[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

@Sky8luethanks for sharing the epilogue  .read it a while ago.love it  I wish the ending could have shown dimple couple their lives after their reconciliation I mean Yes they ended up together they could have elaborate it more .just like in the epilogue..

& the other Tweets..thank you!

-KMJ-

Screenshot-20201027-234917-Instagram

• Like 5
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1

@Sky8lue loved the epilogue! Thank you! I am still struggling to move on as many of us are. I am never written fanfic, but seriously considering it. I am not good writer so we shall see because I do feel like we were cheated out of many scenes...but like I said we shall see.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

hi guys! i’ve been a silent lurker (i forgot my password to my soompi acc lol) wanna share my experience in buying blu-ray for k-drama, bcs well DYLB blu-ray is something to look forward to for most of you

so the blu-ray (or dvd) i bought was Suspicious Partner. gosh it was my #1 personal fav k-drama (now it’s DYLB). lucky i found someone in soompi forum to bought it together (it was 150 USD, so we split the price) i just want the footages, so i dont have all merchandise and cds. 

the merchandises were great, it has id cards, lots of never before seen bts photos, a notebook, plus the packaging was so pretty so it was worth the hefty price. any of you guys know info about what will be in the DYLB blu-ray? i think an umbrella will be cute, or a handkerchief. 

for the footages, it has lengthy bts. it’s like what sbs catch has released, but longer and more detailed, more like an unedited version of it. so let’s hope to see more interactions between our dimple couple ❤️ also, on SP’s dvd, it has 20ish mins containing raw unedited version of kiss scenes takes, which was breathtaking. i don’t know about other k-drama dvd, but i think 100 Days Prince also has footages dedicated to its kiss scenes as well. so let’s hope it’ll be the same case with DYLB blu-ray, bcs we all agree that “I love you” kiss was amazing. 

Another thing, i bought the SP dvd at the end of July, then the dvd arrived at mid April. perhaps we can expect 8 to 9 months wait for DYLB. after all, 2020 has gone by faster than we thought, right?

Before the blu-ray is in our hands, let’s just pray for our couple to attend this year’s SBS Drama Awards. maybe present an award together, or receive an award (best couple ❤️ or acting related award bcs they deserve it) might be a stretch, but i lowkey hoping our couple to perform piano and violin too at the awards, instead of having idols perform. it will be daebak to see them perform live. please SBS make my wish come true!

• Like 7
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

@rafeusjanela @debbsthebee I'm really glad you liked  it  :) I haven't written anything but technical documents for a few years now and was apprehensive about writing it .. your words really mean a lot to me!

@annamchoi Looks like Kim Min Jae is going to be in great demand both in the dating and acting circles now !

:hwaiting2:

Really glad to see him, Eun Bin and the team get a lot of the recognition they so rightly deserve ..

Manifesting best couple award for them ( mostly because we'll get more BinJae crumbs)

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

@Abirami Ramakrishnan Hi sweetie! MINJAE will be a guru on dating lesson 101!

and yes he deserve to be recognize as one of  K young actors around  who knows how to act  and not  just a pretty face.

Hopeful, BinJae will be awarded as best couple in the upcoming year end  sbs  awards .

@monichiwa welcome here.:) glad you decided to join us..

As for the physical features of DYLB blu ray actually no idea as of now  .but what I know is after Nov 8 the last day of pre order..manufacturing will start and it will take 6 months before buyers can get their copies.as I much as I like  to see extra stuffs that we didnt get to see on the drama itself I have to pass on purchasing because price is too hefty for me.but if ever a DVD will come out..I might grab a copy .I did bought the ost and dialogue book..just waiting for both stuffs to be ship.

@Jillia thanks for the GIFs ! SA hanky only belongs to  JY's heart.:fullofhearts:

BTS hug..♥️

earnysab-20201028-114626-0

Some Dimple couple goodie

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Papago translation of https://m.nocutnews.co.kr/news/5437089#_enliple set out below:

