[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

For now, only King's friend are aware about the explosion weapon, the one who use sniper. Since other arw shocked during the shooting demonstratiin about the sniper/rifle. He also kinda inspect the table before he see the mask guy. So me think the explosion is the king idea. But for what.. i dont have any idea.

But i think the concubine will have another misunderstand with Sobong. Maybe she think Sobong is behind the explosion since she smell the oil. I dunu maybe she misunderstand about other thing also. 

About the food, we did not see the kwing fortunw right? I rwally want to know what sobong choose for his fortune:fullofhearts:

• Like 3

OK, finally watched the episode. Been reading all your comments and tbh, this forum keeps me sane while waiting for the next episode. I love reading everyone's comments, theories, and of course any news related to our favourite show. 

I am seething with anger at how unjust the situation is! The King is fighting against so many people and there's no one by his side. Everyone's out to get him! How could the royal concubine who professes to love him be so blinded by jealousy that she committed the cardinal sin. You literally gave a deathly blow to all his aspirations, woman! You, as good as killed him. What happened to supporting the man you love through thick and thin? (The actress does a phenomenal job, of course, for instilling so much rage and hatred against her.:D)

My heart was breaking to see the King being reduced to a puppet again, the humiliation that he was subjected to! I felt so anguished. The unfairness of the whole thing! One man against so many, all the more it is disturbing because you don't even know who is the enemy, as has been proven by Hwa Jin.

I do not feel he plotted it himself. But rather I feel this is done by Grand Queen Dowager and her brother Jwa-geun. I felt myself seething with anger as he humiliated the King in front of all, ambushing him, rendering him powerless, literally getting him on his knees! Oh such humiliation! The tears pieced my heart ! His earnest prayer to the almighty to help him! Gosh, KJH gave me goosebumps! He totally outshined SHS , which is an impossibility, seeing how brilliant she is, but he just brought the King alive with his 'daebak' acting. I think no other word can do justice to how brilliantly he portrayed the King in the latest episode, especially the last few scenes.   KJH, take a bow, man! :wub:You were phenomenal!

That last scene has reduced everything into oblivion for me because when I think of the episode, I can only think of the King, his emotions, his helplessness, his anguish... Sorry SHS, I love the show and your antics were the reason why I started the show and they kept me glued to it, however, forgive me for saying, KHJ just stole the show.

A standing applause to the entire team of Mr. Queen. Every cog in the wheel deserves all the praise and success. Thank you for such a fantastic, such a memorable show. Thank you for keeping us entertained week after week. Looking forward to the future episodes with bated breath. It's a torture waiting for the weekend and then wishing, it would go fast, so that I an catch the subbed episodes. Thanks to our 'cutie, sexy, innocent' cheoljong being in a such a critical state, I have not been able to focus on anything. And, I feel, this will be a constant state till the next weekend. :tears: Getting nothing done, except logging in to the forum a million times to read an update. :tears: Cheoljong, quit playing games with our hearts (Backstreet Boys style), our hearts are not strong to see you like you.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Mr Queen isn’t even over and I’m already longing to see our leads together in a modern drama. Kim Jung Hyun himself said he would like to be cast with Shin Hye Sun again. From what I can see he has great respect for her as an actress. It’s also cute they both like to chew bubblegum (they both chewed it in today’s IG live stream). People started to call their offscreen ship “Bubblegum couple.”

Gosh, they’re so cute I want to pinch their cheeks!

spacer.png

This person made a beautiful fanvid imagining our royal couple in the modern world. It’s so well edited!

• Like 11
  • Love 3

I'm a bit curious about Bong Wan and his mum relationship. When the queen delirious after acupuncture, he keep saying that his mom always wanted a daughter not son? And he said are you happy now mum? The king heard this and thinking that the queen missed her mother (the queen lost her mother at very young age). 

• Like 5

This person subbed it:)

credit to the owner

She really resembled a squirrel in this scene:lol:

credit to the owner

This scene is so painful but beautiful.

The way they want to reach to each other:tears:

credit to the owner

I agree with this comment from the Mydramalist comments section LOL

https://mydramalist.com/58365-queen-cheorin

Not matter either the Queen is So Yong or So Bong, she always cares for her King:bawling:

Out of his 5 wives, only the queen ran to him.

The first thing he should do the moment he wakes up is to prepare 4 divorce letters.

Hwa Jin said before that she entered the palace because she want to help the king, right?

But I don't really can recalled the help that she did so far. She given the ledger to queen dowager instead the king and doesn't rush to see his condition after the explosion accident. I means when Kim's clan want to behead her, the king willing to kneel down and begs for her! 

