[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

I agree that Joon Young was aware of Song Ah from the beginning because of how she stood up for herself and did something that other people would think of as taboo (a musician in an orchestra challenging/speaking against the conductor). That was definitely a memorable first encounter for Joon Young, who certainly had already performed with multiple orchestras and people. 

What's also interesting to see is that Joon Young felt protective of Song Ah from the start - letting the book fall on the piano during the orchestra rehearsal, wanting to lend her an umbrella, talking back to the credit card guy, comforting her on her birthday, and more. Although this instinct to protect her may be argued to be something a friend can feel as well, I think that was an emotion that brought Joon Young closer to Song Ah. It was a new feeling for him, I guess. From a bleak world of competitions and obligations, he suddenly had something he wanted to protect. 

I also think that Joon Young liked Song Ah first. It was evident from the way he always smiled around Song Ah and made the first move: hugging her as a friend, inviting her to dinner, and actively seeking her when he could. He was also different because he opened up to Song Ah rather quickly, as opposed to the tight-lipped person he is. However, I also think that he was unfamiliar with the emotion he was feeling, which is why Song Ah was the one that confessed first. 

You see, Joon Young's first encounter with love is something that is on a 'deep' level - without the heart fluttering interactions (his unrequited and long-standing love for Jung Kyung). So when he felt this new emotion with Song Ah, he didn't know what to make of it. He just knew that he wanted to see her, that she makes him happy, and that he missed her. I think that moment was somehow a confirmation of Joon Young's romantic feelings for Song Ah. But since he didn't know what it meant, he didn't confess. 

When he asked for time after Song Ah confessed, I think this wasn't because he didn't have strong feelings for Song Ah. It was because he wanted to make sure that he was ready to be in a relationship with her, and he asked for some time to let go of Jung Kyung. He wanted to give his all to Song Ah and be sure of what he felt, and after that kiss, I'm pretty sure that Joon Young will fight for Song Ah, just like what Director Cha said. He won't be the first one to give up. 

• Like 5
  • Love 13
  • Awesome 1

17 minutes ago, rafeusjanela said:

I agree that Joon Young was aware of Song Ah from the beginning because of how she stood up for herself and did something that other people would think of as taboo (a musician in an orchestra challenging/speaking against the conductor). That was definitely a memorable first encounter for Joon Young, who certainly had already performed with multiple orchestras and people. 

What's also interesting to see is that Joon Young felt protective of Song Ah from the start - letting the book fall on the piano during the orchestra rehearsal, wanting to lend her an umbrella, talking back to the credit card guy, comforting her on her birthday, and more. Although this instinct to protect her may be argued to be something a friend can feel as well, I think that was an emotion that brought Joon Young closer to Song Ah. It was a new feeling for him, I guess. From a bleak world of competitions and obligations, he suddenly had something he wanted to protect. 

I also think that Joon Young liked Song Ah first. It was evident from the way he always smiled around Song Ah and made the first move: hugging her as a friend, inviting her to dinner, and actively seeking her when he could. He was also different because he opened up to Song Ah rather quickly, as opposed to the tight-lipped person he is. However, I also think that he was unfamiliar with the emotion he was feeling, which is why Song Ah was the one that confessed first. 

You see, Joon Young's first encounter with love is something that is on a 'deep' level - without the heart fluttering interactions (his unrequited and long-standing love for Jung Kyung). So when he felt this new emotion with Song Ah, he didn't know what to make of it. He just knew that he wanted to see her, that she makes him happy, and that he missed her. I think that moment was somehow a confirmation of Joon Young's romantic feelings for Song Ah. But since he didn't know what it meant, he didn't confess. 

When he asked for time after Song Ah confessed, I think this wasn't because he didn't have strong feelings for Song Ah. It was because he wanted to make sure that he was ready to be in a relationship with her, and he asked for some time to let go of Jung Kyung. He wanted to give his all to Song Ah and be sure of what he felt, and after that kiss, I'm pretty sure that Joon Young will fight for Song Ah, just like what Director Cha said. He won't be the first one to give up. 

You said it all :fullofhearts:

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

@rafeusjanela  That's such a beautiful interpretation of JY's feelings towards SA.

Because episode 10 was so emotionally intense and agonising, I've come across several posts/comments in Twitter and YT raising questions about the sincerity and depth of JY's feelings towards SA and whether JY has truly moved on from his unrequited love for JK (the curse of the black handkerchief has left a bitter aftertaste for many). Others are upset by what they perceive as SA's lack of self-esteem, growing insecurities and regression in her trust towards JY.

