Jump to content

[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후


larus

Recommended Posts

It’s for the 10-min short epilogues that are going to posted on TVing I believe. 

Spoiler

I heard it’s going to be about Cheoljong and Soyong’s first meeting, so she may not be Sobong here. Plus, those hairpieces aren’t really worn by Queens. 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, shiqin3381 said:

They so cute together. Kim Jung Hyun keep asking Shin Hye Sun to do live with him.

 

Aww cute. I love their friendship behind the scenes.

I want to know what they're talking about but since there is no translation I just take the crumbs of translation on twitter LOL

credit to the owner

 

credit to the owner

 

From the ig it seems they are eating chewing gum. 

I remember they mentioned about chewing gum before

credit to the owner

  • Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, shiqin3381 said:

They so cute together. Kim Jung Hyun keep asking Shin Hye Sun to do live with him.

credit to owner

Awwwww they look soooo cute together.

Thank you for sharing these to us.

I waited for his IG Live, but unfortunately it happened when I was working:pensive:

But again thank youuuu, it's a comfort after shocking event last night...:brokenheart:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

It looks like they had so much fun filming that scene!:)

 

 

place looks cold though. hope our royal couple stay warm until then :)

 

cheoljong the red nosed reindeer.. poor boy

 

 

 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

15 hours ago, rose_1108 said:

yes! I saw that too from the preview, and what can I say that soyong gonna remember EVERYTHING that happen before she drowning into the lake like HOW CAN I WAIT FOR A WEEK NOOOO!!!

 

imma wandering around in this forum and twitter also IG back and forth while waiting Sat and Sun

hopefully next episode CJ and SB relationship become stronger, please dont let them fight Kim Clan and the bad guys separately. let them walk together in the same path like his wish in the letter that don't know whether it has been sent or not :bawling:

 

 

13 hours ago, blademan said:

Next week we’re gonna see SB worried and taking care of CJ just like he did for her before this!! She won’t be able to deny her feelings for him any more!!! The one silver lining to the explosion today I guess :cold_sweat:

 

her face when running towards CJ, doesnt like totally in sob but in extremely worried and shock and want to keep strong to provide first aid or whatever rescue acts. aa i dont know what am I going to say, im totally in mess because of this episode. all of her attention centralized to CJ that she can't see and hear anything near her only for CJ.
 
 I hope the drama would let us know his inner thought when seeing only Queen who bravely approaching him with her worried face, despite the situation that may still be in danger, maybe another explosion.
 
 Please SB throw BI away, chocked him, kick him, do that ninja chop, until you can reach CJ hand or beside him. remember the day when you can lift 150 kg  :bawling:

 

12 hours ago, aisling said:

The important question - do you think Cheoljong knew it was So Bong who saved the banquet? That it was her who came up with all those ideas? I think he must’ve known, right? She was missing during the banquet and the messages she sent him were clearly her style. I was so looking forward to seeing him tasting her food but no, the writer decided not to show us :angry:

 

I strongly believe he must know it is Queen, the person in charge who saved the banquet (okay, im in delusional mind right now, forcing the story though im not the writer lol)  he should have recognized her handwriting and that odd doodle, right? also the unique dishes that had never been existed in Joseon era.
 
yeeees omg, why on earth there's no scene of him tasting the food? or maybe the writer decided to save that scene in emotional way, like gukbap or anything else when SB already accept the way she is and her feeling toward CJ

 

9 hours ago, selen4ever said:

 

But this could actually turn out good in the long run. It is very likely that the hearing loss is caused by ruptured eardrums which takes several weeks to heal on its own (if you are lucky).

 

glad to hear that, please writer-nim, CJ has lost many things in his life. in this matter, imma believe in queen dowager fortune stick that she take in that morning, CJ will have a good luck in whatever situation that happen right now.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, enzek said:

From the ig it seems they are eating chewing gum. 

I remember they mentioned about chewing gum before

 

i always wondering which bubblegum flavor that they sharing during lip locking scene. do they have same tastes? maybe mint, strawberry, blueberry, lime or different taste and making new combination :3 (in Mama accent when she asked concubine style. cutie, sexy, innocent)

 

spacer.png

 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I was on soompi. Happy to be back! ^_^ 

 

I absolutely love and adore Shin Hye Sun (is there anyone who doesn't?) but I just want to rant a thing or two about our poor king. 

While no character is black or white in this drama, the king is as rightly described by himself a "pitiable mutt". I wonder, did this guy ever have a moment of peace or fun before he met our So Bong? The palace intrigues are so stressful! I can't imagine living in such conditions - always being wary of one's surrounding, being watchful over one's words and not able to show true emotions. 

