wait a second, some of that wavy hair was real? @Min2206 , kekekek... have been thinking that it was a wig like @msdot had mentioned. guess they added on extra pieces to give more volume? but hey, he is able to showcase it well in a t-shirt! but wonder if it bothered him that the fringe covers part of his left eye. it would drive me nuts. LOL. :lol:

P.S ~ chingus, do you have ideas for a poll to start things off? @Min2206 @H0ney @CallieP @mademoisellesia @msdot @UnniSarah @Ameera Ali @Thong Thin  @violetts

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

wait a second, some of that wavy hair was real? @Min2206 , kekekek... have been thinking that it was a wig like @msdot had mentioned. guess they added on extra pieces to give more volume? but hey, he is able to showcase it well in a t-shirt! but wonder if it bothered him that the fringe covers part of his left eye. it would drive me nuts. LOL. :lol:

I dont know @Lmangla.. come Epi 1 next Wed, let us all look and "cut" his hair yea ... i go left, u go right, they can go anywhere they, up bottom or bottoms up .. whichever

@msdot chingu who has been scrutinizing and some of you guys for over ?7 or? 8 years?  welll .. probably would have counted the nos of hair?  I am new here , you know. Just after TKEM, so pardon me please

Msdot said that his wavy hair was real at the last bit .. so we have to also progress with him over the next episodes and "graduate" with Daejang on his "growth"

to be honest, i can't stand the bangs on my eyes either .. esp thick bangs ... so I do not how he feels, unless you sunbae-nims here please share the BTS come first 2nd episodes next week.

115.jpg

174.jpg?w=479

9ec99df1gw1du50szll8gj.jpg?w=479

cr as tagged from kvanessach

Lee Min Ho – Incheon Airport depart for USA 15/06/12

I can post these pics , right ... I mean .. it was before Faith broadcast  [ Faith (Korean: 신의; Hanja: 信義; RR: Sin-ui; also known as The Great Doctor) is a 2012 South Korean television drama broadcast by SBS from August 13 to October 30, 2012 ]

They look real to me?   :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Since we're doing a rewatch, I thought why not start from the beginning? Before the show's on, we always have press conference!

So here it is!!!

ql1kti3.jpg

From left to right: Lee Philip (Jang Bin), Ryu Deok Hwan (King Gongmin), Park Se Young (Queen Noguk), Lee Min Ho (Choi Young), Kim Hee Sun (Yoo Eun Soo), Yu Oh Seong (Ki Chul), Shin Eun Jung (Hwa Su In) and Sung Hoon (Chun Eum Ja).

fH7ax3S.jpg

Hahahahahahaha what are these two doing?!! xD

Spoiler

SwFhD9f.jpg

7IgSaX1.jpgkTeDyJX.jpgR5Acssw.jpgJ8bzCtz.jpg

Kim Hee Sun is so cute... she makes so many faces during the press con... meanwhile, Lee Min Ho was captured giving out his best lip service

Spoiler

d9q4oyO.jpg

eZymfqu.jpgYq3mYS2.jpg

credit: Noname, Lemon_bab, Luxury Minho Emi (do NOT edit/cut off logos)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

ooh, thanks for posting those conference pics @mademoisellesia; am so used to seeing crew sort of co-ordinate their styles as well as colours for a conference. guess, they didn't do it as much then like now!

and since this is a saeguk and his character was part of the king's guard, did min ho have to take training? to handle swords? to do some fight choreography? to ride a horse?

and I remember thinking it was a strange pairing choice because the actress, kim hee sun, and him had quite an age gap. how did you chingus feel on that before watching? @Min2206 @H0ney @CallieP @Thong Thin @mademoisellesia @msdot @Ameera Ali @UnniSarah @violetts  -- I remember that initially found it a bit strange visually but once I got into the story, it made sense -- she was a specialty doctor and in our time, that is about an average 13-15 years of study.. and his character was someone fighting wars from a young age and so there is a different kind of maturity -- almost older than you are.. so once I started fighting, it didn't seem as jarring...

• Like 4
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Since we're doing a rewatch, I thought why not start from the beginning? Before the show's on, we always have press conference!

From left to right: Lee Philip (Jang Bin), Ryu Deok Hwan (King Gongmin), Park Se Young (Queen Noguk), Lee Min Ho (Choi Young), Kim Hee Sun (Yoo Eun Soo), Yu Oh Seong (Ki Chul), Shin Eun Jung (Hwa Su In) and Sung Hoon (Chun Eum Ja).

