[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

Thank you for sharing, @nicoley! Ahhh, I feel sad again. Haha! I'm having the same withdrawal as I did when Hospital Playlist ended, only difference is that Do You Like Brahms doesn't have a second season. :tears: I'm really going to miss them. Aaaaaaaaa. Have to rewatch it soon.

@cherrhys88 Yes, both Haena and Professor Lee apologized to Song Ah.

It seems that for both pairings, Kim Min Jae and Park Ji Hyun are the sadder ones. Min Jae especially. I hope they get to hang out soon. Glad that both pairings (Park Ji Hyun - Kim Sung Cheol & Park Eun Bin - Kim Min Jae) seem close. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Dropping by some Dimple goodies..:wub:

Brb with replies. sorry, Im a bit under the weather .

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGtylF3JJ0j/?igshid=c31pgb6ewyiv

(MinJae is most saddest than the rest..I think he too got attached to his character-Hugs for you uri pianist!♥️)

Mianhe it seems that embbeding isnt

working at this time..will try again later....

I think I will stay low for a while in threads. I feel that I will not  as talkative in other forums like here.(speaking based on experience).

actually before DYLB I have been not active at all..until this thread comes along. 

And thank you for making me as one of top posters here in our humbly abode  

Took me by surprise! Appreciate it!:wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 8

Thanks for sharing the video @nicoley ! It made me tear up again to see them saying their goodbyes .. 

I love how they ended it again with the poster photo shoot behind where it probably began

There seems to be one more private video in SBS ' s DYLB playlist .. wonder what that will be..

@annamchoi take care ! Hope you feel better soon .. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Basically if SBS release one more private video left on their YT playlist, it will be really goodbye for us. At least we got this whole week full of DYLB content, except for Thursday..

Poco a poco everyone, before we all going Da Capo. 

On their last BTS video, Kim Minjae sure having a hard time saying goodbye. Aside from shipping, I'm sure that this is his first drama he receive so many positive feedbacks from International fans. He often mentions that he likes to read comments on social media. So saying goodbye to what makes his day happier in the last 6 months ofc a lil bit hard. He looked down most of the time in BTS video, as he surpressed his sad feeling. His eyes tells it all. While Eunbin, she's totally a pro here. But also like at the BTS of episode 14 breakup scene, she said that if Minjae being sad, she as a partner has to cheer up to balance out. 

DYLB really hits me at "how much we will love, is not something that we can decide at the beginning." 

I'm just walking into watching DYLB aimlessly after reading 1st episode recap on dramabeans, and here i am, 4 days after the Finale airs, still getting high fever. 

• Like 5
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 1

Wait..Professor Lee apologized to SA too?
Did I miss that? I don’t recall.

I remember she told Professor Song she fired SA even though Professor Song knew SA quit because of how Professor Lee is as a person.

:rubchin:

@ponderings aww thanks! I am glad my gifs made you chuckle! JK really did annoy me before Professor Duster came along haha. 

@annamchoi aww get better soon! We won’t need to do any more butt kicking so you can rest more now :P

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Have listening to all the DYLB OSTs with subs, the lyrics are so beautiful and full of meaning. Still cannot tear myself away from the drama, a strike a deep chord in my heart. Wish i can meet someone who can love me as much as JY loves SA, but all that only happen in reel life....so dream on :joy:

Really wish to see this pairing again on another project.

Wish someone could sub the latest BTS, even though JY looks a bit down in it and not his usual bubbly self.

2 minutes ago, AjummaF4 said:

Have been listening to all the DYLB OSTs with subs, the lyrics are so beautiful and full of meaning. Still cannot tear myself away from the drama, it strike a deep chord in my heart. Wish I can meet someone who can love me as much as JY loves SA, but all that only happen in reel life....so dream on :joy:

Really wish to see this pairing again on another project.

Wish someone could sub the latest BTS, even though JY looks a bit down in it and not his usual bubbly self.

correcting some missing words

• Like 11

I'm having a very hard time moving on from this drama, as it served as an 'escape' and comforted me during these trying times. I miss life and interacting with people, so I'm grateful for this drama and this thread as well. I never expected I'd love DYLB this much, but as mentioned in the drama, we really don't know how much we will fall in love with something when we start it. One comforting thought I had today is that we'll get to the point where we won't be sad anymore that this drama has ended, where we'll be filled with satisfaction and gratitude for the journey it has taken us on. Until then, I'll slowly be saying goodbye, just like what Song Ah did to her violin. Maybe I'll forget to check this forum someday. This drama has left me with so many lessons, especially with respect to music. I do hope that someday, like Joon Young, I'll be able to genuinely touch someone's heart with my music. Thank you for interacting with me in this forum! This certainly won't be my last post here, but it is part of the last posts I'll send in this forum. Take care, everyone! Goodbye, DYLB. Thank you, be well. I hope everyone here becomes free and happy, just like Joon Young and Song Ah. Let us all walk forward and continue loving, no matter what or who it may be. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 10

