[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

Hey, Guys 

I just wanted to thank everyone this beautiful thread to getting me through the beautiful, angsty, and fluffy experience of watching this show. It was wonderful to hear everyone's insights and analysis about the show. I am so glad to have delurked sooner usually I do it when the drama is ending and then its no fun. I noticed in the past few days my heart aches at different times thinking about the story and the chemistry between the Mls. I am guessing I am going through a withdrawal. Sigh nothing really to look forward to.

Genuine question is anyone planning on buying the blue-ray?

Shoutout to @Sky8lue your analysis and beautiful threads on twitter about the scenes was insightful made the drama so special for me. 

Shoutout @Jillia Thank you for all your gifs.

@Ameera Ali for making me laugh

Also to the people I interacted the most with @Jillia  @Abirami Ramakrishnan @Dana T @Sky8lue @rozelan @rafeusjanela sorry if I am forgetting anyone but thank you for being on this journey with me. I will still be on here not moving anytime soon.

• Like 3
  • Love 9
  • Thanks 2

@annamchoi yes it certainly is.

I am asking because if someone does could let usknow what the deleted scenes are? i know its too much to ask but i was wondering if should pitch in... i dont know yeah its too expensive

• Like 6
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

she can’t stand like a dead fish when he so sexy like this :mrgreen:

IKR!!! His impromptu playfulness is awesome. Waiting till she turned around to open collar back up lol. Did you see part where they held hands up palms together...seems like our couple likes to touch and kiss for real. I'm still baffled by him holding her head and not breaking apart after "cut" and look at both their faces after

Edited by Jillia
Please reply outside the quote, thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Sneha said:

Hey, Guys 

I just wanted to thank everyone this beautiful thread to getting me through the beautiful, angsty, and fluffy experience of watching this show. It was wonderful to hear everyone's insights and analysis about the show. I am so glad to have delurked sooner usually I do it when the drama is ending and then its no fun. I noticed in the past few days my heart aches at different times thinking about the story and the chemistry between the Mls. I am guessing I am going through a withdrawal. Sigh nothing really to look forward to.

Genuine question is anyone planning on buying the blue-ray?

Shoutout to @Sky8lue your analysis and beautiful threads on twitter about the scenes was insightful made the drama so special for me. 

Shoutout @Jillia Thank you for all your gifs.

@Ameera Ali for making me laugh

Also to the people I interacted the most with @Jillia  @Abirami Ramakrishnan @Dana T @Sky8lue @rozelan @rafeusjanela sorry if I am forgetting anyone but thank you for being on this journey with me. I will still be on here not moving anytime soon.

@Sneha I usually buy the PohKim version seems to be best quality and it takes a while to come out 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Dana T said:

IKR!!! His impromptu playfulness is awesome. Waiting till she turned around to open collar back up lol. Did you see part where they held hands up palms together...seems like our couple likes to touch and kiss for real. I'm still baffled by him holding her head and not breaking apart after "cut" and look at both their faces after

I love his playfulness too , did you see how he make his lips after heating kiss :joy:

.. our girl kissing him back alot in the BTS scene:D

nBPGXTQ.gif

KBMglSz.gif

.. oppa thinking all my plump lips gone:D 

LvWNWl5.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Awesome 3
  • Wiggle 1

55 minutes ago, Sneha said:

@Dana T how do we find out about those? Where to look for them?thank you for the info.

I just googled Poh Kim.com. I've bought others off Amazon and Ebay getting a few that had bad subs or bad quality discs...basically just taped off TV. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

@annamchoi omg that parallel scene posted by SBS on Instagram is beautiful! I’m. Not. Crying.  :criesariver:

I watched the BTS when it premiered on YouTube and omg! PEB and KMJ are so adorable! Perfect. Chemistry!

I love the part where PEB has her eyes closed and is sleepy with KMJ watching her. Then PEB loses her balance because she almost fell asleep and KMJ was startled! I love how he immediately tried to grab her :fullofhearts:

Another part that was cute when KMJ was messing around with PEB and said “1, 2, 3” and PEB started to do her greeting and bowed, but KMJ just stood still :joy: KMJ is such a joker

@Sneha I really want to get it but it’s just such a hefty price.. I might consider it when the Blu-ray comes to kpop stores here in America...