Sorry to cut your post @mademoisellesia   ...   thanks for all the PC pic and you HAVE their names listed ... cool !   Now I have to memorize them ... Oooh ... I didn't know the King , i mean that King GMin is that short and err ... the vixen lady is so demure - 2nd from the right ,right?  The guy extreme right is the flute charmer?  They looked so different.

I would like to ask something about Kim HS but will wait  ..... till....Lee Min Ho ♡ #Kdrama #Fashion till next Wed 19th.

Q     Will we be doing our response here OR the message chat, come 19th? 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

ooh, thanks for posting those conference pics @mademoisellesia; am so used to seeing crew sort of co-ordinate their styles as well as colours for a conference. guess, they didn't do it as much then like now!

and since this is a saeguk and his character was part of the king's guard, did min ho have to take training? to handle swords? to do some fight choreography? to ride a horse?

and I remember thinking it was a strange pairing choice because the actress, kim hee sun, and him had quite an age gap. how did you chingus feel on that before watching? @Min2206 @H0ney @CallieP @Thong Thin @mademoisellesia @msdot @Ameera Ali @UnniSarah @violetts  -- I remember that initially found it a bit strange visually but once I got into the story, it made sense -- she was a specialty doctor and in our time, that is about an average 13-15 years of study.. and his character was someone fighting wars from a young age and so there is a different kind of maturity -- almost older than you are.. so once I started fighting, it didn't seem as jarring...

HI chingu @Lmangla 

For the poll 

Which female lead doe Lee Min Ho has the best chemistry??

Spoiler

Kim Hee Sun, Kim Go-Eun, Park Shin-Hye, Ko Hey-Sun, Jun Ji-Hyun and Park Min-Young

It never crossed my mind. I watched this drama when it had already aired and bingeed watch it.  Knowing this was Saeguk, I wasn't surprised or bothered about the age group. The age group was right because she is from the Futire/Present and he was from the past. What worried me was would they have their happily ever after. @Min2206 Hi chingu How Do I find the chat room?

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

5 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Q     Will we be doing our response here OR the message chat, come 19th? 

just post your responses here just like you would in a regular drama thread.

re: @UnniSarah ...

I would like to ask something about Kim HS but will wait  ..... till....

now am curious about your question. kekekek....

am looking at the pic of lee min ho you posted in costume and wondering how much fabric he had to wear -- was it summer when they filmed? and how are those hand cuffs tied? is it a separate piece? .. kekeke, don't mind me -- you will find I tend to ramble on random stuff. LOL. any idea, where the drama was filmed?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1

25 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

Just saw your Q - reply below

13 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

HI chingu @Lmangla 

For the poll 

Which female lead doe Lee Min Ho has the best chemistry??

Hide contents

Kim Hee Sun, Kim Go-Eun, Park Shin-Hye, Ko Hey-Sun, Jun Ji-Hyun and Park Min-Young

Poll is ongoing - guess we will know soon.

10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

just post your responses here just like you would in a regular drama thread.

re: @UnniSarah ...

am looking at the pic of lee min ho you posted in costume and wondering how much fabric he had to wear -- was it summer when they filmed? and how are those hand cuffs tied? is it a separate piece? .. kekeke, don't mind me -- you will find I tend to ramble on random stuff. LOL. any idea, where the drama was filmed?

Ahhhh @Lmangla So it would be here, great!  Was hoping here too so that the FAITH forum grows.   Thanks for the prompt response , to me and @UnniSarah

On the training, wielding and spinning the sword - I guess one has to. Maybe, later, chingus here will reply on this.   I saw the trainer was on hand at site during BTS to assist and guide - were there stuntmans / womens too? Thought I remember seeing....

On the age gap, it's a 10-year gap.  He was cute back then, don't get me wrong .. he's still cute now - ohme gosh - you guys will come after me!  Means youngish cute in his way - supposed to be like 5 year difference in drama but irl - 10 year gap.  To be honest,  I DID NOT feel the gap .. so it's allgood!  Just a bit about KHS -- will ask the Q come 19th .... !  @Lmangla

Q  When was the scriptreading ?  
Q  When was the 1st shooting, as asked by @Lmangla .... probably early spring towards summer, then yes, the layering will make him and the cast SWEAT  ( I remember one scene where Imja helped to put up his gear / armour on his innerwear or what you call it - he prob wears a tee before that innerwear , then armour, then belt, cuffs and whatever ... we haven't touch the leg cuffs ala socks, boots, hairband yet ...  

