty too, but I believe It's Okay Not to be Okay is a promising replacement drug. I'm hoping to hear good news about TKEM novel being translated. Since we will never have Faith novel, at least the chances of more insights into Lee Gon's mind are higher. I have re-watched some episodes of his past works recently too! The "not-enough" after effect. LOL at "still love Faith". True, his acting has gotten better. Eyes emoting is still :thumbsup:.

• Like 4

@Heretorant said (on LMH thread):

Daejang is so romantic when he wants to be! 
“I will protect you your entire life, so will you be with me?”

”If I am to have imja, it is for an entire life. Not today, this one day, nor a few days.” 

This scene was a highlight for me in the series, combined with his discovery of her in his quarters. I thought those words were achingly sweet and romantic. So consistent with the Choi Young character. They were both perfect in this scene!

@leeminhosny said (on LMH thread):

There is just 1 kiss in Faith?

In the series, yes, just one.:(  But it was passionate!

OiEfHlB.jpg

In my  written recaps/adaptation of the series,I couldn't stand it, so I snuck a few more kisses in!  In Song Ji-na's script for Episode 24, they at least get to hug when they are reunited at last!

• Like 7

8 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Thanks for posting this. I think that's my very favorite scene in the entire series (Ep. 12). Again, very little verbiage but so much is happening between them!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, @Time loop said:

What happened to the actor who was playing the king in Faith. I thought he was geninuely a good character. I won't mind seeing him in lead roles 

Yes , I agree! Ryu Deok-hwan is a very good actor, and he depicted great character development in Faith. He's the same age as LMH. He's been in numerous series after Faith, including one 2020. You might want to check out his Wikipedia bio:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryu_Deok-hwan

ScUo.gif

22 hours ago, msdot said:
  11 minutes ago, @Time loop said:

What happened to the actor who was playing the king in Faith. I thought he was geninuely a good character. I won't mind seeing him in lead roles 

Yes , I agree! Ryu Deok-hwan is a very good actor, and he depicted great character development in Faith. He's the same age as LMH. He's been in numerous series after Faith, including one 2020. You might want to check out his Wikipedia bio:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryu_Deok-hwan

Omo I watched Nobody knows but I couldn't recognize him :lol:

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 10:03 PM, Heretorant said:

Hahahahahaha to be fair, I haven’t watched Faith in almost 8 years. I totally forgot :lol:

Ummm... I kind of squealed and rewatched and haven’t been able to move past that scene so I haven’t gotten there lol. 

Is it a thing for us to meet every 3 years? Lol :lol: I haven’t changed one bit. Still here spazzing over daejang :lol::lol::lol:

:rickroll:

I see you, @msdot and @leeminhosnystill spazzing here on Faith page still going strong at 4547 pages ! huhuhu!

Hello ! Hello!

• Love 1

On the LMH thread we recently did a four-part quiz called, "So you think you know Faith!"  Here are the questions  in case you'd like to test yourself! For the answers, click on "Reveal Hidden Contents"  at the bottom.

1.  As the series begins, Choi Young

is the Commander of the Woodalchi, the Goryeo King’s personal guard. What position had he held before joining the Woodalchi? Episode 

2.  Who goes to heaven’s portal and orders Choi Young to stop the High Doctor from leaving?

3.  What memento does Choi Young carry with him through the first part of the series, and where does he keep it?

4. Cheon Eum-ja, otherwise known as the white-haired flute guy, has what kind of pet?

5.  When the Imja couple is at the Ganghwa Island Governor’s compound, what does the Doctor tell Choi Young about why she’s giving him a flower?

6.   a)  What does the King call the two leaders of the Suribang? 

b)    What is Choi Young’s relationship with them?

7.  Choi Young is accused of accepting a bribe of how much money?

8.  What animal does Hwa Su-in (the fire lady) use to describe Choi Young to Ki-chul after he (along with the Doctor and the young prince) escapes from her trap on Ganghwa Island?

9.  Poison figures prominently in this series and the King’s uncle poisons the Heavenly Doctor not once, but twice!

a. The first time, how did he poison her, and what does Choi Young have to do to get the antidote from him? 

b. The second time, how did he poison her, and what does Choi Young have to do to get the antidote?

