[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

4 hours ago, aisling said:

Is there anyone who didn’t fall for Kim Jung Hyun?? Like really, is there anyone who didn’t find him at least a bit impressive, talented, handsome, attractive...? I doubt there is anyone who isn’t affected at all by our king ^_^

I was looking forward to this drama months before it started, but I was mainly drawn because of Shin Hye Sun and because I like an unusual sounding plot. But by episode 5 or 6 I started to pay attention to Kim Jung Hyun and the rest of the history. I think their hot make-out session helped in falling hard for him LOL :lol: 

Jokes aside, I really enjoy his acting. I even started watching his past works to compare it to his current acting. He isn’t an idol turned actor, but he actually studied acting, so he hasn’t had any bad performance really. He’s always been good, he’s just getting better. As someone mentioned earlier his acting range is incredible. In a span of one episode of Mr Queen he can switch from funny to serious, vulnerable to badass and everything in between. I usually pay the most attention to actors’ eyes because that’s what people notice first. And  his eyes are really beautiful. Look at his eyelashes and the emotions he can convey through his eyes.

spacer.png

I like him since to be a sibling of gong hyo jin in jealously incarnate and start to love him since waikiki.Yes I am type of comedy drama.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Ep 12 was intense. Especially towards the back half. And so funny. The use of MacDonalds at the banquet totally cracked me up. That queen hehe.

poor king though...he’s being eaten up alive by the officials hell bent on keeping him a puppet. Dead curious about the last scene and who put such a weapon there.

I watch this only when I remember to but the last two eps got me good. :)

This weekend’s eps should be something to look forward to!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, aisling said:

Is there anyone who didn’t fall for Kim Jung Hyun?? Like really, is there anyone who didn’t find him at least a bit impressive, talented, handsome, attractive...? I doubt there is anyone who isn’t affected at all by our king ^_^

I was looking forward to this drama months before it started, but I was mainly drawn because of Shin Hye Sun and because I like an unusual sounding plot. But by episode 5 or 6 I started to pay attention to Kim Jung Hyun and the rest of the history. I think their hot make-out session helped in falling hard for him LOL :lol: 

Jokes aside, I really enjoy his acting. I even started watching his past works to compare it to his current acting. He isn’t an idol turned actor, but he actually studied acting, so he hasn’t had any bad performance really. He’s always been good, he’s just getting better. As someone mentioned earlier his acting range is incredible. In a span of one episode of Mr Queen he can switch from funny to serious, vulnerable to badass and everything in between. I usually pay the most attention to actors’ eyes because that’s what people notice first. And  his eyes are really beautiful. Look at his eyelashes and the emotions he can convey through his eyes.

I noticed KJH in CLOY, I was more into Alberto Gu [who played by KJH] and Seo Dan story than the main lead!  And was very sad when his character died :sad1: But didn't even know his name then.

After watching Mr. Queen accidently, then I realized his acting looks so natural, even for small gestures, I dont think other actors can act in such details. I become obsessed now haha So I watched TIME while waiting weekend, only watched it until Soo Ho [KJH character] died. After that, not interested to watch TIME, don't like the story line after idk which episode, before Soo Hoo died. But I'm impressed with his acting in that drama too. He looked like a real scumbag seriously. He could act various different characters. I read somewhere that he already into acting since high school. Oh that reminds me of a young KJH, I think in his acting class [?]

I really hope, really really hope, that his character won't die in Mr. Queen. Jaebaaaaal!:bawling:

Sometimes I think the writer let the lead character died so it leaves deep impression to the viewers. 

But, for Mr. Queen, KJH already gives us deep impression, letting his character die here will leave TROUMA!:cries:

3 hours ago, shimshimae said:

Absolutely! His eyes are like pools of visible emotion. I also like his hands for some reason, I find them to be beautiful too and expressive as well - the way he holds the queen or tries to refrain her from doing things - it's quite intriguing to watch - both SHS and KJH act with their entire beings - it's always a delight to the eyes. 

So, well, I don't usually write fan-fiction but sometimes I dabble. Here's one scene for all of us! Enjoy! ^_^  

Reveal hidden contents

Scene: [Night time] The king is in queen's room renegotiating the "no touch" agreement

Cheoljong: "Please, let us be more realistic."

So Bong: *stares at him without comprehending, her heart beat is already going up fast*
Cheoljong: "I will work hard for your forgiveness - you waver between wanting to forgive me and not willing to forgive. Give me a chance to make rightful amends."

So Bong: *doesn't understand what's happening - clears her throat* "What are you trying to say?"

Cheoljong: "We should follow no touch in the day but at night allow me to work towards gaining your forgiveness."
He draws in nearer, So Bong's breath quickens in anticipation. They keep looking into each other's eyes.

So Bong: "You have three new concubines."

