[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

It's Sunday again but I don't look forward the first Monday without DYLB...Think SBS Catch will probably drop the final BTS tomorrow. Wonder if it will be some bonus scenes from ep16 or even earlier episodes?

My wish list:

1) JY's graduation recital - Widmung performance

2) Graduation scene - SA, JY, MS etc posing for photographs in graduation gowns

3) JY's and SA's couple photoshoot - that endearing series of black-and-white photos they took just to insert one photo into SA's violin case

• Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Jillia said:

And they lived happily ever after... :wub:

Source: DCGall, credit as labeled

:)

Am wondering, is Tale of the Nine Tailed and Startight -up a good watch? Could someone give an insight into these two series.

DYLB will always be my all time favorite, adding it to a list of other K-drama that I re-watch over and over again thru the years. :glasses: :heart:

9 minutes ago, AjummaF4 said:

Am wondering, is Tale of the Nine Tailed and Start-up a good watch? Could someone give an insight into these two series.

DYLB will always be my all time favorite, adding it to a list of other K-drama that I re-watch over and over again thru the years. :glasses: :heart:

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@AjummaF4

I'm not watching Start-Up but I'm watching Tale of the Nine-tailed Fox. I enjoy it but not sure if I can recommend it. Its writing is a bit more flawed but the folk tale elements are interesting. :D

@Sky8lue

Oh what a interesting idea! :DWhat would I want from another episode?

1) more scenes in Daejeon because I want Joon Young to talk about his childhood.

2) Joon Young meeting Song Ah's family properly. I would also love to see him meeting her father. 

3) MORE dates!

4) Song Ah and Joon Young playing together - in a way I agree with Dramabeans: Song Ah could've played the violin as a hobby.

And many more. :D

Thanks @Jillia on the feedback, may be I forgo tales on nine tailed and start on start-up intersperse with re-watching DYLB.

Just re-watch  the 1st episode and notice a lot of parallelism in there too, so the parallelism started early on. Can't seem to drag myself away from the story. 

L

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

@Jillia Oh, I actually meant the BTS of those scenes. Because the final unreleased video is under SBS Catch's playlist, and knowing that they will save the "deleted scenes" for the bluray, doubt we'll be lucky enough to get the additional/bonus scenes of the drama itself.

But I LOVE your idea of additional scenes that should have included in the drama. p.s. this twitter thread quoted below has a collection of some of those deleted scenes we need to see!

Some think the wedding ring shopping scene could have been HH rather than JY based on the back-profile and long-sleeved white shirt (not rolled up per JY's usual style) @cherrhys88 Sorry, I can't rem if you were you the one who reposted the photos here. Do you know?

A new interview with Ryu Bori, screenwriter of DYLB (Papago auto-translation reproduced below - please forgive the inaccuracies):

'Brahms' author, "If you've done your best like Chae Song-ah, I believe that's worth it."

'Do you like Brahms?' The writer said about the message she was trying to convey through the drama.

"Do You Like Brahms?" depicts the growing pains of 29-year-olds in diverse and realistic ways. People who seem to be in a position of no shame were experiencing their own growth pains, while those who belatedly jumped into their dreams were suffering their own growth pains.

But through this process, each path was different, but grew up in his own way. Do you like Brahms?In the final episode of ", both Park Joon-young (played by Kim Min-jae) and Chae Song-ah (played by Park Eun-bin) were able to have a happy ending.

In a written interview with HeraldPOP recently, writer Ryu Bo-ri said of youth in the drama, "The main characters of the drama are not characters running at full speed, jumping obstacles toward distinct goals. Young people who pause on the boundaries of school and society and take time to find a way forward," she explained.

This could be the most wandering time between dreams and reality. However, even if I give up my dream in the face of reality, I think I will have less regrets if I did my best until then. Wouldn't I know by myself that I did my best here, not by any quantitative indicator or by others?"