10. The Heavenly Doctor uses a familiar tune to help her remember the names of Goryeo kings as well as Chinese dynasties. What tune does she sing? 

11.  When threatening the King’s uncle to obtain the antidote for his poisoned Imja, how many men does Choi Young tell him that he’s killed?

12.  When the King gives the Doctor from Heaven to Ki Chul, the Queen confronts her husband and compares him to what animal?

13. When Choi Young enters the court just as the King’s uncle and the Doctor are beginning to make their way to the temple to be married, whatwo things does he do to stop the wedding of the King’s uncle and the High Doctor?

14. Who asks Choi Young if his sword has become heavy?

15. At the end of the series, the Doctor from Heaven goes through the time portal to contemporary Seoul and then tries to return to where she had just left Choi Young. But instead she arrives in Goryeo 100 years before that time. From Choi Young’s perspective, how long has she been gone when they’re finally reunited at the end of the series? 

Extra credit and a rare smile from Choi Young (with dimples!):  From the Doctor’s perspective, how long did she live in the earlier Goryeo period before going through the portal a final time to be reunited with Choi Young? 

Spoiler

Here are the questions and the answers to each one:

1.  Q:  As the series begins, Choi Young is the Commander of the Woodalchi, the Goryeo King’s personal guard. What position had he held before joining the Woodalchi? 

A:  He was the leader of the Red Crescent Moon Army. Episode 1

2.  Q:  Who goes to heaven’s portal and orders Choi Young to stop the High Doctor from leaving?

A:  The King’s principal advisor, Jo Il-shin, by order of the King. Episode 2. 

3.  Q:  What memento does Choi Young carry with him through the first part of the series, and where does he keep it?

A:   A bandana with a red crescent moon sewn on it. It belonged to May Hee, his first love. He kept it wrapped around the hilt of his sword for seven years, until he fell in love with Eun-soo, the Doctor from Heaven. Episode 11.

4.  Q: Cheon Eum-ja, otherwise known as the white-haired flute guy, has what kind of pet?

A:  A white cat with folded ears. Episode 5

5.  Q: When the Imja couple is at the Ganghwa Island Governor’s compound, what does the Doctor tell Choi Young about why she’s giving him a flower?

A: She likes its fragrance and hopes it helps cover the smell of blood on him. Episode 7

6.  Q:  a)  What does the King call the two leaders of the Suribang?   b)  What is Choi Young’s relationship with them?

A:  a)   The Manbo siblings. Episode 10. 

b)    They are Choi Young’s pledged aunt and uncle (They had been good friends with his master in the Red Crescent Moon army). Episode 9

7.  Q:  Choi Young is accused of accepting a bribe of how much money?

A:  500 nyang. Choi Young is not only outraged by the accusation itself, he’s also disgusted that they would think he could be bribed for such a small amount of money. Episode 13

8. Q: What animal does Hwa Su-in (the fire lady) use to describe Choi Young to Ki-chul after he (along with the Doctor and the young prince) escapes from her trap on Ganghwa Island?

A: She’s very frustrated that she lost him as she tells Ki-chul that Choi Young is like a rat with wings. Episode 7

9.  Q:  Poison figures prominently in this series and the King’s uncle poisons the Heavenly Doctor not once, but twice!

a. The first time, how did he poison her, and what does Choi Young have to do to get the antidote from him? 

b. The second time, how did he poison her, and what does Choi Young have to do to get the antidote?

A: a. The first time he places poison on the paper he gives to the Doctor, who has to lick her fingers to separate the sheets from each other. To obtain the antidote, Choi Young has to obtain the Royal Seal and give it to the King’s uncle. Episode 15 

b. He injects the poison into her arm. Choi Young can’t do anything; there is no antidote for the second poison. Episode 18

10.  Q: The Heavenly Doctor uses a familiar tune to help her remember the names of Goryeo kings as well as Chinese dynasties. What tune does she sing? 

A: Twinkle, twinkle little star. Episodes 3 and 4.

