[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

If only a Jin can open the door to Jinyowon, then it looks like Mu-Deok is at least in part Jin, looks like we may have the older sisters hiding place.

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

The Mirror - "so it is you" ... "it has been along time"  ... does the Mirror recognize the older sister?

2 hours ago, iamsherry said:

Now we know what was the real identity of Mu deok. A powerful ice stone that possesses the power of fire earth and water That explains how was she able to use her energy when comes or near in place with a presence of great energy or power.

between @LeftCoastOppa and @iamsherry , i seem to agree with both although it still contradicts.

Mu Deok might be a vessel created to house the Ice Stone.. she does not need to be a Jin to open the door, because she is the source of energy that created all the relics and artefacts inside. the mirror recognizing her, could mean she is the missing Bu Yeon, but could also mean its met its creator.. the Ice Stone.

then comes the conflicting part.. why Salsapi (Gwigu) only recognized Mu Deok as a soul shifter but not its Maker?

the rest of the artefact and relic seems to recognize "its the blind girl!".. means Bu Yeon soul inside, or the Ice Stone?

if Mu Deok has been the Ice Stone, where did Jin Mu (or his secret trader) get the black powder to make much more soul ejector balls? is that trader supposedly, the Queen who might have soul shifted?

==

ok i dislike Cho Yeon and her mom.. hopefully there is a chance for them to redeem themselves in the episodes ahead..

• Like 4

Here is the ratings for Episode 7! :).

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls” held onto its spot at first place in its time slot across all cable channels despite a decrease in viewership. The fantasy romance drama scored an average nationwide rating of 5.3 percent for its seventh episode.

“Alchemy of Souls” also remained first place in its time slot among viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned a nationwide average of 3.0 percent.

“Why Her?” Returns To No. 1 In Time Slot As Other Dramas See Decline In Ratings | Soompi

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

cr.: owner

seems like Mu Deok was injured during the bad guy and Jang Uk confrontation.. and Seo Yul still healed her despite knowing she is Naksu..

:biubiu:

and i'm glad Naksu learnt of her dad being a soul shifter, so it cleared the misunderstanding the 4 leaders killing her dad..

• Like 7

@frozentundra I have to agree with you about Jang Wook’s character and his development. From the beginning, he has been quite smart and was able to figure out that it was Naksu in Mu Deok’s body. I like that he uses his brain and in episode 7, he knew that something was up with Mu Deok and taking him to the temple so he demanded she tell him what’s going on. I think the soul shifting will be interesting and I’m curious to see how long Gil Joo will be in Jang Wook’s body. Ugh I think I also really like Wook because it’s Lee Jae Wook playing him :lol:

@iamsherry I think the same thing as well and that Mu Deok is the ice stone, but people are saying that she is still part of the Jin family. I feel like though, the reason why she was able to open the door and break the mirror is because of the ice stone power. But there is still a possibility that she is part of the Jin family and the ice stone is inside of her? 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

the rest of the artefact and relic seems to recognize "its the blind girl!".. means Bu Yeon soul inside, or the Ice Stone?

1 hour ago, ferily said:

@iamsherry I think the same thing as well and that Mu Deok is the ice stone, but people are saying that she is still part of the Jin family. I feel like though, the reason why she was able to open the door and break the mirror is because of the ice stone power. But there is still a possibility that she is part of the Jin family and the ice stone is inside of her? 

I do not believe that Mu-Deok IS the Ice Stone - she may have absorbed it/or its power somehow, but she is a real person, not a construct to house the stone.  I don't think the Ice Stones power, disproves a possible Jin heritage - from the intro we know the relics were made with the power of the Ice Stone, what sense would it make to craft the door locks with the same type of magic?  (disclaimer: trying to use logic in a fantasy setting):lol:

Now to throw some other disjointed possibilities into the mix - rewatch the Episode 7 intro - the original mage performing the rain ritual is blindfolded - additionally, at the end of Teacher Lee's narration there is a scene where the surviving mage that has won the Ice Stone (Songrims Founder) is holding the Ice Stone as it emits clouds of mist, he looks off into to the mists and see the silhouette of a man and a woman ... tell me that doesn't look like Jang Uk and a blindfolded Mu-Deok

A prophecy? Vision of the future?   ... whatever it is I'm liking it.

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

if Mu Deok has been the Ice Stone, where did Jin Mu (or his secret trader) get the black powder to make much more soul ejector balls? is that trader supposedly, the Queen who might have soul shifted?