It seems she is more obsessing to put the queen down rather than helping the king that she claimed she love:expressionless:

Spoiler

Michael Scott Reaction GIF

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 12

4 hours ago, aisling said:

Kim Jung Hyun was phenomenal in this episode. He’s been amazing since the start but he got more opportunity to show it fully in episode 12. Shin Hye Sun is so charismatic she can easily overshadow her leading man, but luckily for her (and for us) Kim Jung Hyun is at the same level. 

Everyone is swooning over him on Twitter :heart: Can you imagine anyone else playing this dual role?

@aislingIkr!! Kim Jung Hyun literally shine in the latest ep of Mr Queen and that what makes ep 12 is one of the best ep so far! The balance in genre and everything was PERFECT! idk how many times I say this, thumbs up to those that comes up with ideas pairing up Kim jung Hyun and Shin Hye Sun. They are unexpected couple that SHINE SO BRIGHT and the CHEMISTRY is just gosh superb! Both of them IS ON THE SAME LEVEL!

2 hours ago, aisling said:

Mr Queen isn’t even over and I’m already longing to see our leads together in a modern drama. Kim Jung Hyun himself said he would like to be cast with Shin Hye Sun again. From what I can see he has great respect for her as an actress. It’s also cute they both like to chew bubblegum (they both chewed it in today’s IG live stream). People started to call their offscreen ship “Bubblegum couple.”

Bubblegum couple  awww cuteee 

credit to owner

They really are bestie and they way Kim Jung Hyun said to Shin Hye Sun

come here~ (he’s such a soft spoken person and I think a lil of aegyo there?!! hahaha):wub:

Oh! Kim Jung Hyun also called Shin hye sun “noona” in a soft tone voice kyaaaaaaa cutieeee >~<

credit to owner

Edited by rose_1108
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, kwayteow_mama said:

yeah agree. he saw her at the kitchen. he must have noticed she's not at the banquet. the funny writing, bizarre food.. it's all too obvious. i can't see him being oblivious to the fact short of a crazy plot twist or miss. but in all the current excitement we just missed his reaction or maybe it will be shown later on..

Yeah that would be nice.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kehrite said:

I love sageuks and have seen plenty of evil scheming officials, but Minister Kim (or whatever his official title is) is SO HATEABLE! That last scene was hard to watch, with that subtle smugness and triumph in his face. I said in a previous comment that Kim Jung-hyun's acting is impressing me but it bears repeating after this episode. It was heartbreaking to see him forced into submission in front of the court, you could just see the weight of that hopelessness settling on his shoulders. Can't wait to see Minister Kim get his comeuppance and the king's authority to finally be respected. 

totally agree with you here - I've watched a lot of historical dramas as well (both kdramas and cdramas) and I never felt so shaken/agitated/involved as I did at the end of ep 12. For me, a lot of it probably is because of Kim Jung Hyun's amazing portrayal - his dejection and helplessness was so palpable and the way he reached out to So Bong and vice versa - one of the best scenes so far in this drama. (All of their "intense" scenes are so rewatchable and satisfying, I've probably watched the truth serum argument scene more times than I can count - I was very taken by Shin Hye Sun then (I still am) but over the episodes KJH's acting spectrum is also equally impressive)

10 hours ago, kwayteow_mama said:

there is somehow a cosmic affinity between the two, something like soyong/sobong being the guardian angel to the king and i also wonder how the events from the joseon timeline will ultimately influence bonghwan's modern reality.

yes - maybe that's what it means to be "soulmates" - I mean he so formal with Hwa Jin even when she's supposedly his "love" but he comes alive whenever he's with So Bong. 

I don't worry too much about the timelines stuff since it's a fantasy fiction and they've already put the disclaimer that it is fiction. What do want is justice to all the major characters - the writing has been impressive so far - so I hope they deliver on that front.

I had issues with the cousin character in the beginning episodes when he kissed a very visibly distraught So Yong- it felt very wrong. This dude has some serious repressed feelings issues - I mean, he's fallen down to the level of almost kissing a sleeping person. I want to see more character growth for him - he might have fallen in love with So Yong but So Bong is not So Yong. (although he may not realise or accept it) I hope he makes peace with the idea that the royal couple should be together. He is clearly suffering a lot. 

The make-out session of our royal couple - I am again guilty of watching it faaaaar too many times - while it does start out as a cover for the king (here I was/am hesitant because the king clearly could "use" the queen for furthering his own agenda) - I was absolutely in once So Bong starts taking charge and their tussle for taking leading is just pure magic - like two raging fires feeding on one another. (such a delight against the usual mellow and passive kiss scenes) 

Now that I am a little free, the wait for the weekend seems like a long struggle lol. 

