[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

at first i didnt want to watch this drama since it almost like a BL/gay theme, but it was so boring on that particular day, which i stumbled to watch the ep 4. yup, my eyes glued on that drama. not bad SHS acting. hopefully it will be like oh my ghost. JJS loves PBY as herself. thanks to  the 'ghost' who makes PBY more lively , funnier than previous PBY, which somehow helps PBY get along with the chef (hmmm, same work like JBH)

we can see be4 the queen throws herself to the lake , she met the king, but he coldly left her. maybe there is a secret of real So Yong that will make King run to her ( the real So Yong not JBH).

eagerly waiting the next ep.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, enzek said:

Some people also mentioned they upset that the screenwriter make Kim Jung Hyun character unlovable because he want to kill his wife and want her to end with her adopted cousin instead. To me the king here is soo tame compared to the main male lead in Chinese historical dramas LOL

If they upset with King Cheol Jong here they better stay away from for example, Crown Prince Li Cheng Yin in Goodbye My Princess haha

I know right! Even Cheoljong in this drama is about 50 times better than the Chinese drama version (Qi Sheng in Go Princess Go).

My honest thoughts on Qi Sheng:

Spoiler

Qi Sheng is an as****le. He abused his wife, pranked her, cheated her, forced her to get pregnant even though she doesn't want to, wanted to kill her, and he said that whatever he did to her could be justified because he is her husband.

In the kdrama, Hwa Jin is his concubine (at least she is a king's wife). But in the Chinese version, she's even someone else's wife. And they had an affair in front of the public just because he is  the emperor/future emperor. Each of them is someone else's spouse yet they committed adultery.

11 hours ago, deanne3004 said:

So, they made the unconcious queen is the real so yong as bong hwan in his body ?

If you referred to this sentence:

Spoiler

Starting a delivery service in Joseon became the new drive of life for So Yong, but at this timing, Bong Hwan came back to the modern days. My precious body! I am finally back! While cheering of joy, Bong Hwan heard shocking news. Look here, mister doctor, you say that I am a vegetable person? Bong Hwan is falling in despair once again... On the other hand, So Yong, from whom Bong Hwan's soul has left, fell and lost conciousness. The palace is hence upside down...

I think it means the current queen (Sobong) who lost unconsciousness in the palace. Not the previous/real Soyong in Bong Hwan's body. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think we have any clues about where is the real Soyong yet.

10 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

About the queen

Hide contents

The king knew that the queen wasn't the real queen. The queen told him and the concubine also heard that, but they thought she's lying. The ninth prince also realized that she's not the real queen.

Oh yah, in Chinese version the name of the playboy and the name of the real Queen is similar. But in Korean, seems different alot.

I watched the original series as well and I am reading the novel:

Spoiler

I think I remember, even though the queen told them, they didn't believe it as you said (they thought she was lying). But wait, I didn't know the ninth-prince realized she's not the real Zhang Peng-Peng? I thought the ninth prince just said she's changed a lot and have a better character (in the c-drama). Or I probably skipped that part.

In the original novel, Qi Sheng eventually realized it is someone else inside the body. However, it took time for Zhang Shi to tell him and make him understand. As Zhang Shi mentioned, "would he even understand? this kind of person is easily make mistake, overestimating his own IQ" lol

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bomnie said:

Hello guys! Here's the translated preview for ep 7! I got a little help from Dr. Google, but it's not a perfect translation. The ideas are there though ;)

It can be a spoiler for some, so SPOILER ALERT! 

Hide contents

조선에서 배달 서비스를 개시한 소용은 새로운 삶의 동력을 얻는데, 이 타이밍에 현대로 돌아가게 된 봉환. 소중한 내 몸! 드디어 돌아왔구나! 기쁨의 환호를 지르던 봉환은 기막힌 이야기를 듣는다. 이보시오 의사 양반, 내가 식물인간이라니? 봉환은 또다시 절망하는데... 한편, 봉환의 영혼이 빠져나간 소용은 정신을 잃고 쓰러진다. 이에 궁궐이 발칵 뒤집어지는데.

Cr: naver

Starting a delivery service in Joseon became the new drive of life for So Yong, but at this timing, Bong Hwan came back to the modern days. My precious body! I am finally back! While cheering of joy, Bong Hwan heard shocking news. Look here, mister doctor, you say that I am a vegetable person? Bong Hwan is falling in despair once again... On the other hand, So Yong, from whom Bong Hwan's soul has left, fell and lost conciousness. The palace is hence upside down...

