[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Word of Honor 山河令

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, Wuzetian said:

Fan art 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/392572185345560/permalink/439993570603421/

Btw is Youku going to release last 4 episodes tonight? I keep seeing messages on fb saying this. Can anyone verify?

@kur4p1k4 @miaka fy @arcchidus @skibbies @thyzt 

@UnniSarah @linhlinh linh @JoyceDreamer

Yes. If you pay extra.

Also real ending is in a separate Easter Egg for censorship passing reasons!!!!! 

It’s...

Spoiler

Happy ending where our mains live on forever together play fighting with each other. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Err.. Special ending already available in YT. only 7 minutes. Err... Y so short? We want more!!!! 

Fangirling mode activated. Kya!!! 

Eventhough all the episodes successfully aired, I'll enjoy the youku YT with subs. I'll enjoy the beauty of this couple. Dont worry, I'm still love ZZH/JJY more than ZZH/GJ. 

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

@arcchidus Do censorship just don't like happy ending?:sweatingbullets: It always have to be bloody ambiguous ending

I wonder, will they just edit in the happy ending to ep.36 for Youtube or just put it as separate video same as Youku version?

Almost flipped the table when saw the ending of ep.36, but then saw the post credit scene, thank heavens for that, if not all the Chinese fan will probably tank the rating and kill Youku

Edited by kur4p1k4
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@arcchidus Do censorship just don't like happy ending?:sweatingbullets: It always have to be bloody ambiguous ending

Almost flipped the table when saw the ending of ep.36, but then saw the post credit scene, thank heavens for that, if not all the Chinese fan will probably tank the rating and kill Youku

From what I gathered, it’s either because BL is not allowed to have happy ending or because a character like WKX — a true to the bone anti hero — is not allowed to get a happy ending.

The shown runner confirmed the real ending is in the post credit special though.  

• Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

@an-naum @kur4p1k4 @arcchidus

I tried to download the app. But it's all in Chinese. Even if I tried to switch the language there's no English. Is there a specific Youku International app? 

From both of your comments, so the ending is not as what we expected but only in the Easter egg episode? 

@UnniSarah which episode are you at now?

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

57 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

@an-naum @kur4p1k4 @arcchidus

I tried to download the app. But it's all in Chinese. Even if I tried to switch the language there's no English. Is there a specific Youku International app? 

From both of your comments, so the ending is not as what we expected but only in the Easter egg episode? 

@UnniSarah which episode are you at now?

Youku have no international app, because they previously licensed their dramas to other platforms. They were wholly unprepared for this drama's popularity internationally and only whipped up eng sub on its own site like last week? Someone on MDL posted a guide to subscribe to youku. https://mydramalist.com/discussions/tian-ya-ke/60635-how-to-subscribe-to-youku-vip 

Youku VIP will see the last episode on saturday, it will be english subbed too. Youtube will have to wait till May 5.

2 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

1 hour ago, arcchidus said:

From what I gathered, it’s either because BL is not allowed to have happy ending or because a character like WKX — a true to the bone anti hero — is not allowed to get a happy ending.

The shown runner confirmed the real ending is in the post credit special though.  

It's because WKX is anti-hero, ZSS being an assassin is kind of problematic too. NRTA doesn't really like morally gray/dark characters as protagonists, it's meant to be a justice always prevail kind of rule. It's not a hard rule by the way, more a guideline, so how strictly it's enforced depends on how good your producer is and how far the narrative push it + how it's framed. It's not the BL thing, because if it's the BL, you wouldn't see the drama at all, the rule related to BL is specifically about homosexual relationship being displayed, not that gays must have bad endings lol.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, skibbies said:

It's because WKX is anti-hero, ZSS being an assassin is kind of problematic too. NRTA doesn't really like morally gray/dark characters as protagonists, it's meant to be a justice always prevail kind of rule. It's not a hard rule by the way, more a guideline, so how strictly it's enforced depends on how good your producer is and how far the narrative push it + how it's framed. It's not the BL thing, because if it's the BL, you wouldn't see the drama at all, the rule related to BL is specifically about homosexual relationship being displayed, not that gays must have bad endings lol.

Yeah, they even vaguely told  ZZS past, granted that the novel itself did not really tell about ZZS past, you need to read Lord Seventh to actually know it. and because of that, the drama version ZZS does not seem to have as big as an impact as WKX.

