[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Word of Honor 山河令

sugarplum892

8 hours ago, Drama Bowl said:

Why isn't there an official thread for Zhang Zhehan and Gong Jun? 

:idk:

Has there been something similar for other pages before? I dont think there's any for ZYL & BY. Only individual so far. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Has there been something similar for other pages before? I dont think there's any for ZYL & BY. Only individual so far. 

I mean one official thread for Gong Jun, and one official thread for Zhang Zhehan. I saw other actors, such as Deng Lun, with their own thread. :lol:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Blob 1

@Wuzetian You are always up to date. Thanks.:approves:

Btw, I really wish they keep the "ni shi wo de ren". Lol, I really like this line a lot whenever I read a novel or watching drama. But I know this is going to be a problem when it said here. Well... we already have more than enough fluff stuff for WOH. :highonflowers:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Drama Bowl said:

I mean one official thread for Gong Jun, and one official thread for Zhang Zhehan. I saw other actors, such as Deng Lun, with their own thread. :lol:

Oh now I get what you meant. Umm.. I'm not sure how to create one. Let's ask our pretty and friendly admin here @Jillia any advice :wub: ?

1 hour ago, thyzt said:

@Wuzetian You are always up to date. Thanks.

Btw, I really wish they keep the "ni shi wo de ren". Lol, I really like this line a lot whenever I read a novel or watching drama. But I know this is going to be a problem when it said here. Well... we already have more than enough fluff stuff for WOH. 

Lol...you are welcome ;) I don't know when this obsession will ever end...So just trying my best to feed everyone here especially for international fans... And most of the time I just happen to see the new video notification button when I am about to sleep!!! So much sugars before sleeping 

:eatscookie:

@dzareth :heythere:

Don't think they resemble each other though. But good to know another handsome fellow actor! 

Have you finished watching already? 

• Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

and @Drama Bowl

If you would like to create celebrity threads for both actors you can do so in the "Global Celebrities" section by clicking on the "Start New Topic" button - top right:

https://forums.soompi.com/forum/18-global-celebrities/

Please make sure to make the first post look informative - you can have a look at other threads to see how they can look like. :D If you have more questions, please let me know.

Thanks @Jillia :kiss_wink:

More BTS sugars 

• Blob 1

https://twitter.com/wenwen11113/status/1377461017588899841

Cr for TL:@wenwen11113

Original article: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzAwMzM4MTM2OA==&mid=2656724158&idx=1&sn=4dbb44d9fb51ce9cdd5e4f66df0b5f9a&chksm=8092c5a9b7e54cbf4ea3b083bb7a1e2fbda4e37e470c5f8d81dd9891e940ecb1af57479dadbc#rd

Snippets on some of the translation of the article, go to twitter thread for the rest. It's interesting read overall to know what they were thinking when making WoH

Spoiler

The producers said they were very clear on the kind of actors they wanted, not necessarily famous or with high internet traffic. So they crossed off a lot of ppl at that point.

1) Male leads must be between 27 and 29, with much life experiences. This drama is not about growing into an adult.
2) Must be unmarried, to maintain residual heat of the drama. Unfortunately, that's the reality.
3) must suit the image. #zhouzishu must be skinny, weak looking.

From the lead costume designer: #WENKEXING has 16 outfits and #ZhouZishu has 18 in WOH. The suitability of the outfit relies on the person wearing it. Thank you #Gongjun for displaying my designs so well. 2 design innovations for this drama: use of colour + weight/layers

Q: Did #wordofhonor run into probs in the initial stages? A: We took detours initially. I didnt like the scriptwriters we had because they dont have enough life or love experiences so their words were vague and empty, purely out of imagination. Luckily I found Nada (scriptwriter)
I didnt think she could do it at first because she came from Canada and was overseas a long time. She used 3 to 4 days and wrote 20 to 30k words of script, including the poetry and olden-day prose you have seen. I asked her how she was so acquainted with chinese literature having been overseas for so long. Nada replied that she loved Chinese Wuxia. Wuxia to a Chinese is a romantic dream.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

https://twitter.com/naanthots/status/1377254009451413512

Interview with Producer Ma Tao/Ma jie, the lady that comes with ZZH and GJ to Ace vs Ace interview segment