4 hours ago, aisling said:

they are so adorable right! :fullofhearts:
KJH also mentioned that SHS balances him out because he felt that he was always running in the drama and that she would keep them grounded. (from what I remember from one of their interviews) It must have been such a privilege and a delight to work with an incredibly talented cast - everyone fits their roles so well! The stars are aligned with this drama! ^_^

• Like 4

@confusedheart326 I feel your rage, sister! I was so furious watching the king being humiliated and defeated I just wanted to kick something in frustration! I think it speaks of the whole Mr Queen team’s skills to make us this involved and this outraged. I literally felt my heart beat faster when that evil man, Kim Jwa Geun, started threatening the king. How bloody dares he speak like this to the king? I want to slap that smug smile right off of his annoying face!!!

I just want Cheoljong to win once against his enemies. Just once, please let him be victorious... Hasn’t he suffered enough? Was murdering his family and turning him into a king that everybody mocked not enough??? I’m so enraged right now I can’t think straight!

Can So Bong stay indifferent to Cheoljong after witnessing it? Please, let So Bong step up her game and help him to become the strong king. So no one would ever trample upon him!

When Cheoljong was pleading to the skies with tears running down his cheeks I started crying too... Kim Jung Hyun delivered one of the best moments of the whole series. I hope he’ll get the same recognition as Shin Hye Sun after this drama.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

Episode 12 was absolutely amazing and the ending was a shocker but a clever one indeed. This drama have one of the best cliffhanger endings that make one look so forward to the next episode lol.

Without doubt, KJH is a really good actor, and I don't want to repeat how ingenious of the casting team who cast him with Hyesun. The dynamics and chemistry of these two is what make the show shines. And enough to leave me glued to the show despite of me not being a saeguk fan and the heavy politics, though I must say I can watch anything with Hyesun anyway.

It's so amusing that King can talk so much about the dish with a mere scribbled drawing :lol:. I don't know but I'm sure he knows it's the Queen! With these heavy politicking in the episode, seeing Sobong dressed like a cute man turning up at the Royal Kitchen thinking no one knows who she is, is such a lively scene. Enjoyed her cooking show so much with the Royal Physician and Royal Chef providing so much laughs!

Byeongin is getting obnoxiously irritating and obsessed. I hate it that he has literally no respect for the King which took away whatever pity I have left for this character. Wonder why some people still have that SLS. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

I also want to talk about Cheoljong’s intelligence. We all know there’s a sharp side to him, but I was still astonished by his memory skills and quick wit.

When he told So Bong this: 

LUmW2bZ.jpg
I thought he was exaggerating, but then he wrote down EVERY single alien word she said to him in the Queen’s Dictionary. He remembered it all, even the words she said just once or thoughtlessly in passing! 
vvmHtvU.jpg

Then at the banquet he came up with all the food explanations on a spot! Of course So Bong helped him with the name of the meal but he still needed to think of the rest. 
GXO2aQA.jpg

So he must be pretty smart, right? Now imagine if the king’s intelligence joined So Bong’s craftiness! What a team they would make!

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Byeongin is getting obnoxiously irritating and obsessed. I hate it that he has literally no respect for the King which took away whatever pity I have left for this character. Wonder why some people still have that SLS. :sweatingbullets:

The entire Kim clan has no respect for the King, but they still bow at least and address him as king.

The Concubine has no respect for the Queen, but she just glares/ignores the queen and doesn't even properly say goodbyes or bow. Now she even "accidentally" shot her. Sighs. And still Mr Queen tries to get along with her. He is so patient. Or wilfully blind.

In any case, I'm assuming that the explosion will get pinned on the Kim clan, but I feel like the Dowager queen was responsible. 

• Like 1

In the preview of episode 13, So Young says "Recover as if nothing ever happened so I can stab you in the back". I am actually confused... I am not so sure if it is "stab you in the back" or "stab you back" because I only watch the Engsub version. What she means in Korean may be different. However, neither means positive. 

I recalled Hwa Jin once told So Young right before she jumped into the lake that she knew So Young tried to kill the King. Back then, I thought Hwa Jin referred to the Kim clan attempting to kill Cheoljong when he was young. Moreover, So Young was trying to remember a mission she had to do when she and Cheoljoing were on the way back to the palace. Out of a sudden, I do think that So Young failed to kill Cheoljong and Hwa Jin knew it, thus she decided to commit suicide because she won't survive either way when the Kim clan kills her to suppress evidence or when Hwa Jin tells Cheoljong the truth. I would love to hear your opinion guys. :grin:

Although this is the least expected scenario to me, I can't exclude it after watching the last episode. Expect the unexpected. :sweat_smile:

Edited by Phillip Lundgren
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, aisling said:

Kim Jung Hyun was phenomenal in this episode. He’s been amazing since the start but he got more opportunity to show it fully in episode 12. Shin Hye Sun is so charismatic she can easily overshadow her leading man, but luckily for her (and for us) Kim Jung Hyun is at the same level. 

