[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

Ep 5 was funny and cute but I am over the typical love quadrangles and petty jealousy. I felt ep 6 dragged and only got interesting near the end. The writing is so uneven and inconsistent! Next weeks seems more promising. 

Am I the only one annoyed by the modern eyeliners for the Jin ladies? Also the modern mirrors and boxes (prompts) - stood out too much. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

On 7/4/2022 at 12:59 PM, Shining tiara said:

UK who knows both identity of hers and not aware of his real feeling yet.

I think he already acknowledge what he felt for Mu deok. The way he tease her about getting married as if he wants to see what would be her reaction. I hope the hong sisters to give this drama a happy ending that we deserve. Please let Uk and Mudeok tovhave a happily ever after. (Im not yet forgotten about the open ending of korean odyssey). 

Working graveyard shift. The first drama of LJW that i watched was memories of Alhambra. He’s a bad RickRoll'D in that drama. Then follow the drama with Go Ara. Mostly i watch kdrama if I knew who are the cast in it and specifically romcom genre. Coz im the type of viewer who also cries if the plot is sad, reason why i am avoiding sad genre. 

Anyway I’m just talking to you all since It’s my breaktime. And had nothing do but to lurk in this thread. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

in the next episode, the scene where Mudeok kisses Yul is probably in the mirror, it will probably be some kind of dream?!! I will be disappointed, I know Mudeok won't kiss him but I wish it was real like even if she is possessed by the mirror, but I have the impression that the scene where the boys go in the cave is right at the start of the next episode, so Mudeok would still be stuck in it

But Cho yeon is jealous, i hope that Mudeok will no be punished for be trapped

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, marrez1 said:

in the next episode, the scene where Mudeok kisses Yul is probably in the mirror, it will probably be some kind of dream?!! I will be disappointed, I know Mudeok won't kiss him but I wish it was real like even if she is possessed by the mirror, but I have the impression that the scene where the boys go in the cave is right at the start of the next episode, so Mudeok would still be stuck in it

on one hand, i'm wishing those scenes where Mirror Mu Deok went to stir the feelings of Crown Prince and Yul might be just flashes of the dark and evil thoughts popping in for Mu Deok to see while being trapped inside the mirror..

yet on the other hand, i think if its the Mirror Mu Deok out in the real world tempting and seducing Crown Prince and Yul.. it might be a catalyst for them to fasten and realize their feelings for her, even if not in a romantic way. they do value the friendship (or rather, her existence lol since she doesn't really acknowledge them as friends) and would not hesitate to rescue her after discovering that the one arousing them is an evil spirit and she is in danger somewhere.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

The Won (Crown Prince)/Mudeok 'ship is fast-gaining popularity on social media.:sweat_smile: Viewers are still soft for a tsundere hero after all (Uk is also one though). But I still prefer them as besties. She's the perfect confidant for him and I like their banters. 

As for Choyeon being jealous towards Mudeok, I am just waiting to see how Danggu can somehow win her affections. They're a minor 'ship but I want Danggu to be happy because he is such a good guy.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Mudeok is likely the Jin’s missing eldest daughter. Also, it make sense, considering she’s constantly being compared to a “bird.” When she entered the Jin household, the birds acted ecstatic/erratic; as if they recognized a long lost person. I suspect Jinmu is the reason for her disappearance, and her going blind. I read some fan theory, and they suggested that Buyeon (the Jin’s eldest daughter) might be a powerful being, and Jinmu might have done something to her which could be the reason he was expelled from that household. Buyeon was destined to inherit the Jin’s title had she not gone missing (or presumed dead :crazy:), which now passes to Choyeon. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

On 7/4/2022 at 1:30 AM, sadthe1st said:

its the Room of Requirements lol soon,

the vanishing cupboard, the goblet and the sword of gryffindor will appear as well.. oh wait, goblet = elephant pot that tripped Cho Yeon.. sword of gryffindor = Jang Gang's sword

meant to be a joke!

haha

:lol: So true Harry P!

And do you think Jang Uk will fall under Cho Yeon's magic perfume (spelled) love letter?

