[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

@Jillia  Same with that gif! :D  I really envy those who can play musical instruments. I should have taken my piano lessons when I was a kid more seriously. Wouldn't it be a treat for us if they played a piano duet instead of dancing, as someone have suggested, when the ratings of the drama reached 7%? I would love to see that!

@annamchoi I've been seeing a lot review or commentary videos in Youtube made by Korean classical musicians/students. From what I can gather (I don't speak the language) they are mostly postive, which is a big kudos to the entire drama team. Only means they are doing things right. But maybe improve on those angles and close-ups. Hahaha! :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Another review I found on the net :)

https://zapzee.net/2020/10/04/review-do-you-like-brahms-three-reasons-why-we-are-captivated-with-this-drama/

@Jillia  The PD did have a modest expectation for the drama. And it's good to see that it is doing quite well considering what it is up against. Just goes to show sometimes we just need good actors and good writing to make it work, and doesn't always have to rely on big name actors. But the charm of this drama is really inexplainable. :fullofhearts:

• Like 3
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2020 at 4:36 PM, -Love Blossom- said:

I am finding their awkwardness real. They are still shy and I think it goes with their quiet personality. They have just started dating and it's not like they knew each other for along time. 

I agree. Plus, they are Koreans. Although there are more liberal Koreans in both, dramas and real life, the truth is most people there are rather conservative. 

You can feel it from their language, body language and overall behavior. I have Korean friends and I have shared with other Asians, I even kissed one Chinese once (for a long time)... and I can feel how they are conservative in a different way westerns can be conservative and for whole different reasons. 

Even though SA and JY are now dating, I can see how in the first months of their dating time they would still use formal language and be awkward with each other, because they are discovering each other. And also they are both introverts, I really feel this is a very accurate development of their relationship. 

By the end of the drama they might be talking banmal, maybe, but not so suddenly.... 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Sneha said:

@Jillia Thank you! He was always enchanted by her and he finally gets to show it.

I becoming way too attached to this show like HP! I hope we can all do rewatch since I feel like there so much to unpack in each episode!

@Sneha are you me ? LoL ..

This is the first time I feel myself drawn in to a fictional story since HP too..

On another note, I just watched EP . 10 with subs after putting it off endlessly..

I hate how real the depiction of senior professors and their obsession with power , positions and legacy is..

I was caught in pretty much the same situation as Song Ah .. I wanted to learn more and hone my skills but all I did in grad school was paper work and running errands for my professor.. I really want to see her break away from it and realise she deserves better ...

The scene where SA watches JY and JK practice,when watching with the OST .. it felt like SA realised that JY does indeed come with a lot of baggage and she can't help but like him and be with him though she wishes he were free from it..

I'm curious about what happens that HH seeks JK out in the next episode though.. and I'm rooting for more happy moments for our dimples couple

• Like 7
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Jillia said:

Another gorgeous gifset with a beautiful 

The quotes are from the song "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" by Frankie Valli & The 4 Seasons. :D

I love this song and I love the gifs :fullofhearts: JY really can't take his eyes off SA. Plus I love how he smiles shyly to himself like its a secret that only he knows. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Kim Min Jae Shows Warm Support For Park Eun Bin In “Do You Like Brahms?”

a19320d76d45400e9115f92cb44241e3.jpeg?s=

Oct 4, 2020
by S. P

SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?” has shared a new look at the upcoming episode!

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a romance drama about classical musicians who are torn between their dream and the harshness of reality as they pursue their love of music. Kim Min Jae stars as world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young, while Park Eun Bin stars as Chae Song Ah, an aspiring violinist who enters the field later in life than her peers.

Spoilers

Chae Song Ah, who has always worked hard to make up for her late start in the world of music, was once again struck down by reality in the previous episode. After messing up during a practice session, Chae Song Ah was asked if she had any confidence in her own music. She then came across Park Joon Young playing a duet together with his friend Lee Jung Kyung (Park Ji Hyun), marveling at their perfect harmony but also feeling disheartened by the gap between their unimaginable talent and her own hard work.