But overall, I love it, a good year to start BL drama. :fullofhearts:

Also, it funny, how the scriptwriter disguise the 

Spoiler

key of the lapis armour

as an hairpin, and use the scene of WKX to give it to ZZS.  :heart3:

because it is integral part of the story. so they use it as an excuse. lol.

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

@arcchidus@skibbies Thanks for the info, that's a bit grim that you can't have morally grey characters have a happy ending or at least a good ending as a guideline. Western TV series is at it's golden age for a few years now, is precisely because of a lot of interesting morally grey characters that can have all kinds of ending.

But then why does the extra ending can be aired though? Is it because it's so short that it doesn't have to be submitted to censorship to air?

Still even with all the guideline I really like how much they could get away with the BL content and and how good all the wuxia stuffs. The production team has a vision and all of them execute them well.

Even the ending fight is a callback to their fight on the lake

https://twitter.com/rosecnvs/status/1374325781543841794?s=20

When they were fighting on the mountain and saw the movement I thought it looked familiar and surprise surprise chinese weibo already caught it so quick lol.

And for the first time I don't mind the slow-mo during the fight since at least in this series there's a reason for it. Most of the slow-mo is during WKX and ZZS fight, which means they're not really fighting, they're flirting :joy:

So yeah for anyone that hate slow-mo in wuxia like me, just know there's a reason. I would say most of the fight there's not too much slow-mo and it's quite enjoyable.

For wuxia genre watcher I hope you guys can at least try to give it a watch, I think you can enjoy it, I don't really follow chinese BL and I like it, I really only start watching since they say it's wuxia.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

21 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@arcchidus@skibbies Thanks for the info, that's a bit grim that you can't have morally grey characters have a happy ending or at least a good ending as a guideline. Western TV series is at it's golden age for a few years now, is precisely because of a lot of interesting morally grey characters that can have all kinds of ending.

But then why does the extra ending can be aired though? Is it because it's so short that it doesn't have to be submitted to censorship to air?

21 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Still even with all the guideline I really like how much they could get away with the BL content and and how good all the wuxia stuffs. The production team has a vision and all of them execute them well.

Even the ending fight is a callback to their fight on the lake

https://twitter.com/rosecnvs/status/1374325781543841794?s=20

When they were fighting on the mountain and saw the movement I thought it looked familiar and surprise surprise chinese weibo already caught it so quick lol.

And for the first time I don't mind the slow-mo during the fight since at least in this series there's a reason for it. Most of the slow-mo is during WKX and ZZS fight, which means they're not really fighting, they're flirting :joy:

So yeah for anyone that hate slow-mo in wuxia like me, just know there's a reason. I would say most of the fight there's not too much slow-mo and it's quite enjoyable.

For wuxia genre watcher I hope you guys can at least try to give it a watch, I think you can enjoy it, I don't really follow chinese BL and I like it, I really only start watching since they say it's wuxia.

They released it as an Easter Egg within what can be described as a music video which doesn’t need to go through stringent approval like a show. 

It’s rather cleaver especially considering they are charging ppl for it, and many fans would be willing to pay 3 Yuan for that happy ending. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

OMG because I know it's will the end today for WOH, I went to spend more more than hundred dollard for sushi and for to prepare to watch. Just back home and prepare to eat my sushi...I'm die...NO isn't only me LOL omg I will gain weight like that...impossible!!! LOLLLL

3YegAvZ.jpg

I finish to download all episode until 36 and episode 37 too! Yep all episode let's me be with my sorrow for MY WOH :crybaby::crybaby: it's FINISH.....but I didn't watch yet but in IG and Facebook everyone are intense...omg

So how do you like it everyone? WE DID HAVE OUR HAPPY ENDING YAY:happydance:(but seem in IG they said they was in a close world something like that and cannot go out hm let's me come back after watch)

@kur4p1k4 I love your picture you post here dear!!! :wub: That so majestic with everyone in a same picture....Also OMG thank to tell me about Prime Video!!! Will go to check later about that kyaaaaaaa edit: o.o isn't in my prime video Canada :cries: GOD I send a request to prime video Canada snifff!!! Where is MY WOH is Canada awawaaaa

@arcchidus dear it's out already the edit version? I also have two version for episode 14 that isn't a same at all too...I think they do edit too in episode 13 and 14. Some BGM was delete..some scene was change...hm maybe I'm wrong but well I will see again then. For youku v.i.p is 3$ if I remember...hm really cheap o.o

@UnniSarah Chingu!!!!! :approves: you have me dear I will send to you all episodes if you want it and also if you want the subbed by YOUKU, I have I think 28 eng subbed. Just dw from Youku program is easy. But for sure I will continue to rewatch in YT for support them because the beautiful serie they give to us. Kyaaaaaa yay you finally finish all your episodes you want to watch hugss!

