[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

Yeah @AlterEgoNo9 I found another believer of Bu Yeon here!!!   In Bu-yeon, we believe!!  :transforms:

Still cannot reconcile how this Bu-yeon is going to be integrated into the love story of Jang Uk and Naksu now...it seems like she has no room to stand between them....at least that's how it is being portrayed to us now...

For me, blues eyes and the blind-folded lady Jang Uk saw was the one who dazzled and mesmerised him...  Did he get a memory loss after each time he saw her???  :loolz:     If the blue eyes never appeared, Jang Uk would have given Mudeok/Naksu a miss!!    That's why I think Bu-yeon is an important character.   Ok ok....I have to let this go and not let it eat me up.....    I shall be contented just watching the beautiful cinematography of the fighting scenes and witness the prowess of the 4 seasons again......*reminding myself*    :lollipop:

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

I remember this, too. Like you, I assumed it was because he was a soul shifter and not the actual dad of Buyeon. But another way to interpret it would be that he didn't consider himself Buyeon's father since the baby died in utero and was only revived several months later by the ice stone. I don't know which is the right interpretation. (He does seems close with Choyeon, though?)

Thanks for sharing the same memory of that scene with me.  I think he is just a good actor soul-shifter helping Jin Mu..... but then again...I can't be sure...lol..... the palette is in the writer-nims hands.....let's see.....

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I came across some video clips in YT and remembered the time where both Jang Uk and Mudeok/Naksu were still struggling to prove their worth or reclaim their status. How Jang Uk started as this weak and useless son of a great mage. I am so proud of Jang Uk and what we had become. It’s like watching your baby take those first steps until he grows up into a fine, young man.

What I like about their love story is the progression or the gradual development of their feelings. Although, I prefer them to be more lovey-dovey but it wouldn’t be fitting for a notorious assassin like Naksu, right?

For the last 2 episodes, I really do hope that we can see more of Bu Yeon. It’s just right for her to take the spotlight as the most powerful priestess. I want to see more of what she can do. Annihilate all those villains and wipe them out from Daeho. Lol

11 hours ago, K-dramafan22 said:

Oh???  Plot twist??  Still digesting this......

Oh..just saw news of JSM going to film a movie with Kang Ha Neul...30Days.....does this really mean end of JSM in Season 1 without any hope?  :sad1:

Jung So Min and Kang Ha Neul!? Sign me up please! I moved on so fast. Lol

They’re going to be paired again. Yehey! I think I ship Jung So Min in almost all of her co-actors. She filmed a movie with Seo In Guk as well. 

• Like 6

On 8/23/2022 at 2:10 AM, marrez1 said:

I don't think JangUk will have a hard time with Nasku's original body, he doesn't seem to be the type to focus on the body, on the other hand the crown prince will have a hard time for this,  afterwards for the audience will be weird

This. Jang Uk is in love with Naksu, not Buyeon (he doesn't even know Buyeon, and Naksu does not even have access to any of Buyeon's memories). He always knew it was Naksu. It was Naksu he recognized from the start, and Naksu the (former) assassin who he wants. 

The audience, though, is in love with Jung So Min. THAT is the issue with swapping out actresses at this point. I am sure Buyeon is a really interesting person and powerful priestess, but she has literally had only a handful of lines/appearances at this point. I'm happy to see more of her, but she is not the one in a relationship with Uk. It's just that we the audience are used to Jung So Min's chemistry with the other actors. And I don't think, after 20 episodes, it will be easy to sway them otherwise. This is why there is so much debate on this thread and elsewhere over this issue.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, SleepyKitty said:

Mudeok is bu yeon. Or a persona that bu yeon took after she found herself stranded in sari village. Bu yeon did not soul shift, she just created a new identity, presumably because she wants to stay hidden (maybe) for whatev

She was sent to the bottom of the lake, was there anything about her being rescued? Something's missing here.

@LeftCoastOppa if you promised not to show that chart again, I would promise to keep my murderous intent of So-I in 

Spoiler

Kill kill :blush:

@K-dramafan22 you beat me to it. :sweat_smile:   

That chart does not help with the soul shifts. Aren't the Queen and Jin husband  occupied? 
One more week. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, maribella said:

She was sent to the bottom of the lake, was there anything about her being rescued? Something's missing here.

You're right. A lot of things are still missing because we haven't been privy into bu yeon's journey at all so far. Most thing that we know about her are based on circumstantial evidence and speculations. However, there is this recurring bit that some people have point out about mudeok's and buyeon's ear; e.g. during earlier episode, heo yeom thought mudeok's ear looks familiar, and also, when jin ho gyeong mulling over how so yi's ear looks different than how buyeon's used to be. Apparently people's ears are feature that don't change much despite how much they grow up, or something. Added to that, some physical traits that have been found on mudeok's body that is also similar to buyeon's, like the scar and the mark behind the ear. Well, it's not much, but I doubt the writers would randomly add this if they didn't mean anything....

Then again I could be wrong, of course.

• Like 7

Pre-finale Poll

Last poll before the finale. :partyblob: Thanks to @emsel and @SleepyKitty for question ideas. :kiss_wink:

And to @rocat who pointed out that Uk's hairdo might have gotten its inspiration from this?