How i love my present attire now - tee , jeans or shorts with one occasional hoodie

• Like 3
  • Love 1

How i love my present attire now - tee , jeans or shorts with one occasional hoodie

aren't we blessed! :)  always wonder how we would feel if we got transported in another time and try to figure out how to wear these new style of clothes. from my vague memory, it feels like they showed this with the doctor character here? or was it another drama? :sweatingbullets: hahahahha...

especially in this dramas that require fight scenes, always wonder about the sword -- is it some sort of plastic? real ones can be quite heavy and how do you handle a weapon without hurting anyone? even if fake, the choreography needs to be both artful as well as fun to watch! so yea, wonder how much time it took to learn those... do any chingus know if min ho had any sort of martial art/judo/tae kwon do type training before he took up this drama?

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

I gotta admit, I'm loving this Faith revival :piggydance:

You guys are making it hard to focus on work and keeping up with this thread, what with all these gorgeous HD pictures of our cast :ph34r:

(Looking at you @mademoisellesia, @Min2206, @Lmangla)

51 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

Honestly didn't mind the age gap one bit. It didn't seem weird 8 years ago, still doesn't seem weird today.

I guess it's because the characters are so well written, it really feels all natural and the chemistry between the two is nuclear level hot, so it just... fits ? I think LMH and KHS both got a perfect sense of how their characters clicked, and they made it work so well on screen, the age gap is not perceptible at all.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

posting some stills -- @violetts -- this is of other characters. so you shouldn't get distracted. hahahah....

I don't remember this guy at all. what character did he play? maybe I also watched this 8 years like @H0ney? really can't remember when I watched this drama...

and why does this look remind me of some stylish bathrobe? LOL. :sweatingbullets:

joseon style mask -- different from what we wear but somewhat same like our current times? kekeke...:lol: 

Faith-00026.jpg

did the stylist really like this peach colour? even our doctor got a similar shade as this stranger on top... ooh, am liking her jewelry!

faith41.jpg

wait a second, did this actor have a cameo? I don't remember this at all.. this looks like the actor from five chidren, ahn jae wook....

Faith-0072.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

@Lmangla

The 10 years gap wasn't a problem for me either. LMH had always been more mature looking than his real age anyway. Plus he played Daejang, who's mentally more mature as well. Their characters just matched for the story. In real life, Kim Hee Sun is really bubbly and playful so you can't tell she's 10 years older than him.

Martial training - not sure about Faith. He has gone to action school when he did City Hunter so I'd imagine the same for Faith. He was not the first choice for male lead. It was offered to Lee Jun Ki who tend had to turn it down because of army duty. Then Kang Ji Hwan. News here. I'm glad LMH took the role...otherwise I'm not sure I'll love Faith and Daejang the same way.

Script reading - No idea. Don't think there were any photos published.

First shooting - May 24, 2012 (according to the news info from Page 1). They shot it in summer. LMH was dying from the heat even if he didn't get stabbed by imja.

:Megalol:

23456d52.jpg

... you have lots of questions, Lmangla!!! LOL

That's Jang Bin, the Goryeo doctor. And yes, Eun Soo has to have red hair because it's the red hair that made her stood out (and supposedly her voice according to the novel).

• Like 4

oooh, didn't know that lee min ho wasn't the first choice @mademoisellesia. thanks for sharing. ...

c02ed6e18985ca65ee823bcd35402ec6.jpg

alright, chingus, have put a poll (top of page) for a random funny question - what would you miss if you ended up time traveling into the past? hahahah.... @Min2206 @H0ney @CallieP @Thong Thin @mademoisellesia @msdot @Ameera Ali @UnniSarah @violetts  ... curious to know what people would pick! :D

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

Faith/The Great Doctor -- Beautiful costumes | シンイ, シンイ 信義, 信義
Pin by NADA' on Lee MinHo | Lee min ho, Lee min ho faith, Lee min

Vingle - Faith Lee Min Ho Desktop Wallpaper on We Heart It

@Lmangla  Earlier you posted two pics of the Faith posters which showed LMH armoured gear.   Don't think we are allowed to re-quote that, so I have to go find something similar -- 3 above?    Just wondering whether in the past did any chingu collate his armour / gear / costumes - types and nos?   Don't think I have time to go back 4.500 over Faith  pages to read .. as of now, I have not even completed LMH's side :sweatingbullets:

30 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@Lmangla

The 10 years gap wasn't a problem for me either. LMH had always been more mature looking than his real age anyway. Plus he played Daejang, who's mentally more mature as well.