The upcoming episode will find Chae Song Ah coming to terms with the cold reality she has been trying to avoid acknowledging. The new stills show the couple sitting side by side as Park Joon Young gently extends his hand to rest on top of hers. Chae Song Ah looks up at Park Joon Young with warmth in her eyes as he clasps her hand in comfort. Previously, Park Joon Young made an effort to comfort her by playing the piano for her as well as giving her a CD signed, “To the violinist Chae Song Ah.” His actions in the new stills prove that words aren’t needed as he conveys his heartfelt support through a simple gesture.

morehttps://www.soompi.com/article/1429414wpp/kim-min-jae-shows-warm-support-for-park-eun-bin-in-do-you-like-brahms

• Like 9

@Abirami Ramakrishnan HAHA! First drama after HP... I was in slump couldn't find anything I liked. I am glad I started watching early on and de lurked. 

HP I only started watching when the 7th episode came out because I was afraid to watch it.. HAHA!

The thing about the lady Professors rivalry  is actually very true. I have seen it myself Professors making snide remarks to each other. The academic world is also very competitive and has hidden politics because your students are a direct reflection of you. Unfortunately, that is the case.  Where there are humans there will be some politics...sad truth

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

@larus  Thanks fior sharing the article .

SA feeling the loads again after she came across practicing JY and JK.that lingering inferiority  that pains her heart  constantly ...doubting her confidence in her own music..

Seeing JY and JK playing marverously  .

That one  worrisome question comes to mind all over again .

-Do you have any space for me-

dianneclaudine-20201004-213755-0

Ctto

• Like 4
  • Love 7

Good morning everyone!! :D

@annamchoi hi chingu! Is it morning or evening at your place? :D i really love that question SA asked JY “do you have any space for me?”. First, it actually does force JY to think about his feelings for JK. Has he put her behind or not? And second, it was because of the qn that caused JY to have to think faster before losing SA. That question is also the center of SA’s inferiority with JK and the 15 years friendship. I just want to tell SA that JY has all the space for SA in his heart. 15 years took a lot of his life but JK is already out of the story. I need JK to reassure SA of that. He wasn’t able to answer her when she asked him. I hope he can answer it now, confidently. 

:approves:

• Like 2
  • Love 4

after watching episode 9, why they just talk comfortably in banmal ? Like Joon Young calls her like Song Ah yaaa. Dammit, they are same age writernim :( 

Like they are in love meanwhile i have to hug my pillow because i feel their love is surrounding me. They look alike cute puppies <3

Ah thank you guys for your support. :crymeme:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, rukizie said:

after watching episode 9, why they just talk comfortably in banmal ? Like Joon Young calls her like Song Ah yaaa. Dammit, they are same age writernim :( 

Like they are in love meanwhile i have to hug my pillow because i feel their love is surrounding me. They look alike cute puppies <3

Ah thank you guys for your support. 

First, remember to recover and take care of yourself. We would love to see you around here whenever you are able to stop by and chat ;)

and, i wonder the same thing too about how they speak to each other. You mean, why can’t they just talk informally with each other right? But i think the writer is doing that on purpose. As we can see, they are dating but still awkward and shy around each other which makes it really cute. Almost reminds me of first-time lovers :wub: (i get the impression that JY/SA are each other’s first sweethearts). In the long run, when they date longer and become more comfortable, I expect to see them talking more informally.

and while watching these two love birds and their little heart-fluttering moments, the way these two stare at each other with happiness, this is me in the background:

47f47c092d39a59d750c7d5e2d64f62b.gif

:joy:

• LOL 9

57 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Good morning everyone!! :D

@annamchoi hi chingu! Is it morning or evening at your place? :D i really love that question SA asked JY “do you have any space for me?”. First, it actually does force JY to think about his feelings for JK. Has he put her behind or not? And second, it was because of the qn that caused JY to have to think faster before losing SA. That question is also the center of SA’s inferiority with JK and the 15 years friendship. I just want to tell SA that JY has all the space for SA in his heart. 15 years took a lot of his life but JK is already out of the story. I need JK to reassure SA of that. He wasn’t able to answer her when she asked him. I hope he can answer it now, confidently. 

HELLO THERE! Its 10:40pm here at my side dear ..

JY really needs to sort his feelings out..right away before he loose SA  

He should give her the assurance that JK is now part of the past and that he wants to start anew with her.confirmation is all that needed from JY to SA 

One truthful heartfelt conversation with SA 

That SUITCASE MUST BE PUT AWAY FOR Good.it may take JY for a while but this is the only way if he really wanted to have one happy end with SA.