Everyone is swooning over him on Twitter :heart: Can you imagine anyone else playing this dual role?

YES! He was outstanding. :sparklyeyes:

This is the closest he's been to his acting in "Time". His performance was super intense and detailed. Kim Jung Hyun is an acting genius and I'm SO glad he's finally getting the recognition he deserves. I'm over the moon with the combination of these two powerhouses. SHS and KJH are setting the bar so high for the upcoming dramas and their casts. Mr.Queen really had it all. I'm gonna miss it and the cast a lot when it's over. 

LOL. I'll call it the KJH effect because it's become a thing: as soon as his characters get development, the audience gets fully attached to them (and him) because his acting makes them endearing. I can't imagine anyone else pulling off this character because it requires a huge acting spectrum and an actor who can glide around genres convincingly like it's no big deal (slapstick comedy, melodrama, action, thriller, suspense, sageuk) within the same drama (and, sometimes, within the same episode). The only male actor who has convinced me when transitioning from one genre to the other (without drastically changing the tone of a scene) is Kim Jung Hyun, and the only female actress is Shin Hye Sun. It requires TONS of versatility and charisma. How many actors can go from a goofy grin to a scary glower in a matter of seconds? Very few. 

On another note, I kind of suspect Cheoljong planned the explosion. It would benefit him because 1) the Kims will be suspected of treason and 2) he will be able to pretend he's lost his hearing and use this as a tool to further his plans.

I'm really happy with the drama. :issohappy:

Another breathtaking MV from this YT channel. Our OTP is mesmerizing. :love:

• Like 11

46 minutes ago, Phillip Lundgren said:

In the preview of episode 13, So Young says "Recover as if nothing ever happened so I can stab you in the back". I am actually confused... I am not so sure if it is "stab you in the back" or "stab you back" because I only watch the Engsub version. What she means in Korean may be different. However, neither means positive. 

I recalled Hwa Jin once told So Young right before she jumped into the lake that she knew So Young tried to kill the King. Back then, I thought Hwa Jin referred to the Kim clan attempting to kill Cheoljong when he was young. Moreover, So Young was trying to remember a misison she had to do when she and Cheoljoing were on the way back to the palace. Out of a sudden, I do think that So Young failed to kill Cheoljong and Hwa Jin knew it, thus she decided to commit suicide because she won't survive either way when the Kim clan kills her to suppress evidence or when Hwa Jin tells Cheoljong the truth. I would love to hear your opinion guys. :grin:

Although this is the least expected scenerio to me, I can't exclude it after watching the last episode. Expect the unexpected. :sweat_smile:

I think Sobong intends to "slap him at the back of the head" not "betray" like "stab in the back." She meant it literally, as is the practice in some cultures when someone does something stupid.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, shimshimae said:

I had issues with the cousin character in the beginning episodes when he kissed a very visibly distraught So Yong- it felt very wrong. This dude has some serious repressed feelings issues - I mean, he's fallen down to the level of almost kissing a sleeping person. I want to see more character growth for him - he might have fallen in love with So Yong but So Bong is not So Yong. (although he may not realise or accept it) I hope he makes peace with the idea that the royal couple should be together. He is clearly suffering a lot. 

firstly let me start off by saying that i'm a HUGE shipper of king x queen and like many others, i am one of those crazy fan who replay the kiss scene to get through the week and i'm equally disturbed when this dude kiss the queen when she's vulnerable OR when the dude stops the queen from reaching out to the king (like wth dude?!) :rage::rage::rage:

minus abovesaid ethically fraught scenes, now if this drama was written from cousin pov, what i like about his love for the queen is he puts her happiness/wellbeing/safety first above all else and even as his life mission.

and i would say we need to see things from his shoes. u can't really blame him in the sense that the queen's only direct indication on her relationship matters so far is that she's just pretending to be lovey dovey with the king for practical reasons. so naturally, he thought the queen is in self-sacrifice mode for the clan. and then all he ever saw ever since she entered the palace is her crying, jumping into the lake, someone trying to kill her (made worst when he realized it was the king himself), her falling into vegetative mode for some mysterious reason and the king "demeaning" her by showing his affections for another woman publicly.. which also led him to call the king a possessive loser or in other words, why act all territorial when you don't even like her in the first place.. which also led him to go all like "you crazy girl [my insert] then why you even get intimate with the king when you knew that he tried to kill you/ you don't love him" (before he gets cut off by sobong crazy existential antics). 