@an-naum I think you talking about the episode 37 that I dw hm..dunno I didn't open yet but omg..should we wait in April 4 maybe we have another surprise ohhhh

@binary0018 OMG he soooooo kyaaaaaaaaaaaaa I LOVE SO MUCH WKZ like that omg  btw welcome in the tread, let's keep talk with everyone and have fun !!!:partyblob:

@Wuzetian dear that isn't a same like a novel totally BUT I recommend to watch WKZ shameless flirting with ZZS...it's WIN over everything :fullofhearts:

@skibbies I think because our two sweetie was a anti-hero and was not clean (in a sense we know they did kill a lot peoples) that why I was worry they need to paid for everything. They did suffer but in a same time, they did kill a lot innocence. With that, they make ''Gu Xiang'' kind a paid for the crime. Priest did want everyone paid for something....so we do have a happy ending for our lovers ...euh I mean BROMANCEEEEE...but was in forever be alone...close down...no liberty...but TOGETHER....in a cold place..

@thyzt dear I send to you ep 37 aka special 1:kiss_wink:

don't read is about the special episode....

Spoiler

WTH NO WAY ZCL IS SO BIG and O.O CHILD o.o....EDIT: nope isnt ZCL but later generation omg....

hairpin..don't read it spoil...

Spoiler

BTW is kind easy to figure out that the key was really the hairpin...they give a lot information from episode 01 so for sure when WKZ give to ZZH the hairpin..it's like a promise to marriage and the only thing that WKZ have from his parent was....the hairpin. 

COME back later to edit this post everyone ...go eat and watch episode 33 

EDIT: OMG I SHOULD FILMED ME WHEN WKZ APPEAR IN EPISODE 33 omg omg omggggggggggggggggggggggg kyaaaaaaaaa 

Spoiler

WKZ:cries: I feel your pain when you ask when your parent was suffer where are you all ''clean'' sect...Emei was there too O.O ohh shaolin, Outang.....

episode 35 is RAINING omg I'M CRYING RIGHT NOW :cries::cries: so hurt ZZS, SPECIALLY GU XIANG X CAO WEI NING '' WATER COMING NO STOP FROM MY EYES...'' ..where my kleenex box...I know I will cry I know from the novel BUT now in from of me is ...*TEARS*

EPISODE 35 YOU ALL NEED A RESERVE BOX OF TISSUE just be warning before sniff<<

nevermind I NEED to wait UNTIL the April 4 hm...for the real ending.

Spoiler

What happen with everyone Ye Baiyi, Lord Seventh, Wuji...??? I still have some question....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@miaka fy Enjoy your sushi. :approves:

thank you for the episode 37 aka special 1. love it.

hopefully they make more special episodes. I think they should make proper ending for CWN and GX. at least let them meet at the modern time period since it is easier setting, and do not need costume or anything. and have WKX be his brother. they have cute interaction in Weibo, I found it out twitter, but now I could not find it anymore. XP :hwaiting2:

• Love 1

15 hours ago, miaka fy said:

OMG because I know it's will the end today for WOH, I went to spend more more than hundred dollard for sushi and for to prepare to watch. Just back home and prepare to eat my sushi...I'm die...NO isn't only me LOL omg I will gain weight like that...impossible!!! LOLLLL

I finish to download all episode until 36 and episode 37 too! Yep all episode let's me be with my sorrow for MY WOH  it's FINISH.....but I didn't watch yet but in IG and Facebook everyone are intense...omg

So how do you like it everyone? WE DID HAVE OUR HAPPY ENDING YAY(but seem in IG they said they was in a close world something like that and cannot go out hm let's me come back after watch)

@kur4p1k4 I love your picture you post here dear!!! :wub: That so majestic with everyone in a same picture....Also OMG thank to tell me about Prime Video!!! Will go to check later about that kyaaaaaaa edit: o.o isn't in my prime video Canada  GOD I send a request to prime video Canada snifff!!! Where is MY WOH is Canada awawaaaa

@arcchidus dear it's out already the edit version? I also have two version for episode 14 that isn't a same at all too...I think they do edit too in episode 13 and 14. Some BGM was delete..some scene was change...hm maybe I'm wrong but well I will see again then. For youku v.i.p is 3$ if I remember...hm really cheap o.o

@UnniSarah Chingu!!!!!  you have me dear I will send to you all episodes if you want it and also if you want the subbed by YOUKU, I have I think 28 eng subbed. Just dw from Youku program is easy. But for sure I will continue to rewatch in YT for support them because the beautiful serie they give to us. Kyaaaaaa yay you finally finish all your episodes you want to watch hugss!