Why Park Eun-bin and Kim Min-jae Like Brahms
"SBS' Monday-Tuesday drama "Do You Like Brahms," which was well-received for delicately portraying the story of a 29-year-old youth who eventually finds his way in front of dreams and love. The title borrowed from the novel of the same name by Francois Sagan drew attention even before the official broadcast, and music took up a large portion of the work because it was a story of music students majoring in classical music.
I met Chae Song-ah as Park Eun-bin on the 20th and Park Joon-young as Kim Min-jae on the 21st, the day after the drama ended. Chae Song-ah, who eventually became a violin major after graduating from a prestigious university and failed to give up her "love for Violin for a long time," and Park Joon-young, a world-renowned pianist who goes on overseas tours after winning "second place without first place" at the Chopin Competition, asked them again. "Do you like Brahms?"
Park Eun-bin said she didn't know much about Brahms until she joined 'Do You Like Brahms. "I didn't know any other song than one that was really famous like 'Hungarian Dance.'" In Brahms' "Sunaebo," widely known for his devoted love for fellow musician Schumann's wife Clara, Park revealed that she had a longing heart.
"The fact that Brahms never got married and could live in a crush on Clara for the rest of his life is a very pure love. I was inspired as a composer, so I left a great song, but I was able to keep my pure passion. As a person, he's like my favorite ideal type. I felt that I was a person who could devote my whole life to something and love it with my heart. I didn't live in the same era as Brahms, so even though I don't know all the details, I think Brahms was a pure lover. When I try to think about whether I can continue to like something with such a pure desire, I think that Brahms is admirable or admirable."
Park Joon-young, played by Kim Min-jae, was the character who said, "No, I don't like Brahms." Would he have overlapped with the lonely Brahms between Schumann and Clara? In the play, Brahms did not play any of his songs. But Park eventually plays Brahms for her beloved Chae Song-ah. Kim Min-jae also said in a previous interview that he was asked "Do you like Brahms?" and that he replied, "I love you."
(Jun Young) I didn't like it, Brahms. After a long time, I fell in love with it. Like that, I was in this work, so I was comforted, encouraged, and confident. Through this work, I got so many things from people like me. I've come to love my work more."
Park Eun-bin and Kim Min-jae, who played violin major and world-class pianist, respectively, were impressed by their own performance in the drama. Which song was the most memorable for the two? Park Eun-bin listened to Bach's "Chaconne," while Kim Min-jae listened to Schumann's "Traumerei."
First of all, Park Eun-bin said, "The writer selected an important song according to the content, but I learned about 10 songs because I heard that I can practice the violin as my favorite song, but only a part of it went out on the show."
"It was certainly Bach's 'Chaconne' that went out (on the air), but I thought Bach's 'Chaconne' would go well with the scene where she played alone in despair because of his talent." As you will know when you listen to it again, it was somewhat tragic and sad, but it was it was beautiful. So I chose the song and practised it, and by chance, in the scene of the Jungkyung's recital, they chose Bach's "Chaconne." What is it? Did you choose this song to prepare for it said. I didn't ask, but I was amazed to see it again in the drama.
"I don't think I can forget it," Kim said, citing the song he practiced the most. I think I can play with my eyes closed. Another song that comes to mind is "Moonlight Sonata"+"Happy Birthday Song." In the third episode, Jun-young played a song for Song-ah who hurt her heart. It's also a song that I've practiced so much. "When will I play with the orchestra?" He also did not miss
Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2. The song that I listen to the most these days is Schumann's 'Dedication.' It's because the melody is good. "I actually like all of Junyoung's piano songs.""

20201028105029319518_0_800_1586.jpg

Regarding the above article, it's interesting that Park Eun Bin chose Bach's Chaconne as being her most memorable piece (it was ultimately used in Jungkyung's scene and kudos to Park Ji Hyun for nailing the performance of that difficult piece with such emotional impact). I hope PEB will post an IG clip of her rehearsing Chaconne one of these days too.

p.s.

I've also made an amendment to one paragraph in the epilogue regarding the Brahms' piece performed by JY in the epilogue. Many thanks to @rozelan for proposing such beautiful piano concertos.

https://www.wattpad.com/972718389-do-you-like-brahms-epilogue-encore-epilogue-encore

https://twitter.com/azuresky2020/status/1321391259307577350?s=20

• Like 2
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 2

Oh my, DYLB would've been much better with 18 episodes! Kind of explains why some scenes felt a bit short/cut. But honestly, as a rookie writer's work, I feel satisfied and grateful for the 16 episodes we had with Joon Young and Song Ah. But still, the possibilities.... 

• Like 7

I agree, @Jillia. The pacing in the first half of the drama was really good, so I think the latter half (especially episodes 12 to 14) would've been better if they added 2 more episodes. I think it was really tough on the writer's and director's part to cut some scenes, since most of them tie in with the earlier episodes. Maybe we could've gotten more parallels? But yes, I'm satisfied with the ending as well. 

@cherrhys88 I think it'll be included. Especially since it would be a waste of footage to simply delete them. Unfortunately, the blu-ray is indeed expensive for me. I hope we get to see its content someday (despite not being able to purchase it), but now I'm just hoping that a lot of people pre-order it because DYLB really deserves some love. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

WHAT??!!! 18 EPISODES??? DAng!

Im too happy with the 16 we had.but the possibilities of having an epilogue and all..what happened?*sigh*

We could have more scenes!( more giddy moments between otp). Like JY meeting SA fam formally. specially the dad.

MS and SA convo before she goes to the US.exchange of rings to a formal marriage proporsal.

The annoying professors! And SJ after being thrown out by Chris..

The possibilities are endless!

Happy Jennifer Lopez GIF by NBC World Of Dance

@Jillia as always thanks for the GIFs! Love it

@cherrhys88 those 18 episodes scripts!

Our what and could have scenes of our dimple couple..17 and 18 surely will make a lot of difference if it was included.If DVD will also be in the making..Ill grab a copy for sure.and true! The blu ray is a bit pricey

@Sky8luethanks for the article..PEB and KMJ having their own favorites  music pieces 

DYLB BLU RAY details .

brahms-bd-20201028-211634-0 brahms-bd-20201028-180236-0

• Like 2
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 3

OMG the drama ended last week and I have been away from forums a good 2 weeks. Feels like forever as I was busy before break and then got busy with work. But back to say farewell to this drama and got comforted seeing goodies and articles and stuff.

Thanks all for the lovely journey.

Thanks to those posting articles, insights and other stuff. Sorry if I missed you.

@Jillia @annamchoi @larus @cherrhys88 @monichiwa  @Sky8lue

See you around in another drama.

• Like 5
  • Love 4

It's true, it'll be so different with the deleted scenes, @cherrhys88. Thank you for sharing, @annamchoi. 4 disks are A LOT for deleted scenes. Maybe we'll see more JoonSong moments, including the hug scene that we didn't see. I'm so curious how they'll re-edit the episodes - they already are so nice! Ahhh, if only I had enough spare money to buy it. :tears:

• Like 6
  • Love 2