Love is a rhapsody that one has to learn to play in the absence of sheet music, and the heart is the hardest yet most fragile of all instruments. Even though they are both making mistakes, I still strongly believe that their feelings for each other are genuine and will stand the test of time. (What I pray is for the screenwriter and production team to have enough screen time to resolve the open issues satisfactorily.)

Going back to the apartment scene that seemed abruptly cut after SA asked JY to lend her an umbrella, I'm wondering whether there could have been a deleted scene with JY walking SA home or walking her downstairs to flag down a cab. It seems out of character for JY to let SA depart on her own alone at night when it's raining. If there was indeed a certain significance attached to SA's question to JY ("Can you lend me an umbrella?"), it feels undermined when we do not get to see JY's response.

Have the loveliest weekend, Brahms nation! I hope we receive the second BTS (including Eun Bin's birthday surprise at the filming set) on Sunday and fingers crossed for meaningful developments in episodes 11-12 next week.

5f7292589500bd4ff6bccbac-p.png

5f729257c2526209437dd98b-p.png

• Like 5
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, trisail said:

Have we seen these outfits/this photo yet? Seems like it could be from a scene in one of the last few episodes. Like the Kyung Hoo anniversary banquet dinner (is it an anniversary? i'm not remembering the actual context behind the event).

There is a video on YouTube with the cast in these clothes....not sure what its from but KMJ is doing Michael Jackson dance....hilarious and pretty good should check out 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6

JY notices / liking SA...♥️

-He compliment her in front of MS even if SA was not to participate 

-Umbrella scene, JY seeing SA get soaked 

-JY remembered SA name correctly (Kyunghoo dinner) and the 30 sec rest because SA  had a leg cramp! JY smiled adorably.

-JY replaced SA's  half spilled coffee with his coffee

-JY  played Truämerie upom SA's request( even if hes not into playing it anymore)

-JY entrusting SA of his personal life of his beginning as pianist.Hes just too comfy talking to her of most personal story 

-SA's in pact on JY when she asked him Do you like it? To which JY replied:Im too satisfied since everyone liked it SA replied: Not what others think..

-When JY overheard DY / MS talking of not telling SA about them sleeping together.He shed hers from going upstairs so that she will never get hurt

JY played Midnight Sonata/ Happy Birthday to SA.

-JY asked SA if if she wants to be friends with him and then he change it to No, we must be friends and gave her a hug.

-JY went to  SA's birthday celebration with friends

-JY /SA's constant phone calls, dinner dates stroll along the palace are just few things that made JY fall for SA.♥️

The good thing about this  is that both became friends first , get to each other and then bring their friendly relationship to another level

Hopefully, ep 11 will be good/ better  than 10.and that trip will make our otp open up more with one another, made them really more closer as thr preview text says

JY must confirmed / assure SA of what he truly feels! And that he has space  for her.

Will do a back read.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

27 minutes ago, Jillia said:

He is so used to travelling and staying in hotels, so he only travels/moves with his suitcase. But I was also wondering IF we will see a little bit more of him and his personality in his parents' home. I mean he got a room there, right? :D

But it could very well be that it's just as minimalistic as his current apartment which is also from the Kyunghoo Foundation, so another burden actually. I understand he doesn't want to make it look like a home because it would mean he accepts his dependency on the foundation.

@Jillia

It would be really nice if  we could see his back story of his family :) btw is it where JY and SA going? The place whee he grew up? And if so, does his parents live there at  present?

Since JY  is always on the go  hotels / apartelles for him are  just for rest and sleep purposes only. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Its early Saturday morning already but I am missing our Dimples couple!!  I hope episode 11 goes easier on our rampage because episode 10 made us rage:lol: 

And one of my favorite moment is this:

tenor.gif?itemid=18552710

i just love this scene and this kiss! This is the kind of angle I want to see. 

*ahem* PD-nim...don’t cheat us again..

Edit:

@annamchoi @Jillia i would love for SA to see where JY originally lives and his childhood. But my question is: will he be comfortable enough to show his livelihood to SA? He knows his parents give him a hard time financially and one of the reasons he is forced to play is because of them. Thus, will he be able to introduce SA to his home/mother without feeling resentful?

