[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

5 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About Episodes 9-12 Of “Mr. Queen”

088bb0d4190b4d4eab7766f421e21b3f.jpeg?s=

Jan 21, 2021
by shalini

Another week, another two rollicking episodes of “Mr. Queen.” The show has just passed the halfway mark with episodes 11 and 12 having aired this past weekend, and it hasn’t slowed a bit in intensity or storytelling. “Mr. Queen” is treading new waters with a man’s soul in a woman’s body falling in love with another man, but it’s careful and considerate in its execution. What’s not to love? Here’s a look at what we loved (and the one thing we hated) about the latest quartet of episodes. I guarantee you’ll hop on the bandwagon right away.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 9-12 below.

(Note: due to the confusion in addressing Bong Hwan and So Yong, fans of the show have coined the term “So Bong” to refer to the two merging characters. I’ll be using So Bong to refer to our favorite Queen, and the pronoun “he” because this show is called “Mr. Queen” after all!)

1. LOVED: The extremely hot kiss

It’s no secret that dramas place great meaning and effort into crafting the perfect first kiss scene. There is, of course, the standard drunken kiss that the hero or heroine no longer remembers the next day, but for the most part, the first kiss is usually a momentous occasion. “Mr. Queen” flips this on its head. At the start of episode 9, Cheoljong (Kim Jung Hyun) kisses So Bong (Shin Hye Sun) to hide the fact that he was rummaging through his father-in-law’s house for the ledger that would incriminate the Andong Kim clan. Yet, instead of freezing wide-eyed with emotional music swelling in the background, So Bong grabs his face and makes out with him like there’s no tomorrow.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1449350wpp/5-things-we-loved-1-thing-we-hated-about-episodes-9-12-of-mr-queen

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2021 at 10:02 PM, orion00 said:

I'm a bit curious about Bong Wan and his mum relationship. When the queen delirious after acupuncture, he keep saying that his mom always wanted a daughter not son? And he said are you happy now mum? The king heard this and thinking that the queen missed her mother (the queen lost her mother at very young age). 

yeah me too I'm wondering about BH, but in term of reincarnation. i'm curious if his mom wants daughter so bad maybe it hint, well it already become strongest possibility based on the posts in this forum (sorry, haven't watch Go Princess Go). 

also, i'm wondering about CJ's mom. when SB describe his family history, i dont find the description about his mom. someone or maybe many people has mention here but i forget in what page, sorry T.T, that the blind doctor who always with grand queen dowager could be his mom.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Also regarding whether Cheoljong knew it was So Bong who saved the banquet and sent him messages about the food.

P85Wvx7.jpg

Apparently So Bong wrote the instructions in Hangul (a modern Korean alphabet) while all the royals were supposed to use Chinese characters (like Cheoljong who used Chinese characters when they were “texting”). So Cheoljong should have recognised the messy handwriting, the use of Hangul, and the innovative foods as So Bong’s doing.

So even if the someone would try to blame So Bong for the explosion, I hope Cheoljong will remember this.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

After a night of hot brush messaging, he totally knows who wrote those notes...

Also, his calligraphy in the Queen's dictionary is excellent. 

16 hours ago, larus said:

5 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About Episodes 9-12 Of “Mr. Queen"

Thanks for posting the article! I think the explosion marks the midpoint change I mentioned earlier. The stakes have really gone up.

The writers and actors have done an amazing job keeping the comedy, romance and drama firing on all levels. That is incredibly difficult.

Edited by Raffles
  • Like 5

Finally caught up and I have to say it’s been hilarious seeing Bong going through a bi identity crisis but as the doctor said, the more s/he accepts, the less pain they’ll be in. 

I hope from the explosion, the King manages to find strength and start cutting those strings around him along with the Queen.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, aisling said:

Also regarding whether Cheoljong knew it was So Bong who saved the banquet and sent him messages about the food.

P85Wvx7.jpg

Apparently So Bong wrote the instructions in Hangul (a modern Korean alphabet) while all the royals were supposed to use Chinese characters (like Cheoljong who used Chinese characters when they were “texting”). So Cheoljong should have recognised the messy handwriting, the use of Hangul, and the innovative foods as So Bong’s doing.

So even if the someone would try to blame So Bong for the explosion, I hope Cheoljong will remember this.

Wow. Thanks a lot for the info. I didn't know the difference between Hangul and the Chinese-character alphabet. I just know that the writing style is pretty much similar to that of the letters. I bet Cheoljong recognizes it since he spent the whole night long "texting" with So Bong. :D The only point stuck in my head is whether Mac Dunaldu really means as Cheoljong's explanation when he broke it down into terms. It's hilarious!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, aisling said:

P85Wvx7.jpg

When they re texting, Cheoljong use Korean alphabet not chinese characters (Hanja). But write in vertical and from right to left.

Modern korean is in horizontal but left to right.

When Chaeljong write dictionary in cover of the book is in chinese but inside is in Hangul right to left.

Edited by 김진주
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Oh my new video? :)

I think it's new edited video :sweat_smile:

At first I thought it was video call, but then I remember that both are different video. So it's actually two different videos that put into one. Many of us just go crazy waiting for next episode of Mr.Queen, and some of them are very creative and imaginative :joy:

• Like 1

This is truly a cute scene:D

credit to the owner

The way she did the puppy eyes to him:wub:

Spoiler

Stills for episode 13

credit to the owner

Spoiler

credit to the owner

One of the reason I like watching Chinese and Korean historical drama.

The already hot Chinese and Korean actors will look hotter with their historical costumes and topknot hairstyle

:luvarrow:

Spoiler

credit to the owner

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

The way they needed to physically block her because she wanted to go to him so desperately. Episode 13 is going to be really emotional.

Also I’m waiting for another kiss... it’s been awhile... don’t be so stinky, tvN!

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1