 

Maybe that's why he's so taken by the Queen - her (I'm using "her" pronoun out of convenience here) modern privilege always her to be her true self - she's carefree and tries to make the best of her situation. Also, she's emotional quite healthy - she self-talks her way out of crisis after crisis, she consults a doctor when she's having psychological problems (I like how she's handling her identity crisis here - through emotional release as night-letters lol) and in general she's active and optimistic. The King does not have the "luxury" of such progressive notions (but he seems quite open and receptive to So Bong's ideas). He probably is crumbling under the burden of his fake self and the burden of his duty and then So Bong comes like a refreshing chaos - unpredictable, raw, amusing and a whole lot of other things. His initial distrust and dislike/disinterest turns into something quite deep and haunting - he reveals his vulnerable side to her and she protects it, her sense of right and wrong leaves a deep impression, he ponders over his own actions and tries to become a better person. I think So Bong is like a soothing balm for his scarred soul. (maybe Bong Hwan is healing the equally scarred soul and heart of the real queen - in ep 5 when the real queen tells the king, "you should love me!" - the korean word they use for love I think implies love+longing). And with or without his realisation, she is fast becoming his most important person (and vice versa as the Queen tries to resolve her own feelings for him) - the ending of ep 12 was quite impactful.

 

The court politics are distasteful, I hope the couple gets some quality time together next week. 

P.S.: I used to read posts on this thread now and then in the past few weeks but I was caught up with work and could only now take out the time. I enjoyed reading and fangirling along with you guys. ^_^

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love sageuks and have seen plenty of evil scheming officials, but Minister Kim (or whatever his official title is) is SO HATEABLE! That last scene was hard to watch, with that subtle smugness and triumph in his face. I said in a previous comment that Kim Jung-hyun's acting is impressing me but it bears repeating after this episode. It was heartbreaking to see him forced into submission in front of the court, you could just see the weight of that hopelessness settling on his shoulders. Can't wait to see Minister Kim get his comeuppance and the king's authority to finally be respected. 

 

On the positive side, the fan fight was super cool and creative and the "text message" conversation between the king and queen was adorable. I definitely ship them now, though considering I have no idea how the logistics would work out considering who she (or he, I guess) actually is and all that! Their chemistry is great, and seeing them come to trust each other and be drawn to each other and how protective she is of him is really compelling to me.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I  believe he must know it is Queen, the person in charge who saved the banquet as well.

 

Welcome back @shimshimae!:)

yeah agree. he saw her at the kitchen. he must have noticed she's not at the banquet. the funny writing, bizarre food.. it's all too obvious. i can't see him being oblivious to the fact short of a crazy plot twist or miss. but in all the current excitement we just missed his reaction or maybe it will be shown later on..

 

57 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

Maybe that's why he's so taken by the Queen - her (I'm using "her" pronoun out of convenience here) modern privilege always her to be her true self - she's carefree and tries to make the best of her situation. Also, she's emotional quite healthy - she self-talks her way out of crisis after crisis, she consults a doctor when she's having psychological problems (I like how she's handling her identity crisis here - through emotional release as night-letters lol) and in general she's active and optimistic. The King does not have the "luxury" of such progressive notions (but he seems quite open and receptive to So Bong's ideas). He probably is crumbling under the burden of his fake self and the burden of his duty and then So Bong comes like a refreshing chaos - unpredictable, raw, amusing and a whole lot of other things. His initial distrust and dislike/disinterest turns into something quite deep and haunting - he reveals his vulnerable side to her and she protects it, her sense of right and wrong leaves a deep impression, he ponders over his own actions and tries to become a better person. I think So Bong is like a soothing balm for his scarred soul. (maybe Bong Hwan is healing the equally scarred soul and heart of the real queen - in ep 5 when the real queen tells the king, "you should love me!" - the korean word they use for love I think implies love+longing). And with or without his realisation, she is fast becoming his most important person (and vice versa as the Queen tries to resolve her own feelings for him) - the ending of ep 12 was quite impactful.

i love your take on their relationship. this reminds me of a statement i saw at this forum https://janghaven.com/topic/522-mrqueen-철인왕후-current/page/7/ 

 

Kim Jung-hyun said, "Please wait and see how the thread that intertwines with Kim So-yong and Cheol-jong will untie the knot," and "How Cheol-jong changes and grows through Kim So-yong, and how Kim So- yong views such Cheol-jong is the main point of view in the second half."

 

there is somehow a cosmic affinity between the two, something like soyong/sobong being the guardian angel to the king and i also wonder how the events from the joseon timeline will ultimately influence bonghwan's modern reality.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..