[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

I feel that subconsciously Joon Young loves Song ah more than Jung Kyung.  You could feel it in his actions and they way looked at her. However, Jung Kyung was a bad habit. I feel he is learning how one should be treated in love now through Song ah. I think now Joon young simply wants his friend HH back more that Jung Kyung. He blames her as he should for breaking there friendship. As to the handkerchief I am still confused if it has more meaning. I mean he did forget about it and when offered to wipe the icecream. why would if offer to her if it was precious. I am confused about handkerchief.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Have we seen these outfits/this photo yet? Seems like it could be from a scene in one of the last few episodes. Like the Kyung Hoo anniversary banquet dinner (is it an anniversary? i'm not remembering the actual context behind the event).

EjSqdMHVcAA9l3-?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 5
  • Love 4

29 minutes ago, Sneha said:

I feel that subconsciously Joon Young loves Song ah more than Jung Kyung.  You could feel it in his actions and they way looked at her. However, Jung Kyung was a bad habit. I feel he is learning how one should be treated in love now through Song ah. I think now Joon young simply wants his friend HH back more that Jung Kyung. He blames her as he should for breaking there friendship. As to the handkerchief I am still confused if it has more meaning. I mean he did forget about it and when offered to wipe the icecream. why would if offer to her if it was precious. I am confused about handkerchief.

I agree about JK being more of a habit than love for him.

Another thing that I noticed after the ice cream scene, when Song ah asked JY if there is any space for her in those 15 years between him and JK. JY didn't answer her then, I felt it was more like he was asking himself the same question in that moment. Later when JK came asking him to be her accompanist, he realized and said it to her that he likes SA a lot. JY has always been a man of few words, and I think the question SA asks about her place in JY's life,  he already answered it in a way, because he answered to himself :) 

Though I wish he expresses it more. 

Regarding the handkerchief,  SA must have taken it as what JY had to offer

( not in a negative way), was he really ready to make new moments with her or was he still dwelling in the past even when he was with her. 

Then in the apartment, when she found it in his drawer, it was like all he did was hiding it away. Not that she wanted him to get rid of it, but may be she felt that she might have forced herself into his life when he was not even ready. And he is hiding his painful memories to keep her happy.

The object in both the scenes is common but it carries different meanings I guess..

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

He does need to give her more reassurance that is for sure. Since, the relationship has started we we have seen Joon Young tell everyone proudly they are dating, but we haven't seen him reflect on it alone like we did with Songah. However, I hope the trip in ep 11 is exactly the reassurance Songah needs to let go at least one insecurity of hers.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

they both aren't quite ready for a relationship. However, now that they have started it will be important for them to stay together. I mentioned previously I dont think we are going to get break up. My gut tells me we are in for a fight of some sort which I actually wouldn't mind. Also, whenever they make promise they usually break it... Episode 5 they promise to call each other and Episode 9 to say the important thing first... The first broke quickly...

• Like 7
  • Love 1

@Jillia True that. I really like how Songah talks to herself about her struggles. That makes her more aware of what she wants in her life. JY rarely expresses what he thinks, even to himself, let alone other people. But I have noticed he is really making efforts to get closer to SA. He just needs to realize that only knowing about her, listening to her struggles won't do the job, he needs to share as well. He needs to be vulnerable as well. Then, everything is still new to them. They may struggle but both are mature enough to give some time and space to each other without breaking up. I love how in every episode, if one of them feels down, other one steps up. 

I just love them too much :heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

EVENT : Re-watch Party with the theme Revenge

Chingus, by popular demand we are bringing you a second season of re-watch parties. This time the theme is revenge! Yes, you heard it!

BPcT8.gif

The dramas chosen for this season are:

• Money Flower (2017)
  • Secret (Love) (2013)
  • The Innocent Man (2012)

For more information visit the event thread

re: @Lmangla

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

That is a very interesting article posted by @larus. Thanks! Now, i do wonder when JY started to fall for SA. I always felt he was interested in her from the beginning especially when she spoke up at rehearsal against Professor Yoo. But exactly when did he realize he liked SA? Hmmm..i have to think some more on this.

@annamchoi i think I would understand MS more if she came from the POV that there were no secrets between her and SA. But the fact that she even told SA she should not have liked DY..made me understand that even in the end, MS was still thinking of herself only. 