9e0f20d5b7d0b2d2f8e7371cec7ac06504416647

I can't unsee it now. :loolz:

Let's vote!

dancing-shake-it.gif

re: @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

Tagging:

@LeftCoastOppa @sadthe1st @maribella @orion00  @SleepyKitty @TheQueenReturns @kwayteow_mama @K-dramafan22 @Paperx Atelier @Tina288 @iamsherry  @Rollito Deprimavera  @backstreetboysfan @frozentundra @andy78 @marrez1 @Jeannie @AlterEgoNo9  @emsel @rocat @CA C @deishii @Pinkypoo @rocher22 @Yinye @Gumiho  @ilovenico @lilyphenix  @Dramafreak 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Definitely shifting into park jin's body because who doesn't want such silky mane of glory for themselves? 

Also the thing that is lacking in this drama is, i guess, someone doing this

Breathe Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

to the writers and directors :sweatingbullets:

Like, sometimes, i just want the drama to just, hey, focus! Stop blabbering nonsense and adding unnecessary fillers! Stop spoiling your best moment on the previews! Just, calm down!

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, SleepyKitty said:

Like, sometimes, i just want the drama to just, hey, focus! Stop blabbering nonsense and adding unnecessary fillers! Stop spoiling your best moment on the previews! Just, calm down!

Yes, this is also one of the main issues I'm having with this drama. There are a lot of fillers in the episodes. When you look at it closer, the plot progress has been quite slow. There have been episodes where I've been so frustrated of the plot just circling around instead of moving forward. Ep 17 was one of them.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

47 minutes ago, partyon said:

Pre-finale Poll

I'm answering your poll questions here: :)
- Voted for Park Jin by default, because I don't like any of the two other characters and wasn't sure how their position could benefit Naksu. The only disappointment with these voting options is that it means the end of Naksu/Jang Uk love story if these are the only bodies she could shift into... :tears: 

- The other thing that is missing in the ship that should have sailed by now, is a resolution to whatever is going on between Maidservant Kim and either Master Lee or Jang Jin. But again we all know that right now the person she really is in love with is JJ. The thing is, though, that she used to have a crush for Jang Uk's dad. So what happens when he comes back? He never reciprocated her feelings after his wife died, and I can't imagine him doing so now. Bottom line, there is no point in dragging the desert that is her love life out: she is a beautiful and lovely lady who obviously would like to give and receive love, and I think she deserves it. I'm not confident that something will happen by the time we watch the finale, but I shared my two cents: Give us a resolution already! #TeamMaidservantKim all the way, lol!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

The only disappointment with these voting options is that it means the end of Naksu/Jang Uk love story if these are the only bodies she could shift into...

Yes, chingu. These were Mu Deok's/Naksu's first choices though, and I thought I would honor her wishes in Q2. :joy:

630228930a65a0a0a0a.jpg

57 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

I'm not confident that something will happen by the time we watch the finale, but I shared my two cents: Give us a resolution already! #TeamMaidservantKim all the way, lol!

Park Jin is too dense when it comes to love. Master Lee is a safer choice for Maidservant Kim if she wants to marry before she turns 60!

:wow1:

Don't worry about Park Jin, though. His true love story is with his silky hair! :love:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUgiWQxRG6BNujgqtzw79

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

Yep, their hands speak for themselves... :fullofhearts:

I dont like how CY is shown to be so clueless.

She was completely confused when Naksu/MD opened the magical door.

I expected CY to be suspicious and start investigating it herself. 

I like the CP.. But, he is just waiting to be rescued.

He should be worried about the whole kingdom. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, SleepyKitty said:

haha!
I think they must be under a lot of pressure, so they are like let us just tease everyone. Then everyone will stay until we show what everyone is waiting for in the last 5 minutes :D

And lord... they do need focus. Stretched too far and too thin. I would have preferred them cutting off some extra bits and I have said this before (I don't understand why do we have Yuk-ok? They could have focused a bit more on keeping our OTP bickering and together on the screen for a longer time from episodes 9-16).

Pacing has suffered! When we expected politics, intrigue and magical war, we are getting introspection and fillers!

• Like 7
  • Blob 2

Another great teamwork of the main couple...:approves:

Those drums were a smart move, so all the attention was focused on Uk's entrance..

That was a really cool entrance but Uk wasnt arrogant.. 

I liked how everyone was speechless when Uk mentioned the book. 

This time Park Jin didnt push Uk aside.  

• Like 6

9 hours ago, K-dramafan22 said:

He replied he was not their father, he was elsewhere

for this one, i thought he meant he isnt the father for bu yeon.. he was married into the jin family when mama jin was already pregnant with bu yeon.. i think so-i was asking why he conspired for a fake bu yeon..

suspicious sally kohn GIF by The Opposite of Hate

3 hours ago, partyon said:

His true love story is with his silky hair!

there is only one person in daeho who can compete with him.. cho yeon and her super thick hair lol

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

2. If forced to, whose body should Naksu soul shift to? (please leave a comment and tell us why you chose the person)

This is a really tricky question, it could be an indication of one's inner self. :smile:
But I want to take the easy way out so I ask myself whom is the least stomache churning for JU to kiss. Park Jin. 

@partyon you and other pollsters are wicked. :Megalol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1