Cheoljong: "But they are yours."

*he draws in closer*

So Bong: "You have your preferred concubine."

Cheoljong: "But I want to be yours."

So Bong intakes a sharp breath. The king moves in to kiss her. So Bong places her hands on his shoulders pushing him back but not letting him go either. She looks at him with a serious expression.
So Bong: "Listen up, Cheoljong. You are smooth. I'll give you that. And I'm going through some identity issues myself. I want to see where my feelings are leading me." She gestures her hand pointing at himself and her. "Whatever this is, I want to see it through."

Cheoljong: *doesn't really understand but gets the drift that the situation is working in his favour*So Bong pulls his face closer looking into his eyes and says, "Cheoljong, you are mine." and starts kissing him, he reciprocates. She breaks off in between again pressing his face with her hands and declares, "Whether or not I am yours is up to me. You understand?" The king nods. "Good," she says with her characteristic triumphant smile and proceeds to take charge of the night. 

Yes! I noticed his hands gestures too, esp when they were kissing and hugging [after SoBong took him out of the well and nursed him]. His hand moves look so right. And he has beautiful fingers! hahaha

I love the fanfic btw, it makes me fluttered but also giggled imagining them:bashful:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, VesperLynd said:

I think Sobong intends to "slap him at the back of the head" not "betray" like "stab in the back." She meant it literally, as is the practice in some cultures when someone does something stupid.

Thank you for your sharing. I do hope so. :blush: Otherwise, it becomes a war among the evils.

Am I the only one who rewatches Ep1-12 while waiting for the new episode? It appears to me that the writer and production team pay close attention to every detail. Every conversation, scene, and stuff are shown deliberately and of course provide some hints. I keep watching and linking all of them, and I must admit that I am in a vicious circle now. 

Well, I guess I should grab a Mac Dunaldu to escape this circle. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, aisling said:

The first time I saw him was in Jealousy Incarnate (his first drama). I didn't pay attention to his looks because he was playing a teenager and I thought he was one. I remember thinking "if this actor polishes his skills, he'll be a big star in the future" because he had a super strong screen presence and charisma. Whenever he had scenes with big actors like Jo Jung Suk and Gong Hyo Shin, I was surprised because he managed to naturally keep up with them. Then I saw him in School 2017 but I couldn't tell it was the same actor (he looks very different from one drama to another) and that's when kdramaland met Tae(s)woon. He was crazy charismatic and smooth in that drama and that's when I found out he was 26 and still pulling off a teenager (some people didn't, but I totally bought his role). I loved his character in Waikiki 1 too, but only after I watched "Time" I realized how unbelievably talented he had become through the years. The level of detail in his acting and how natural it flowed wowed me. That's when I thought "He has a gift" and, that gift together with his unrivaled charisma and strong screen presence, are going to take him places.

Soompi has a Kim Jung Hyun and Shin Hye Sun thread, btw. 

Shin Hye Sun: 

Kim Jung Hyun: 

They've been inactive lately, especially KJH's, but they exist.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Kim Jung Hyun also updated his IG.

Look at his hashtags.... “Queen’s husband.” My poor heart can’t handle this!

spacer.png

Anyway, it’s been awhile since the last kiss. I’d like to see the kiss that So Bong will actually remember. I’m still sad she completely forgot about their kiss at her father’s house...

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 5

On 1/19/2021 at 9:27 AM, kwayteow_mama said:

firstly let me start off by saying that i'm a HUGE shipper of king x queen and like many others, i am one of those crazy fan who replay the kiss scene to get through the week and i'm equally disturbed when this dude kiss the queen when she's vulnerable OR when the dude stops the queen from reaching out to the king (like wth dude?!) :rage::rage::rage:

minus abovesaid ethically fraught scenes, now if this drama was written from cousin pov, what i like about his love for the queen is he puts her happiness/wellbeing/safety first above all else and even as his life mission.

and i would say we need to see things from his shoes. u can't really blame him in the sense that the queen's only direct indication on her relationship matters so far is that she's just pretending to be lovey dovey with the king for practical reasons. so naturally, he thought the queen is in self-sacrifice mode for the clan. and then all he ever saw ever since she entered the palace is her crying, jumping into the lake, someone trying to kill her (made worst when he realized it was the king himself), her falling into vegetative mode for some mysterious reason and the king "demeaning" her by showing his affections for another woman publicly.. which also led him to call the king a possessive loser or in other words, why act all territorial when you don't even like her in the first place.. which also led him to go all like "you crazy girl [my insert] then why you even get intimate with the king when you knew that he tried to kill you/ you don't love him" (before he gets cut off by sobong crazy existential antics). 

as much as i hated that he stopped the queen from reaching out to the king, sure he might have been a sour grape when he did that but on the other hand, he might have worried about her safety and secondly, to avoid the clan's misunderstanding that the queen stands with the king.  

while sobong bailed the king out in many occasions, similarly cousin bailed her out. if he didn't come to sobong's rescue outside of oktajeong, drama would have ended at ep 2 as the case of misadventure of a husband and wife. and he did let her go in the first place because she had looked so happy to enter the palace.

my theory/speculation: as it stands out, it's all a big misunderstanding. he's turning into a villain out of his desire to protect the queen because he's afraid that if the king gains power, he will eliminate her. i believe he will either raise to the occasion (somehow helping the king in some way while helping the queen) or fade to oblivion once king and queen sorted out how they really feel and publicly acknowledge it.