• Like 6
  • Love 7

6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I love his playfulness too , did you see how he make his lips after heating kiss :joy:

.. our girl kissing him back alot in the BTS scene:D

.. oppa thinking all my plump lips gone:D 

Their instinct is to hold hands after the every kiss..:elated:

• Like 2
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

I am back my Brahms crew! So sorry. I keep getting under the weather! I forgot most of my thoughts already. But I have to say I truly enjoyed the ending. It was actually better than I thought. And most of our predictions were right on except the moonlight sonata dedication haha. 

I think what made me really love this drama is how realistically we all got involved in the characters. I seriously never kicked so many butts every Mon and Tues haha. Dimple couple were really sweet and cute that my heart flutter at them. Their kiss scenes were so sweet. So glad we had kisses and hugs! 

Watching these two introverts grow to love each other was the most special part of this drama. 

I actually wondered why HN suddenly stopped being so “bishy” towards SA but I figured she learned her lesson when she saw how her actions hurt SA. I also wanted JK to apologize for all the pain she caused but it is not in her nature to apologize. She actually became less annoying towards the end of the episodes without me understanding why she became less annoying :joy: does that even make sense? 

i had a lot of fun with everyone here! Sorry my tagging isn’t working because even my phone’s auto correct isn’t working haha. Let’s all meet each other in another drama so we can kick more butts and slap more cheeks!

I may not come here as often anymore but find me in another drama thread and let’s all chat there :D

yay! Tagging works!

@annamchoi @Jillia @rukizie @Sky8lue @Sneha @heartoppaya @Abirami Ramakrishnan @Ameera Ali @minsunie @larus @Dana T @ferily @ponderings and everyone else..thanks for making this drama great! We all had fun with our jokes and insights!

Oh and also, we can all safely say that the suitcase moved out on its own!! I am glad it knew what to do!

20170102-QURhULDZe3JCq6zk6xBX?s=6570956c

:joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

Dear Brahms friends, it took me a while to admit that this drama ended and finally come to this thread to backtrack 30+ pages. Like @ck1Oz @nicoley who have stopped playing instruments and felt for the scene when Song Ah said goodbye to her violin, I also had to confront my feelings for art, specifically on drawing. I decided to let go of some art supplies. It was hard because I used to love them. So, I really like @Melly Trw and @rafeusjanela 's take on one of the messages of the show. 

On 10/21/2020 at 3:39 AM, Melly Trw said:

- At SA narrative at the ending, one thing I realize from DYLB being the healing-drama they promised us, that is 

"Not all of us can achieve our dream, even tho we're already give all that we have. But even if we don't, we can still do what we best at, fully-hearted."

On 10/21/2020 at 5:08 AM, rafeusjanela said:

I agree. One of the key messages of the show that touched my heart is that it's okay that some dreams stay dreams, no matter how hard we've worked to achieve them. What matters is the journey, not the destination. What matters is that we tried. DYLB emphasized that what Song Ah went through was not 'lost time', and that everything she did helped her grow into the person she is today. 

^ This really helps me to move on in real life and remember that each step of the journey helps me grow. All I need to do is to keep trying! 

I like to thank @annamchoi for sharing your thoughts about how to let go and that you have been embracing the k world for 12 years! I started watching 12 years ago, but I have finding so much solace especially for the past five years. Often times I felt guilty for loving the kdrama world, but now I know that I'm not alone. I can enjoy this drama with many people here in this thread.

On 10/22/2020 at 10:03 AM, annamchoi said:

HOW DO YOU LET GO?  

-I have embraced and loved the K World for the past 12 years ..It has been my solace since my mom passed away  .my source of happiness and joy.my stress reliever  .

-I have watched so many k dramas already there had been a few that eventually became my favorites..

I even had  the chance to serve  as one of the administrators(here in Soompi thread-The Scholar Who Walks Into The Night and Hyde Jekyll And Me respectively) in making Photo books for Lee Joongi and Yubi  and for HyunBin and HaJiMin We were able to send their photobooks respectively with Joongi I was able to send it through his agency same with Yubi.While with Hyunbin and HJM during their wrap up party..which Binnie got his copy personally..