If the Ice Stone was created before the founding of Songrim and the mages fought a war for it, perhaps the soul ejectors were created before the Ice Stone fell into the hands of Songrims founder - Or perhaps like all the other tainted artifacts, the Ice Stone was given to the Jin family to guard.  Someone, perhaps the Jin father or first daughter found out it was being used to still craft the Soul Ejectors and tried to stop whoever it was - perhaps thats how the Ice Stone came to reside in human form ... either an accident while trying to use it, or an attempt to hide it from those with nefarious intent.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

@ferily @LeftCoastOppa

actually we’re in thesis defense now in every episode:Megalol:

Where many situations are contradictory to each other, while the only certain thing here is Jin Mu to cause great threat to Jang Uk. He knew the weaknesses of souls switching. I think JM is the villain why  bu yeon disappeared from the Jin’s family. 

And the naksu we saw in first episode might be naksu in different  body. In

Naksu’s point of view she said she came back in this world as naksu after her father’s death now she’s mudeok. 

I still  believe that BY is the great soul in Mu deok body. That the Bu Yeon possesses the energy of ice stone. And made it possible for her to open the relics room gate. 

• Like 5

I enjoyed Episode 7 so much and cannot wait for tonight's Episode 8!!

Although I am still trying to figure out Mu Deok's real identity. She's so mysterious, and it seemed that she's not a simple blind girl.

Questions on my mind right now...

1) Is she the long lost Jin Bu-Yeon?

2) Is she the ice stone in human form?

15 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

but she is a real person, not a construct to house the stone.

definitely a real person.. since she had parents who slaved hard to cure the disease but died of sickness?

, he looks off into to the mists and see the silhouette of a man and a woman ... tell me that doesn't look like Jang Uk and a blindfolded Mu-Deok

i didn't event realize that hahaha

Jang Uk and Mu Deok (be it Naksu or Bu Yeon) might be the last 2 who need to uncover their mage skills, join forces with Seo Yul and Dang Gu and defeat Jin Mu and destroy the Ice Stone. sounds like power rangers here lol

perhaps the soul ejectors were created before the Ice Stone fell into the hands of Songrims founder

but more soul ejectors were crafted, you saw the scene where the soul shifter eunuch kim handed Jin Mu a chest with more new soul ejectors?

i'm still suspecting the queen has something to do with it..

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

but more soul ejectors were crafted, you saw the scene where the soul shifter eunuch kim handed Jin Mu a chest with more new soul ejectors?

i'm still suspecting the queen has something to do with it..

Yes, I saw that scene, but how do we know when those were crafted?  Were they crafted before the Songrim founding and are the last relics of the mages war or were they crafted recently by someone?  They could be a few years old or centuries.

If the person crafting them is still living, then that person must be searching for Mu-Deok desperately as they can't craft anymore without the Ice Stone.

• Like 2

I just want episode 8 to be here ASAP :weary: I want to know what’s going to happen to Jang Wook! Waiting for the next episodes for this drama is painful… Why do I have a bad feeling that we’re going to get a bad cliffhanger for episode 8.. :sad1:

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

If the person crafting them is still living, then that person must be searching for Mu-Deok desperately as they can't craft anymore without the Ice Stone.

Jang Gang might know where to find the supply of the black powder.. and Jin Mu being a servant to him and helping him disposing the wild soul shifter bodies, might know as well..

the regular gifting of medicinal herbs to the queen.. might be the powder

there are a few missing people here

the founder of Songrim (Teacher Lee's teacher)

Bu Yeon

Jang Gang

and mystery of identity

ex King - is he really dead?

Mu Deok - what's her link to everyone..

the Queen - who is she actually? soul shifter?

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook And Shin Seung Ho Prepare To Clash Swords In “Alchemy Of Souls”

New stills for tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls” preview a nail-biting rematch between Lee Jae Wook and Shin Seung Ho!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a new tvN fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Spoilers

Previously, Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook) and Go Won (Shin Seung Ho) had engaged in a duel. However, Jang Wook had been much too weak to take on such a strong foe and was only able to escape danger with the help of Mu Deok (Jung So Min). Wanting to see Jang Wook’s skills progress, Mu Deok arranged yet another duel between the pair. She trained him in some high-level techniques that might be the only way he could defeat Go Won, and all that remains is to see if he can pull off the feat.

In the new stills, Jang Wook takes a firm stance with his determined eyes, ready to take on the challenge. He needs to have all his wits about him, as his defeat would mean flirting with death. Their duel is far from private, as the Song Rim magicians and notable magicians of Daeho are also present. Based on his stony and smug features, Go Won does not intend to go easy on his opponent. Although he had been unwilling to antagonize the Jang family, he realized that the duel would be unavoidable. Viewers are curious to find out what his reaction will be to seeing Jang Wook and how the duel will conclude.

