[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

1 minute ago, aisling said:

The question is if So Yong knew she was the one saving Cheoljong, why didn’t she tell him? Why she key him think it was HJ?

Maybe she only found out the real reason behind the King's love for HJ and thought it was too late to tell him the truth cause he's already in love with someone else? SY is a good lady so I thought it's possible she gave up on telling the truth and didn't want to look pity running after the King, begging for his love? (Which she kinda did at the night she committed suicide). 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, aisling said:

The cousin and the king’s brother are getting on my nerves. 

Both are hella creepy. One is trying to kiss an unconscious married woman who’s also the queen of the nation.  

The other is trying to push his brother to sleep with a woman he’s also in love with. He’s sick.

——-

I always had an impression people considered Kim Jung Hyun as an excellent actor, didn’t they? It’s not like he’s suddenly showing his talent while he was bad in his past dramas? I know he took a break due to some of his personal issues but I always thought he was a great actor.

I can understand the king's brother helping Hwa Jin even though I'm annoyed with his constant "yo wifey is evilll just like her family dude" at his brother because Hwa Jin is the king's concubine.

I means although he likes her, she likes the king and if we like someone we try to make her happy so if the king showering Hwa Jin with love she will be happy.

But the adopted cousin annoyed me with his "try to kiss her" act to the unconscious queen and "I know it all" attitude to the king. Just ughh

Yes many peoples are praising him as a good actor but some people mentioned that his character in this drama is unlikeable and the screenwriter is wasting his talent here because he is powerless and boring.

But because of his powerless and flawed character here I root for him so hard since episode 1.

32 minutes ago, Kaizen68 said:

There is an interesting theory and rumor in DC Gall. About the book in episode 7. As you can see, little Soyong is hugging a book and it's the same as what HJ kept. The book is wet and HJ said she has a secret (in the preview). So the book maybe was there when SY helping CJ, who was trapped in the well. But HJ wrote her name on it. 

Thank you for the info @Kaizen68. Btw, what is DC Gall?

Hahah

What is her plan to avenge this situation later?

credit to the owner

Yes!

credit to the owner

When he feel relieved while the physician look scared as heck LOL

credit to the owner

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 2

6 hours ago, enzek said:

Yes Queen!

credit to the owner

Speaking abour this ....

I think the longer BongHwan stays in SoYong's body, he'll have SoYong's memories, skills and feelings. 

Since SoYong is in love with CheolJong, BongHwan will be attracted to him and then fall for for him.

@Lady_Lara it's a been long time since I post a comment and  my first time having a  blob reaction. Is it a negative or positive reaction ?

• Like 8
  • Blob 2

I have an alternate theory

Spoiler

What if the queen was experiencing everything Bong Hwan did and his memories while Bong Hwan was temporarily inside her body and she was inside his body in modern times. So, when the souls returned back, it is So Yong that has returned but she is thinking that she is Bong Hwan because she was inside comatose Bong Hwan's body and somehow confused her identity. So, its So Yong that is back but she is acting like Bong Hwan. I know its a crazy theory and I am happy either way, its Bong Hwan, its So Yong but just realized, its possible that the whole soul swapping has had some effect on her psyche. 

I think this may also be partially due to the incomplete exorcism ritual. Since, they didn't finish it, the whole thing kind of went heywire.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

OMG, I just can’t wait for this scene tomorrow! This is going to be so much fun! :lol: 

So Bong is literally spraying herself (I’m going to use she/her pronoun from now since she doesn’t get a male voiceover anymore) with water. It’s getting hot in here because of Cheoljong haha. Why can’t I stop laughing? :joy: Poor Cheoljong, he’s so confused because she’s getting weirder and weirder.

24o9hZl.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
  • Wiggle 1

6 hours ago, enzek said:

I post it here for joke LOL

The one where king covered with charcoal is when he was still a commoner. At that time he chatting with his friends while chopping wood.

The one where queen covered with charcoal is when she wait for her food to get cook in her newly build kind of oven.

This is first time I'm really annoyed with second male lead more than second female lead in a Korean romance drama LOL

The queen's cousin kind of "I know it all" behavior is so ughh:unamused:

credit to the owner

So sweet:wub:

credit to the owner

I really pity the king in this episode. He had to fight against those corrupt people and his wife is not well. 