Regarding the message he wanted to convey through the drama, he said, "Some people find their way fast and run fast, and some people do well from the beginning, but I hope they don't hurt themselves thinking that I'm behind others just because I don't. If I did my best to love and try my best without regret, I believe that it is a valuable time and will surely be a nourishment for the future in any form. The future is about the accumulation of time in the past, he added.

From Park Joon-young and Chae Song-ah to Han Hyun-ho (Kim Sung-chul) and Lee Jung-kyung (Park Ji-hyun), they grew up and sought their own happiness. She continued to write about their growth history by asking, "Am I happy?"

When the word "happiness" came out, writer Ryu explained, "I once talked to the director that if there was a subtitle in this drama, it would be "Finding Happiness." "I think 'the way to find happiness' is to cherish and cherish myself as I live my life to the best of my ability to regret every moment. We are all imperfect and lacking in our own ways, but no one else seems to value me unless I value myself. I believe that only when my center is firmly in place can I be happy wherever and whatever I do."

The point at which the drama drew particular attention was that it incorporated the relationship between Brahms, Schumann, and Clara, who were real musicians, into the character. Their story went through the whole drama. Do you like Brahms?As " became the talk of the town, the love story of the three people was also talked about among the public.

Was there any occasion for Ryu to incorporate the stories of Brahms, Schumann and Clara into the drama? In response, he said, "I thought classical music was a good fit because I wanted to write a story about someone who had a crush on someone else for a long time. Classical music is literally something that has been loved for a long time, and I think doing music is interpreting and loving the music written in the sheet music in my own way."

"Then I remembered the stories of Brahms, Schumann and Clara, one of the most famous love stories in the history of Western music. Considering Brahms' love here, his lifelong crush on Clara did not bear fruit, but I wondered if Brahms was a failure or unhappy. I wanted to think that I found something to truly love and that I was happy just because I did my best in that love, so I got to share the story of these three people.

"Do you like Brahms?" which has produced a lot of fans throughout the show. Lastly, Ryu said, "Our main characters who are now past the chapter of their lives will be happy, sometimes hurt, and sad, but they will eventually live their lives solidly. After the 16th episode, I want to leave the future of the characters to the viewers' imagination," he said, asking them to support the future of the characters.

Source: http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202010250949134102936_1 

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 3

@Sky8lue It wasn't me but I did tweet about it. :) And now that you've mentioned it, the back does look a bit more like HH than JY.

Thank you for posting that interview of the writer. I love the overall message she wants to impart through the drama. In this world where we are often told to succeed no matter what, it's good that she emphasizes the journey of finding yourself and being happy no matter the outcome. It is really about being free and happy.

• Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

Watch: Kim Min Jae And Park Eun Bin Film Final Emotional Scenes For “Do You Like Brahms?”

700e13498d584451acc0b62a7d97d29b.jpeg?s=

Oct 25, 2020
by S. P

SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?” revealed a behind-the-scenes look at some of the final scenes of the drama!

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a romance drama about classical musicians who are torn between their dreams and the harshness of reality as they pursue their love of music. Kim Min Jae stars as world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young, while Park Eun Bin stars as Chae Song Ah, an aspiring violinist who enters the field later in life than her peers.

Spoilers

The clip begins as Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin prepare to film a sweet scene where their characters exchange rings. Kim Min Jae narrates his actions as he walks through the scene, saying, “Here, I’ll kneel down.” When he doesn’t actually kneel, Park Eun Bin jokes, “Why aren’t you kneeling?” and sends the staff into a fit of laughter. A member of the staff also gives Park Eun Bin tips on how to react during the scene, telling her to think, “Ah, this guy is the real deal.” The pair begin filming and carry out the heartwarming scene without a hitch.