I'm wondering what kind of excuse Uk gave Cho Yeon this time for her 2nd proposal.

CY: "Uukie, let's get married, I will save your life"

Uk : "Thanks again babe, I'm falling in love with someone else" (And it's her sister!)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Another victim of jang gang ahjussi oppa in here. Without knowing that he will be dissapear at the end of ep 1 :Megalol:

miss J watching ep 1 this afternoon at office and sent me messages on Whatsapp.. 

miss J: mom Gumiho, the prince jang is very handsome. Will be keep falling in love until the end :love:

me: WKWKWKWK which prince of Jang? The old one or the young one?

miss J: do we have a young prince Jang?

me: HUA HAHAHA :hwaiting2: another victim of old oppa :Megalol:congrats ya.. keep your love until our ahjussi oppa comes back hahaha.. 

• LOL 5

9 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

And do you think Jang Uk will fall under Cho Yeon's magic perfume (spelled) love letter?

she did mention to Dang Gu to ensure no women around Jang Uk when he reads the letter.. but i'm 101% that Mu Deok will be there..

Child Smile GIF

and Cho Yeon will whine and kick a fuss when she finds out..

==

btw, where are Seo Yul's parents? he seems to be alone? and the founder of Songrim (master of Teacher Lee) is supposedly Seo Yul's grandfather/great grandfather?

and,

where is Dang Gu's parents? why is there only Park Jin his uncle?

could it be related to the massacre of Naksu's family?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

Chingus, I'm still baffled by the Episode 5 scene. Why Crown Prince kept a Cinnamon scented sachet with him. Well maybe he just love Cinnamon wonderful fragrance, right.

But, isn't Cinnamon wine taste kinda 'yikes'? too sweet? - 

So, out of the topic drama - according to google :lol:, aside for lovely baking essence usage of cinnamon- I accidentally read that Cinnamon is highly potent aphrodisiac, especially for men.

Then I realize that Master Lee told Jang Uk he can make a potent tonic to cure that Chaste tea effect LOL LOL, then it must be a CINNAMON tonic?!!

The question is back to why Crown Prince love Cinnamon, Hahaha I cannot help my self thinking that CP did sacrifice himself drinking Chaste tea and he has a Master skill. Who's the teacher anyway.

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

Finally finished ep 5 (took me 4 hours to complete) and ep 6 (took me over 2 h to complete). :sweats:

Yes, agree with @Yinye chingu: the writing is inconsistent.

In any case, ep 5 gave us a lot of new clues - much more than ep 6 did. Let's break them down!

:wow1:

• Mu Deok and Naksu are sharing Mu Deok's body. That's why it's not breaking down despite a soul shifter being inside it. Since both ladies are strong mages, they are able to keep the balance. Very fascinating indeed, but it worries me what will happen when it's time to separate the souls.
    (That's why I am still holding on to the theory that Naksu's body wasn't burned but is still in fact in stasis...)
  • Mu Deok is the Jin family unnie. Her family is the most powerful mage family in Songrim. They're even able to dethrone the King. This will for sure be used once the final showdown between the evil King and Songrim starts...
  • Naksu's father went berserk (probably after a soul swapping gone awry or wrong) and had to be killed off in order to protect the rest of the people around them. I feel like this is a horrible misunderstanding and once Naksu learns that the 4 mages killed her father - not due to malice - but in order to save others from him, she will forgive them.
    Jin Mu has been feeding her lies throughout her upbringing to keep the hate against the mages - just in order to benefit from it himself.... Jin Mu is one mean ahjussi :rage:
  • Master Lee seems to be the greatest mage of them all. He possesses powers others don't. I am very intrigued to learn more about him!
  • Jin Mu is the evil mastermind in this drama and he is the one orchestrating all of this for his own gain. He kidnapped Naksu as a child - wouldn't surprise me if he were also behind Mu Deok's disappearance. He wants to get rid of all of Songrim in order to rule by himself.
  • @Gumiho I am also missing Jang Gang but he's out there either looking for something or trying to achieve something in order to help Uk. Jang Gang will be back. :glasses:
  • @PororoQueen The cinnamon tonic - wanna know my theory why the Crown Prince has it?
    You see, it's become very clear that Crown Prince is not a bad dude. But the people around him are. The King is still alive somewhere in someone's body (I will get back to that in a bit). Jin Mu is for sure feeding the Crown Prince Chaste Tea as seen in ep 5. Why? Crown Prince must not get heirs in order for the evil King to gain back his power.
    So is Crown Prince carrying around the cinnamon as an anti-dote against the Chaste Tea (if he knows that he is being poisoned by it) or is it another poison used to harm him? Time will tell...

