[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

On 8/30/2021 at 3:13 AM, Ameera Ali said:

she got the talent of insulting her potential customers in ONE GO

she doesn't know when to shut-up:D

On 8/29/2021 at 11:56 PM, heartoppaya said:

1. Coffee moment between the two

Can I also add a moment 1.5?
Du-Shik has to angrily 'confess' he likes Hye-Jin, because she's too blunt (low EQ) to get why he goes out of his way to 'help' her around, despite her being an 'outsider'. >..<

• Like 8

On 8/31/2021 at 8:57 AM, heartoppaya said:

If you’re an alcoholic the best game to do while watching this drama is the drinking game.

For example, drink everytime you see a dimple.

You’re gonna get soooooo drunk by the end of the day.

I told my youngest daughter about this drama and your drinking game idea and she loved it! :partyblob: I said to her she needs to wait a couple more years before she can do this type of "game" and I got this: :isannoyed::loolz:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Oh my God!

I just finished watching this episode and can I say how much I'm loving their chemistry? The dimples galore and the nonstop chemistry between the two.

How adorable was it for DS to learn Japanese to read that document for Kim Gari Halmoni? That was so adorable and so nice of him. And to be honest, complete husband material.

I do love how the main leads keep clashing but by the end of the day they correct their misunderstandings and are practically beaming at each other. No other dramas give me this much sweetness that I will be scared I will get diabetes from the total fluff.

I love how different they are, character wise:

Hye Jin has a cold exterior yet her heart warms as time passes. I wanna bet that the townsfolk are gonna fall in love with her more than Du Sik. LOL

Du Sik is nice to everyone and has a very open heart but that's what he's showing from inside because he's hiding some secret, like maybe the possibility of him being a chaebol son or something along that line. It could possibly be. Maybe he visited his dad's clinic because they asked him to come? Or maybe it was a sogaeting (blind date)? So many possibilities but I think chaebol son is the best possibility.

The smile in both their faces when she got back her shoe and the lights hit. Heh. Also is it a "Wizard of the Oz" reference? Because normally all Kdramas have a running fairytale theme, maybe with a modern twist. When Hye Jin clicked her heels and the lights came it kinda reminded me of "Wizard of the Oz". I might be wrong. Maybe its actually Cinderella, since her so-called-friends actually called her Cinderella and she lost her shoe, only for her handsome and charming prince to bring her shoe back.

This drama is hitting me right in the feels, and the ending in today's episode made me love it more than the ending last episode. Those smiles. Those dimples.

I hate to do the game I suggested, I might be drunk in five minutes.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I just finished Episode 3, too! Such a fun, creative show.

Some thoughts:

- I loved the beginning montage where they showed the different townspeople. Reminded me that this story is bigger than just the two leads.

- The road trip was hilarious! It was nice to fill in some of the halmeonis' stories and family relationships, and watch them all interact. The middle halmeoni's potty mouth rant was :lol::lol:. It's just nice to see other characters get so much screentime; in many dramas the side characters are just there to support the ML and FL's story, but in this drama we get to see the whole town's dynamics and interactions and that's really refreshing.

- Related to this, the acting is superb all around. I found the little boy's birthday dinner so moving, with the parents trying to show him love but also dealing with the tension between them. It made me care about what will happen to them as a couple as the show goes on.

- Hye-jin was so mean to Gam-ri halmeoni! I couldn't believe it when she asked her to leave the clinic! Then I remembered that she basically grew up without parents and I had more sympathy for her. Usually in Asian cultures (and other cultures!) it's our parents who teach us how to treat our elders and show them respect, and correct us when we're rude to people. My mom would've slapped me silly if I had ever talked to an elder the way Hye-jin talked to Gam-ri halmeoni. But with her mom dying young and her dad marrying someone else and being emotionally distant from Hye-jin, it makes sense that she's a little rough around the edges. Still...her behavior was pretty shocking.

- What do you all think about this? I feel like the show hasn't yet given Du-sik any flaws. The only thing the others accuse him of is being too nosy, but with him being the village Chief he has some authority and right to meddle in other people's lives. Otherwise he's perceptive, generous, kind, takes initiative, knows how to make everything (soap, coffee, AND candles!), cares about the village and individual people, etc. He's also clever - that trash scene in the office was brilliant - and he speaks up when he needs to. And judging by his beautiful home he's rich. It's not fair to have a ML out there who's so perfect. :lol:

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

- What do you all think about this? I feel like the show hasn't yet given Du-sik any flaws. The only thing the others accuse him of is being too nosy, but with him being the village Chief he has some authority and right to meddle in other people's lives. Otherwise he's perceptive, generous, kind, takes initiative, knows how to make everything (soap, coffee, AND candles!), cares about the village and individual people, etc. He's also clever - that trash scene in the office was brilliant - and he speaks up when he needs to. And judging by his beautiful home he's rich. It's not fair to have a ML out there who's so perfect. :lol:

I agree with each and everything you said about Du sik, but about not having flaws, I disagree. Yes, he's totally boyfriend material and husband material but something is bothering him. We saw him visit someone at a clinic and then waking up in sweat from a nightmare or a memory. Something is bothering him, and he's feeling guilty. And because of that you can't say that he's entirely without flaws. Something dark is lurking around him.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

20 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

I agree with each and everything you said about Du sik, but about not having flaws, I disagree. Yes, he's totally boyfriend material and husband material but something is bothering him. We saw him visit someone at a clinic and then waking up in sweat from a nightmare or a memory. Something is bothering him, and he's feeling guilty. And because of that you can't say that he's entirely without flaws. Something dark is lurking around him.

