[Drama 2020] Oh My Baby, 오 마이 베이비

0ly40

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t believe it is Friday again already! 

These latest two episodes were fun. Things do get complicated for I Sang but actually underneath all the confusion, it is quite simple.

Spoiler

It is fear holding them both back. So I am glad Hari just went for it at the end of ep 8 and initiated the confession clearly. I Sang struggling the whole 2 episodes to have it all be moot lol. Like their friend said, life isn’t always controllable and sometimes you have to follow the heart.

I forgot why Jae Young divorced his ex-wife. Did she leave him for another person? I hope they can work it out as in the end, she is still the mom but she seems to be selfish. 

The actress that plays Hyoo Jo is good because her character is so full of herself that it is annoying lol. She succeeded. 

The free food fraud and lunch scene was great lol. 

I notice the ‘fire’ character on the window too. Those scenes were funny.

Preview text for eps 9 already out

Spoiler

b26a2f259b4e61b31bea7364f9710c63ba179445

Eps 9 < The moments we say it's love>

My korean skill is not that fluent yet so please anyone who can translate it.

But from what I get is Isang has decided to tell the whole thing to Hari but it seems that there will be an event that will prevent him from telling it yet.

6 hours ago, acuteaddict said:

I don’t know if someone has mentioned it before but I find Go Joon’s voice so SEXY. He has this raspy deep drawl, his intonation and pronunciation of words make everything sound so good! He could read the shopping list and my ears would be in heaven. Honestly, imagine in the morning?!!! 
sometimes I just repeat scenes to hear his voice, I’ve never had this before lol not even Kim woo bin actually 

I really needed to get that off my chest lol

I mentioned it to @triplem how I love his voice. Needless to say, the ending of ep.8 was a treat for me because he was narrating a lot :wub:

The text preview mentioned roughly: 

- JY saw changes in HaRi and is furious about what happened (as seen in preview)

- ED attempt to confess to HaRi is misunderstood by the lazy female colleague that it is meant for her

- The reporters are trying to hold an event involving HaRi.

- YiSang is determined to tell HaRi everything. 

"I also want to follow my heart…and just hold your hand…like all the other couples do, Ms.Jang. I wanted to get swayed and get closer to you…as if it were a mistake.I also wanted to hold your hand. I closed my heart because I didn’t want to get hurt. My heart ached…when I saw you cry…like a little child. And to be honest, when we first met, I was determined not to fall in love again, but you totally made me forget about that." 

"Just like you, I also want to be happy. And just like you, I want to be honest about how I feel. But I’ve been through enough to know…that it’s not just me who ends up getting hurt. The other person gets hurt as well.You may have entered my heart…and stirred me up like this. But all I need to do is just ignore it. I just need to make sure…my heart doesn’t flutter again."

:heart:

53f538bc10d3c9fe5b715e9bbe5c3d09e8841842

b931edb007fcf62ed9718e51968bc1623343f8c3

614aa106e7faefd2d92a0f056c7ebabc79d3fc15

Creds. Tumblr (@88litre)

I finally had time to watch this week's episodes, and I need to get a few things off my chest....

If you really really really love everything about this show, then please skip the first part.... :joy:

• You should not start a relationship with someone without telling them that you are not able to have a child, especially if you know the other one really wants one.
    • Even if Ha Ri said that a relationship for her is a miracle and that her feelings are her responsibility (which is true - you can never be responsible for anyone else's feelings), I Sang should have been clear with her from the start instead of being wishy washy with his actions towards Ha Ri for the last 3 episodes.
  • I really hated the push and pull dynamic that we saw in the last 2 episodes. He should have told her immediately the real reason why he didn't want to start a relationship. After that, it would have been Ha Ri's choice to make whether she wanted to pursue a relationship or not.
    I am pretty bummed that the drama took this route.
  • Also, if you are not open with your own feelings and issues from the start, the relationship doesn't have a solid base - open and honest communication is key to a healthy relationship.
  • I also didn't like that Ha Ri confessed to I Sang in front of his mother. That was irresponsible of her, and put I Sang in a tough position. I'm glad she apologized later.
  • And while I'm at it: I hate Ha Ri's and I Sang's clothes and styling in this drama. :D

On a more positive note:

• I laughed at Eu Ddeum's antics. The other guys were jealously like: "So, you're the legendary king of sperm?" :D:D:D And Eu Ddeum was like "OMG, I majored in saxophone!" when they suggested he should confess to Ha Ri with a saxophone serenade. :D
  • Do Ah is just super adorable.

So, it feels like that this drama went down the traditional k-drama route plot wise. I predict that:

1) I Sang and Ha Ri will sleep together

2) Ha Ri will find out that I Sang is sterile and feel so betrayed she ends the relationship

3) Ha Ri will find out that she's pregnant

4) They reunite

Any bets? :D

Anyone else who was laughing at Do Ah's reaction to I Sang in the restaurant?

You can tell she was totally judging him! :D

capture1-Copy.png

capture2-Copy.png

I agree that the push and pull made the drama slower because it went on for 2 episodes but then again, it feels true to reality?!? When feelings start to develop for someone, the uncertainty is daunting and if you add the complications and fears, I can understand their struggles in coming to understand their true feelings. 