44 minutes ago, Sneha said:

i agree with this! The way he is physically treating SA is different from the way he is with JK. And he is actually more open with SA in terms of how he feels about her. He doesn’t hide how much he likes her. JY always treasured HH more than JK. This is why he didn’t pursue or even approach JK. He thought of HH first. Unfortunately, HH is the opposite. Shame. 

as for the handkerchief..if it was up to me, I would have returned it already or toss it. There’s nothing between them intimately so he doesn’t need to keep it. The handkerchief will only remind him of bad times. He had it with him all the time whenever he performed because it was a comfort and reminder of who he liked. But now he has SA’s handkerchief so he doesn’t need to keep the other one. The fact that he keeps it can mean he hasn’t let go of the bond between the trio. It is broken but he wants it fixed, even if it’s not in the right pieces. But honestly, i want to tell JY that holding onto a handkerchief isn’t going to fix anything. It will only cause misunderstandings between him and SA. And second, I want to tell him this: either he gives the handkerchief back or toss it..otherwise I will do the honor ;) 

but in relation to JY, a guy I used to talk to many years ago gave me a handkerchief as a gift too. He said I can use it when he isn’t able to be there for me. During the times I talked to him, I kept that handkerchief close until the day I realize he was quite a jerk, then i put it away without even thinking anymore. I didn’t throw it away immediately but I just put it away, too. There was a certain guilt in throwing a gift from someone you like right away. It took me awhile to get over this guy (approximately a few months I say) but years after when i was going to move, i cleaned out my box where i hide all my personal stuff and saw the handkerchief still there with his letter. I then decided at that moment to rip the letter and throw the handkerchief away. The guy treated me wrong and I didn’t like how I was treated. I didn’t need his handkerchief to “be there” for me. It was simply a gift that lost its meaning to me in the end. (Sorry I forgot to put this in spoiler first haha. I am on my phone so can’t highlight it like a computer.)

Just like me, JY will need to accept the fact that he doesn’t need JK’s handkerchief to make everything feel better. He has to decide on his own what to do. As long as he keeps that handkerchief close or hidden, it will eventually still show up and at that moment he will have to realize if he can throw it away or does he intend to keep holding onto it. 

and of course, like i said,  i have no problem throwing it away for him :P (also because he now has SA whom he likes more than JK who treated him wrongly..so it’s best to let JK go entirely sooner or later.) i am glad he is already on his way to doing that because he knows he can’t treat SA wrongly. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

Hi everyone. Been a silent reader and i kinda refresh this page more than 5 times a day. Bcs days after Monday and Tuesday feels so long to pass by. Thanks to you all that I can survive the waiting.. 

Well, if I may to voice my POV on ep 10, is that.. i kinda frustrated to see SA struggling. I know that it is in her blood (aka personality), insecurity is not something that can be healed overnight, it run deep on your subconscious (been there, through that). But, idk, it just makes me frustrate seeing SA on ep 10. It's the scene when she asked that can he go to JY apartment (bcs she remember that JK been there), and when SA said to JY that she wants to know him more, to me it almost sounds like desperation. And what makes me frustrate more, that i feel like somewhere between the remaining episode, that will be 1 scene that apparently that JY still care about JK, and that will hurt SA a lot. (Tho i pray that uri writer-nim will not go down that route).
One scene that for me it looks so realistic, when SA waited for JY outside the building (after the car scene with JK), the look she give when JY calls her name. It's just feel.. SO REAL. It's just like everyone of us, when we had a really bad, tiring, and rough day, and we come to see the face of the one we cherish the most. That.. PEB is amazing to capture that expression.
Anyway, hope u guys don't mind with my POV. This is my first comment anyway and I'm proud to say that I'm joining the Brahmsie ships!

• Like 7
  • Love 5

49 minutes ago, Jillia said:

And I have to admit I'm actually looking forward to a possible fight. To see these two fighting... would be first place in gold since they would openly show their emotions. :lol:

46 minutes ago, Sneha said:

Yes, it would lay everything out in the open for them. I can't believe we are excited for a fight in kdrama. 

haha if these two get into a fight, I will be so happy because finally we will see emotions fly out the window!! Boom! Bang! Bring it on!

And then they will come to a mutual understanding and we will get an even better close up-angle kiss...

*AHEM* PD-nim, don’t cheat us again..

@Melly Trw welcome to the Brahms crew!! Feel free to add comment and have fun with us! ;)

You were not the only one frustrated because of episode 10. That episode hammered SA really hard emotionally. I felt so bad for her. Her insecurities and inferiority definitely went up because of the people around her and the words people keep feeding her. Yet, the love she has for JY is always in her smile and eyes when she sees him in front of her. It’s an expression that we all understand when we are in front of the person we like. SA is a brave person but she is very fragile when it comes to how others put her down. She keeps all her pain from speaking up and allows others to treat her wrongly and use her. She is a kind hearted person and people use this kindness to their advantage. It is sad to see. It’s no wonder JY fell for SA. She is such a warm person. She is like a light. But even so, this light does flicker when it feels like it will go out. In episode 10 and even prior episodes, we see that SA just will not speak up even if she doesn’t agree. She holds it in thinking of how others will receive her. I do notice though she is able to speak up with people she trust and am comfortable with. She needs to bring this even to the people outside of her social comfort. Otherwise, i will have to keep seeing her be stepped on..and my defense mechanisms will kick in against all the annoying peeps around SA:

tenor.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, annamchoi said:

@vangsweetie637

-edit

Someone posted several pages back ..sorry cant remember the name.