• Like 4
  • Love 4

@Jillia i agree! If he isn’t comfortable enough to introduce his mom to SA, I don’t mind seeing them on a date together, holding hands and smiling. I think JY must come to terms first with his parents before he introduces SA. I also remember JY’s mom telling SJ that JY was home so..i think we can safely say he does visit occasionally and especially more now because of his mom’s health. Who knows what we will see but that handkerchief better not find its way to JY/SA again :lol:

@cherrhys88 Thanks for the clip! :D

@Jillia omo..is this drama their first work? I didn’t know that. In that case, i hope PD-nim remembers that we not only want the “prettier” view but we need the “close-up” too. Only in Kdramas am I interested in seeing a close-up kiss with the motion of lips, eyes, hands and face haha. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Its early Saturday morning already but I am missing our Dimples couple!!  I hope episode 11 goes easier on our rampage because episode 10 made us rage:lol: 

And one of my favorite moment is this:

i just love this scene and this kiss! This is the kind of angle I want to see. 

*ahem* PD-nim...don’t cheat us again..

Edit:

@annamchoi @Jillia i would love for SA to see where JY originally lives and his childhood. But my question is: will he be comfortable enough to show his livelihood to SA? He knows his parents give him a hard time financially and one of the reasons he is forced to play is because of them. Thus, will he be able to introduce SA to his home/mother without feeling resentful?

@vangsweetie637  @Jillia f I eel that SA will  be happy to meet JY's mom.. meeting her in laws would definitely make her part of the family and in Korean culture meeting the family means their relationship will be into another level.

I dont think JY will be forever resentful of his parents why would he work so hard just to support his  family specially his mom who underwent surgery recently.Even if JY doesnt like the idea of Ms Nah giving him 20, 000 dollars as much as he wants to return because doesnt want to be inbeted to Kyunghoo he had no other choice but to used the money for his mom's medical bills.

Be nice to if JY will meet SA's family..specially her dad.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

So i thought of a fun and simple poll to do while we wait for episode 11-12. For poll questions that involve more thinking, i need more days to write the moments but since we are close to the episodes already, let’s do this for fun and discuss:

1. As of now, which character annoys you the most? Choose 1.

1. JK

2. HH

3. MS

4. DY

5. Professor Yoo

6. Professor Lee 

7. JK’s Grandma

8. HN

9. SJ

2. What do we want to see from SA/JY? Choose one.

1. A fight

2. Truthful conversation 

3. More kisses

4. Bed scene!

3. What is your favorite kiss so far? Choose one lol.

1. Confession 

2. Ice cream melt

@Lmangla @partyon please help me put this together. I should have PM you but ended up writing it on here with my thoughts running haha. Thanks!! Oh and you come up with another awesome title too ;)

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2

@Jillia if am not mistaken.. actually DYLB is the second time the director and writer work together.. their first work is TV movie Everything and Nothing at 2019 starred Yoon Chan Young and Park Shi Eun. Both of them also cameos in DYLB. (Yoon Chan Young play as Pianist Seung Ji Min and Park Si Eun play as Jo Soo An the rude violinist)

And about the survey.. i've tried to ask in insta but apparently they don't have proper translator yet(their answer even in Hangul :lol:)..they already make notice for overseas participants, still it's pretty confusing (for me :joy:)..

But an insta user make post about how to fiil out the survey for international fans who want to participate

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

@annamchoi I really want JY/SA to meet each other’s families and I hope the writer takes us to this route. For one, both fathers and mothers are opposite. We barely see JY’s father but got a hint of how he is. We see SA’s father and saw what kind of person he is. We see the unsupportive side of SA’s mom and we see the supportive side of JY’s mom. I think these parallels will fill a void in both JY/SA’s lives. It will be nice for them to know that where they lack, they can also receive. I can say that JY loves his parents despite how he has to support them continuously. Even though he feels indebted, he will do what he has to do when it comes to helping his parents. And it seems he is the only child so this burden makes it harder on him as he has to take care of it alone. I also don’t think he will resent his parents for too long. Once he finds his happiness, he will come to learn that he can support his parents and stay happy about it.

@Jillia lol, if that handkerchief by any means find a way to interrupt our couple again, I will be ready to burn it:

FamousFirmIndianrhinoceros-size_restrict

In regards to the blue ray version, i am usually iffy about creating accounts and I don’t even have twitter. I would love to see the unedited version.  However, i originally thought these kind of versions automatically come out after the drama ends. But reading from what you shared, does this mean the blue ray version will only be released due to popular demand? So if the demand isn’t high enough, we won’t get the unedited version?

:cry:

edit:

@Lmangla omo! It’s already up! thank you chingu for putting the poll up!! And for creating another awesome title!!

:Megathanks:

alright Brahms crew, let us vote and discuss until episode 11-12 comes our way! ;)

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

33 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@vangsweetie637

Yeah, these days DVD/Bluray doesn't get released just like that. I think maybe sometimes but certainly not for every drama which is why knetz usually do a survey to see how high the demand is. Then when the demand is high they do a pre-order and only when the number of actual pre-orders are high enough (also to cover the costs of producing the Director's Cut including extras) the DVD/Bluray gets produced. :D That's how it works these days.

