[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

I hear you @Yinye and I second that.

So some random questions that keep coming to my mind:

(1) Why does Naksu in MD's body not work on getting her energy gates opened? How come energy gate doesn't count in her case but was a big deal for Uk/JM/(I am guessing) other mages?

(2) How does an ordinary citizen in Daeho become a Mage? Is it all hereditary? How does this energy gate business work?

(3) How come energy gate doesn't count inside the Ice Stone? Will MD not need her GoE to be open to be a mage? (this can have vague explanations like ice stone compensates for everything! )

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

No,  2 BuYeons = The fake BY So-i and the real BY (MD) :lol: They both got lifted into the tornado. Why 2 of them tho LOL, well, I guess the writer need to transport them to Jeongjingak. My confusion is seeing So-i the plain Jane woman able to break the ice stone easily. Although she's unable to cast a spell.

Exactly, that's my heartache. Not only that, Naksu, in my opinion, is a bit arrogant towards MD body (well, yea she's an assassin). Remember in Ep 1 the scene of injured Naksu trying to find a female body for switching her soul. Naksu, shoved away our Mudeok, is it because she's a blind woman?. Poor MD.

In the last 2 episode, could I see at least a little appreciation from Naksu to MD/BY? 

"Sister BuYeon, thank you for lending me this body for the last 19 episodes!" - something like that .

Yes, thank you for pointing that out! That’s what I thought too.

Good thing that Bu Yeon reprimanded Naksu for thinking of her as a relic. How dare you!?

I hope Bu Yeon really gets her life back as the most powerful priestess that she ought to be. I don’t even care anymore if Jang Uk ends up with Naksu or Naksu getting a body of her own.

We only have 2 episodes left so I feel kind of wary that there’s not enough airtime for Bu Yeon.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Blob 1

I totally understand those who are somewhat disappointed with this drama. 

I wish to take this as a good sign that a lot are invested in the drama and would like to see better times.

Or at the very least, a clear resolution for our leads. 

I am on tenterhooks regarding what will happen to Naksu and Bu Yeon at the end of the drama. 

I hope they get a great resolution. 

• Like 5

btw did anyone wonder about the fact that in episode 12-13-14-15 Uk and MD are trying to find the Ice Stone such that she doesn't get petrified and yet now in episode 18 when she gets the ice stone or some access, she is only thinking of her powers?

Does the FL lead (MD/Naksu) get short term memory losses?

Isn't her becoming petrified still a possibility? We the viewers know that BY is protecting her or MD's body but she doesn't know this.

Now I will get on with meetings and earning a living :D

17 minutes ago, Kimchi22 said:

I'm just curious about hair colours, stories about many thousand years ago but how they found hair colours..

Hello! welcome.

This is an imaginary world so they have all the make-up articles/accessories. It is not a historical :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dramafreak said:

I don't think they have much to show in a prequel and Ukie is still the ML so... it should be a sequel. I hope it is.

Angst, romance and action should happen in season 2. 

I'm really hoping its not a sequel just some stand alone episodes about the supporting characters where the Part 1 leads pass through as was earlier rumored.

Otherwise we're looking at a supposed ep 20 happy ending that isn't - as long as its taken Jang Uk & Naksu to come as close as they are, I'm not really interested in starting that all over again which is almost a necessity.  Jang Uk has never seen Naksu in her original body, that alone would take more than 10 episode to get over and thats not including all the other trials that would hound Naksu again, a poorly explained last episode body swap to get 10 more tugs on the heart strings, which will never be enough to do the psychological trauma their relationship will suffer, even justice

I really hope they don't try it

1 hour ago, Dramafreak said:

episode 16. conversation between Second daughter Jin and MD.
While discussing the priestess, they bring up a shaman.

Thank You!  I was actually starting to wonder if I'd imagined it/mis-read the subs :lol:

1 hour ago, Yinye said:

If this shows ends season 1 with huge cliffhanger, I will be so annoyed! 

I'll second that!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

because in each case her life is on the line, she is struggling to survive, she's trying to make the best of a situation she didn't ask to be in. 

She is struggling to survive and she is faking the first daughter of an eminent family? She should have just gone to some farm and seduce the owner, that's trying to survive. :Megalol:

2 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

do think that actress playing Naksu is younger so chances are she is more up for action sequences.

Poor JSM. She's 30 something, though I don't like Naksu to be FL ( so there @LeftCoastOppa, I hope that is clear to you and others), she still can do some real butt kicking. I remember Michelle Yeoh was pretty good when she was in her thirties.

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

were discussing Shaman Choi and one of them mentioned that she had the ability to affect memory. I remember distinctly because I said outloud "thats Bu Yeon/Mu Deok" then promptly went on watching ... now I can't find it :rage:  ... but it was said ...

2 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

episode 16. conversation between Second daughter Jin and MD.
While discussing the priestess, they bring up a shaman

So was it probable that shaman Choi had tampered the memory of the daughter of Jin family? Selective memories? :surprisedwut:
I find it iffy, she can surpress Naksu's abilities, and so she must know the reason why. I can't buy amnesiac stuff.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I wonder what happens to the men in our drama    :rolleyes:

Uk didnt buy the hairpin or the bracelet for Naksu in the market 

Naksu bought the umbrella for Yul and he gave the umbrella to Soi

The CP is not worried about his mother, he was  restrained during the talks with Uk   :unsure:

Soi can write a survival guide...Yul will help her but not for romantic reasons.

Maybe Soi reminds him a little of Naksu from the past. 