Asking if JY will catch a glimpse of SA in the window seeing him and JK  during practice session.

*my stand

-JY might run after SA upon seeing her

-JY might ask SA   re his text..  SA after their rehersal since they are in the same vicinity( both will go home together) think he texted her but unfortunately SA wasnt able to read it.

OR

SA will go home right away as  she doesnt want to be seen by JY or JK..

Sorry to cut your post @annamchoi

But I really wish JY would just blow her a kiss as he is practising :relaxed:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 2

52 minutes ago, Abirami Ramakrishnan said:

Sorry to cut your post @annamchoi

But I really wish JY would just blow her a kiss as he is practising :relaxed:

yessss!! And JK would be so jealous. And I would be:

giphy.gif

:P

@Jillia if JY has no courage to throw the handkerchief away (honestly, throwing away something like this doesn’t seem to fit JY’s personality), he has to return it. This friendship between them 3 is so broken that i know it won’t be the same without grudges and painful memories. If he returns it, it will mean that he no longer needs to be reminded of past pains. And hopefully JK will get the idea that he really likes SA and there’s no point of her waiting. He never told her to wait like he did for him so he won’t be coming back to her either. 

I like your pinpoint of when JY began to like SA or realize he likes her. It makes a lot of sense and I remember that scene too. It was a heart-fluttering scene too. Honestly, many scenes of these two together makes it hard for me to pinpoint exactly the moment. I feel like any moment could have been the realization part. For me, I can tell he was smitten by SA since the beginning. He remembers her name correctly when everyone incorrectly hears it. He was touched by her courage against Professor Yoo. And when they met for the first bbq outside, this was the moment their bond began.

I think he realized he likes her when he tells her that he thinks of her on his bad days and he gets happy. He admits he misses her. I think a moment like this was an indirect confession. I think perhaps he was too shy to admit he likes her so instead he used those words instead. Afterwards, they became even closer and JY continues to smile even more around SA. He often wants to be around her more. It’s really sweet and cute. Man, it’s no wonder I love these two so much together as well. They are like first-time lovers with all the shyness yet our hearts flutter with their little moments together.

:heart2beat:

and like you, i am also curious about what our other chingus think :D

alright my Brahms crew, goodnight! 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

The moments I thought he liked her are

1. At the beginning 

2. When he saw her in the rain and wanted to give her an umbrella

3. When she explains how she loved when she heard him play Brahms the 1st time when she came in accidentally

The moments he realized his feelings..i agree with @Jillia

When do you think she realized her feelings...her feelings was later..he liked her first i think

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

If I had to choose the one moment when JY started realising that he has feelings for SA, it would be the moment pictured below. The words he spoke and the gentle expression that he wore while gazing intently at her felt like the prelude to a romantic confession.

"I guess I went to the school today

because I actually wanted to smile.

Since being with you makes me smile & feel happy.

I guess it was because I missed you."

0x01599539481703-850.jpg

For Song Ah, I think that moment of realisation came slightly later (even though Song Ah ended up confessing her feelings first). If I had to pinpoint a specific time, I'm guessing it might be just before the "dinner invitation" phone call.

I love that phone call because they are waltzing in the heart fluttering "more than friends but not yet lovers" stage of their relationship. PEB and KMJ portrayed the emotions of Song Ah and Joonyoung so realistically in this scene.

• Like 3
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 1

For me, I feel like the first time JY likes SA and regards her as someone special is during the the scene outside the restaurant, because that was when he came to the realization that SA is different from other girls.

Yes, JY was always interested in SA (I mean.. who in the world remembers a nobody's name without actually interacting with each other? The fact that JY remembered SA's name without SA needing to correct her name showed that he remembered her since the concert.). However, I don't think he actually started liking/become romantically interested SA until that time because it's during this time that SA said something out of his expectations – "I prefer your playing in the room more than the performance" (something along that line).

From this point, it felt like JY became more comfortable with SA. Hence, he was able to greet SA first and ask if SA was (smiling +) messaging DY, ask SA for a "dinner date", play the HBD song for SA, etc. 

Goshh... I can't wait for ep11.. When is Monday again? Still 3 days to go?? :bawling:

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1