I might ask them whether they would be willing to create a survey form which can be accessed without having any account. But I can't make promises. :)

I see. It makes sense. With how things are these days, it will be hard to cover the expenses without a high demand to support it. Yet, this does make it harder on those who wants the unedited version but isn’t comfortable in making other accounts. I hope the demand is high enough for a blue ray release. This drama is such a good one that I am sure fans will like to see what was taken out. 

aww, don’t worry about it. No need for the extra step :D As this is how things have to work now, it will be better to follow the correct process. I just hope the demand is popular enough for a release.

As for my poll choices:

1. JK: she is the most annoying character for me as of now. From how she treated JY/HH to how she is still treating them alongside SA, i am most annoyed by her. I empathize her childhood but don’t excuse her actions. And most of all, I didn’t like the fact that she twists her feelings to make others feel like they owe her something or she has a right to them. Example, she asked JY to be her pianist by reminding him that it was her who told him to join the Chopin competition in the first place. It was an indirect way of binding him to her. Then, she tells SA that she won’t try anything with her but will only wait for JY as he did with her, trying to emphasize the 15 years friendship between JY and her against SA. She is professional in her musical mentoring, but still sees SA as a threat to her relationship with JY. Her actions simply annoys me. 

:kicks:

2. I usually hate it when my kdrama couples fight. But with this one, I actually want to see a fight. There is definitely trust issues and confiding insecurities here. But both will not tell each other what is going on or how they feel because they want to protect each other...unless something provokes them to speak their feelings out. A fight may actually draw them closer because it will allow them to understand their relationship more. The fight will test their feelings for each other. And they will have to hold onto their love by fighting their flaws and speaking their emotions. If they don’t want to talk about it, they might as well fight about it so they can unleash what they cannot say. Of course, i know these two won’t fight aggressively. So I won’t have to worry about them cussing each other out.

:approves:

3. For now until we get more kisses (i know we will :D )..I choose the Confession kiss!!  Why? Because of the four “I like you” and the close-up angle of the kiss itself. The close proximity of them together, the motion of their lips and savoring of the moment with eyes closed..absolutely addicting that i watch it more times than the ice cream melt. Plus K.Will’s voice was soothing, making the kiss extra sweet! 

6fc15e6a70215fbd7bc4082b3f1d875e4ad445de

See what I mean???? 

:heart2beat:

alright chingus..time for me to say goodnight again! 

see you all later ;)

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

For my poll choices, I chose:

1. Professor Lee – you guys know how much I hate this lady. Unlike JK (who I also despise), Professor Lee has never done anything that's good. This lady keeps on harming innocent students and it seems like there won't be an end to it because no one is stepping up and telling her off. I hope I'll be able to see her downfall one day or SA giving the professor a piece of her mind. 

2. Bed scene!!! :P – I do really want to see JY & SA fight and have a truthful conversation, but honestly speaking, even if I don't wish for it, I know that they'll do it in the future. So... rather than for wishing for things that I know will (or should) happen, I was thinking why not wish for something that may not happen but will be sooooooo awesome if it did! hahahaha :D I mean... we have a hug scene, kiss scene, holding hands scene, walking scene, staring scene and whatnot already.. we just need a bed scene to complete all that!! :D 

3. Ice cream melt – I love how SA pecked JY first before JY decide to make out with SA on the stairs. It's just so sweet you know, and the fact that SA started it first was just the cherry on top! :hooray2:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Hi chingus!

Well, for my poll choices, I've chosen the following: (1) SJ, (2) Truthful Conversation, & (3) Confession.

(1) The reason I chose SJ over JK was because SJ had no right to be acting like that. Yes, Jung Kyung's actions may be annoying and selfish, but at least she was Joon Young's friend for 15 years. But man, SJ is out of bounds. He's always overstepping the line. Joon Young doesn't even acknowledge him as his manager, yet he even has the audacity to talk to JY's mother and even Song Ah. 

(2) As much as I'd love a kiss or two, I think that our main couple should really have a heart-to-heart talk soon, especially since both of them are experiencing a lot due to their present circumstances. They should talk about the competition, Jung Kyung, and their love and confidence in each other. They should be more open with each other (although they have points for having communicated earlier on). 

(3) The confession kiss was beautifully done. I especially love the timing of K. Will's OST. Also, it felt more special to me since it was their first. The ambience of the practice room also made the scene come out wonderfully. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1