Next, Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin get ready to film the final scene of the drama. While waiting to film, Kim Min Jae begins tapping his chest, so Park Eun Bin asks with a laugh if he’s itchy. Kim Min Jae explains, “I’m calming my heart.” He then comes closer so Park Eun Bin can feel his heartbeat, but she replies, “It usually beats about this fast!” After telling the cameraman that his heart is beating fast, the cameraman also tries to check, making Kim Min Jae turn away in confusion while Park Eun Bin laughs.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1433635wpp/watch-kim-min-jae-and-park-eun-bin-film-final-emotional-scenes-for-do-you-like-brahms

• Love 4
  • Thanks 6

5 hours ago, Jillia said:

@Sky8lue

kkk I shouldn't read posts when I'm still tired. :D

On the other hand, it gave me so many ideas what I would like to see in additional episodes. :D

Little bonus image I found. Dimple Couple scenes from their respective episode with their respective titles. :wub: Click to enlarge.

Source: DCGall

love

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote Images, thanks!
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Seeing as how I'm now going through KMJ withdrawal I've started watching Flower Crew Joeson Marriage Agency and it's actually pretty cute. I had originally passed it over but as per usual once you come off the high of a drama you go stalk all their previous work lol. Worth the watch so far

• Like 11
  • Love 1

DYLB was a such remarkable kdrama viewing experience for me. I also enjoyed our collective experience of watching and sharing together. Humbly sending you my postcard "Crescendo" as my way to thank you again (x4):) 

giphy.gif

Love the gifs, thank you @Jillia

Thank you @Sky8lue for sharing with us the article with author's thoughts!

Spoiler
16 hours ago, Sky8lue said:

'Brahms' author, "If you've done your best like Chae Song-ah, I believe that's worth it."

Regarding the message he wanted to convey through the drama, he said, "Some people find their way fast and run fast, and some people do well from the beginning, but I hope they don't hurt themselves thinking that I'm behind others just because I don't. If I did my best to love and try my best without regret, I believe that it is a valuable time and will surely be a nourishment for the future in any form. The future is about the accumulation of time in the past, he added.

When the word "happiness" came out, writer Ryu explained, "I once talked to the director that if there was a subtitle in this drama, it would be "Finding Happiness." "I think 'the way to find happiness' is to cherish and cherish myself as I live my life to the best of my ability to regret every moment. We are all imperfect and lacking in our own ways, but no one else seems to value me unless I value myself. I believe that only when my center is firmly in place can I be happy wherever and whatever I do."

@Dana T Try also Second 20s (tvN, 2015), KMJ is like a 2nd lead, plays the son whose mom goes to uni at a much later time. I saw him first I think in Goblin, then Dr. Romantic (can't resist Han Suk Kyu) or other way around. I'll try to find my way back to watching Flower Crew and Hit The Top again, maybe sooner than later.

Spoiler
5 hours ago, Dana T said:

Seeing as how I'm now going through KMJ withdrawal ...

-0-

Deja vu: I love that image of proposal kiss, in a bright room and Namsan tower view that suddenly the film "A Room With A View" popped into my head. The first kiss in the film, shorter than Piano Room kiss but had same explosive feel. :) 

Spoiler

A Room With A View - That Kiss in the Poppy Field (go to 2:40 for the kiss scene)

A 1985 film starring Helena Bonham Carter (Lucy) and Julian Sands (George), based on a novel by author E. M. Forster (also wrote Howards End). The clip begins with two spinster ladies, one is Lucy's chaperone (Maggie Smith) gossiping about a woman they both knew who ran away with her lover. Young Lucy, a bored 18yo walks off, meets the Italian coach driver. With language barrier, the driver thought to direct her to where George is :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 2

This seems to be the final BTS:

It shows world-renowned pianist Son Yeol Eum playing Widmung (she did the studio recording for Widmung at JY's graduation recital). Such a powerful and beautiful rendition of Widmung. Kudos to the DYLB production team for delivering such a stunning performance of this piece. (Son Yeol Eum won the Silver Medal at the Tchaikovsky Competition in 2011.)

