[Drama 2023] Family, 패밀리

larus

February 8 2023

Jang Hyuk & Jang Na-Ra cast in tvN drama “Family”

Family_Korean_Drama-a00.jpg

Jang Hyuk and Jang Na-Ra are cast in tvN drama series “Family.” Also cast in major supporting roles are Chae Jung-An and Kim Nam-Hee. “Family” will mark the 4th time Jang Hyuk and Jang Na-Ra will work together following “Bright Girl’s Success,” “You Are My Destiny,” and “Drama Festival 2014: Old Goodbye.” The drama series “Family” features a family-spy-comedy script with Jang Hyuk playing a secret agent, who holds an ordinary office job by day, and Jang Na-Ra playing his wife.

“Family” will first air April, 2023 in South Korea (taking over tvN’s Monday & Tuesday 9PM time slot after “Our Blooming Youth“).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Kwon Do-Hoon (Jang Hyuk) is married to Kang Yoo-Ra (Jang Na-Ra). He is a secret agent for the NIS (National Intelligence Service) and a veteran sniper with a quick and highly accurate shot. By day, he disguises himself as an ordinary employee for a trading company. Even his wife Kang Yoo-Ra believes he holds an ordinary office job. Kwon Do-Hoon is busy with his work, so he is unable to spend much time with Kang Yoo-Ra. Nevertheless, he loves his wife more than anything else. Meanwhile, Kang Yoo-Ra always dreamed of having a perfect family. She met Kwon Do-Hoon and married him. She works as a housewife and does it well, but she has a secret that nobody knows about.

Tae-Koo (Kim Nam-Hee) appears in front of Kwon Do-Hoon and Kang Yoo-Ra. His appearance shakes the peaceful life of Kwon Do-Hoon and Kang Yoo-Ra.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/jang-hyuk-jang-na-ra-cast-in-tvn-drama-family

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] Family, 패밀리- Jang Hyuk & Jang Na Ra- Premieres on April 17th

I almost wanna cry - my favorite couple is going to be back in April! :yay:

1675819775-family-02.jpg

Who's gonna watch this?

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

how could you.. forget to tag @Sleepy Owl?? that's his goddess noona JANG NA RA!!

Dr House Oops GIF

@Lmangla sweetie, I am so excited about this drama. The synopsis states that the wife doesn’t know about her husband’s identity as an agent / sniper. But that she also is harboring a big secret that no one else knows about. If this is a Mr and Mrs Smith situation it will be too predictable, so am hoping her secret will be of a different character.

Do we know what genre this is?

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

Definitely watching this one! Thankfully it starts in April and not now, because I’m seriously having a hard time keeping up with the four dramas I’m watching right now. @africandramalover I don’t know how you do it. :lol:

Should be fun to see Jang Hyuk and Jang Na Ra be husband and wife the entire show. And I love that in the synopsis it says he basically adores her more than anything else. :wub:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

News bites: February 8, 2023

by tccolb

0006618008_001_20230208081401550.jpg
Jang Hyuk, Jang Nara, Chae Jung-ahn, Kim Nam-hee

• tvN’s new Family will be bringing us a secret agent Jang Hyuk (Red Heart) and his unbeknownst loving wife Jang Nara (Sell Your Haunted House), marking the actors’ fourth (!) time working together. Also starring Chae Jung-ahn (King of Pigs) and Kim Nam-hee (Reborn Rich), the action-comedy cannot come soon enough this April with Jung Yoo-sun (That Man, Oh Soo) penning the scripts and co-directing by PD Jang Jung-do and PD Lee Jung-mok. [News1]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/02/news-bites-february-8-2023/

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, partyon said:

@Lmangla sweetie, I am so excited about this drama. The synopsis states that the wife doesn’t know about her husband’s identity as an agent / sniper. But that she also is harboring a big secret that no one else knows about. If this is a Mr and Mrs Smith situation it will be too predictable, so am hoping her secret will be of a different character.

Do we know what genre this is?

according to DB, it is supposed to be "action comedy" -- I am hoping her secret will be something super scandalous and funny. mr and mrs smith situation is too boring. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

On 2/9/2023 at 12:30 AM, partyon said:

@africandramalover Am counting on you, chingu!

Of course I'm watching!! I want "Fated to Love You" level kiss scenes though,especially the presscon kiss. They better not flake on me!!!:joy:

@the_sweetroad the trick is to watch them in the middle of the night (because priority is work) then trim the drama list to the essentials (because KDramas are kinda boring nowadays) :D

• LOL 3