The interrogation scene between Naksu and Yul was so hilarious, he looked so innocent.

It was beautiful how Yul calmly  took Naksu's hand..her fingers trembled for a moment. 

I like Yunok...she is smart and capable and she always solves a situation in the right way

Although it is a bit suspicious how she just appeared out of that fog...  :D

behind the scene

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Both Naksu & So I have made critical decisions based on their love of others -

I had more time to read your post. Is this really THE  @LeftCoastOppa with whom I had watched Man in a veil and Fatal Promise?  You are so lyrical in this post :love: 

But surprisingly ( :lol:) I don't agree with you. The two ladies have made critical decisions based on their love for yhemselves not others. It's only in the last episode that Naksu was thinking of the lives of other and So-I too tried to protect Yul. 

5 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

. im absolutely fine with so-i if she keeps her hands to herself.. that instance when she thought assuming bu yeon’s identity gets her eligible to marry seo yul, my defense went on +1000

She did? So her critical decision to fake BY's identity is because of her love for Yul? Over ambitious, me thinks.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

That was a really beautiful kiss...     :fullofhearts:

I love how  straightforward Uk is. But he softly kissed her. 

I dont know if there is any other drama where  FL is holding a sword during the kiss scene. :D 

OST part 7

• Like 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, maribella said:

She is struggling to survive and she is faking the first daughter of an eminent family? She should have just gone to some farm and seduce the owner, that's trying to survive. 

Yeah ... if it wasn't for that annoying part of being kidnapped, and threatened with immediate death if she refused to play the part :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, maribella said:

I had more time to read your post. Is this really THE  @LeftCoastOppa with whom I had watched Man in a veil and Fatal Promise?  You are so lyrical in this post

Fatal Promise ... Red Shoes ... Miss Montecristo ... Second Husband ... but no, I never watched Man in a Veil (thankfully) :lol:

5 hours ago, maribella said:

She did? So her critical decision to fake BY's identity is because of her love for Yul? Over ambitious, me thinks.

So I had already been forced into serving as Bu Yeon when she found out who Yul was ( high ranking mage from a powerful family ).  She clearly was already taken with him when he saved her in the streets.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

:Pandabulous: I haven’t made a post in forever.

After reading the last page on the forum. I just want to answer some questions I read.

Why Naksu doesn't recognize Mu-Deok/Bu Yeon?

Bu Yeon has never actively shown or made herself visible to Naksu while Naksu was trapped in a body unless she tried to help her in some way subtly.

People who have changed bodies do not have memories of people they changed bodies with.

The last moment when they shows memories of Bu Yeon in the final episode. was Bu Yeon herself. Hence why the stone was activated.

Why isn’t So I suspected when she hit the stone?

Bu Yeon was suppose to be able to sense energy even if she was blind hence, the the original Mu deok was always able to say who was around her even if she was blind as seen in flash backs.

Why does Naksu in MD's body not work on getting her energy gates opened, in her case but was a big deal for Uk/JM/ (I am guessing) other mages?

Rather than it not being open, I think it was a case of her not being able to access it.

In resent episodes Bu Yeon’s sister was advising Naksu that her sister was a powerful priestess, she can trap someone in her and leave them powerless or something along the lines.

ANother moment was when bu yeon called Naksu just a soul when she was speaking to her in the stone. 

I’m curious if they will get another actor for season 2 to play Bu Yeon or keep season 2 about Naksu back story. 
Since the show is so popular, there is a chance to get the actor playing all

of them to sign for a different season .

14 hours ago, rocher22 said:

The CP is not worried about his mother, he was  restrained during the talks with Uk

he said, she is not his birth mom..

12 hours ago, maribella said:

She did?

she did.. when Jin Mu's man jeered that seo yul is way out of her league, she did say to herself about this..

Korean Drama What GIF by The Swoon

oh yeah, more alchemy of souls gif in the database!

• Like 7

Tips from the market scene that are useful for every girl    :D

Ju Wol - '' Do not buy unnecessary accessories.. Gold is the only thing you can trust..''   :approves:

the lovely scene immediately reminded me of the red rouge scene from ''Tomorrow''...:wub:

• Like 7

I don't think JangUk will have a hard time with Nasku's original body, he doesn't seem to be the type to focus on the body, on the other hand the crown prince will have a hard time for this,  afterwards for the audience will be weird

I really want to see BuYeon fully fledged also by being the most powerful ready, I want to see her badass, even if Nasu is the FL, there are so many characters now including BuYeon who are very interesting it would be a shame not to see her take her place again and tell stories for her

• Like 3

3 hours ago, emsel said:

@partyon Why no poll? Please include both wacky and logical answers. Wacky for those who are still holding on like me :( and logical for all those who enjoy the show :)

Seconding this! A poll would be fun during the finale week. Some best/worst awards about the plots/character would be great, e.g.:

- best written character

- best hug scene (they have plenty!)

- and/or best bridge scene

- best eye make up/hair do

- etc

Edit: on second thought, these kinds of questions would be better suited for after the finale week, i think

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, emsel said:

@partyon Why no poll? Please include both wacky and logical answers. Wacky for those who are still holding on like me :( and logical for all those who enjoy the show :)

LOL :D I am better at wacky options. :D

Sorry for not having put up a poll yet. The reason simply being that I was traveling last week and have yet to catch up on the latest episodes. I will try to catch up today and put up a poll later tonight. :glasses:

If you have any suggestions, please send them through. You can tag me on this thread or PM me. Whatever you prefer!

• Like 7