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST:

:evilelmo:

• This is currently mine and @Sleepy Owl's theory on where the King's soul resides currently. Bear with us for a sec. It might get crazy. :joy:
    Ep 5 revealed to us that Jin Mu and his assistants are actually working for the Queen. It was made very clear that she is the real deal in the royal family and that they are merely following her orders. Jin Mu & co are serving her - not the current king - her! Suspicious, no?
    :notsureifserious:
    So we think that the evil ex-King is actually residing in the Queen's body - not in the Eunuch's body. There have been clues that she is not innocent at all and Jin Mu would have likely struck up a deal with the ex-King before ex-King's body died. Jin Mu would benefit from the ex-King still being alive in one form or the other.
    Also,we saw that Jin Mu is the one sending her the medicinal herbs and the Queen is surely using them for her own gain (to keep her body in shape) and/or to poison others around her.
    The ex-King's ultimate goal is to get back his power. The way he would do that is to make sure his son Uk is strong. He might even want to soul shift into Uk's body when the time is right - just in order to stay in power. :scream:

Oh and the end game? It's gonna be:

• Naksu and Yul (I want to believe Naksu will be able to go back to her old body)
  • Mu Deok and Uk
  • Cho Yeon and Dang Gu
  • Maidservant and mage Park Jin
  • Crown Prince will die - someone needs to be sacrificed in this game

heard-it-here-first-moira.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, partyon said:

Crown Prince will die - someone needs to be sacrificed in this game

NOOOOO.... 

:fear:

he is such a nice guy, maybe someone will pop up along the way and he can be a couple with her..

Alchemy_of_Souls-Hong_Seo-Hui.jpg

cr.: owner

maybe this? asianwiki said she is Heo Yoon Ok from the infirmary lol

• LOL 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, LadyIgraine said:

is she Heo Yeom’s daughter?

i'm not too sure, i think she came out in the earlier episodes where Jang Uk was poisoned?

i re-watched ep1 and saw that apparently Jang Gang had been doing multiple forbidden soul shifting before, and dumping the petrified bodies into the lake.. and Jin Mu is assisting him. but why? he could even successfully shift a soul into a dead person body (although it only lasted alive for a year).. if he is capable of doing this, does that also suggest Teacher Lee might be able to help Naksu with the same magic next time?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, partyon said:

Mu Deok is the Jin family unnie. Her family is the most powerful mage family in Songrim. They're even able to dethrone the King. This will for sure be used once the final showdown between the evil King and Songrim starts

He's not going to come back for awhile until he finishes the other show 'Eve'.

I missed the scene revealing the hooded guy's identity. Makes sense that he's the mastermind. I like fantasy shows but I have problems keeping up with the stories here. 

MD may be the eldest daughter but there is no way she could be a powerful mage. Before Naksu entered her body, she was weak. Her blindness should not be a barrier to her other abilities. Her memories of her abilities should be there. There was no struggle when Naksu took over her body. I think she was a sweet normal peasant girl who will meet her prince like a fairy tale. 

I want Naksu to pay for the killings she did, perhaps not with her life but definitely something. Her victims deserve vindication.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

26 minutes ago, maribella said:

MD may be the eldest daughter but there is no way she could be a powerful mage

I believe she was as there is no way she wouldn’t have inherited her family’s powers.  I suspect Jin Mu is once again behind the fact that she has been living as weak Mu Deok for

over 10 years. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1