Sometimes we need to sacrifice in order for us to move forward to a new beginning.

Something/someone to let go and someone new to let in..

JY said he once loved JK but its over now during his convo with HH because he had found someone new.(time change, feelings change) so I wonder what is JK mumbling about JY is waiting?!!

JY made it clear to her (JK) that he liked SA now..

Hope JY will have the guts to let SA know his purest love for her in no time.

Wishing JY and SA   a lifetime of hapiness!

Cant wait for JY and SA saying Sarangheyo!! to each other! ♥️

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

First, remember to recover and take care of yourself. We would love to see you around here whenever you are able to stop by and chat ;)

and, i wonder the same thing too about how they speak to each other. You mean, why can’t they just talk informally with each other right? But i think the writer is doing that on purpose. As we can see, they are dating but still awkward and shy around each other which makes it really cute. Almost reminds me of first-time lovers :wub: (i get the impression that JY/SA are each other’s first sweethearts). In the long run, when they date longer and become more comfortable, I expect to see them talking more informally.

and while watching these two love birds and their little heart-fluttering moments, the way these two stare at each other with happiness, this is me in the background:

Song Ah and Joon Young made me thinking about my existence as a single woman who trying so hard to find a man but since i already sunk into the pit of kdrama hole, i always had a big expectation lol 

Eagerly waiting for tomorrow since Song Ah's insecurities finally showed up. It will make less soapy than their current relationship. Better not have a toast on fire before the butter smothering the bread, writernim :crymeme:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

4 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I feel like "Do You like Brahms?" and the way Song Ah and Joon Young talk so formally is like a modern Jane Austen version where the biggest thing between a married couple is not calling eachother by their given name but simply "Mrs Darcy" and "Mr Darcy" and only when they're alone Elizabeth would call Mr Darcy "Fitzwilliam" or "William". :lol:

I swear... I see Joon Young and Song Ah using oldschool terms should they get married like "yeobo".

How about Joon Young oppa ? Lol. 

I just realized Joon Young smile more widely in episode 9 lol. Forgive me for not watching episode 10 lol. I love his jealousy side when Song Ah talked about Dong Yoon. 

So how about if Joon Young know Dong Yoon liked Song Ah ? Joon Young will take Song Ah abroad with him perhaps lol :shaq:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@annamchoi ah so you will be heading to sleep soon then :D I really want JY to be the first one to tell SA things so that JK and anyone else has no right to rub it in SA’s face. That’s the last thing we need is for SA to feel like she’s last place even in love. Omo. That hurts even when i said it. As long as JY is truthful and assures SA of everything, even the handkerchief hiding in the suitcase can become a very small thing. But if SA finds out that JY moved the handkerchief from the drawer to the suitcase only...there goes another insecurity! And I especially need JY to tell SA about the damn competition that JK now knows about. Usually, this kind of trope will be use to break or strengthen a relationship so i am hoping Dimples stay stronger even if JK found out about the competition first. I don’t want her feeling all obligated again and “special” just because she has known JY for 15 years. I hope she remembers that JY shut down all her questions by playing that simple piano key right before practice began.

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I feel like "Do You like Brahms?" and the way Song Ah and Joon Young talk so formally is like a modern Jane Austen version where the biggest thing between a married couple is not calling eachother by their given name but simply "Mrs Darcy" and "Mr Darcy" and only when they're alone Elizabeth would call Mr Darcy "Fitzwilliam" or "William". :lol:

I swear... I see Joon Young and Song Ah using oldschool terms should they get married like "yeobo".

omo..but wouldn’t that be the sweetest thing though?!! Like..publicly, we get “Mr. JY-shi” and “Ms. Song Ah-shi” but then at night when everyone is asleep, we get the silent “yeobo” and “come here, SA..”..”i am here, JY..” whoa..

40 minutes ago, rukizie said:

Song Ah and Joon Young made me thinking about my existence as a single woman who trying so hard to find a man but since i already sunk into the pit of kdrama hole, i always had a big expectation lol 

Eagerly waiting for tomorrow since Song Ah's insecurities finally showed up. It will make less soapy than their current relationship. Better not have a toast on fire before the butter smothering the bread, writernim 

hahaha every time i ship a kdrama couple..i always feel like a super shameless and very proud third-wheeler :lol: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5