[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook Puts His Heart In Jung So Min’s Hands In “Alchemy Of Souls”

Lee Jae Wook’s feelings for Jung So Min continue to deepen on “Alchemy of Souls”!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a new tvN fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Spoilers

The previous episode of “Alchemy of Souls” ended on a shocking cliffhanger, with Mu Deok (Jung So Min) unexpectedly being sucked into a magical mirror after being led into a trap by Jin Cho Yeon (Oh My Girl‘s Arin).

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook) is finally reunited with Mu Deok after desperately searching for her during the time when she went missing.

Perhaps as a result of the incident leaving him shaken, Jang Wook becomes more open about his growing feelings for his teacher. In an emotional moment by the sea, Jang Wook gives Mu Deok an incredibly meaningful gift: a token that he has personally made for her out of precious yin-yang jade, which symbolizes a couple living happily together for 100 years.

In contrast to his typical mischievous demeanor, Jang Wook wears a sincere and vulnerable expression as he proffers his special gift—and though Mu Deok tries to act nonchalant, the startled look in her eyes reveals that she’s aware of just what this gift might mean.

Jung-So-Min-Lee-Jae-Wook-2-800x533.jpg

Jung-So-Min3-800x533.jpg

Spoiler

Jung-So-Min-Lee-Jae-Wook-3-800x533.jpg

To find out how Mu Deok manages to escape from danger—and what will develop between her and Jang Wook—tune in to the next episode of “Alchemy of Souls” on July 9 at 9:10 p.m. KST!

Lee Jae Wook Puts His Heart In Jung So Min’s Hands In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

a token that he has personally made for her out of precious yin-yang jade, which symbolizes a couple living happily together for 100 years.

and then, let's change scene to Cho Yeon stomping in anger cos of her own blunder..

breaking the jade, accusing Mu Deok of breaking the jade, having 3 guys going all out to rescue Mu Deok, and.. the jade ended up as a gift from the man he loves to the girl she is jealous of.. lol

Evil Laugh Creepy Smile GIF

• LOL 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Hwang Minhyun Gazes At Jung So Min With Different Feelings Than Before In “Alchemy Of Souls”

There’s something going on between Hwang Minhyun and Jung So Min in “Alchemy of Souls”!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a tvN fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Spoilers

The previous episode revealed Naksu and Seo Youl’s (Hwang Minhyun’s) relationship. Seo Youl told Mu Deok (Jung So Min) about his affection for his first love Naksu without realizing she is harboring her soul in her body.

With mounting curiosity about whether Seo Youl will recognize Mu Deok’s true identity or not, the newly released stills show subtle tension between the two characters. Seo Youl gazes at Mu Deok with affection and sadness, and Mu Deok looks at him as if she’s conscious of his presence. Despite the fact that Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook) is with them, their eyes are fixed on each other. What will Seo Youl do when he finds out that Mu Deok is actually Naksu?

Hwang-Minhyun-800x533.jpg

Jung-So-Min2-800x533.jpg

Spoiler

Alchemy-of-Souls2-800x533.jpg

The next episode of “Alchemy of Souls” will air on July 9 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Hwang Minhyun Gazes At Jung So Min With Different Feelings Than Before In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 2

So hoping this is not the sequence.. boys rescue MD -> gilju offers trade uk life with MD  -> Uk gives MD yin yang jade. MD feels real bad cos she's going to betray him -> uk fights gilju, MD runs away -> yul rescues MD (realized that she's naksu from prior scenes) -> MD torn between yul/uk, we don't know how she really feels the end

• Like 1

I’m not freaking out, I’m not freaking out, IM NOT FREAKING OUT. OMG what an episode!!! WOW so Jang Wook and Gil Ju really do end up switching souls. This will be very interesting now and I’m curious and excited to see what Gil Ju will do in the next episode while in Jang Wook’s body. Man this drama just keeps getting better and BETTER.

Jang Wook making the bird’s egg out of the jade stone is the sweetest thing ever :please: His face and expression when he told Mu Deok about it was so precious. He totally likes Mu Deok and it’s adorable. I know many people are on the Mu Deok/Naksu and Yul ship but I am TEAM Mu Deok/Naksu and Jang Wook ALL THE WAY. When Mu Deok was blinded and she saw that the Crown Prince, Yul and Dang Gi were there I just knew Jang Wook would be the one to take her hehehe….that hand holding :love:

Okay I know many people think that Mu Deok is from the Jin family but we got introduced to the ice stone in this episode so heres another theory. What if Mu Deok is actually the ice stone in human form, which is why Naksu is able to stay in Mu Deok’s body and open the gate? I’m sure the stone is powerful enough to open it. Just another theory but it could also be that a) Mu Deok is really apart of the Jin family and absorb the ice stone power or b) Mu Deok is the ice stone itself.

Finally Naksu was going to give Jang Wook up but she couldn’t after he gave her the gift of the bird’s egg, so they came up with a plan themselves to defeat Dang Gi. Well I’m super excited for the next episode and can’t wait to see what ll happen!

Also LOL at Seo Yul losing his sense of direction because he was scared :loolz:and then Crown Prince holding onto Jang Wook. Man I’m starting to love this trio..

