[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Not sure if this has been mentioned but this scene made me think that we are on the right track with the reincarnation-theory. 

Queen-Cheorin2.jpg

Also, talking about what the shaman said, we do know that the person inside the queen's body has changed, so it makes sense that she is able to tell a difference regarding the "texture"/state of the soul. At the same time, I don't think this has to mean that the soul inside the queen is a completely different soul.

Spoiler

Haha, look at me foolishly trying to apply logic to a gender-bending/fantastic/time-travelling drama

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

@Kaizen68 thank you for your posts and inputs!! 

It's funny because I don't mind reading spoilers XD it's more the visual spoilers that get me! For example, I have watched a part of Go Princess Go and the bathroom scene we saw in Mr Queen appeared (after I saw Mr Queen's one of course). But I told myself omg, I wouldn't have found Mr Queen's one as funny if I had seen that same scene in Go Princess Go first. That's why I am refraining myself from watching it! Hahahhaa 

Thank you everyone for the gifs and tweets! I love rewatching our leads scenes, makes me giggle!! :)

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Kim Jung Hyun has very expressive eyes. His eyes seemed so sincere when he looked at the Queen worriedly , trying to reason with her after saving her life. So although he claims, he doesn't look at the Queen as a woman yet, his heart is definitely melting. If we compare it to his response the night he rejected her love. His eyes seemed so cold and distant, full of hatred. He is mellowing down. He's a fine actor. A true match for the actress playing the role of the FL. 

I enjoy watching him act, subtle ebb and flow of emotions , myriad emotions , hiding behind the exterior of a weakling but actually plotting to free himself and establish himself in his own right, the swift changes in his expressions are just too mesmerizing. It definitely keeps me hooked.

SHS is definitely the brightest star in the galaxy of Mr Queen but KJH makes him presence felt in his own subtle way. 

It's a torture to wait for the episodes to air. :tears:

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

It’s have been a long time since the last time I really followed and anticipate an ongoing kdrama! kyaaaa Mr Queen really that kind of drama that have unpredictable plot which you can’t even sure what happen in each episode, eventhough you get the previewI mean the plot itself is strong enough!! Too many things need to be sort out (I’m liking it). Glad that it gonna be 20 episodes

By the way Kim Jung Hyun and Shin Hye Sun as the lead actor and actress really did a GREAT JOB!! I didn’t really know much about them previously BUT through this drama I can see how GREAT they are! Their expression and chemistry is top notch!! By the way I’m interested on this drama at first because of the teaser itself, it really done well!!

Since, this is sageuk drama I didn’t anticipate for happily ever after ending BUT since this is not a normal sageuk drama LOL yeah, let’s at least put some hope on it!! 

p/s: it’s a torture to wait for weekend nowadays. this drama is literally my happy pill, it help laugh and smile throughout this pandemic, stay safe guys!! Enjoy watching Mr Queen!

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Yay finally I think I'm out of my kdrama slump! Ever since I had this excessive obsession with a kdrama that ended 6 months ago, I kept on dropping kdramas and have never finished a single one since then. It might be too early to tell but I think mr queen will end this slump for me. Not really following any of the leads so this is unexpected to me but damn this show is so entertaining! I love the acting and the chemistry between the king and Mr. Queen. Kodus to shs and kjh. I love the quirks. I also love the side characters lol. From the stressed court ladies to the insecure royal chef. My favorite of course is lady choi, can't imagine the amount of stress she's having. I hope we see her wide smile and laugh her heart out in the future :joy:

On other note, I came here to read some theories on how the romance will play out cause I mean this is a korean show we are talking about. Are they taking us to the safe route or to a controversial one? I'm open for anything though as long as there's a lot of scenes between the king and Mr. Queen and I'll just enjoy the ride. I just love every scene with them together lol! I'm excited for the next episodes and I hope cctv lady choi will have her much needed break. 

Relaxing Deep Breath GIF by Talk Stoop

• Like 5

On 12/28/2020 at 12:12 PM, Nymeria289 said:

I think that So Yong would definitely return....the shaman said she is possessed so I still think So Yong's soul is inside her body dormant as she wanted to escape so the Chef kind of is keeping her alive for now. Remember she keeps flashing back to So Yong's memories as well. Also historically, Queen Cheorin has to be alive, they can't toy with that.

I like how Bong Hwan is doing everything he can to charm Hwa Jin and everybody thinks its for either palace politics or a ploy to get close to Choljeong.

@Nymeria289 kinda agree with you on this and also from the last preview the joseon doctor said that if “her energy return then queen will stay alive” so, probably for now maybe Bong Hwan is the one who keep Queen So yong alive and we really don’t know what really gonna happen. If, it gonna be the same soul then maybe it is reincarnation but one of the body need to let go, since it’s the same soul. Anyway let’s see on upcoming episode too much theory and assumption haha >~< 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, deanne3004 said:

Hi @enzek ! Thanks for sharing my tweets here as I’m really appreciate it very much ! I’m rarely using this forum to write because I’m not so familiar with this. 