Hello guys, new to this party and loving Mr. Queen to bits! 

Unfortunately, Byung In is one character that I really can't stand. I don't understand where he gets his arrogance from intruding into the King and Queen's life without a care. Even Kim Jwa Geun (his adopted dad) was civil until the latest episode. I completely echo SoBong when she uttered "he's still the King" when she realized how brazen Byung In is. Loving someone doesn't give you the right to take advantage of that person's marriage sitaution (ie. Kissing So Yong when she is distraught) and definitely no grounds to intrude into the other person's marriage life. I still don't understand why the writer wants to write the 2nd male lead this way, its so frustrating to see him when usually 2nd male lead is used as a tool to evoke jealousy from the main lead. 

I can understand Hwa Jin a little more but am definitely not a fan, she's acting the role of an entitled bi*** who is secretly jealous of the queen and thinks the world should love her. Its the cliche nasty female lead route, hence I turned a blind eye. 

Back to the leads, I am loving Shin Hye Sun and Kim Joong Hun for their portrayal. SHS really embodies the goofiness and mannerism of a man without appearing too awkward and when she is "aroused" by the new consorts, it doesn't look unnatural at all. 

KJH was perfectly cast in this drama. He gives off a sad pitiful vibe which befits his character yet can pull off being charismatic. 

My other grouse now is that I started this too early and getting through the week is just crazy hard :sad1:

• Like 2

Cute fanart:

credit to the owner

This edit is beautiful. 

credit to the owner

This is interesting.

The narration about royal couple characters in here are somewhat like drama Mr Queen. 

credit to the owner

• Like 7

2 hours ago, aisling said:

Our king updated his IG thanking his fans for the support. He looks so handsome in any outfit, even a commoner one.

Right, he looks really hot in the commoner outfit and also in the royal pajama like wow:wub:

credit to the owner

LOL

credit to the owner

True, Hwa Jin is always blaming So Bong even when she does nothing to her LOL

credit to the owner

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Mr. Queen: Episodes 11-12 Open Thread

by missvictrix

QUEEN1112_1.jpg

A festival and banquet occupy the court this week, but there’s more than mere pomp and circumstance going on. Each player has their own agenda, and while some prove victorious, others are blindsided by their opponents. In other words, just another day at the royal court.

EPISODES 11-12 WEECAP

QUEEN1112_2.jpg

We open our episodes this week catching up with our characters: Hwa-jin has shared the infamous ledger with the queen dowager, Cheoljong is tickled over his new dictionary, and our queen is complaining that she feels like she’s made of legos — some pieces of her are So-yong, and others are Bong-hwan.

Our queen attempts to distract herself from her reality with the concubines, and she has a little too much fun choosing them, bathing with them, and playing with them. No one finds this strange — but then again, everything this new So-yong does is a bit strange.

QUEEN1112_3.jpg

The real action, though, is the goings on at Dano (or Surit-nal), a traditional holiday that the court is preparing to celebrate. Though a lot of what we see at the festival is a bit non sequitur (or in the words of the grand queen dowager, “staged and boring”), it also plays hosts to several important moments.

The first of those is between Hwa-jin and So-yong. Hwa-jin has been nursing her enmity, and it’s grown as her jealousy has grown. When her handmaid’s body is found (and points to the Kim family side of things), that enmity only increases. Though she is still pretending to be kind and doe-eyed around the king, she’s actually scheming behind his back. And about to murder So-yong.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/mr-queen-episodes-11-12-open-thread/

• Like 3

Come here after watching 12 ep of Mr. Queen..omg I really love this drama..and I just realize KJH & SHS hv second IG account for their character :fullofhearts: they really so cute~~~  likes & comments each other..is it the post & comment really handle by two of them? I want more more more interaction of them bcause the drama getting deep & intense..me already miss their romcom moment together~~ why they dont hv thread in shipper paradise?

• Like 3

Even on the verge of death all he sees is her... The way he reached out to her is so heartbreaking. 

Where are you? Where are you?
spacer.png

Here I am. Here I am...

spacer.png

He thought he was dying. The last thing he wanted to see was her... Gosh, I made myself cry again...

• Like 6
  • Sad 3