You're right - something is bothering him. I wouldn't have thought about him feeling guilty, but now that you say that I can see it as a possibility. Maybe he had to put his grandfather or one of his parents into the Seoul clinic but it's a big secret? And someone in the show did say Du-sik has been going to Seoul more often recently.

Hmmmm..... :rubchin:

• Like 8

I knew he would find the shoe and return it to her. I was saying it's impossible that the shoe would be in great condition after being in salt water, but look at him googling "How to dry shoes during monsoon season" This is the part I object that he is too perfect. He must be a wizard because it looks new again, because these youtube videos make it sound so easy but it's really not! 

Not the fact that he can make coffee (is a certified barista), candles, or soap. Those things you can learn. And yea he has a lot of other licenses :D 

I am living for the smiles of both male and female lead. Kim Seonho and Shin Minah's warmth just makes me feel like I'm eating chocolate cake. 

unknown.png

How can anyone say no to this guy? I just love the way they each look at the other person, unobserved, and just basking in each other's antics. 

Regarding Dusik's Seoul trip - this is a building that has several clinics, so we don't know which one he visited. Someone already said he might be related to one of the CEO (clinic chiefs?) in that building, since he has come up to Seoul several times now. I actually thought he has some health issue, though I wouldn't know which one, since this building houses psychiatrist, dentist, urology etc... (And he does have nightmares, so it might be a mental health issue?)

Highlights of this episode are of course when he returns her shoe, her dance and his smile, and the Seoul roadtrip with the grandmas. I just loved their interaction of them singing, but Hyejin being partypooper. How long until she will join in? Next episode looks like she is enjoying her time with Dusik :D I also liked the boy's birthday and how his parents tried hard, but he was being mature and telling them it's okay. 

Heartbreaking scenes were when Grandma refused to get treatment to not be a burden, and her son advising her to get dentures, researching a way to make implants sound bad, just so he doesn't have to pay. Sigh. 

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, agenth said:

Regarding Dusik's Seoul trip - this is a building that has several clinics, so we don't know which one he visited. Someone already said he might be related to one of the CEO (clinic chiefs?) in that building, since he has come up to Seoul several times now. I actually thought he has some health issue, though I wouldn't know which one, since this building houses psychiatrist, dentist, urology etc... (And he does have nightmares, so it might be a mental health issue?)

I agree with the mental health thing because with all the work he's doing its weird that he's not getting mentally stressed because of it. On the other hand if he's visiting the Urology clinic maybe he's worried about some tumor growing in his body and he's afraid it might be cancer? And not to put off anyone but he's actually getting medication for it. Maybe its hereditary, maybe one of his parents had it.

Either way, I'm forecasting trouble waits for him in Seoul. And a storm is impending.

Makes me wanna watch the original 2004 movie but I want to watch HC as a new person, so I won't watch it.

Edit: In the 2004 summary, it says that Mr. Hong is a marvelous fighter (like in Matrix LOL) so maybe he hurt someone so bad that they had to be admitted to a Seoul Clinic and he's visiting that someone because they used to be friends but because of this fight they started getting distant.

I'm a writer, so many ideas pop up in my head. 

Edited by heartoppaya
Added something random
  • Like 7

Ok Today's episode .....

Do sik is Nosy, but Attentive 

I do not agree with the opportunity he took to ride with Grannies and Hye Jin in her car.

I do however see where he was coming from to help the grannies avoid trucks. 

I did understand why he chasisted Hye Jin for the way she counter questioned granny straighforward for her Monetary issues But again He keeps forcing people to think outside of box almost too much.I myself don't like too much Nosy People because they eventually get a uppet hand and destroy your Set Barriers.

The Guy has a Trauma and is takinf what I assume is either antidepressent or anxiety pills.Else he has some Illness hence doing all the he can before he dies or some stuff Like that.(indication Hospital trip which can denote visiting someone or getting treatement)

Hye Jin is Too much reckless spender IMO.And it is LEGIT TOO MUCH. She is right with her head except when it comes to Do Sik, what was the Need to Overreact when she saw him outside the Seoul Party Place? I mean had she not reacted that manner her friend would not end up thinking worst of It.Also HE IS CHASING HEr? That was a Shallow thing Lol. She is Practical and Dumb at the same time.

