[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

Ep 2 - I literally laughed out loud several times; this drama has it own humor and wit. 

Happy Fun GIF

Spoiler

The scenes with the elderly ladies really made me miss my grandmother and oh my village also a speaker system like that for village announcement, emergencies, and exercises lol. 

lol the small town politics lol it’s so true  and how they judge and the whole smell of fish complaint turned into an issue lol and it takes time to get to know the community and people. 

Regarding the character developments, I am impressed they made our leading lady - HJ - a ‘city snob’. I think it is realistic—she’s not coming across as someone with high EQ since the first episode. I didn’t expect the the microphone scene expose!! OMg! She just killed her reputation but I think it is a good lesson for her to learn. I can’t believe she didn’t apologize when she had some chances tho. and she won’t give the rice cake to the coffee singer guy! I like that they made her character like this - flaws in all. 

DS is right - sincere apology is the only solution. He did a lot to help her at the town meeting. But I couldn’t believe she STILL didn’t apologize directly and made a fuss. Karma is coming for her lol. The play sick and he pulls out the temperature thingy lol amazing! 

lol those kids are super super smart lol

Re her friend busting her bf, the spring onion line lol (I knew it that her friend would also come!) 

I am happy she finally directly apologized - it made the poor guy so happy that she listened to his song and gave feedback! I hope she will also help him make better coffee lol. 

HJ really likes to wear inappropriate shoes to the beach lol! I get the plot device lol. Another fun episode. 

Nooooooooo - not the childhood trope!!!!! Ugh!!! 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, agenth said:

That's a major plothole, considering the whole town are busybodies with Doctor, yet her friend is invisible to them. 

Yup I agree. Why her friend don't have to go for the party and also didn't  join the communal work? Usually people living in small town can quickly realise if they have new people living in their neighbourhood. Let alone she is working at the clinic too. Not once thw nosy neighbours say anything about her friend. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, agenth said:

Yes it's a bit too smooth sailing. I agree with your view point, which is also why I don't consider her that smart. She opens a new business and expects lots of people without work. They think the SNS gets her customers - a town where majority are +40s???? She had to be dragged to the town party, too. 

Moreover, her friend from Seoul has moved to the town as well, but everyone ignores the new arrival, when they were super excited with Dentist her. No introductions on the street (even if they ignored her and gave her cold shoulder, it's pretty rude they didn't say hi to the friend). Plus when Chief arrives for trash duty, he could have also asked the friend to come along. 

That's a major plothole, considering the whole town are busybodies with Doctor, yet her friend is invisible to them. 

Totally agree that she wasn't working too hard to draw in business. Not sure what she expected, especially as she has only lived in town two weeks and hasn't really connected with anyone except to complain.

And I noticed that as well - it was very strange that the new friend wasn't acknowledged at all. Especially as she would need to go out and get her own supplies/ groceries etc for life in this new town. For her to be ignored makes her seem like a one-dimensional character, which is too bad when the other characters are more well-drawn and well-developed.

Question for everyone: is this red lighthouse the same that's in It's Okay to Not Be Okay? I can't remember the episode, but it's when Ko Moon Young drives Moon Gang Tae all the way out to the point and leaves him there, by the red lighthouse. If it's the same, I wonder if this small town is near the same filming location as the seaside village in IOTNBO. Parts of the scenery have definitely felt familiar to me, for example when they're driving the car on the road by the water.

• Like 10

13 hours ago, heartoppaya said:

I feel the same way. He does contemplate on the tux in his wardrobe. Also he’s a handyman but something about his lost parentage makes me wonder the same too. Maybe he came to live with his grandpa when his parents are abroad or something.

Yeah, I could see that as well nod.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Don't tell me that the lead actually do have profesional job/good income before and very well educated but in the end, he left everything and choose to comeback to his hometown to take care of his grandma (I know she is not his real grandma). That's explain the title of the drama Hometown Cha Cha Cha. Look how he could do almost everything and one part catch me is how good he brews coffee? If you watch a lot of K-drama, usually those who knows how to brew coffee studies overseas before. It just my speculation

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

19 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I was approaching it from his qualification in the trade skills - normally its a specialization in 1 or 2, not a wallet full. 

Guess he is all rounder :glasses:  with the string of business cards.

I have never seen any guys kept their money in a coin purse &  i cannot accept my dimple oppa having it.

:kicks:

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

Future "hints" they dropped that I hope they'll make true in the show:

• HJ saying she needs coffee to start her day. We see DS making some at the cafe. Maybe he'll start making her coffee before work? 
  • HJ telling DS what her dream house consists of. Maybe he'll end up building it for her in the end? Wouldn't that be romantic~~

As for our mysterious male lead... he definitely has a history. He was reading Walden by Thoreau, and the main point of that novel was to live simply. DS definitely seems very educated and accomplished, perhaps he was part of the rat race in the corporate world but gave it up after something happened? I hope there's a backstory to him wanting to only be paid minimum wage and refusing a raise too.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 6

If you’re an alcoholic the best game to do while watching this drama is the drinking game.

For example, drink everytime you see a dimple.

You’re gonna get soooooo drunk by the end of the day.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

4 hours ago, heartoppaya said:

the best game to do while watching this drama is the drinking game.

For example, drink everytime you see a dimple.

You’re gonna get soooooo drunk by the end of the day.

As much as I would love to, my liver, not to mention my doctor and also my consultant, will kill me! :emmm::loolz:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 2

Just started this show, I'm SO looking forward to seeing more! I really needed a break from the murder/cheating/thriller style dramas that we've been getting lately. Love them but needed something really light and fun which this drama seems to be :glee:

• Like 8

On 8/31/2021 at 12:37 PM, mysticmango said:

perhaps he was part of the rat race in the corporate world but gave it up after something happened?

I have a feeling he was in Seoul, chasing the heights of the corporate-life and couldn't make it back to the village for his Grandfather's last few days? Would have arrived late for the funeral; thus had major regrets?

Also, he seems to have a massive inheritance. Maybe his parents were the corporate-life chasers in Seoul and he kinda resents them for leaving him to be raised by his Grandpa? He's living off his savings/inheritance for sure, and continues to refuse pay-raises, and goes by minimum wages?

Definitely has tons of backstory going on... cannot wait to see how Hye-Jin heals him out of it. Cuz the villagers surely haven't managed to, after all these years! <3

On 8/30/2021 at 9:12 PM, Yinye said:

The play sick and he pulls out the temperature thingy lol amazing! 

He has all the gadgets in his backpack, and all the cash and small change in his tiny coin-purse. I love his characterization! :sparklyeyes:

On 8/30/2021 at 1:41 PM, heartoppaya said:

He does contemplate on the tux in his wardrobe.

Looks more like the suit he probably wore to this Grandpa's funeral... T_T

• Like 8