Lee-Jae-Wook-21-800x533.jpg

Lee-Jae-Wook2-800x533.jpg

Spoiler

Shin-Seung-Ho-800x533.jpg

Lee-Jae-Wook-11-800x533.jpg

This episode of “Alchemy of Souls” airs on July 10 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Lee Jae Wook And Shin Seung Ho Prepare To Clash Swords In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 6

Oh snap is the duel between Jang Wook and Crown Prince happening next episode based on the stills? That means Wook is probably back in his body right? Or what if the preview is just deceiving us all and Jang Wook never really got soul shifted…Hmmm :isannoyed:

Btw is anyone falling for Lee Jae Wook while watching this drama? Omg he’s just so handsome :love: No? Just me? That’s okay, I will continue to admire his handsomeness, adorable smile and ESFP (?) personality. 

• Like 9

Mudeok - ''You really are one lucky fellow, Uk''

Yes, thats how things are. The rain fell.

Even the sky helps the brave and dare like Jang Uk.

That way when Uk takes off his bracelet is always kind of sexy.     :D

FXHhiAQVEAAi9Yt?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 5

I enjoyed reading all these theories being brought up but I also agree that these theories are being defended like theses out of love for the show :0)

:winkx:

Here’s another:

Wonder if Jang Gang has been in hiding and creating the black powder under duress for the baddies. He has a secret to hide and that’s been found out by Jin Mu. Perhaps in return for silence, Jang Gang becomes the supplier for the soul shifting drug since he is the only one who knows how.

the eunuch serving Jin Mu is perhaps the one transporting the glass orbs from Jang Gang. Otherwise where are they from? Eunuch goes to the Queen too but I can’t imagine that the Queen being the chemist unless she is a powerful mage too. But she gets ‘medicinal supplies’ for some reason…a secret stash of orbs maybe? Since no one would dare rummage through her drawers.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Now to throw some other disjointed possibilities into the mix - rewatch the Episode 7 intro - the original mage performing the rain ritual is blindfolded - additionally, at the end of Teacher Lee's narration there is a scene where the surviving mage that has won the Ice Stone (Songrims Founder) is holding the Ice Stone as it emits clouds of mist, he looks off into to the mists and see the silhouette of a man and a woman ... tell me that doesn't look like Jang Uk and a blindfolded Mu-Deok

A prophecy? Vision of the future?   ... whatever it is I'm liking it.

If you are right that that silhouette is jang uk and mu deok in the future, does it means these two is destined to be as master-pupil? Oh no!!! 
Please don’t be like that. I’m cheering for JU and MD/Naksu. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, iamsherry said:

If you are right that that silhouette is jang uk and mu deok in the future, does it means these two is destined to be as master-pupil? Oh no!!! 
Please don’t be like that. I’m cheering for JU and MD/Naksu. 

All that I took away from that scene is that they are destined to be together, not simply as master/pupil (if its them)

I'm on team Jang-Uk/Mu-Deok as well

• Like 4

Today episode is another mind blowing episode.  So is the ice stone divided by two? Another located at the castle and another one is Mu Deok? It's seems that Master Lee sealed Naksu soul in Mu Deok body and she is now 'guardian' or 'protecter' to Jang Uk. She probably won't become wild soul like others. 

I agree with others mentioned that Mu Deok/Naksu attached to Jang Uk compared to Seol because she only want to serve Jang Uk even she said she want her energy back but instead she also ready to protect Jang Uk. 

I almost thought that Jang Uk will choose Master Lee as his master instead of going to Songrim but I guess he want to proof he is his father's son.

I am still curious what is Danju and why the Queen is the Danju. Is she kind of the evil behind all these since she want to control Daeho. We have new lady coming in this episode which I think will be another episode of jealousy between Mu Deok and Jang Uk. That girl I think is the daughter of one of the mage and she definitely eyeing Jang Uk.

Next week will be episode 9 and 10 which will be the second half of the drama. So we are looking more things will be revealed soon. Hoping the pacing is good

• Like 3

Done watching tonight episode. It was great. I was happy and broken at the same time. It seems like the hong sisters is going in the master pupil direction as the story unfolds. Please don’t :heartbreak: our hearts writernims, PDnim. :cries:

I never thought  of Mu deok as the king star of jung uk. I was invested on the idea that Bu yeon is the soul inside Mu deok and that she holds the energy of ice stone. 

Anyway congratulations  to the cast. Everyone did great and the fight scenes are good as well. Since I am biased here’s yours  :star::star::star::star::star:  take it. 

Enjoy watching everyone. 

• Like 2