1 hour ago, msdot said:

@Min2206, @CallieP, @Thong Thin, @scrawford, et al, I think it’s so surprising to see that sweet smile of his suddenly appear  in Ep 6 because he’s been so serious up until then. I remember seeing criticisms of his acting in Faith, that he was wooden. But duh, he’s emotionally dead in the first part and accurately portraying that. Plus he’s generally a more stoic character.  But once we stick around a bit we see what a beautiful portrayal he’s giving Choi Young. 

I have to say something here that I am a newbie to gif-making.  Not only that, being a newbie compared to the sunbae-nims who were long before, looking at the present page of 4,548, this thread has come a LONG WAY.  Sorry , if repeat some of the lovely gifs / vids / images that you guys would have posted previously.  Where possible,  I hope to backtrack these pages though it might kill me to crunch my time to do so .. :blush:

@msdot To be honest, I have heard about LMH 3 years ago  but I do not know how he is and what he is like as a real person / celebrity, and I read, a hallyu superstar.  I hear stuff about him, this and that from my friends.  He is amazingly popular and so loved by many.   Still, I did not go for his dramas.   Due to lockdown, I was binge-watching , got into TKEM (heard of his return from MS).  That was my first encounter with LMH.  Somehow I was looking forward to the weekly 2 episodes.  TKEM ended,  I felt something missing.   Not satisfied, I scanned a few of his dramas, was told to  see Faith (by recommendation from chingus in LMH thread).     I never once felt that he was wooden in Faith.  How he portrayed the struggles and commitment of Choi Young in his duty towards the king and his love for the lady!!   That was ACTING  !  He's good in TKEM, I feel him MORE in Faith.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

57 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

I have to say something here that I am a newbie to gif-making.  Not only that, being a newbie compared to the sunbae-nims who were long before, looking at the present page of 4,548, this thread has come a LONG WAY.  Sorry , if repeat some of the lovely gifs / vids / images that you guys would have posted previously.  Where possible,  I hope to backtrack these pages though it might kill me to crunch my time to do so .. :blush:

@msdot To be honest, I have heard about LMH 3 years ago  but I do not know how he is and what he is like as a real person / celebrity, and I read, a hallyu superstar.  I hear stuff about him, this and that from my friends.  He is amazingly popular and so loved by many.   Still, I did not go for his dramas.   Due to lockdown, I was binge-watching , got into TKEM (heard of his return from MS).  That was my first encounter with LMH.  Somehow I was looking forward to the weekly 2 episodes.  TKEM ended,  I felt something missing.   Not satisfied, I scanned a few of his dramas, was told to  see Faith (by recommendation from chingus in LMH thread).     I never once felt that he was wooden in Faith.  How he portrayed the struggles and commitment of Choi Young in his duty towards the king and his love for the lady!!   That was ACTING  !  He's good in TKEM, I feel him MORE in Faith.  

You have come to the right place, dear * HUGS * and hope you will enjoy your stay here.

Thanks to the lockdown you got to know LMH better, very glad to know you are looking forward to more of LMH dramas.

We welcome more gifs from you and you are absolutely 100% right about Choi Young. He is not wooden  ! :D

Do share with us  your views along your way :gangnamstyle:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Min2206 said:

I never once felt that he was wooden in Faith.  How he portrayed the struggles and commitment of Choi Young in his duty towards the king and his love for the lady!!   That was ACTING  !  He's good in TKEM, I feel him MORE in Faith.  

I agree. I was drawn into him from the get-go. I’ve never understood the criticisms of his acting. I was just saying that even if someone mistook his stoicism, as the series progresses he becomes less stoic, particularly to Imja. That’s also wonderful acting on his part, how he portrays that personal growth.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Calling all Faithlings: I've finally put an extensive written version of the series on the web, starting with the first 8 Episodes. I'll be adding the rest of the episodes in the next day or so.

Why write or read something that you can watch as a video? A written version is a good adjunct to the televised version because it can include more explanation of historical and personal events and the internal thoughts and emotions of the characters than is possible in a televised version. I've also drawn from a  few excerpts from Song Ji-na's novelized version and the script. 

