[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

4 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

I still can't get past my entire first male lead dislike. He really drags the drama down to the gutter. I like any scenes in them except the ones he's in. In other news, what is Naksu's connection or Mu Deok connection to the Jin family?

So, you don't like the Drama. He is in almos every scene cause he is the main lead an i have to say i love him, I in my opinion he do not drag the drama down , the Drama is having a very good rating but i respet  your opinion. 

• Like 9
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, rocat said:

Is Jang Uk the only one able to see the blue in her eyes? Do they only shine at him? Hehe, kinda romantic! 

I guess SY knew it too. In other episodes there’s the scene where he confronted mu deok on putting jang uk in danger. Also the scene where she tried to learn the breathing technique, that close interaction between SY and MD seems he is aware of her identity. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 6! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Alchemy Of Souls” Ratings Rise As “Cleaning Up” Returns To All-Time High

tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls” enjoyed a significant rise in its viewership ratings last night!

On July 3, the new fantasy romance drama starring Lee Jae Wook and Jung So Min continued its streak at first place in its time slot across all cable channels. According to Nielsen Korea, the sixth episode of “Alchemy of Souls” scored an average nationwide rating of 6.6 percent.

“Alchemy Of Souls” Ratings Rise As “Cleaning Up” Returns To All-Time High | Soompi

• Like 7

Done rewatching ep. 6. In my opinion, mu deok and jang uk fell in love with each other already. For me MD refusal to serve as servant of  the CP if JU decide to part from MD. She also declined the offer of SY to climb the top of the tree. Meanwhile JU want to fulfill her wishes, to regain strength and to climb that big tree again. 

Master Lee is wondering where does Naksu energy go. MD being able to see through her blue marked eyes though she was blind before the soul shifting spell, I think that’s the answered to his question. Naksu’s lost energy cured MD blindness. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

i like ep6.. it's more light hearted and funny.. although, Cho Yeon's jealousy seems a bit petty as well..

how Park Jin and Heo Yeom speak to Teacher Lee with huge respect was super funny.. and the part where, Park Jin said he sang and danced when he was a kid, for his 100th birthday.. wow.. seems like THE CHASTE TEA WORKS FOR LONGEVITY TOO!!

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

i think Naksu's main purpose is getting back her energy, and her only hope is on Jang Uk.

her careless remark of "not just anyone" to Seo Yul cos she was still aware of Jang Uk's jealous accusation of betrayal and cheating from earlier conversation.. and to the crown prince, i would assume she is still very "Naksu" and would not bow low to serve any other people lol

i think she is mingling around the 4 family heirs too much if she still wants her eventual revenge.. let's hope we hear more from Park Jin why they chose to massacre the whole family.. was Naksu's dad being soul shifted? or did he accidentally reveal content about the King's Star from the constellation records? all these don't justify to the massacre too.. especially if its from songrim not under the king's order.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

Well, after watching new episode I can't help but want to rant about the series. Cast is doing great, costume, cinematography and SE are definitely the strong side of the drama, story line is smooth up till now bits of comedic interaction with witty lines between the characters is just up to my taste the only thing makes me agitated is that they keep blaming UK's mom about every single wrongdoings of uk's father and the king when she is the real victim here.(I know it is to save UK from misery but can't they find some other ways to do this like making UK his mage father's son who just have a destiny to be the king why they have to make it like only the king and his bloodline could have a divine energy.)

Now let's move to the current story line where naksu is going to have her own  bouquet of flower boys 

1. UK who knows both identity of hers and not aware of his real feeling yet.

2. Yul who is still in love with naksu and suspect her identity as mo deuk's

(Chemy of both as a childhood crush, sweetheart I enjoy their screen time but sorry Yul I am camping for UK since I am weak for his pouty lips when he complains.

3. The crown prince who is gradually but certainly going to fall for mo deuk's charm and did I mention his deep voice and silly expressions when he is with his filthy mo deuk's I don't know why but I find it quite amusing.

At this point of time, I am hoping the best for naksu I wish her to get the power back real soon and act like a real badass assassin.Fight Lol GIF by The Valentines

What worries me the most is what will happen when mokdu will claim for her body...will UK fall for her instead of naksu this not be happening right since he is not mesmerized by her outlook but her soul right. I don't want another Mr. Queen like ending where the ML falls for the soul inside the FL i.e fake queen but ended up with the real queen I find it unfair and upsetting somehow.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I wonder if this is the duel scene between the CP and Uk...or maybe it is a fight scene 

between Uk and the fake Mudeok.  :unsure:

It seem that fake Mu Deok will come out from the mirror and real Mu Deok/Naksu trapped in the mirror (this is my opinion). Probably the mirror is the evil side of soul and you can even see Mu Deok kissing Seo Yul in the preview. I think all of them (four of the heir + CP) will come and rescue Mu Deok.