I hope So Bong will realize her feeling for him quickly so after that she can become his ally and backup:dissapointed_relieved:

Oh my gosh like yess, at first I was like ok but isn’t it too much when you talk to the King of nation like that, have no respect and with such a character “I’m better than you”. The queen cousin is just being concern and protective I know that, but Byeong In should know his limit, I was on fire when he thought he’s more powerful to protect the queen rather than King. Byeong In know his clan is powerful than King Cheoljong so that he can trigger him like that. I’m disappointed. 

4 minutes ago, aisling said:

OMG, I just can’t wait for this scene tomorrow! This is going to be so much fun! :lol: 

So Bong is literally spraying herself (I’m going to use she/her pronoun from now since she doesn’t get a male voiceover anymore) with water. It’s getting hot in here because of Cheoljong haha. Why can’t I stop laughing? :joy: Poor Cheoljong, he’s so confused because she’s getting weirder and weirder.

24o9hZl.gif

Tonight episode gonna be hilarious HAHAHAHAHA. The King face is everything, poor him:lol:also can’t wait for the flashback story about little Cheoljong and little Soyong.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

41 minutes ago, aisling said:

24o9hZl.gif

Seems BongHwan is using it as a holy water like an exorcist driving away a spirit possessing a body :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

8 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

They will fake death to kill king in line with history and yet not kill them

That is the only logical ending. And this whole current chagrin of baby queen saving baby king is setting groundwork for it. They will survive and live happily somewhere (as chinese ending)

I think so. Maybe they will fake the king's death. But this story start in his 2nd year and based on history the king die in his 13th year. Yeah just wait for the scriptwriter-nim's decision...

Spoiler

I also hope their baby son is safe. In webdrama, their 1st child is a son and later he become the king. But after the king fake his death and later the queen, in their hidden place, they have another child, the 2nd child is a daughter.

But in novel, their 1st child is a daughter, because the king want a daughter plus if they have a daughter, she's safe, later their 2nd child is a son.

But if later they fake their death, I really dislike the ending like webdrama. I want the ending like novel please...

3 hours ago, aisling said:

The question is if So Yong knew she was the one saving Cheoljong, why didn’t she tell him? Why she let him think it was HJ?

Maybe that was the lie that the queen has mentioned before she jumped to the lake...

2 hours ago, uglypearl said:

I think the longer BongHwan stays in SoYong's body, he'll have SoYong's memories, skills and feelings. Since SoYong is in love with CheolJong, BongHwan will be attracted to him and then fall for him

Nah since last night episode why I didn't hear the chef voice as the queen inner voice? 

Spoiler

Maybe this story will like Oh My Ghost, the chef will make So Young change become stronger. And netizen will accept that the one who is in relationship, the king and the real queen. But tbh I really not care about who, the chef or the real queen.

But netizen seems still wondering about the chef's case in Blue House and the only way to close and clear his name, the chef should wake up, and later maybe we can see his mother who love Zumba. Hahahahahaha....

Ah dunno, let's just wait and watch how the story goes on... They already finished filming... So we just wait then...

PS : sorry for my bad grammar.

• Blob 2

The character development of the king is amazing me, from hated to genuine care for his wife, unknowingly that he cares for her. The way he runs towards her not bothering to listen and finished the sentence of HY he sprints like a mad man so worried that it might be late when he reached to her! 

I started to dislike the cousin, please:unamused: As if she is his wife! He had no respect for the king entering the room like he has the authority over the king! It's so satisfying that the king give him a piece of his mind, don't he dare! He constantly stepping over the boundary, at first I thought I could ship him to Soyong but looking back on the night he kissed her, he didn't even ask permission fully comprehending that she was on a vulnerable state of mind, she doesn't even enjoyed it! 

I change my mind now that bong Hwang and cheoljong will not be a couple, I think that soyong and bong hang will be sharing the same soul and mind, I hope they will slowly go into the route. 

The mystery of the queen so young is unfolding, we all knew that there's a big chance that she was the one who saved the king when he was young and indeed it was true! The concubine days are ticking soon the world will know she lied to the king! So cheoljong doesn't love her but SoYong, that's when she said those words that you should love me....

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Good to see how Bong Hwan is now realising how difficult a life the Queen had.

I love his/her impassioned speech about how the King was taking advantage as she was the weakest person (at that point) which he could attack. And the realisation from the King that that was what he was doing.