-Lastly I also had the chance to  send in  a letter via photobook format  to Jang Hyuk.. wayback during Fated To Love You Days..

-Its such a rarest among rarest chance of my life  .truly grateful.

Although the drama has ended, I'm glad that

@Abirami Ramakrishnan @rafeusjanela @cherrhys88 @minsunie @rozelan @Jillia @nicoley are up for rewatching!!! I'm getting a little bit touched that so many of you want to rewatch it. I've never done this. This isn't our last goodbye chingus. This rewatch party is a new chapter (; Let's do it! And we can continue to spot and decode more details we've missed.

Thank you to the live recappers. You made me feel less anxious on Mondays and Tuesdays. At times I don't understand certain moments without English subtitles so thank you so much!!!!

As for @vangsweetie637 you're the MVP with your comments about Jung Kyung and your usage of GIFs never fail to make me chuckle. 

@Sky8lue I love your reflections on the scenes. It gives more depth to the drama watching experience (: And it makes me fall in love with the drama as if I don't love it enough!!! 

@guestra thank you for sharing the clip of 10cm singing the OST!!!! <3 I love his voice and he's my favorite k indie singer.

@Nodame You have been missed, but I'm glad that we were able to meet again on this drama thread. I hope all is well for you.

As for everyone else, thank you for making the drama experience so much more fun. I hope to see you in other threads. 

--------

my thoughts on ep 16.

I liked the ending scene mirroring the beginning scene. Song Ah was dejected at the backstage peering into the stage and feeling the deep passion that Joon Young has for the piano. She felt her passion was small. But in the last scene, she confidently walks towards the stage knowing that she will continue dreaming through her ups and downs. And we know that Joon Young will always have her back. @Jillia thank you for sharing the parallel scenes. They're so beautiful!!!

AND THANK YOU FOR SPOTTING THE UMBRELLA BACK ON JOON YOUNG'S SUITCASE.  My eyes were clearly glued to Song Ah and Joon Young. :D I'm no longer sad and emotion about the umbrella!

---

ep 15

My low key favorite moment was when Cha Young In pushed Representative Park away. It's also a push to all those characters who were toxic and not supportive of Song Ah and Joon Young. We don't need to see their endings.

EVAVV1h.gif

Cha Young In is like the MVP of the drama. I came in watching this drama immediately falling in love with Song Ah and Joon Young's characters. But as the story went by Cha Young In became my favorite, too. 

• Like 3
  • Love 14
  • Insightful 1

No where near getting over Brahms. i need to soak in it for awhile.

How to get over Brahms honestly?! i wished they released the deleted scenes too, so we can live in this Brahms heaven for abit more. when i watched hyena this year i was pretty certain no other drama would surpass that explosive chemistry and story writing. well then came Brahms which shook my world and after taking a few days to think about it (yes its a serious decision) i think DYLB might just be my NO. 1 fav drama of all time.

Like you guys @annamchoi and @ponderings kdrama world has always been my solace of sorts, I have been watching kdramas for 18 years+ and there are always dramas that come along and you know they will always have that special room in your heart. Brahms sort of just quietly found its way into my heart by the end of ep4 LOL. its everything i wished for in a drama, unspoken words, introverted characters and sensitivity i never knew could exist in dramas.

I have been on soompi for years and never felt compelled to comment on threads but Brahms was too magical to keep my opinions to myself, and i found this beautiful community of you guys here, which made the watching experience x10000 better <3

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your art :) @ponderings it feels bittersweet but we all know that walking away from your dreams are just as strong as chasing them too. 

@rafeusjanelaThank you for the bts! is it just me or min jae actually looks like he is falling for eun bin? o.o or might be me overthinking but the bts is so cute omgoodness. @Jillia thanks for all the parallel scenes! honestly combusted when i saw it, it made me appreciate the production so much more because it showed that they knew where the story was headed from the start. and i was so late to realising that IT WAS A WEDDING PICTORIAL. good lord i am so slow, but aigo it really warmed my heart. 

@guestra thanks for the song by 10cm, i realised that it was the song that i heard and liked but never found in the ost, so sad why are they not releasing it :/

• Like 2
  • Love 11
  • Awesome 1