Cr for TL: @naanthots

Original article: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MTA5NTIzNDE2MQ==&mid=2653562380&idx=2&sn=020926341e228bbca8c525ba625d2919&chksm=72a6831245d10a0489bdd94e90adaf085f7e3f6dc48b0be135ea66b8d311bfabf0c5d45cf3ff&scene=132#wechat_redirect

Snippet on some of translation, the rest please read the twitter thread

Spoiler

Ma-jie watched a lot of ZZH costume dramas; he was "the little prince in costume dramas" (SO CUTE!) & Also saw his performance on the Acting variety show. She was impressed & believed that ZZH had the acting ability that could control/stabilise/be the centre of the drama. ZZH didn't audition, only had a video chat with her. Ma-jie just knew he was right for ZZS

Reasons for choosing GJ to play WKZ. GJ was recommended by other producer friends, they said that he was very nice. Ma-jie invited him to audition & got him to act out a scene; WKX drinking wine. She and the director agreed that he was very similar to WKX.

The "first male protagonist in period costumes to wear pink". In Four Seasons Villa, WKX is in pink and gentle, and ZZS next to him is at peace. Ma-jie loved it, and HGR (Han Guang Ren/costume director) got the job because of the pink outfit. At that time no actors has been decided yet.

Lotsa interesting stuffs, also reading this seems like the producer at least chose ZZH the earliest, I wonder if all those rumour about changing actors at least for ZZS is just false rumours. Seems like she's pretty sure she whom she wanted to play ZZS. Oh well, they will never really tell the whole story. Still, interesting tidbits and trust that she has towards ZZH is amazing.

Also can't believe that the actor that play Long Xiao, the wheelchair bound man, is only 28 years old, I thought he looked at least 40 lol. Good make up is awesome :lol:

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

周傳雄/Zhou Chuan Xiong/Steve Chou!! I didn't know he sings a track for WoH. Did I missed this song in one of the episode? I totally do not remember this ever comes out in any of the BGM. One of Taiwanese singer that I like, such a unique voice :love:

• Awesome 1

On 31/03/2021 at 1:44 PM, linhlinh111 said:

Saying WoH is the new Untamed is very offensive to the WoH fandom. You may not know but The Untamed fandom in China is very large and toxic (they have always been since that drama finished airing). Ever since WoH started gathering attention, The Untamed fandom has made every effort to sabotage the drama and it's actors' reputation on all social media platforms everywhere, spreading fake news and pushing negative hot searches. Now it has become quite a sensitive issue, no WoH fans want the drama to be linked to The Untamed in anyway, even mentioning The Untamed in a WoH post is a no-no. This is an international platform so maybe not many toxic fans here, but be careful, you know, just in case. I myself don't want to put those 2 dramas together either. I enjoyed them both, but now I have lost all interest in The Untamed, due to its fandom. Probably the largest in all of fandoms in China right now, and the most toxic.

Sorry. I didn't know that.

I try to stay away from large toxic fandom/shippers and I try to enjoy and discuss drama events in a peaceful way.

I made it clear that I am not into this genres  of dramas but I am happy for its success because I like Simon.

• Wiggle 2

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

周傳雄/Zhou Chuan Xiong/Steve Chou!! I didn't know he sings a track for WoH. Did I missed this song in one of the episode? I totally do not remember this ever comes out in any of the BGM. One of Taiwanese singer that I like, such a unique voice :love:

Is he the one who sang the once popular hit Huang Hwen / Sunset? Like 20 years ago? But I do agree with you that this song is not part of the released OST album. 

Goodness Youku is releasing goodies bit by bit?

• Blob 1

23 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Is he the one who sang the once popular hit Huang Hwen / Sunset? Like 20 years ago? But I do agree with you that this song is not part of the released OST album. 

Goodness Youku is releasing goodies bit by bit?

Yes! Hahaha it's been so long, bloody hell 20 years:spitswater:

When I heard his voice singing "wait...this guy sounds familiar...."

Edit:

There's also these two videos that are definitely never used in any of the episodes

This one is the one where Scorpion King, CWN, ZCL and some unkown guy I couldn't find in the cast list, as a boyband:lol:

This is definitely they make for the album only I suppose

Edited by kur4p1k4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Yes! Hahaha it's been so long, bloody hell 20 years:spitswater:

When I heard his voice singing "wait...this guy sounds familiar...."