Bravo to the acting from Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun.

Intially I was upset with how Bong Hwan was thinking about just going back and not thinking about the consequences for the Queen (So Yong) once they have swapped back their souls/bodies. But then he realises the treacherous moves in the palace and he is using his 21st Century skills here.

As for the King, I was angered by how he treated the Queen merely through the fact that she was from the Kim Clan. He doesn't realise that the Jo Clan also has power-play in mind? It's great to see how he is now seeing her (or Bong Hwan, haha) in a new light. She is forcing him to see and reflect on his own behaviour.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

Nah since last night episode why I didn't hear the chef voice as the queen inner voice? 

There's a possibility they merge into one or maybe SoYong  is overtaking him. 

The longer BongHwan stays he'll become SoYong himself. 

He has to find the solution to return to his original body as soon as possible before SoYong overtakes him in Joseon period and becomes a vegetative person forever in modern times. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

As someone who has watched way too many harem dramas, the royal concubine is digging her own undoing. The number one rule in every harem is to never , ever boast about your favour , it will be the cause of your downfall. The minute she started to get cocky, he started slipping away from her. She’s lucky it’s Jang Bong Hwan’s soul, if it was the queen or another Joseon woman , she would’ve been plotted out of the palace. I liked her and understood her , but the writers seem to set her her character up for downfall. She is three faced, innocent and caring in front of the king , calculating in front of the Queen dowager and cocky in front of the Queen. And jealousy is really getting to her and inciting her dark vices, it’s only a matter of time Cheoljong starts piecing things together , given how observant and calculating he is. She can only be safe if she chooses to pick a side , the power or love. Her safer option is love, if she stops now , when the king loves and trusts her , she can cover up her tracks. She can even conceive a child probably. Power is not wise, because she is new and the people in the place will abandon her just as easily. And the king would not like it, if he learns she is vying for more power. But if she tries to have it all , both the power and love , having to much faith in his love for her, that’s when she will lose everything, all together. I really wanted to root for her , hopefully her character will have some development in the end.

• Like 8
  • Blob 2

Okay, loved episode 7 :wub:.

13 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

Okay... Yeah topless king. Wkwkwkwkwk...

About preview ep 8

Hide contents

But I think about little king and little queen already met and actually the one who help the little king was the little queen, that's true... They talked about "secret" in the end... And they showed the well...

I think so as well.

3 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Ratings are in:

Episode 7: 12.4% Nationwide

13.2% Metropolitan Area

That is awesome :)

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, uglypearl said:

There's a possibility they merge into one or maybe SoYong  is overtaking him. 

The longer BongHwan stays he'll become SoYong himself. 

He has to find the solution to return to his original body as soon as possible before SoYong overtakes him in Joseon period and becomes a vegetative person forever in modern times. 

Bong Hwan has his own arc that needs to be resolved in 2021 timeline so I am guessing at some point he will fully return at the very least to wrap it up. This whole thing now is leaning towards, Oh My Ghost territory which wasn't something that I am personally big fan of. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I think Bong Hwan is becoming the queen, or is merging with her. The more he gets used to that body, the more he is introduced to her, shown her memories etc... Like all time travel dramas , he is placed there for a reason and I think the queens soul chose him for a reason too. I think  his purpose is to help cheoljong into a better king and reveal the truth, because had the queen not changed , he wouldn’t have trusted her . The secret of their childhoods wouldn’t have been revealed as Hwa Jin had this grip on him, which is now loosening.  My prediction is he will time travel back after his purpose is over , the queen soul will return , and he will meet Cheoljong’s reincarnation in the future.  I don’t think they are the same person , but for now one soul cohabits two bodies. Kinda of like MLSHR, the original girl dies and a Morden soul takes over while her body  in another  timeline is in comatose. My main argument comes from the fact that he cannot be the same person since he is sexist and gets off on being a player , while the queen is a heartbroken young woman, who killed herself because of the pain. Seems to me this meant to be a lesson to him as well, but I will wait and see, I could be wrong . You could become what you despise and loathed.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Bong Hwan has his own arc that needs to be resolved in 2021 timeline so I am guessing at some point he will fully return at the very least to wrap it up. 

He will  probably go back to present after the problem  has been solved in Joseon period, maybe in last two or three episodes.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1