Final Conclusion::

Its just their mindsets are Right and wrong depending on whose experience you connect with more.Both are very relatable and Not so there is no right Or wrong between them IMO.

Also Roger Vivier Shoes can SURVIVE without breaking travelling from Beach to Sea and not loose a Single Gem or shine.....Wow the Best PPL promotion EVER.:wow2:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 1

Prince Charming returned Cinderella's glass slippers. Her electricity was restored and all's right in the world once more ha-ha. The ost of "la la la" playin' in the background was well timed too. 

I am glad that grandma Kim agreed to get implants. Doo Shik cared more for her than her own flesh & blood! 

And was relieved that Doo Shik admitted he misjudged Hye Jin & apologized. Her other city friends were so judgmental ugh. I liked how she clapback at them LoL. 

It seems like Doo Shik suffer from recurring nightmares(?) and is takin' meds. I'm just nervous 'cause there's the arrival of a second male lead (from trailers etc) soon I guess.. 

• Like 7

Not so normal things going around Chief Hong:
1. He visits Seoul often, and it's a medical facility.
2. He has nightmares and is on meds.
3. He orders these shiny objects that come to him on a monthly (?) basis that cost about 100 dollars. No idea what it is....

• Like 8

our vengeful couple...   '' eye for eye..''   :lol:

202109041402052410_2_20210904140325379.j

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000486334&spi_ref=m_entertain_twitter#

I laughed when DS said that HJ and that hedgehog are similar...

I assume that DS goes to psychiatris 

He doesnt bring into his house anything thats is live...this is sad...

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

DS is def moving on from his past... nightmares, the clinic trip (thinking he went to psyc) and last wk he wants to trow his business jacket. Possible he was a rock star from his prev profession (ala Start up) but encountered something to get him back to the town. 

@anjulietyep both characters needs healing and the town will give them that. 

This drama is visually beautiful :fullofhearts:

• Like 9

8 hours ago, heartoppaya said:

Edit: In the 2004 summary, it says that Mr. Hong is a marvelous fighter (like in Matrix LOL) so maybe he hurt someone so bad that they had to be admitted to a Seoul Clinic and he's visiting that someone because they used to be friends but because of this fight they started getting distant.

I watched the 2004 movie and that fighter thing is no big deal lol. In the movie he just fought off some thugs who were harassing HJ and he had a school reputation for being a good fighter.

As for the movie itself, honestly it was bad... I'd rate it 5/10 and that's me being generous. I can see some aspects of the show that they took from the movie and I'm seeing some similarities already. One thing from the movie that was a Huge Miss was hinting that after the army DS went back to school for 3 years but no one knows what happened to him during that time. And the movie just never explained what happened??? Like seriously, just dropped the subject altogether! So I'm really hoping the drama will find a reason for that. 

Re: what he could be experiencing. That was definitely a medical clinic and I'm praying DS isn't inflicted with a life-threatening illness or something (eg. cancer) because that'll be too sad yet on par with kdramaland. We want a healing and happy ending show!

Anyway, some possible *spoilers*/notes I gleaned from the original 2004 Mr. Hong:

Spoiler

1. HJ was very forthright with DS with her feelings--she even asked him out first! She got rejected initially though (I can see this being in the drama too, with DS playing the noble idiot card that we all hate). Anyway I just want this to be the same in the drama with HJ confessing first.

2. Thugs will harass HJ in the clinic and she calls them out on it. DS comes to fight them off. Judging from the ep 4 preview they might repeat that here.

3. DS also moonlights as a singer at a restaurant but he was bad lol. Hopefully the drama can rectify that since actor Seon Ho reportedly has a nice voice!

4. The two drink together at DS's house--nothing happens of course. But HJ does the walk-of-shame in the early morning and the whole town talks about it. Scandal! This happens twice. :joy:

5. The movie does have a happy ending. She stays in town and lives happily-ever-after with our handyman so here's hoping!

Edited by mysticmango
  • Like 10
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, mysticmango said:

Hide contents

1. HJ was very forthright with DS with her feelings--she even asked him out first! She got rejected initially though (I can see this being in the drama too, with DS playing the noble idiot card that we all hate). Anyway I just want this to be the same in the drama with HJ confessing first.

2. Thugs will harass HJ in the clinic and she calls them out on it. DS comes to fight them off. Judging from the ep 4 preview they might repeat that here.

3. DS also moonlights as a singer at a restaurant but he was bad lol. Hopefully the drama can rectify that since actor Seon Ho reportedly has a nice voice!

4. The two drink together at DS's house--nothing happens of course. But HJ does the walk-of-shame in the early morning and the whole town talks about it. Scandal! This happens twice. :joy:

5. The movie does have a happy ending. She stays in town and lives happily-ever-after with our handyman so here's hoping!

what is change is the character of the second male lead? seems he's not in the movie, and the drama is much longer, 16 EPISODES with 1h each, so many twists will come, i can see, a ex fiancee citadine for DS who arrive soon,  and a trauma for him

• Like 4