Omg now I’m really curious about episode 7.

• Like 2

Have you guys seen this? Omg I am so excited because I think the scene will be so cute lol. This is a thread, there are some explanations about the still cuts too.

Btw I don't think it's real Soyong inside her, because she looks sassy. Soyong has more calm vibes. It's probably Sobong, she realizes she couldn't do anything with her/his life in the modern era, accepts reality and therefore tries into survive by acting more feminine. It's not a flashback of Soyong either because her hair isn't loose. Indiciating she's a married woman.

• Like 8
  • Blob 2

Hi Chingus,

I just had time to watch drama again, and I am so glad to randomly watch this drama ... I haven't laughed so hard lately (many months),  really thanks to ShinHyeSun LOL. But what the heck is Choi Jin Hyuk doing here only as a Cameo? :D

I do really wish Jang Bo Hwan get stuck FOREVER in Joseon Era, he can make lots of money inventing Air Conditioner but he truly need to start with inventing a Fan first.

If according to history, the King CheolJong only love his mistress HwaJin, (I'm Okay with that) but perhaps, perhaps Jang Bo Hwan is the real future descendant from Queen KimSoYoung , that the Chef JBH was there to perfect the Queen SoYoung's story so the King won't make a fool of her. Yay??

At the end of episode 6, I'm hoping that The King has not spent the night with Lady HwaJin.

Not looking forward to see love chemistry between King and Queen, because even without it, the drama is already so refreshing to watch.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, enzek said:

They are cute but the way So Bong kind of tilted her head cracks me up ahaha:lol:

idk why but i expect the full scene to be so bong being excessively adorable for whatever weird reason he has conjured up this time hehheh xD

so the queen is supposed to undergo some change after waking up? eggcited!! :D

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

I know right! Even Cheoljong in this drama is about 50 times better than the Chinese drama version (Qi Sheng in Go Princess Go).

My honest thoughts on Qi Sheng:

Hide contents

Qi Sheng is an as****le. He abused his wife, pranked her, cheated her, forced her to get pregnant even though she doesn't want to, wanted to kill her, and he said that whatever he did to her could be justified because he is her husband.

In the kdrama, Hwa Jin is his concubine (at least she is a king's wife). But in the Chinese version, she's even someone else's wife. And they had an affair in front of the public just because he is  the emperor/future emperor. Each of them is someone else's spouse yet they committed adultery.

If you referred to this sentence:

Hide contents

I think it means the current queen (Sobong) who lost unconsciousness in the palace. Not the previous/real Soyong in Bong Hwan's body. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think we have any clues about where is the real Soyong yet.

I watched the original series as well and I am reading the novel:

Hide contents

I think I remember, even though the queen told them, they didn't believe it as you said (they thought she was lying). But wait, I didn't know the ninth-prince realized she's not the real Zhang Peng-Peng? I thought the ninth prince just said she's changed a lot and have a better character (in the c-drama). Or I probably skipped that part.

In the original novel, Qi Sheng eventually realized it is someone else inside the body. However, it took time for Zhang Shi to tell him and make him understand. As Zhang Shi mentioned, "would he even understand? this kind of person is easily make mistake, overestimating his own IQ" lol

About the queen identity

Spoiler

Yes, both the king and that woman didn't believe what the queen said. 

As I remember in novel, the ninth prince ever asked about the queen's identity, as I remember when the king and the queen back to the queen's home, and also they met the ninth prince and that woman there, when the queen knew that her family made planning B to marry her little sister to ninth prince 

3 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Hi Chingus,

I just had time to watch drama again, and I am so glad to randomly watch this drama ... I haven't laughed so hard lately (many months),  really thanks to ShinHyeSun LOL. But what the heck is Choi Jin Hyuk doing here only as a Cameo? :D

I do really wish Jang Bo Hwan get stuck FOREVER in Joseon Era, he can make lots of money inventing Air Conditioner but he truly need to start with inventing a Fan first.

If according to history, the King CheolJong only love his mistress HwaJin, (I'm Okay with that) but perhaps, perhaps Jang Bo Hwan is the real future descendant from Queen KimSoYoung , that the Chef JBH was there to perfect the Queen SoYoung's story so the King won't make a fool of her. Yay??

At the end of episode 6, I'm hoping that The King has not spent the night with Lady HwaJin.

Not looking forward to see love chemistry between King and Queen, because even without it, the drama is already so refreshing to watch.

Same with you... I want the ending like the novel ending, because I think ending of the webdrama was a mess...