Script reading - No idea. Don't think there were any photos published.

First shooting - May 24, 2012 (according to the news info from Page 1). They shot it in summer. LMH was dying from the heat even if he didn't get stabbed by imja.

... you have lots of questions, Lmangla!!! LOL

That's Jang Bin, the Goryeo doctor. And yes, Eun Soo has to have red hair because it's the red hair that made her stood out (and supposedly her voice according to the novel).

Again, thanks @mademoisellesia for the info, guess more will come - I began to appreciate more of the drama now with details streaming in,  soon with you guys on the re-watch (will be 3rd for me).  But on 19th, I got 2 dates , lunch and dinner .. ottoke

May 2012 -  One was holding a battery-operated fan, one manual fan and one hand on his bangs, to allow some fresh air ... he was HOT!  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@Lmangla

It's a hard pick! My choice would be all.

1. Laptop - I can't leave my Oppas!

2. Phone - How will I keep in contact with you all and play in Soompi?

3. Food - I need ice cream!!! Oooh now that you reminded me. I bought green tea red bean ice cream today!

4. Clothes - Jeans & tee shirt are the best!!

5. Bathroom - OMG, yes, I need modern toilet! Having been to China 20 years ago and I can confirm how bad ancient times will be like.

Others:

6. My soft bed and pillow

7. Hot water shower

8. My car

@Min2206 Yes dear, we had a fashion poll back then. We also had a Daejang's hairstyle poll.

It's one of the fun things I was thinking of reviving after the recap :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1

10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

oooh, didn't know that lee min ho wasn't the first choice @mademoisellesia. thanks for sharing. ...

alright, chingus, have put a poll (top of page) for a random funny question - what would you miss if you ended up time traveling into the past? hahahah.... @Min2206 @H0ney @CallieP @Thong Thin @mademoisellesia @msdot @Ameera Ali @UnniSarah @violetts  ... curious to know what people would pick! :D

Huh!  I can only choose ONE ???  

what about the present LMH ... would he be there in the past?  I will sure miss him !   

4 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@Lmangla

It's a hard pick! My choice would be all.

1. Laptop - I can't leave my Oppas!

2. Phone - How will I keep in contact with you all and play in Soompi?

3. Food - I need ice cream!!!

4. Clothes - Jeans & tee shirt are the best!!

5. Bathroom - OMG, yes, I need modern toilet! Having been to China 20 years ago and I can confirm how bad ancient times will be like.

Others:

6. My soft bed and pillow

7. Hot water shower

8. My car

@Min2206 Yes dear, we had a fashion poll back then. We also had a Daejang's hairstyle poll.

It's one of the fun things I was thinking of reviving after the recap :)

I didnt know I can pick all .. i follow you sunbae-nim @mademoisellesia  ( argghhh, why do you have such a long name?)  there are so many  madem ... sobbing

If the rest are okay, can we have the recap , i beg you please .......

I was JUST  thinking .. if LMH comes along , to the past, guess I don't need the phone and laptop to look at him .. he would be there ... just thinking aloud

• LOL 5

@Lmangla I'd definitely pick my phone with an unlimited plan :D with extra batteries, so I can show all the palace officers and citizens all the cool things they missed out on.

And coffee. Can't go without my caffeine.

Also wouldn't mind traveling back in time to meet one of those Daejangs, especially one that looks like LMH (don't tell my bf that, he doesnt need to know shhhhh). 

46 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Knowing how hot and sticky summers in Korea are, I can't imagine how uncomfortable they must have been, filming in warm weather with all those layers on. It's like robes upon robes upon robes. Aygooo.

• LOL 4

:lol: LOL... @mademoisellesia @Min2206, kekeke.... am loving your explanations but if you had to pick one bare modern necessity that would be very hard to miss, which would that be for the poll?

The_Great_Doctor-0057.jpg

P.S ~ kekeke... @Min2206, there is no way for any of us to back read all these 4000 pages LOL unless we have lots of time on our hands. so lets post and share pics starting from the re-watch page.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

Behind the Scenes released before episode 1 was aired...

17th July 2012

24th July 2012

31st July 2012

Those of you rewatching, tonight is premiere night - episode 1 (rewatch) and tomorrow is episode 2. I'm contributing my part now by paving the way for your discussion/comment posts on 19/8 - 25/8. Enjoy!!

• Like 3
  • Naughty 1