Oh, I don't know haha. Which one is your tweets?

When I post your tweets here later I will credit it with your name:D

Every time they touch and stare at each other I can feel their chemistry.

credit to the owner

I can't stop fangirling over this bts pic. Kim Jung Hyun look really sexy:wub:

credit to the owner

Their bickering scene at the lake in the beginning of episode 6 is awesome but I really like the scene where the king grabbed and hold the queen's waist to prevent her from jumping again. 

I feel that moves are hot:tongue:

Of course that make her really angry so she headbutt him haha

credit to the owner

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

Hi guys! It's been a long time since I posted something. But I totally fell in love with this drama so I decided to join the discussion. It makes me laugh every weekend. I honestly don't know in which direction this drama will go. Are So Yong and Bong Hwan the same person? I don't think so. I personally think that So Yong died. That's why Bong Hwan's body is in a coma when he is currently in Queen's body. But maybe as someone said they share the same soul. Korean dramas very often use reincarnations as a solution so it's not impossible. However in this case I think that for now the King changed his feelings because of Bong Hwan's Queen not So Yong's. He didn't use to like So Yong. I guess he spent as little time with her as he could. He was prejudiced because she was from Kim clan. He didn't know her at all. But he spent time with Bong Hwan and was shaken by his actions not So Yong's.  He changed his mind cause even if Bong Hwan acts recklessly he tries to do the good thing. And I am not so sure that So Young would step in to save the King and Jo Hwa Jin.  However I may be wrong. We will see :) As for further development. As I said before I don't think it would be right if So Young would go back and live happily with King. Because most likely it's not her that the King will eventually love. I do feel that she was an interesting woman and I want to see more of her. But I think she is gone. And I guess that Bong Hwan will go back to his future body only when he dies for real as the Queen. It was used in one of the historical dramas before if I remember correctly. Anyway, I hope this drama will be fun till the end and won't disappoint us :) I absolutely adore Shin Hye Sun in this role. She is awesome. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, chatterbox22 said:

And I guess that Bong Hwan will go back to his future body only when he dies for real as the Queen.

I was thinking the same. Soyong won't come back and the chef will be in the body of Soyong until he dies as the queen. Probably after years of his life spent in the Joseon era. When he comes back to his original body in the modern world, he will visit the lake again and probably sees his writing on the stone. But I'm also not sure about this, because it would change the history of Hangul letters and they acknowledge the concept of parallel worlds. However, I have a feeling this writing will appear in the last episode/a moment in a modern world to show what the chef experienced wasn't just a dream.

I don't consider it as a sad ending as long as it's not too bizarre like the c-drama's.

50780857312_ea543b5f5f_k.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 1

@enzek Its chupa chups @/kaendi ! Btw peeps, i wanna ask something abt qi. Is it something related to the soul (as in this drama it involved between two swap souls) or some health problems ? And is it the same thing with ying and yang elements ? I’m asking because there’s certain dramas highlighting about yin yang in aspects of husband and wife relationship. They shows that when some elements(either ying/yang) are not balance, it can leads to imbalance energy in the body. Thus, one of the way to restore energy is consummate the marriage. 

17 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

Kim Jung Hyun has very expressive eyes. His eyes seemed so sincere when he looked at the Queen worriedly , trying to reason with her after saving her life. So although he claims, he doesn't look at the Queen as a woman yet, his heart is definitely melting. If we compare it to his response the night he rejected her love. His eyes seemed so cold and distant, full of hatred. He is mellowing down. He's a fine actor. A true match for the actress playing the role of the FL. 

I enjoy watching him act, subtle ebb and flow of emotions , myriad emotions , hiding behind the exterior of a weakling but actually plotting to free himself and establish himself in his own right, the swift changes in his expressions are just too mesmerizing. It definitely keeps me hooked.

SHS is definitely the brightest star in the galaxy of Mr Queen but KJH makes him presence felt in his own subtle way. 

It's a torture to wait for the episodes to air. 

I really love how you describe Kim Jung Hyun performance here. Yes, Shin Hye Sun performance and character are very lovable but I love Kim Jung Hyun too.

Some people complained that his character here is weak, boring but I'm really intrigued with his character.

Usually, in Korean historical romance dramas that I watch before the main male lead is dashing, powerful and from the higher class while the main female lead is from the lower class but their characters are reversed here. So interesting.

I pity the king, not only he has to be a dumb puppet king and less allies on his sides. His brother also often remind him to alienate himself from his wife and that she is from the enemy's clan SMH:headbang:

I really hope even his brother like Hwa Jin, he won't betray the king later.

credit to the owner

I want to see what are his plans to fight against his enemies and also I can't wait for current queen to be same page with him.