In history, Royal Noble Consort Jo indeed had 2 sons with the king (the 3rd and 4th son). But the 1st son from Royal Noble Consort Kim. And the 2nd son from the Queen...

Nah from drama so far we only have the Queen and Royal Noble Consort Jo, so we still dunno from whom the king would have the 1st son...

3 hours ago, enzek said:

@Kaizen68 I believe that is So Bong LOL.

They are cute but the way So Bong kind of tilted her head cracks me up ahaha:lol:

credit to the owner

About the spoiler pic. If that's true. If they back to Queen's home, I remember the scene from webdrama and the novel

From webdrama and the novel

Spoiler

The Queen would be drunk and finally would have first night with the king. As I remember that happened when they stayed at Queen's home

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 1

3 minutes ago, Jillia said:

“Mr. Queen” Teases Blossoming Romance Between Kim Jung Hyun And Shin Hye Sun After She Regains Consciousness

Jan 1, 2021
by E. Cha

Awww @Jillia   Mr Queen is so demure and sweet in her pastel lime-pink royal hanbok  and King is so handsome in his royal purple assemble.   Looking forward to their romance.   Thank you.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I have so many questions!

How would they be back at the Queen’s home? I thought Queens were forbidden to ever leave the palace once they come in. Also, she is not wearing royal clothes (I may be wrong) in the pics, but it might be because she’s not in the palace. Someone mentioned that her hair is up, so it must be after she got married and not a flashback BUT I am still skeptical lmao I just don’t want to be disappointed and get my hopes up for nothing :P It seems like Soyong came back for a little bit? Maybe Bonghwan and Soyong’s spirits are residing in the same body now after she regains consciousness...

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

52 minutes ago, Crystal Kim said:

I have so many questions!

How would they be back at the Queen’s home? I thought Queens were forbidden to ever leave the palace once they come in. Also, she is not wearing royal clothes (I may be wrong) in the pics, but it might be because she’s not in the palace. Someone mentioned that her hair is up, so it must be after she got married and not a flashback BUT I am still skeptical lmao I just don’t want to be disappointed and get my hopes up for nothing :P It seems like Soyong came back for a little bit? Maybe Bonghwan and Soyong’s spirits are residing in the same body now after she regains consciousness...

It seems the palace made an exception for our queen because she fell into a coma. Cheoljong probably thought if there was a chance for her to recover it would be somewhere she felt safe (her home), not at the palace where everyone tried to depose/kill her.

But from the stills it doesn’t look like she’s completely Bong Hwan. Her posture is very feminine and and the look in her eyes seems softer. 

Also, can we appreciate how insanely handsome Cheoljong looks in that purple hanbok? My heart literally skipped a beat.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

If writers go the BL route, I won't mind tbh. I think it will be a bold move and will admire them for it. However, looking at the rate things are going, I don't think it'll go that way because the King and JBH are in totally different perspectives. The King does not know that the Queen is a man on the inside so falling in love with her is a possibility, but JBH is very much aware that the king is a man. He is/was a Casanova and will make no sense for me if he simply accepts the fact that he is a woman -- just because? This is just me though. 

I love that this drama doesn't just give us comic relief but makes us think about a lot of possibilities and theories. I am honestly preparing myself for something tragic but still hopeful that they are able to pull this through with a satisfying ending.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

I don't know guys, but she looks definitely Sobong in my eyes. Rather than look soft and calm, her smile smirks to one side and her posture isn't upright. 

50786547531_6eef86910d_c.jpg

If it was Soyong, I would imagine she would stand up straight and her head bowed a little bit without tilting to one side and her smile would softer, instead of looks like a grin. She was educated to be polite and humble since she was born. But in the still cuts, rather than humble, she looks sassier .

50786571076_eff06b6e14_c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 4

1 hour ago, Kaizen68 said:

I don't know guys, but she looks definitely Sobong in my eyes. Rather than look soft and calm, her smile smirks to one side and her posture isn't upright. 

If it was Soyong, I would imagine she would stand up straight and her head bowed a little bit without tilting to one side and her smile would softer, instead of looks like a grin. She was educated to be polite and humble since she was born. But in the still cuts, rather than humble, she looks sassier .

Me too.. I saw that's the chef, not the real queen... The real queen was soft but I didn't got that vibe from that spoiler picture...