• Like 2

Mudeok…

opened the door to Jin treasury

captured the attention of three men

broke the mirror of longing

suffered no cuts but

regains eyesight within a day

…who is she?!

Jang Uk can barely contain himself with Mudeok, with feelings thinly-veiled by the master/pupil and master/maid front much like the beads restraining the wild powers in his right arm.   I must say I was awestruck by the powerful Tansu wielded in this ep. One stroke and the nasty guy is half dead. A Jedi’s lightsaber moment for me. Wow. I hope when he finally opens up to Mudeok, the power would be as glorious.

Chappie is quite clever too I thought. He saw through the mind games the smart alecky illusion in the mirror was trying to play. You’ll see what you want to see - mere illusions of me, so if I blind you, there’ll be no more illusions.  

Wonder if that was why Mudeok was shown to be temporarily blinded - that she will not have illusions of Jang Uk as a pupil/owner (since he is on the other side) but a potential mate. Hiaks!

Certainly gave me food for thought. 

And the soul swap with Mr Nasty…ugh! Noooo!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kwayteow_mama said:

So hoping this is not the sequence.. boys rescue MD -> gilju offers trade uk life with MD  -> Uk gives MD yin yang jade. MD feels real bad cos she's going to betray him -> uk fights gilju, MD runs away -> yul rescues MD (realized that she's naksu from prior scenes) -> MD torn between yul/uk, we don't know how she really feels the end

My feel is that while Naksu may be Yul's first love, it is not the other way around. She doesn't seem to have any particular feelings at all for Yul other than that he's Jang Uk's friend (that includes the fact that she remembers Yul). I think she does not fully realize it yet, but definitely her feelings are for Jang Uk! (And despite her bravado, I suspect that Naksu didn't really have time for a lot of dating...so my guess is that Jang Uk really is her first love.)

Also, Jang Uk has always known who she is. He likes both sides--Naksu AND Mudeok.

I really like Jang Uk's character growth. He's in the situation blind but he's using his brains and not giving up. He's developing quite nicely. The realization at the mirror was good--not to worry about other people's expectations and assumptions, but follow his own path. 

The prince is turning out to be quite the character, lol. He was nasty at first, but I'm enjoying his transformation into the quasi-not-really-a-villain sort of villain. He, Jang Uk, and Yul make a hilarious threesome, lol. 

And I have to take a moment and praise Jung So Min's acting. I've really been enjoying watching her play two completely different people at the same time, and trying to follow her thick country girl accent as Mudeok. :) Always like her characters; she has a way of sucking you inside their heads and making you care.

Ahhh I almost wish I'd waited until it was all out so I could binge it. But it's too fun, I can't wait. 

• Like 5

Now we know what was the real identity of Mu deok. A powerful ice stone that possesses the power of fire earth and water That explains how was she able to use her energy when comes or near in place with a presence of great energy or power.spacer.png

Meanwhile, Jin Mu tried to convince ho gyeong to stop the marriage between jang uk and cho yeong. Also his confrontation with park jin had this impression that jang gang is the one to blame of the death of naksu’s father.Jin Mu also knew the birth secret of Jang Uk that is why he doesn’t wants to waste no to eliminate Jang Uk. spacer.png

i hope on tonight ep Jang Uk soul to be back to his original body. 

• Like 5

Episode 7 - that has to be the best episode yet

- Neither Yul nor the Crown Prince were fooled by the Mu-Deok illusions, boys are sharp.

- Cho-Yeon, I don't mind her jealousy but don't go evil on us, Dang-Gu is waiting (literally, she no-showed the ring fitting)

- If only a Jin can open the door to Jinyowon, then it looks like Mu-Deok is at least in part Jin, looks like we may have the older sisters hiding place.

- Yul startled - seems Yul has a tell, Uk and Dang-Gu both seem to have picked up on it

- Mu-Deok & Cho-Yeon and the broken Jade ... older sister tormenting younger sister :lol:

- The Mirror - "so it is you" ... "it has been along time"  ... does the Mirror recognize the older sister?

- I like how Jang Uk is winning battles using his mind, the Mirror take down is just another example

- Jang Uk & Mu-Deok - While the Jade bead exchange was great, the Mirror interlude was so much better.

- The Ice Stone & Mu-Deok, the Jin family secures the realms most powerful artifacts, was the Ice Stone hidden inside the older sister?

- Did you catch it? When Jang Uk takes Mu-Deoks hand and she turns, theres wind in her hair

- Park Jin & Maidservant Kim - WHY DO THEY FIGHT IT???!!!  When these two finally give in its going to be glorious.

- Park Jin & Jin-Mu secret face off - they both are protecting a secret, but I don't think its the same secret.  Sorry guys, I'm still getting the feeling that Park Jin is Jang Uks real father.

That ending - I'm getting real tired of watching Mu-Deok get knocked around. When do we finally get Noksu/Mu-Deok? When does she get to start knocking people around?  When Jang-Uk finally gets that hand under real control, thats when the fun begins.  I don't think Jang-Uk's soulshift will last long, one encounter with Teacher Lee and i think he's back in his own body.

Glad this was a Saturday Episode, dont want to imagine having to wait for next week.

• Like 8