Some people also mentioned they upset that the screenwriter make Kim Jung Hyun character unlovable because he want to kill his wife and want her to end with her adopted cousin instead. To me the king here is soo tame compared to the main male lead in Chinese historical dramas LOL

If they upset with King Cheol Jong here they better stay away from for example, Crown Prince Li Cheng Yin in Goodbye My Princess haha

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Agree! I want to see their romance. Don't waste their chemistry.

credit to the owner

First sign of So Bong fallin?B)

credit to the owner

• Like 8
  • Blob 2

Hello guys! Here's the translated preview for ep 7! I got a little help from Dr. Google, but it's not a perfect translation. The ideas are there though ;)

It can be a spoiler for some, so SPOILER ALERT! 

Spoiler

조선에서 배달 서비스를 개시한 소용은 새로운 삶의 동력을 얻는데, 이 타이밍에 현대로 돌아가게 된 봉환. 소중한 내 몸! 드디어 돌아왔구나! 기쁨의 환호를 지르던 봉환은 기막힌 이야기를 듣는다. 이보시오 의사 양반, 내가 식물인간이라니? 봉환은 또다시 절망하는데... 한편, 봉환의 영혼이 빠져나간 소용은 정신을 잃고 쓰러진다. 이에 궁궐이 발칵 뒤집어지는데.

Cr: naver

Starting a delivery service in Joseon became the new drive of life for So Yong, but at this timing, Bong Hwan came back to the modern days. My precious body! I am finally back! While cheering of joy, Bong Hwan heard shocking news. Look here, mister doctor, you say that I am a vegetable person? Bong Hwan is falling in despair once again... On the other hand, So Yong, from whom Bong Hwan's soul has left, fell and lost conciousness. The palace is hence upside down...

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, bomnie said:

Hello guys! Here's the translated preview for ep 7! I got a little help from Dr. Google, but it's not a perfect translation. The ideas are there though ;)

Reveal hidden contents

조선에서 배달 서비스를 개시한 소용은 새로운 삶의 동력을 얻는데, 이 타이밍에 현대로 돌아가게 된 봉환. 소중한 내 몸! 드디어 돌아왔구나! 기쁨의 환호를 지르던 봉환은 기막힌 이야기를 듣는다. 이보시오 의사 양반, 내가 식물인간이라니? 봉환은 또다시 절망하는데... 한편, 봉환의 영혼이 빠져나간 소용은 정신을 잃고 쓰러진다. 이에 궁궐이 발칵 뒤집어지는데.

Starting a delivery service in Joseon became the new drive of life for So Yong, but at this timing, Bong Hwan came back to the modern days. My precious body! I am finally back! While cheering of joy, Bong Hwan heard shocking news. Look here, mister doctor, you say that I am a vegetable person? Bong Hwan is falling in despair once again... On the other hand, So Yong, from whom Bong Hwan's soul has left, fell and lost conciousness. The palace is hence upside down...

omg now i’m really curious! 

Spoiler

has soyong been stuck in bonghwan’s vegetative body this whole time or is her soul really dead? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bomnie said:

Hide contents

So, they made the unconcious queen is the real so yong as bong hwan in his body ? Its much more interesting. Btw, from the preview ep 7 where the queen is awake, judging from the behavior and the expression, I see it as so bong , not the real queen. Maybe due to the some reasons, bong hwan is coming back into the queen’s body.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bomnie said:

Reveal hidden contents

Cr: naver

Thank you.

I don't care anymore how crazy or confusing this drama explanation about the soul/body swapping issue later. Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun chemistry in here is worth it LOL

So they truly really seriously finished filming phew

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Few more days before we can see them again!

credit to the owner

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Yes, it's Thursday, we need to wait 2 days more... I'm so curious with the next episode...

About the queen

Spoiler

The king knew that the queen wasn't the real queen. The queen told him and the concubine also heard that, but they thought she's lying. The ninth prince also realized that she's not the real queen.

Oh yah, in Chinese version the name of the playboy and the name of the real Queen is similar. But in Korean, seems different alot.

About the king want to kill the queen

Spoiler

Okay, because someone has mentioned Goodbye My Princess, I also highly recommended to watch this drama and could see how complicated the king's character in Chinese historical drama. But warning for you to prepare your emotions... You can try The King's Woman too.

If you watched in webdrama Go Princess Go, The King indeed wanted to kill his own wife to harm his own brother, the ninth prince. Oh yah as I remember, the king wanted killing the queen because the queen said a man who has character like the king was the type that less popular for a woman. The queen actually wanted to saying that the type like he was before was the most popular around the woman, but the king thought the queen refered to the ninth prince.

The king also later used the concubine only to make the queen jealous.

• Like 3