[Drama 2020] Oh My Baby, 오 마이 베이비

0ly40

I love the lesson from this drama wrote up by her!

Every single event happen in our life give different lesson to us at any stages or age. Different people have different acceptance towards the event, in this drama every character shows it.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming out lurking yet again and just wanted to stop by this drama gives me joy with cute moments but love seeing Go Jun and Jang Nara too. Thanks to all the superstars--the trusty and passionate @triplem also love reading the comments (I admit I have not read through all of them so apologies in advance). Great comments by @Ameera Ali  and translations from @alleram95 and agree with @qynn about JY (granted you care about HR but you are overstepping your boundaries of your jealousy under the guise of friendship/care/love and concern) and others I may have missed.

Firstly, glad that HR got to be the editor of the magazine with the help and love and support of her team behind her.  :blush: I was so touched they worked out the event to get the old subscribers back. With her sincerity and the games to "hit" HR , seeing everyone come back into the chat room was so fulfilling and triumphant! She beat the odds and got the position! Go HR.  Sad as the last episode started with her saying the joy and happiness was short lived. (Though we had that warning, still made me enjoy her happy moments before the train wreck  :bawling: that would hit her finding out why Isang has been so distance and avoiding being with HR though he really really is into her.)

Her team really love and care for her wanting to tease her alot when they saw (overhead) our OTP being too lovey dovey. Just their happiness and wanting to corner her and tell she has their 100% support! Glad they all go along to help her keep it away from Mgr (?) Kim. 

*Being in management rots and when MGR Kim told HR, he wanted to 100% back her for Editor in Chief, he couldn't outright  without losing his job with AD sales precariously low. Magazines losing ad sales which is so crucial as iti s a business and needs to survive. Then the scene with him and the Photographer Nam Soo Cheol both talking to their familes---aww goose fathers. 

Also hilarious when IS found out SC schemed and pretended to be injured to get him and HR together. What a romantic and sweet friend. LOVE him! :heart:

The KISS, yes IS did warn once he kissed there was no turning back for him. Against all his good intentions to be the good guy and not act on his emotions (the heart is what the heart wants no matter what our minds tell us rationally what to do or not). When he saw HR and kissed her at the riverbanks of the HAN RIVER (I presume) with the gorgeous sparkling and glittering lit up sky by fireworks, how romantic. I agree, those gals cheering them on---I would too! WOO HOO!  Sweet how HR still stung and avoiding IS and getting surprised by his suddenly kissing her. Glad she realizes he DOES like her. Even after the kiss, he failed many times to try to tell her why. I cannot blame him it is a TOUGH topic.

I applaud he is trying not to stall to tell her but on the other hand he is. Finding the right time has not been easy for him, so when HR told him during that Shadow Couple Photo Shoot--it was FINALLY the time to tell her.  The scene where IS is sitting in a semi circle with all his statues was hilarious ---almost like a peer group session to help him figure out what best to do to not drag out telling about his situation. You know he loves HR and is desperate at the DR to try for that remote hope to be able to battle his own situation to help her. I was touched that he was grappling---I will do it again (the shots etc) if the first phase doesn't work. (Also appreciate that IS was willing to take these steps and step up. HR is worth it to him. But also painful as he knows it is the one thing he cannot CONFIDENTLY give her too knowing her situation.)

Our sweet and brave HR, bravo for being you and lovely and direct. After that DR appointment/checkup at 39 and the window slowly closing for having the bare minimum of hope for a child, I am glad she told him. It was even more poignant and sad how she is like---emphasis having a child with one she loves. Oh my heart. I think that is ideal and knowing having a child is easier than having a marriage at this point of her life.  (Def was sad for her---Jang Nara is the queen here).

I did enjoy that IS met HR's mom organically Ok Ran through the leather class. Loved that OR approved of IS and wanted to entice him to be her lovely daughter's boyfriend or at least have a date using --she will be a building owner. 

Spoiler

(My close friend  told me when she was dating her boyfriend as CC couple at KAIST, her very eligible now hubby was constantly getting marriage meeting dates requests with people saying the brides all were GANGNAM building owners.  Her hubby is smart, from a good family, handsome and tall. In fact just this week he was recently in the news for his ROBOTICS international paper submission got honors---first Korean ever)

Then later when IS joined in seeing her teach the aerobics class was SOOOO cute! It is a bit ironic she is trying to lure IS for HR not knowing that his current gf (for now) is her lovely daughter HR. 

HR's mom OK later admits to JY she doesn't like HR wanting a child alone. But her case is a bit special. Also when JY tried to get her to understand what "eating ramen" meant to the young kids. She knew HR is a grown woman at 39 and she cannot be sitting around doing NADA if she wants that baby. Nor the fact she told HR ---after being so tired after magazine deadline instead of resting going out happily--she KNEW she was dating. Cute how she doesn't trust her taste in men and said I need you to bring him to me. Your track record is not so great. LOL.

Sad that our puppy ED --cute attempts to measure HR 's finger size and then get the ring. Save to buy the  "C" rings only to get saddened that HR is dating IS. (Glad he found out, but sad to see him so sad.)  Choi Hyo Joo-- the gal who started liking ED though pretending to help ED thinking he likes her was sad. (For someone who thinks she is great in dating---earlier episodes was funny how IS was trying to listen in on her giving dating tips) She really could not read the signs. ED is so forthright and honest he has no blurry signals and did not lie. The fact she waited for him to contact her ---hello if he was going to confess to you--he would have asked you on a date. (Not for you to talk to him find out by questioning him and then waiting at the usual cafe all dressed up.) Other than being cute and having high sperm count, he never was a contender.