If you'd like to take a look, here's the URL: 

https://archiveofourown.org/works/25290487/chapters/61317304

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2020 at 8:16 AM, Heretorant said:

Where did everyone go? Do you still keep in touch with Maja? I miss Gukja too! :bawling:

Do I have to answer that for you to know? Hehehe. You know lmh will always be my number 1. No one else can charm me the way he does. Looks like we’ve moved on from PBG? :lol: I still love him, just not as obsessed anymore lol. 

I was full out spazzing in TKEM’s thread. I participated in theorizing and trying to figure out what the hell was going on. After 12 episodes, I decided to just sit back and spazz away. Didn’t expect any less from me, did you? :lol:

I can’t believe I’m still here after 8 years! No kidding, I never thought I’d never be able to move on :lol:. I felt empty after watching TKEM, not because I wholeheartedly loved it but it was my drug for two months and I had nothing to look forward to so I decided to give Faith another watch and see if I still like it the same. I still love daejang and I still love the imja couple. And... i think it’s better than TKEM :sweatingbullets:. But but but imo, lmh improved from daejang to LG. 

Yes, yes, the hug happened when daejang confronted imja about agreeing to marry prince Deuk Heung to save his life. Jrowjsidhwoshsie I squealed! It all seems new to me because I haven’t watched it in so long. :happy:

I keep in touch with Gukja as a friend.

On 7/15/2020 at 6:03 AM, msdot said:

@Min2206, @CallieP, @Thong Thin, @scrawford, et al, I think it’s so surprising to see that sweet smile of his suddenly appear  in Ep 6 because he’s been so serious up until then. I remember seeing criticisms of his acting in Faith, that he was wooden. But duh, he’s emotionally dead in the first part and accurately portraying that. Plus he’s generally a more stoic character.  But once we stick around a bit we see what a beautiful portrayal he’s giving Choi Young. 

@Thong Thin We welcome more gifs from you and you are absolutely 100% right about Choi Young. He is not wooden  ! 

On 7/15/2020 at 3:46 PM, msdot said:

I agree. I was drawn into him from the get-go. I’ve never understood the criticisms of his acting. I was just saying that even if someone mistook his stoicism, as the series progresses he becomes less stoic, particularly to Imja. That’s also wonderful acting on his part, how he portrays that personal growth.

Agreed, he was wooden , stoic, expressionless in the beginning because that was how he was, uncaring, bored, tied to a position he did not care about, lazy and just wanting to sleep but he was still a respected and capable general. Actually Song Ji Na said that there was supposed to be a scene showing what CY did to gain the respect of his men but it never materialized. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Actually Song Ji Na said that there was supposed to be a scene showing what CY did to gain the respect of his men but it never materialized.

I inserted a version of that in my recap/adaptation. It’s at the beginning of Chapter 3.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

Actually Song Ji Na said that there was supposed to be a scene showing what CY did to gain the respect of his men but it never materialized. 

Spoiler

Woodalchi were being bullied by other groups of armies at the time. CY effortlessly beats them all up.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, msdot said:

I inserted a version of that in my recap/adaptation. It’s at the beginning of Chapter 3.

50 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Woodalchi were being bullied by other groups of armies at the time. CY easily beats them all up.

Oooh, i was reading your recap @msdot- now on chapter 4 - very well written and precise - as I was reading each para, line by line, my mind went back to reflect on each scene - haha! Silly me!  A smile came to my face - sweet moments indeed of the two :D awww

Is the scene which CY beats the soldiers up, where I could view @mademoisellesia?  Thank you

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Is the scene which CY beats the soldiers up, where I could view

Not shown or not filmed. It was either from the script or the novel (I'm sorry I can't remember precisely after 8 years). 

Remember there was a scene where CY joined the Woodalchi garracks and just slept all day loooong; Dol Bae was hit by his sword for trying to wake him up?

I think He finally woke up after few days, heard the others saying they were being bullied and saw a few Woodalchi returned with bruises.