as much as i hated that he stopped the queen from reaching out to the king, sure he might have been a sour grape when he did that but on the other hand, he might have worried about her safety and secondly, to avoid the clan's misunderstanding that the queen stands with the king.  

while sobong bailed the king out in many occasions, similarly cousin bailed her out. if he didn't come to sobong's rescue outside of oktajeong, drama would have ended at ep 2 as the case of misadventure of a husband and wife. and he did let her go in the first place because she had looked so happy to enter the palace.

my theory/speculation: as it stands out, it's all a big misunderstanding. he's turning into a villain out of his desire to protect the queen because he's afraid that if the king gains power, he will eliminate her. i believe he will either raise to the occasion (somehow helping the king in some way while helping the queen) or fade to oblivion once king and queen sorted out how they really feel and publicly acknowledge it.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, aisling said:

@confusedheart326

When Cheoljong was pleading to the skies with tears running down his cheeks I started crying too... Kim Jung Hyun delivered one of the best moments of the whole series. I hope he’ll get the same recognition as Shin Hye Sun after this drama.

Same with you... When I watched it streaming, even though I didn't understand any words, but my heart hurts when I saw his tears and I completely felt like The Queen....

Imagine how hurt The King was and made A King cried hopelessly.

And same time I cursed that Royal Concubine. What she said? She came to help The Queen?!? Non sense!!!! She just wanted to keep her fake territorial around King - but she clearly knew that The Queen would easily took that from her because The Queen is the real and she's only a liar, fake. If she really wanted to help King, she would give that confidential book to the king. RickRoll'D!!!!! I hate her... Indeed she's a Queen, I meant that Royal Concubine, she's indeed Drama Queen, Makjang...

5 hours ago, aisling said:

I also want to talk about Cheoljong’s intelligence. We all know there’s a sharp side to him, but I was still astonished by his memory skills and quick wit.

I thought he was exaggerating, but then he wrote down EVERY single alien word she said to him in the Queen’s Dictionary. He remembered it all, even the words she said just once or thoughtlessly in passing! 

Then at the banquet he came up with all the food explanations on a spot! Of course So Bong helped him with the name of the meal but he still needed to think of the rest. 

So he must be pretty smart, right? Now imagine if the king’s intelligence joined So Bong’s craftiness! What a team they would

make!

I like how both the king and the queen had met their understanding without many words.

The Queen actually lil bit worried if The King could understand how to explain that meal. And then The King could explain that meal become something meaningful.

As The Queen ever said, The King indeed a politician, from simple words, The King could explained to deep meaningful words.

The Queen only drew and wrote the name of the food, but the king could explained the theme.

Oh yah from @sw33tm3lodyfanmade video, I just realized that every time The King asked help, the one who gave hand to help him always be The Queen, since they're little to every time he had nightmares. Just the King said, every time he had something to think, The Queen came to untie all his problem.

I hope The King understand that The Queen truly worried about him, that's why she asked him to stop, she worried he would get hurt.

and the way the king said sorry if that made the queen felt uncomfortable.

But please understand that even though the queen not to agree with his way, but the queen was the one who always to help him to handle the crisis.

Oh yah about the spin off, they said that would be like a prequel. We will get the story about the king and So Young.

Spoiler

I have the feeling about the story of spin off will show their meeting again before so young become the queen.

From all the dialog between The King and his brother, I have feeling that actually from beginning The King has feeling towards The Queen. They ever met before and has fallen in love again without knew who they were. The Queen when she knew she's so happy for that, but The King when he knew suddenly he should to cut off his feeling.

Remember in their 2nd night after their wedding, his brother asked the king not let his feeling control him.

And less than 10 night after their wedding, the king completely wavering and totally couldn't deny his feeling towards the queen, he just stated that he's person who couldn't love the queen. Maybe that statement that kept repeating in his mind.

Yah, that's only my own guessing right...

About KJH's IG Live last night, so happy and cute.. when he called SHS to come near to him, I really could feel his lil bit clingy... Hahahahahaha... And then when he called her "Noona" and asked to do live together.

Please... IG Live together... Please heal our hearts and minds that became crazy mad because of the ending (we need to wait till Saturday night but now still Tuesday, it's only around 9 am in my area)

We don't have wrap up party, can we get both of you IG live together before this week airing time or after airing time? Please I like both of your awesome acting and professional principal, but I also love both your lovely and sweet interaction off screen...

• Like 4