Go HY for having DH mom be at the first birthday party. She did the right thing. I woudln't want DH in the future think her mom doesn't love her and not want to be at this historic event in her life (as big as marriage/graduation/having a child). Though JY was disappointed, HR did the right thing.

Ok that is it for now & thanks for humoring me, I have to get back to work. TGIF and be safe and well.

Just started the drama yesterday and I am hooked. Honestly I was not attracted to the title or theme discussed in the drama originally but as I started watching it, I feel that Jang Na Ra's acting is really captivating. Aside from the character's bubbly outlook I think she captures the complexity of emotions in her character very well. I am on episode 7 by now but I feel the discussion within the drama is building in its depth, and I really really like it. I have never watched anything from Go Joon before and although his acting is not comparable to Jang Na Ra, I really like how he portrays Han I Sang's silliness hahahaha. It is very out of character from how he looks and yet played out perfectly natural.

I really enjoy how both characters are written but a little more love goes to Han I Sang. I think the character portrays the taboo of infertility among men so well.

Have watched other dramas trying to tackle the discussion on marriage and ended with half baked endings that do not really provide the audience with any satisfactory out takes after the end of it so I am putting a lot of hope on Oh My Baby to nail it since the framework thus far looks promising.

Just my thoughts of current 2 episode.. I cam see that I Sang trying so hard to have kid in current relationship and his previous one.. He may not trying hormonal therapy before, but he is now.. He inject himself with hormone (i saw that is FSH hormone that also help in production of testoterone and eventually sperm) . 

Yes, denial and angry is a normal human reaction before came the realisation and accepting the condition.. For years HR dreams of being a mother. So its normal for her to react like that. She may notice I Sang struggle and hardwork to overcime his infertility when she read the list of ovulation induce agent that she didn't manage to read in episode 10.. Since she already saw the box of hormonal therapy on I Sang shelf, it will all click together.. HaRi is a smart girl.. 

ISang infertility may caused by hormonal disturbance that cause the production of sperm is low (or almost absent) as his sexual desire is potent. Thats why Dr Moon suggest he try hormone theraphy. Hormonal problem is the most rare causes of infertility in male.

1 hour ago, Sejabin said:

one thing I love from this drama is they have best soundtracks ^_*

this one is my favorite :heart:

This is my fav too

When I heard this song the most memorable scene when yisang going to the urologist at ep 6..the feel

And the second scene i like the most with this song..when yisang with his monologue during firework on ep. 8..LOVEE

Coming out lurking yet again. Thanks to all the superstars--the trusty and passionate @triplem also love reading the comments (I admit I have not read through all of them so apologies in advance). Great comments by @Ameera Ali and everyone else I am  missing.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Found these EP 10 recaps https://marymekpop.com/2020/06/12/oh-my-baby-episode-10-recap/  as Dramabeans is not out with it yet. Enjoy!

Recap

Continuation of the last week....he tried to explain more about his condition , held her hand , said we can try...but she ran off upstairs to the balcony trying to hold back tears.  I feel bad for ISang. As he put his hands on his face. Think he was in tears.

After calming down, HR goes for a staff meeting... but she wasn't exactly in the right frame of mind.

ED walking back to office - he was also zoned out...HJ sees him , asked him if he had anything to say to her...he looked blank. She just dumped the boxes she was carrying on him and they took the lift up together. She asked what was wrong. He did not reply. He was peeking at HR...then HJ asked - don't tell me the ring was for her...he just walked off....HJ was angry - threw away the slippers he gave her.

JY at home with HR's mum...he was restless...keep looking upstairs...he wanted to go up...mum told him, she's not in ....then mum and him talk...mum wondered if whether HR would be ok with his feelings. ( if I am not mistaken)

As JY and mum talk, seems JY feels he should just give up on his feelings.

ISang and SC play basketball to let off steam..SC  was yelling at him...are you just going to give up like that...then IS finally tells him that he has problems having children. SC was shocked , so is that why your ex left you. 

After the game...ISang ran to HR's house. He stood outside ....was gonna ring the bell and did but no one answered at first. Then HR finally opened the door. IS apologised non-stop...says it was his fault...they went to a cafe to talk. Then he explained how he was suppose to marry Ina ( his ex) ...when he could not have kids...she left. That's why he has been trying not to get involve with anyone else. But she came along...he really likes her,  but did not want to hurt her. She was like you should have told me first if you did not want to hurt me ( what the heck...where's that "love is a miracle" to me talk she said before )...then she left.

HR was back home...her mum came in to check on her and but she pretend to sleep

JY at the clinic. After a patient left, he looked at The Baby magazine and HR's article.

HR and HJ discussing some stuff...but you can see that HJ was  being not so nice in the way she talk to HR. 

HR looks at the list of fertility drugs that she was using for her article. Then she recalled the box of drugs on IS's shelf. She asked one of the staff about what the drug is for...realised it is fertility drugs for men.

The 3 office girls at the storeroom discussing some stuff...everyone seems down. ED eating alone at convenience store. HJ sees him and sits with him and drinks a can of beer one shot  Then she talks rather passive aggressively to him. He was still clueless of course about what is happening. She started crying...think she has really fallen for him. Lol...she is a drama queen. Started crying loudly and complaining about her mascara running

HR was about to go into the studio. IS had just come in from a run...she just did not talk to him even though he tried to. They had to work on some stuff...he was trying his best to get through to her...but she was cold. He finally grabbed her hand and said he knows he hurt her but wants to find ways to overcome this together...but she did not want to ...she pushed his hands away

Spoiler

( honestly right now, I am a bit mad with her, the guy is trying and she's just only thinking about her own fertility problems. What about him? )

Archived