1 hour ago, Shining tiara said:

agitated is that they keep blaming UK's mom about every single wrongdoings of uk's father and the king when she is the real victim here.(I know it is to save UK from misery but can't they find some other ways to do this like making UK his mage father's son who just have a destiny to be the king why they have to make it like only the king and his bloodline could have a divine energy.)

About this, I am curious is Jang UK mom is a mage too since that they have to marry mage families to inherit the mage power. Probably if his mum is a mage, she could sense Jang UK father do have different soul. We still got a lot of episode to go, I hope they will reveal a lot of back story regarding their family and the late king.

The current CP is not really evil, he kind of clueless and being controlled by Assistant Gwanju that has his own evil motive. He is don't know/aware about the mage/royalities family conflict and it seem to him, it just normal childish fight that hurt his pride when he is fighting with Jang Uk.

After doing some googling and I found out (probably already at the first page, I didn't check), the director that directed this drama is Park Joon Hwa wo previously directed WWSK, Because this is my first life,  Touch your heart, probably we willl get happy ending. I really want it for this drama. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Shining tiara said:

I am weak for his pouty lips when he complains.

chingu, here's a bonus for you!

watch at 0:34 hahahahaha

cr.: owner

poor teacher lee, hitting the wrong orientation of the wooden log hahahaha.. he "split" his hand instead of the log lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Lol we have a love rectangle in our hands everyone :joy: Dong Gu likes Cho Yeon but Cho Yeon likes Jang Wook and Jang Wook is falling (?) for Mu Deok/Naksu and Seo Yul likes Naksu. :loolz: Gotta love the love rectangle (wait can we also add that the Crown Prince might potentially fall in love with Naksu too?? Then it doesn’t become a rectangle…)

Another great episode of seeing Mu Deok/Naksu and Jang Wook bickering with each other :lol: Seriously these two are so funny, the way Jang Wook got jealous over Seo Yul calling her master hahaha, he wants to be the only one that can call Mu Deok a master. Also did we just see Jang Wook indirectly say that he likes Mu Deok/Naksu?!

I’m also wondering what will happen to Naksu because she’s in Mu Deok, so will Naksu somehow be able to get her body back? I don’t think she’ll be in Mu Deok forever…(or maybe somehow, Naksu will end up becoming Mu Deok and permanently residing in Mu Deok’s body…Maybe either a)something happens to the real Mu Deok or b) idk… Mu Deok and Naksu do end up separating) Also since technically jang Wook likes Naksu, I’m wonder how or if they will end up with each other? I mean Naksu being an assassin and all…Jang wook being the king star (which btw when they mentioned that in today’s episode, totally hinting and foreshadowing to Jang Wook but I personally don’t think he will end up becoming King)… It seems dark on how the two will end up with each other :sad1: Thia drama does have romance right haha

Finally, I really want to see the battle between the Crown Prince and Jang Wook to see what will happen! I hope they will show it soon :)

EDIT: OMG that ending for episode 6! What is that mirror? So omg that PREVIEW. Are we getting some evil Mu Deok on our hands after she went through the mirror? Or do they all go in the mirror or something to get Mu Deok out? Wow I just have a whole bunch of questions after watching that preview lol.. So does Naksu hand over Jang Wook over then to live? Also looks like more and more people are finding out that Mu Deok is Naksu. Ugh the wait for this drama is going to be terrible

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

Alchemy of Souls: Week 3

- All you need is to humor the Crown Prince and you'll be on his good side. Seriously, he becomes likable whenever he's interacting with Mudeok. She brings out his good and less serious side.

- Why do I get the feeling that Mudeok is Buyeon (a.k.a. the missing Jin daughter)? Her reaction to the yin/yang jade + entering Jinyowon was kinda telling that she had a connection with the family. 

- Why was Naksu's father hunted by the mages before? Could he be the rogue soul hosted in the eunuch's body?

- New plot point: Jin Mu and the Queen. He's doing all these soul-shifting for her. Is she a soul shifter too? I'd hate to think he (Jin Mu) might be Go Won's biological father. Haha!

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

12 minutes ago, ferily said:

Another great episode of seeing Mu Deok/Naksu and Jang Wook bickering with each other :lol: Seriously these two are so funny, the way Jang Wook got jealous over Seo Yul calling her master hahaha, he wants to be the only one that can call Mu Deok a master. Also did we just see Jang Wook indirectly say that he likes Mu Deok/Naksu?!

Jang Uk already ask Mu Deok to be his wife instead of his maid in Episode 1/2.. lol

7 minutes ago, scribbledjunkie said:

New plot point: Jin Mu and the Queen. He's doing all these soul-shifting for her. Is she a soul shifter too? I'd hate to think he might be Go Won's biological father. Haha!