I hope they throw some surprises and it would be a waste of the other two potential candidates. I mean we already know Ha Ri will end up with Yi Sang but I am not ruling out that someone else can be the baby’s father.

Aww I thought their styling was really realistic for that professional age group. 

Yeah, the push and pull is frustrating, but then when your head says one thing, but your heart says another the conflicted feelings would come out as confusing. I am in some way glad he did follow his heart though, and glad seeing in the preview text he really want to come clean ant tell everything. At least even he knows he should not withhold it from HR! Just hope he is not gonna be hold back by anything. I think  his action gonna have a new meaning for her though saying he do not want marriage and kids. He did warn her about something about him would hurt her.. I think HR can understand him since she herself have gone true the thoughts about  infertility. I mean she have gone true it herself so she most understand how devastated it is for him. even though she maybe gonna be angry with him too for not telling her if he do not tell her soon. I really want them to work this true together as a couple. this could either break them, or making their love for each other stronger. I also wonder what role the other two gonna play in the end. I am curious what writer have in store for them all. :D 

He did say multiple time there is no way for kids in his future to HR so it wasn’t a fully confession but he has always been honest in that way...

tbh it depends on how it is resolved next two episodes. I am going to hold off judgement till then... IS is going to doctor and it is a very vulnerable position for him..: it seems like he is waiting for some results or testing from doctor?

... 17 year relationship and your partner leaves you cause of your infertility!! I hope it is finally comes out between the two probably a lot of tears will be involved... 

he has mentioned multiple times he lacks the courage of HR and so his story arc is hopefully going to be more of him being honest with his dreams and failures!

LOL I'm definitely in the minority here, but I'm a fan of Jae Young, specifically Park Byeong Eun. He's just so charming to me. I've definitely become a fan. In the press interviews and the behind the scenes clips, the actor's jokester personality really stands out. I guess he's more my style than the other two male leads. I'm just a SUCKER for the best friend angle in dramas. I just love the bickering and the slow burn realization that you're in love with your best friend. He's also great at being comedic relief! That being said, it's pretty obvious that despite whatever hurdles come their way, Hari and Yi Sang are endgame. Also, the best friend never gets the girl, except for maybe Producer. (SIDE NOTE: Producer's weird parallel to this drama is that the male best friend also ends up living with the female best friend.). Let me be clear though. I don't think Jae Young is the best match for Hari, given the romantic chemistry between Jang Nara and Go Joon's characters. Jae Young's fate is going to be relegated to the best friend that lost his timing both in the past and in the present. I'm still empathetic towards PBE's character though and am personally rooting for his and Doah's happiness.  I am not looking forward to seeing his heart break, but I will be glad to see Hari become happy at last. Every time she cries, I feel like crying. :bawling::bawling:

I really am curious to see what Hari and Jae Young's past dynamic was like though. Other than Yi Sang, Jae Young is the only other dude that Hari has a history with. I hope we get a more fleshed out idea of what their relationship was like in the past and plenty of flashbacks. Has Hari always friend zoned Jae Young? Has she ever seen him as a man? Why did Jae Young's ex-wife force him to cut ties with Hari? What was the dynamic between Hari and his ex-wife like?

I also think that Jae Young's ending is the least predictable, if we're talking about couples. Hari and Yi Sang will end up together, although the whole baby daddy situation is still unclear. (I personally think Yi Sang and Hari will have some miracle baby. LOL, foreshadowing.) Lizzy's character and ED will probably end up together after Hari rejects him. We know at the very least that with JY's character, he's going to move out of Hari's house eventually LOL. JY could end up either single or back with his ex-wife. If they leave him single, he's probably going to go through the "Even though it didn't work out, I'm so glad you (Hari) were in my life because you made me realize that I could open my heart up to love again" arc. They'll probably have him have that cliche little interaction with some random woman in the last episode, hinting that his future love prospects are bright. 

I'm not sure if JY should end up back with his ex-wife though. She seems like a massive turn off, since the writers have painted her as a bad mom thus far. We don't know the full story though and have only seen JY's perspective, so I guess we'll have to see. Although, it doesn't seem like he has any leftover feelings for her anymore. There just seems to be a lot of  leftover bad blood. I do agree with you guys that she definitely does have a right to be involved with her daughter's life in some capacity. I'm looking forward to seeing how they resolve this side of the story as well.

LOL this was a very Jae Young centric post, but I can't help it! Park Byeong Eun, you have yourself a new fan!

Am laughing my richard simmons off 'cause that look on Do Ah's in second  pic is me watching IS every now and then. Haven't watched last episode and I will wait until the end cause I can't bloody relate to it. Plus GJ does nothing to me here, unbelievable. Am kinda frustrated lol He was more attractive even in Midnight Runners hahah oh man, what's wrong with me?! 

Anyway, the ost is the best I've heard in years in a drama, I love all songs and thank you guys for summaries and opinions and all stuff related to drama. Much appreciated! There is a lot of fun in this thread :tounge_wink:

as much as HR and IS are meant to be together for the drama plot, i can’t help but to ship HR and JY as well.. they simply got into the lovey dovey husband and wife mode instantly for the free dinner event :lol:

Archived