11.  Q:  When threatening the King’s uncle to obtain the antidote for his poisoned Imja, how many men does Choi Young tell him that he’s killed?

A:  He has killed so many men that he has lost count. Episode 15.

12.  Q: When the King gives the Doctor from Heaven to Ki Chul, the Queen confronts her husband and compares him to what animal?

A: She asks if he’s a pheasant that, when pursued by a hunter, hides its head in the sand, thinking it can’t be seen. Episode 5

13. Q:  When Choi Young enters the court just as the King’s uncle and the Doctor are beginning to make their way to the temple to be married, what two things does he do to stop the wedding of the King’s uncle and the High Doctor?

A:  1) He fends off Gi Cheol’s freezing power, and then           2) kisses the High Doctor passionately in front of the entire court. Episode 17

14. Q:  Who asks Choi Young if his sword has become heavy?

A:  Ahn-Jae, who appears to be an old army friend.  Episode 20.

15.  Q:  At the end of the series, the Doctor from Heaven goes through the time portal to contemporary Seoul and then tries to return to where she had just left Choi Young. But instead she arrives in Goryeo 100 years before that time. From Choi Young’s perspective, how long has she been gone when they’re finally reunited at the end of the series? 

Extra credit and a rare smile from Choi Young (with dimples!):  From the Doctor’s perspective, how long did she live in the earlier Goryeo period before going through the portal a final time to be reunited with Choi Young? 

A:  From Choi Young’s perspective, she has been gone for about four years. Just after she returns to his time, she’s told by a soldier that it’s been five years since the current King took the throne. She had lived in Choi Young’s time for about a year during which the events depicted in the series occurred. So she had been gone four years. Episode 24.  Aslo referenced in a Q&A with the screenwriter on joonni.com and cited on this thread on pg. 3284.

Extra credit and a rare smile from Choi Young (don't forget the dimples!): From the Doctor’s perspective, she lived in the earlier time period for just one year. From the same Q&A with the screenwriter on joonni.com and mentioned in a post on this thread on pg. 3284.

• Like 1

Episode 6 when CY meets the young ex-king. He hugs him and has the sweetest smile.  This is one of my very favorite scenes in Faith.  LMH looks so handsome here.  CY seems really happy and one of the very few times he smiles and relaxes from his responsibilities. His affection for the ex-king is real.

@msdot; @Heretorant @happivirus  @Narine Joa  @scrawford @Min2206 @mychoiyoung @Joanna Alfson @Thong Thin

• Love 4

40 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Episode 6 when CY meets the young ex-king. He hugs him and has the sweetest smile.  This is one of my very favorite scenes in Faith.  LMH looks so handsome here.  CY seems really happy and one of the very few times he smiles and relaxes from his responsibilities. His affection for the ex-king is real.

@msdot; @Heretorant @happivirus  @Narine Joa  @scrawford @Min2206 @mychoiyoung @Joanna Alfson @Thong Thin

:heart3:

My poor memory can't really recall how the ex-king looks like , however  I know our Daejang is sweet, humble, kind & affection not only to Imja but 

to all those who are closed to him. :wub:

@leeminhosny i love daejang in hoody :heart2beat:

@mademoisellesia waaaaaaaaaaaaa..... lady choi looks so young and trendy. What year was that pix taken ? :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

My poor memory can't really recall how the ex-king looks like , however  I know our Daejang is sweet, humble, kind & affection not only to Imja but to all those who are closed to him. :wub:

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

Thanks @CallieP for tagging me here.   Wow!  This thread has been around since 2012.
Hello to all the sunbae-nims here! :wub:

I love Daejang's smile in Epi 6 too.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

@Min2206, @CallieP, @Thong Thin, @scrawford, et al, I think it’s so surprising to see that sweet smile of his suddenly appear  in Ep 6 because he’s been so serious up until then. I remember seeing criticisms of his acting in Faith, that he was wooden. But duh, he’s emotionally dead in the first part and accurately portraying that. Plus he’s generally a more stoic character.  But once we stick around a bit we see what a beautiful portrayal he’s giving Choi Young. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1