He went and beat them up then goes back to Zzz (if my memory serves me right).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Oooh, i was reading your recap @msdot- now on chapter 4 - very well written and precise - as I was reading each para, line by line, my mind went back to reflect on each scene - haha! Silly me!  A smile came to my face - sweet moments indeed of the two :D awww

Is the scene which CY beats the soldiers up

@Min2206I'm so glad you're enjoying reading it!  I had a lot of fun writing it. It was a completely new kind of  thing for me to do. The scene you're referring to is in the script (don't know about the novel), but I had already included a version of it before seeing the script, having read about it in an interview with the screenwriter. 

And thank you again, @mademoisellesia for your kindness. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

Not shown or not filmed. It was either from the script or the novel (I'm sorry I can't remember precisely after 8 years). 

Remember there was a scene where CY joined the Woodalchi garracks and just slept all day loooong; Dol Bae was hit by his sword for trying to wake him up?

I think he finally woken up after few days, heard the others saying they were being bullied and saw a few Woodalchi returned with bruises.

The part which he slept all day and the sword can suddenly swing to hit Dol Bae's forehead was shown, yes!  but him beating up and back to sleep , no :(
Well, there were few scenes our Daejang went swish, swoosh wielding his sword gallantly -  Argggghhhh  , just when i am giving my heart to KT, now it's back to CY .. next when I see KT, i feel bad on CY  - ottoke! 

40 minutes ago, msdot said:

@Min2206I'm so glad you're enjoying reading it!  I had a lot of fun writing it. It was a completely new kind of  thing for me to do. The scene you're referring to is in the script (don't know about the novel), but I had already included a version of it before seeing the script, having read about it in an interview with the screenwriter. 

And thank you again, @mademoisellesia for your kindness. 

@msdot I would not know how to describe someone's writing .. myself am not so good in English (not mother's tongue).    All I can say is it was simple and easy to read and follow - maybe because I have seen the plots.   I like the path, the motion and the tone too! 
But have to admit, that I will need time to read ... because I have to squeeze time for soompi here, for drama, for life, for work, chores and bed time and daydreaming  :blush:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Awwww!!! When i saw this drama show up on the recent drama thread, I was so happy!!

4500+ pages and still growing!!

My Faithlings comrades are still here!!! Some of you were at the TKEM thread too.

:heart3:

I miss all of you guys and our times spent here to make this thread 4500+ pages!

ironically, my sis mentioned Faith to me earlier (she didn’t even watch the drama) about the ending and I told her not to even discuss the ending with me if she didn’t even watch the whole drama to begin with haha. 

made me miss all my Faithlings even more :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 7/16/2020 at 9:50 PM, mademoisellesia said:

I think He finally woke up after few days, heard the others saying they were being bullied and saw a few Woodalchi returned with bruises.

Yes, you are right. That is how he got his Woodalchi to be loyal to him. It was in the script and supposed to be in the drama but they could not do it, either not enough time to do that scene or some other reason. Song Ji Na mentioned it in her interview.

Watching episode 7 now. Just love the second half of this episode LMH was awesome here. How he barked at Imja about not knowing about the Hwago poison and unable to do anything about it. He was so agitated.  Then he had to kill the prince and then be rejected by Imja. Just love those scenes. He told the prince about heaven. You just see him express so many feelings in the last 20 minutes, frustration, agitation, sorrow, sadness, pleading, deflated, surrender, cynical.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CallieP said:

Watching episode 7 now. Just love the second half of this episode LMH was awesome here......... You just see him express so many feelings in the last 20 minutes, frustration, agitation, sorrow, sadness, pleading, deflated, surrender, cynical.

Sorry to cut your post @CallieP  I replaying Epi 7 because of you  --  the fighting scene between CY and that EJ (the flute man) , his police shield got broken to pieces and the moment he was forced to kneel down, to save his lady ES!   His expressions were daebak!

I wonder whether there is any bts / the making of this episode.

giphy.gif

Epi - 7 Can't you come with me?

@msdot  Thank you - am on Epi 17 recap. 

• Love 1