1 hour ago, sodandee said:

If writers go the BL route, I won't mind tbh. I think it will be a bold move and will admire them for it. However, looking at the rate things are going, I don't think it'll go that way because the King and JBH are in totally different perspectives. The King does not know that the Queen is a man on the inside so falling in love with her is a possibility, but JBH is very much aware that the king is a man. He is/was a Casanova and will make no sense for me if he simply accepts the fact that he is a woman -- just because? This is just me though. 

I love that this drama doesn't just give us comic relief but makes us think about a lot of possibilities and theories. I am honestly preparing myself for something tragic but still hopeful that they are able to pull this through with a satisfying ending.

Dunno why, in webdrama and novel version, I didn't mind about BL storyline only for one condition : with the queen figure and the king, even though the male voice still came... Tbh I open for that kind of stories, how the chef will learn to accept his/her responsibility as a Queen, as mother of a Nation...

Just my own opinion though...

I'm watching episode 1 till 6 on tvN now with my mother language substitle, my mom is also with me, but she keep asking me, she still can't understand how the chef soul become the queen... Hahahahahahahaha....

Oh my gosh. Waiting for tomorrow, still need 24 hours more to episode 7...

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

These stills definitely look interesting. I also think that it's our Bong Hwan in Queen's body. Maybe he accepted the fact that he can't go back (cause it's dangerous for him in the future or something else happened). My guess is that real So Yong wouldn't smile at the King. She would be cold towards him. Perhaps Bong Hwan has new plan haha Anyway, Happy New Year guys! 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Such exciting pictures! Thank you everyone for sharing and HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

I agree with you all that it is So Bong right there hihi ;) but it could be that his soul has merged with So Yong's, so he might have a soft spot for the king.

OR, it is only So Bong, but he is accepting So Yong's body/physical reactions to the king. If I remember it well, there were about two scenes that actually showed us he could feel So Yong's feelings: (1) at the wedding when his breath got cut for a short moment, looked at the king, and got a bit mesmerized by the king's look ;) , and (2) when he had a second heart attack (aka heartbreak) when the memory that the king did not like So Yong back flashed and his assistants thought he was being poisoned LOL. 

But again, so glad that the writers are actually teasing us with romance *w* this means that it's not something impossible for our couple... Or they're just trolling us hard xD but I don't care at this point, their mere interactions will satisfy my eyes let alone a potential love story *w* 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

It looks like a flash back...The Queen would never wear her hair that way...married woman must wear Binyeo so this is So Yong before she entered the palace. Look at Hong Yeon, she too is wearing a different Han bok...palace maids have uniforms. I need Bong Hwan to slowly also realize that So Yeon was a real person. So far, he has done whatever but his actions have consequences for the real So Yeon...we don't if she is dead yet or Bong Hwan's reincarnation. I know its a 20 episode drama so there's no rush. But Bong Hwan needs to realize that a pitiful young girl was the master of this body and he needs to learn to be considerate to her.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Unlike others, I think this scene is to trick us. Probably this is a dream or imagination of the queen (not SY).  

This is my two cent, first, her hanbok doesn't on par with someone came from a wealthy family. 

Second, her hair is up, meant at this point she's married. This can't be a flashback as if it is, then her hair should be down and braided, if not, it doesn't make any sense.

Third, I think mr queen have a new development on his feeling for the King. Maybe something changed and he's imagining himself looking at the King as a woman. I personally think if this the case then ep 7 is a bit early, should've let more thing happened before he slowly accept his feminime side. 

Can't wait to tomorrow episode. The King is hella handsome in purple I almost thought it was different actor. 

Edited by G L
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

It looks like a flash back...The Queen would never wear her hair that way...married woman must wear Binyeo so this is So Yong before she entered the palace.

It's more likely an unmarried woman needs to braid and lower down their hair. Also, the article above mentioned it is after the queen regains consciousness.

11 hours ago, Jillia said:

“Mr. Queen” Teases Blossoming Romance Between Kim Jung Hyun And Shin Hye Sun After She Regains Consciousness

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

The hairstyle in the stills indicate that is after she get married.

Spoiler

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

So the scene with the king holding flower is whether:

1)So Yong's soul has back to her body (if there are two different souls)

2)It is still So Bong but for whatever reason she has soften to the king

3)It is a troll because it is just So Bong dream/imagination

*this possibility cracks me up because in her dream/imagination not only he comes to her by wearing such a dashing costume but he also brought her some flowers hahaha

Aww so sweet:wub:

credit to the owner

I like this post.

Sorry Hwa Jin, I don't hate you but the king is quite busy with his queen after they got married:tongue:

credit to the owner

Cuties!

credit to the owner

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1