I wish they also showed us some BTS of the graduation recital itself to demonstrate how the cast and crew pulled off this feat. But that's being greedy. They've already given us so many BTS clips, promotional clips and even special video compilations. It's time to say goodbye even though the heart doesn't want to let go yet.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

Looking forward to the next project of PEB and KMJ respectively, also this Writer and Director of DYLB.. 

But, idk, usually if I fell for a character, it's hard to watch them act as another character.. (example: i freakin' love PBG as Choi Taek, uri Taekkie, but that's it. I cannot stand watch him act as another character on his another drama ; but for PSJ, I almost watch all of his drama). 

I just realized how much Chae Song-Ah amazed me, I don't even remember when did the last time I watch a drama where the FL is quiet, observative, but not being dumb/annoying? That's an awesome work of PEB to portray Song-Ah. I can see how much kindness lies within SA, and I don't see her kindness as something stupid/something like doormat. I truly understand that kindness is within her nature. 

I also hope that PEB and KMJ stays as a close noona-dongsaeng relationship. I can see them sending each other coffee truck at each other project in the future. Not that I don't want their ship to sail, but it's hard to have a hallucination when our girl PEB really knows how to set boundaries lol. 

Our first Monday-Tuesday without Joon Young calling Song Ah-ssi.. 

Cry Crying GIF

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
  • Love 2

AMONGST the  top 5  most romantic scenes between Uri dimple couple for me personally ( hope  I dont get anyone offended)

***I really love the 30 second cramp leg scene. At that moment I feel that JY was already smiiten by  SA then.. and the smile from JY....is heaven  

Reposting the video  

KMJ interview.(sub)..thanking his fans and  who supported love and watched DYLB ..

He is not letting Go yet  

-He is one of the nicest actor around  and Im glad  I sticked 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGzopaGJfHt/?igshid=15ebjk07b08hh

@rozelanwelcome dear.happy to  share .

Its okay to fall in love over over again.its a wonderful feeling.specially with the right person,  in our case right people.

Will definitely rewatch the whole series it again..

@Jillia thanks for the GIFs! May it expectations or reality JY or KMJ looks adorable to me.

@debbsthebee 

Thanks for sharing the video..I have other new series that are lined up for me..but I cant even start watching.

Its hard  to let go when you get too attached and we invested so much feelings.I know because I did invested so much time, feelings on  DYLB.and I have no regrets because this drama made my heart happiest 

And Im glad I got to know and be a part this warm Brahm family.

@Sky8lue thank you for sharing! I LOVE the Widmung scene of JY ..teary eyed while watching .I hope too that we  get to see the bts of the grad recital..

Bravo! KUDOS to the staff and crew of DYLB ..truly a marvelous job on pulling off  a wonderful and stunning performance.

And thank you too for sharing the director's thoughts on SA..and Yes we dont  always be successful in things we desire  and yet we try our hardest in heart and mind to achieve it  but at times its not meant ..but we dont need to regret it becuse at least we tried.

@Melly Trw I m one with you that I too will support PEB and KMJ in their individual projects. .but there will be one JY and SA  for me  whom I will love and cherish for the rest of my K drama life.

It will be hard for me to ship them in their future patners..sorry to be blunt but its the truth

@ponderings @nicoley embraced for 12 years and I have no regrets! It helped me cope at my saddest and worst time. Met good people along the way whom some had become my truest  friends outside the kpop world and social media.I thank God for friends like them

@vangsweetie637 Ill missed kicking butts with you ! ILL see you around

@cherrhys88  @vangsweetie637 @Abirami Ramakrishnan @debbsthebee thanks for your warm wishes when I was  not feeling ok several days ago.love you gals!

@Ameera Alias always thanks for your.GIFs and clips! ILL surely miss all of these!

@Jillia those exchange of rings /proporsal scene is definitely one of my favorite   .lovely to see them to live happily ever admist the  stotm that had come along .Fate and Love bought these two back together agan.

Confession Kiss ftom JY will always and forever the sweetest amd purest..

The hanky gift from JY..

do-you-like-kdrama-20201026-222855-0

• Like 3
  • Love 13