Just curious, is Queen is a man.. then how come she can have CP.. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Also I forgot to mention that I think today’s episode heavily hinted that Mu Deok is Buyeon, aka Cho Yeon’s lost sister. I meqn it has been a theory before episode 6 but I feel like the episode pretty much confirms it, which makes sense also because of how Mu Deok is able to handle Naksu’s soul. The question is, what exactly happened to Buyeon and why doesn’t the Jin family recognize Mu Deok.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, orion00 said:

Jang Uk already ask Mu Deok to be his wife instead of his maid in Episode 1/2.. lol

Just curious, is Queen is a man.. then how come she can have CP.. 

Ohhh, my bad... by "he might be Go Won's biological father" I had meant Jin Mu... that's why he's been helping the Queen and has even been teaching the Crown Prince.

@ferily - Buyeon has been gone for almost a decade, I think? That probably explains why no one really knows what she looks like anymore. I wonder how she disappeared though?

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

23 minutes ago, ferily said:

Also I forgot to mention that I think today’s episode heavily hinted that Mu Deok is Buyeon, aka Cho Yeon’s lost sister. I meqn it has been a theory before episode 6 but I feel like the episode pretty much confirms it, which makes sense also because of how Mu Deok is able to handle Naksu’s soul. The question is, what exactly happened to Buyeon and why doesn’t the Jin family recognize Mu Deok.

Really good question -

After the bird scene when Mu-Deok was entering the Jin compound I was torn between is it detecting a soulshifter or something else?  The birds were never mentioned when they brought the artifact for the first hunt for soulshifters so I was guessing it could be sensing a mage not of their family, Cho-Yeon was unfazed entering so if Mu-Deok is the missing sister why would she be? ... unless the missing sister didn't simply go missing.  What if the older sister saw something she shouldn't have and was rendered blind in the process? She's not dead so if the Mother was into something crooked maybe she set up the warning in case her daughter tries to sneak back in? 

We get a real interesting story if the older sister is sharing a body with Noksu - at the camp Teacher Lee questioned her about not remembering coming out to watch Jung-Uk and the teacher spar - maybe we'll get scenes in the future where the older sister starts to manifest at odd times -  and what happens eventually when Noksu has to leave that body? :unsure:

... gonna be along wait for next weekend

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

the Jin family emits strange vibes..

maybe because they guard and lock those relics and artefacts? the head of the family seems to be Cho Yeon's mother.. her husband (who is supposedly somewhere searching for Bu Yeon) seems to have married into the family.. and she is expecting Jang Uk to do the same.. what, then he will become Jin Uk?

Cho Yeon, casts love perfume to the letter..

erm, ain't mages supposed to be ethical in their practice??

Considering I Love Lucy GIF

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Why am I thinking; If MuDeok can disappear by entering the "Black Mirror mirror on the wall", then the Jin's lost daughter must be disappeared inside that mirror too - a long time ago :lol:. Seriously why keep so many magic artifacts creepy stuff.

And our MuDeok is in Gisaeng clothes!!, She's so pretty. Even the CP does not want her to change her clothes back LOL. Seo Yul saw MD in pretty clothes too. I love how CP and Yul worry if Jang Uk will dispose MD once he got married. Everyone will take over MD, even CP.

I can't imagine if MD became a Concubine of Crown Prince.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, PororoQueen said:

Seriously why keep so many magic artifacts creepy stuff.

its the Room of Requirements lol soon,

the vanishing cupboard, the goblet and the sword of gryffindor will appear as well.. oh wait, goblet = elephant pot that tripped Cho Yeon.. sword of gryffindor = Jang Gang's sword

meant to be a joke!

haha

7 minutes ago, PororoQueen said:

And our MuDeok is in Gisaeng clothes!!, She's so pretty.

see how she pulled and dragged her skirt so high up trying not to trip over herself.. hahahaha

i like the idea of Jang Uk and Crown Prince as new friends.. they are sort of like.. cousins anyway.. if we insist the same as how Jang Gang insisted Do Hwa had an affair with the king..

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, Shining tiara said:

I don't want another Mr. Queen like ending where the ML falls for the soul inside the FL i.e fake queen but ended up with the real queen I find it unfair and upsetting somehow.

Exactly my thoughts. It seems that Mu Deok's soul didn't go anywhere and she will end up claiming her body. And what will happen to Naksu then? I hope there is some magic that they can perform to bring her body back and she can end together with Uk. I don't want a sad ending!!

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

I just want Jang Gang ahjussi comes back and clear all these messy missunderstanding one sided love situations.

why is it difficult for him to understand that it was his sperm and his body that makes love with Do Hwa :weary: if he gets it, he will back and teach Jang Uk and beats down jin mu and everything will be in control again. Sighhhhh

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1