@an-naum I think you talking about the episode 37 that I dw hm..dunno I didn't open yet but omg..should we wait in April 4 maybe we have another surprise ohhhh

@binary0018 OMG he soooooo kyaaaaaaaaaaaaa I LOVE SO MUCH WKZ like that omg  btw welcome in the tread, let's keep talk with everyone and have fun !!!:partyblob:

@Wuzetian dear that isn't a same like a novel totally BUT I recommend to watch WKZ shameless flirting with ZZS...it's WIN over everything

@skibbies I think because our two sweetie was a anti-hero and was not clean (in a sense we know they did kill a lot peoples) that why I was worry they need to paid for everything. They did suffer but in a same time, they did kill a lot innocence. With that, they make ''Gu Xiang'' kind a paid for the crime. Priest did want everyone paid for something....so we do have a happy ending for our lovers ...euh I mean BROMANCEEEEE...but was in forever be alone...close down...no liberty...but TOGETHER....in a cold place..

@thyzt dear I send to you ep 37 aka special 1:kiss_wink:

don't read is about the special episode....

Reveal hidden contents

WTH NO WAY ZCL IS SO BIG and O.O CHILD o.o....EDIT: nope isnt ZCL but later generation omg....

hairpin..don't read it spoil...

Reveal hidden contents

BTW is kind easy to figure out that the key was really the hairpin...they give a lot information from episode 01 so for sure when WKZ give to ZZH the hairpin..it's like a promise to marriage and the only thing that WKZ have from his parent was....the hairpin. 

COME back later to edit this post everyone ...go eat and watch episode 33 

EDIT: OMG I SHOULD FILMED ME WHEN WKZ APPEAR IN EPISODE 33 omg omg omggggggggggggggggggggggg kyaaaaaaaaa 

Reveal hidden contents

WKZ I feel your pain when you ask when your parent was suffer where are you all ''clean'' sect...Emei was there too O.O ohh shaolin, Outang.....

episode 35 is RAINING omg I'M CRYING RIGHT NOW  so hurt ZZS, SPECIALLY GU XIANG X CAO WEI NING '' WATER COMING NO STOP FROM MY EYES...'' ..where my kleenex box...I know I will cry I know from the novel BUT now in from of me is ...*TEARS*

EPISODE 35 YOU ALL NEED A RESERVE BOX OF TISSUE just be warning before sniff<<

nevermind I NEED to wait UNTIL the April 4 hm...for the real ending.

Reveal hidden contents

What happen with everyone Ye Baiyi, Lord Seventh, Wuji...??? I still have some question....

is there a ep 37? can you please send to me . thanks

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, taekwang said:

is there a ep 37? can you please send to me . thanks

Basically it's not really an episode. Lol. More like a normal MV in which they have hidden the happy ending there. Perhaps to escape the strict regulation. 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Basically it's not really an episode. Lol. More like a normal MV in which they have hidden the happy ending there. Perhaps to escape the strict regulation. 

thanks for explaining. i found it. it's named as caidan 彩蛋 or Easter egg (direct translation). hhmmm...Ep 36 ending - i dun like it, I am thinking - wont the fans of Gong Jun slaughter this show with that kind of vague ending. fortunately there's an added bonus easter egg.. i bet many hits for this added bonus mv.

• Wiggle 1

I finally watched episode 12-15 . It was good and the cast is doing well.  Zhou Zi Shu and Wen Ke Xing have great chemistry. I sometimes hate how  they call Wen Ke Xing crazy when they love to kill people themselves. 
There are a lot of changes from the novel that are acceptable but there are some I wish was  added to the drama. Some scenes that was touching to me.

@Wuzetian @miaka fy

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886d4c7a1d24bde857403

Beautiful visuals 

Love this scene

• Like 4
  • Love 1