3 hours ago, cherrhys88 said:

thank you so much @cherrhys88, appreciate it, will look up the ig

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

I'm so glad they got their happy ending. :D I wonder for how long they will keep up their long-distance relationship. :wub:

Source: DCGall, credit as labeled

she'll surely join him soon on his travels or maybe already doing so :hooray2::D

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 9

Dear friends, like many of you I definitely couldn't have imagined how much i'd fall in love with DYLB as I kinda stumbled upon it. @nicoley I too joined soompi for years but this is also the first time I've wanted, no needed to share all the feelings the drama evoked in me. I was reflecting on why this drama and characters spoke so deeply to me and I believe it's cause I'm at the same stage in life (29 as well) where I'm evaluating what I've accomplished so far both personally and professionally. I've encountered a few roadblocks (skeptical parent included) trying to land my dream job and due to my late start, I relate to SA's insecurities acutely. I felt comforted and validated by SA's choice to pursue something she was passionate about against all odds regardless of the eventual outcome. Agree with @rafeusjanela that DYLB emphasised what SA went through was not for naught and should there ever come a time for me to make such a decision, I hope to face it with courage, without regrets, just the knowledge that I've gave it my best shot. DYLB will hold a special place in my heart. 

@ponderings haha yes I love Young In's little 'be gone. i don't wanna see your face anymore' push. must have forgotten everything else except the kisses :lol:. @cherrhys88 @annamchoi thanks for the subbed clip and get well soon.  

Lastly, thank you chingus :wub: @Jillia@vangsweetie637@Sky8lue @Ameera Ali@ferily@minsunie@Abirami Ramakrishnan@Y.Q.@celebrianna and everyone else for making this such a wonderful and unforgettable experience. I'm blessed to be able to meet you all virtually in this amazing community. Take care and I hope to greet you all in another thread soon. I won't disappear immediately as I still need to slowly let this go. Also please tag me for any rewatch party or if any of you decides to write some scenes about our dimple couple.

• Like 2
  • Love 11
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

I'm so glad they got their happy ending. :D I wonder for how long they will keep up their long-distance relationship. :wub:

could you teach me how to delete gifs or photos before I respond to what is written above the photos or gifs was actually responding to the statement on long distance relationship and thought the photo won't be included in the respond... oh well need to learn more on this ... erm

Just now, AjummaF4 said:

could you teach me how to delete gifs or photos before I respond to what is written above the photos or gifs was actually responding to the statement on long distance relationship and thought the photo won't be included in the respond... oh well need to learn more on this ... erm

ah it can be deleted if i know where to click on the photos and gif ... erm

• Like 6

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

by DB Staff

dramallama

Do You like Brahms: What a gem of a show! After a few tough episodes, all I wanted was for Song-ah and Joon-young to be happy, and I’m glad we were given a happy ending, despite the heartbreak and pain to get there. The show wasn’t perfect (Jung-kyung being one unfortunate weak spot), but the overall production, solid acting, and thoughtful story outshined the weaker moments. Park Eun-bin and Kim Min-jae were delightful together and so convincing in their roles. They will remain as Song-ah and Joon-young in my mind for a while… I’m already experiencing withdrawals.

quirkycase

Do You Like Brahms: I was pretty satisfied with the ending, and it was rewarding to see Song-ah and Joon-young free themselves from expectations and just be happy. But I was confused by Song-ah’s choice. There was this strange all or nothing attitude toward playing an instrument like you had to either choose to be a professional musician or give it up entirely. Have these people never heard of hobbies? Song-ah spent the entire drama saying how much she loved the violin, so I felt frustrated during the last episode. I didn’t expect much out of this drama going in, but it turned out to be a lovely surprise. I loved the way music was incorporated throughout the drama to add nuance to our characters and give atmosphere. But is that what university music programs are actually like?! The level of pettiness and unnecessary competition was frightening.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-231/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

@rafeusjanela @debbsthebee

@ponderings @cherrhys88 @annamchoi 

@Jillia@vangsweetie637@Sky8lue @nicoley@Ameera Ali@ferily
@Abirami Ramakrishnan And many more...

Brahms Chingu-deul!!! 

i haven’t been replying even though I’ve been reading this thread multiple times a day... you guys helped me cope through the week while waiting for mon and and tués, comforted my aching heart when we suffered with the leads, kicked butts together at the annoying ppl, and spazzed together at the swoon worthy scenes. What I really appreciates most was how the show and the characters’ struggles really spoke to us and spurred us on to move on/say goodbye/press on and have the courage to keep loving and keep dreaming... 

cant let go and can’t move on!! Loved the last 2 BTS. kim song Chul seems like his character HH so warm and so nice:) it seems like HH and JK had excellent chemistry as well... can the 2 actors reunite in their own drama?

our dimple couple... just love them so much. Can’t put it better than all of you.

thank you for your thoughts and comments! Def rewatching...!

• Like 2
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 1