Edit:

There's also these two videos that are definitely never used in any of the episodes

This one is the one where Scorpion King, CWN, ZCL and some unkown guy I couldn't find in the cast list, as a boyband:lol:

This is definitely they make for the album only I suppose

I'm not sure how many unofficial tracks they have now. The last time @miaka fygave the list has Scorpion King Li Dai Kun singing. It's getting more interesting piecing things together :D

Wonder if they want to try like how the TU boys form their boy band...Lol

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

I'm not sure how many unofficial tracks they have now. The last time @miaka fygave the list has Scorpion King Li Dai Kun singing. It's getting more interesting piercing things together :D

Wonder if they want to try like how the TU boys form their boy band...Lol

Huahaha, that's impossible TU has more boys that can sing. Only ZZH and LDK can sing I think.

And then GJ and Zhou Ye will just make everybody run away with their singing:joy:

• LOL 1

12 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Huahaha, that's impossible TU has more boys that can sing. Only ZZH and LDK can sing I think.

And then GJ and Zhou Ye will just make everybody run away with their singing:joy:

Like Brother like Sister 

donald duck laughing GIF

• LOL 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cfen.si/2021/03/07/review-word-of-honor-come-for-the-boylove-stay-for-the-wuxia/amp/

I am way behind in this drama; maybe at episode 7 or whenever it startsd. Dropping this as I came by and was fascinated to read about the writer. And for some reason its tickled my fancy that the writer  used to be a fan. Lol. That is too funny that maybe one of those soompi fan fic writers could be a drama writer one day.

The talks about TU vs this is too much for me. I have recently restarted Cdramas because who knew those childhood memories of TVB dramas which I did not understand is now the only Mandarin I hear in my life these days 

Either way I am here purely because of ZZH. And because I am a Kdrama fan its because he looks so much like Ji Sung that I remember his face from a previous drama- which I thought was meh. The FL lead did nothing for me that when he came paired with this other actor that I started watching this. And I thought " oh well, the 2 guys can look after themselves without this stupid screeching helpless female weeping scenes " that I continued. I must admit to having then to backtrack the other lead GJ and Unique Lady 2 to work out who he was. He looked so familiar. Because it took episodes in before I recognised he was  the actor in UL2 but not the actor in Love by hypnoptic. Yeah that's why I took so long to get back to this series.  Couldn't work out who was playing WZK. The actors all look the same these days- as in I can't tell who's natural vs post- surgery. ZZK is about one of the most distinctive faces I recognise based on JS and I liked his acting so came here.

I am not here enough on Cdramas to  be worried to be trodding on toes and what-not. I like this drama and don't care enough about Cdramas and its definitions of what kind of martial arts it is or to bother watching this TU. I just like Word of Honor. I like the flow, the male leads and threw away any understanding of trying to remember any sects. Or politics.

Gosh those 2 are just 2 well written leads. That's all I care about. And the pace is fast. The chemistry is there. How in the world can they just flirt so well? They are displaying way more chemistry than with their female leads in previous dramas.

In fact had to stop writing this post to google their previous dramas and the synopsis which I've watched and its recent watching by the way. To dredge up what memories I can remember about those dramas, their plots and the OTP chemistry. It was ok to meh.

This drama is more vivid and not because its my most recent drama. I am currently finishing off a recently completed drama. And that OTP had excellent chemistry and casting/ costumes and basically great chemisty. I have 13 more episodes of that. And then will come back here to finish of this series. 

And then leaving Cdrama for a year or so. After all 2 back to back great OTP is going to be hard to beat. As the 3rd currently airing drama is not showing much promise. And the other 2 were terrible- idiotic actually. I cannot even bother to commen on Unique lady and love by hypnotic. Apparently I now recognise enough C actors to want to follow their future roles and so far ZZH stands out as being memorable enough. I mean his drama character choices are more memorable than let's say Prince ABC in countless other dramas I've zoomed or peeked through.

If you know who's this Ji Chang Wook lookalike on Cdramas can you please let me know? I zoomed through this drama where he plays a stockbroker. And the female lead joins his company. But that's literally all I remember. Not even his name. Just that he looked like Ji Chang Wook and his chemistry was great with his female lead. I was maybe going to rewatch it if I can find that drama. Sorry to digress.

But still the writer's credentials made me both laugh and then be impressed. It makes more sense then how she churned out a script in 4 days. Chinese idioms and all. And her alumni credentials so impressive. Like really impressive. I wasn't expecting that when I started liking this drama. I stopped watching it by episode 23 when it's mostly raw. My Chinese is good enough for that that's why I said I liked the leads. But not good enough to follow all those sect names and the plot which I couldn't care less about.

• Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

20 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cfen.si/2021/03/07/review-word-of-honor-come-for-the-boylove-stay-for-the-wuxia/amp/

I am way behind in this drama; maybe at episode 7 or whenever it startsd. Dropping this as I came by and was fascinated to read about the writer. And for some reason its tickled my fancy that the writer  used to be a fan. Lol. That is too funny that maybe one of those soompi fan fic writers could be a drama writer one day.

The talks about TU vs this is too much for me. I have recently restarted Cdramas because who knew those childhood memories of TVB dramas which I did not understand is now the only Mandarin I hear in my life these days 

Either way I am here purely because of ZZH. And because I am a Kdrama fan its because he looks so much like Ji Sung that I remember his face from a previous drama- which I thought was meh. The FL lead did nothing for me that when he came paired with this other actor that I started watching this. And I thought " oh well, the 2 guys can look after themselves without this stupid screeching helpless female weeping scenes " that I continued. I must admit to having then to backtrack the other lead GJ and Unique Lady 2 to work out who he was. He looked so familiar. Because it took episodes in before I recognised he was  the actor in UL2 but not the actor in Love by hypnoptic. Yeah that's why I took so long to get back to this series.  Couldn't work out who was playing WZK. The actors all look the same these days- as in I can't tell who's natural vs post- surgery. ZZK is about one of the most distinctive faces I recognise based on JS and I liked his acting so came here.

I am not here enough on Cdramas to  be worried to be trodding on toes and what-not. I like this drama and don't care enough about Cdramas and its definitions of what kind of martial arts it is or to bother watching this TU. I just like Word of Honor. I like the flow, the male leads and threw away any understanding of trying to remember any sects. Or politics.

Gosh those 2 are just 2 well written leads. That's all I care about. And the pace is fast. The chemistry is there. How in the world can they just flirt so well? They are displaying way more chemistry than with their female leads in previous dramas.

In fact had to stop writing this post to google their previous dramas and the synopsis which I've watched and its recent watching by the way. To dredge up what memories I can remember about those dramas, their plots and the OTP chemistry. It was ok to meh.

This drama is more vivid and not because its my most recent drama. I am currently finishing off a recently completed drama. And that OTP had excellent chemistry and casting/ costumes and basically great chemisty. I have 13 more episodes of that. And then will come back here to finish of this series. 

And then leaving Cdrama for a year or so. After all 2 back to back great OTP is going to be hard to beat. As the 3rd currently airing drama is not showing much promise. And the other 2 were terrible- idiotic actually. I cannot even bother to commen on Unique lady and love by hypnotic. Apparently I now recognise enough C actors to want to follow their future roles and so far ZZH stands out as being memorable enough. I mean his drama character choices are more memorable than let's say Prince ABC in countless other dramas I've zoomed or peeked through.

If you know who's this Ji Chang Wook lookalike on Cdramas can you please let me know? I zoomed through this drama where he plays a stockbroker. And the female lead joins his company. But that's literally all I remember. Not even his name. Just that he looked like Ji Chang Wook and his chemistry was great with his female lead. I was maybe going to rewatch it if I can find that drama. Sorry to digress.

But still the writer's credentials made me both laugh and then be impressed. It makes more sense then how she churned out a script in 4 days. Chinese idioms and all. And her alumni credentials so impressive. Like really impressive. I wasn't expecting that when I started liking this drama. I stopped watching it by episode 23 when it's mostly raw. My Chinese is good enough for that that's why I said I liked the leads. But not good enough to follow all those sect names and the plot which I couldn't care less about.

Thanks for dropping by! Glad to have you here! Do come back for more my friend 

See Ya Soon Video Game GIF by Microsoft Edge

• Blob 1