[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

So far our Writernim has been stays true faithfully and shows some deep respect to the characters. The characters have been growing toward the better direction with many bumps and rocks on the way but the steering always goes back the to right tracks. None of them off their rockers at all. Even side characters and the cleverly inserted and twisted fairy tales have been giving us more insights about what really happens inside the minds of our lovely characters. 

But if Nurse really turns out to be MY’s Mom, that will be a lazy writing that opted for easy way out. Based upon MY and Dad’s memories, Mom is a total full pledged bonker who didn’t hesitate to abused both physical and mentality even killed if she didn’t get her ways. She was especially obsessed and possessive towards her only daughter. She isolated her in order to has her for herself. She threatened her daughter to ditched a little boy who came with a bouquet of wild flowers. She even murdered a new housekeeper who seemed to showed bit of cares to her daughter (hence she said she can takes care of her own child when she stabbed her, I think Dad hired Moon’s Mommy to takes care of the house and MY). She had no restraints no patience, what Mommy wanted Mommy got, right now. 

So from everything that Writernim had given us a bout MY’s Mom, it’s totally opposite of Nurse’s behavior. She has been taking care of mentally challenging people for years. She didn’t chase after MY all over places. She didn’t murder MY’s CEO who is the only person closest to her for so many years. GT is alive and kicking. Nurse is very patient in plotting her evil deeds. Pulling string here and there. But none of the characteristics of MY’ Mom aggressiveness, a total opposite instead. She’s a mental case for sure.

I remember there’s a scene in the last part of certain episode where it showed a woman wearing Mom’s clothing but with short hair in the basement room preening in front of the dresser. Her mouth is different from Mom but it looks a lot like Nurse’s. I think there’s the time where she stole Mom’s personal things. All of the stories about MY’s family she got it from Dad who was on a late stage of dementia and she’s snooping here and there too. She’s a copy cat....A true nut job 

• Like 10

https://zapzee.net/2020/08/02/its-okay-to-not-be-okay-production-team-heralds-another-surprising-twist-in-the-coming-episode/
‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’ Production Team Heralds Another Surprising Twist in the Coming Episode

by krishkim

1A0D8790-C9E5-454D-9FD0-32BB2D436A85.jpg
Credit: tvN

Kim Soo Hyun and Kim Chang Wan reveal the identity of the “butterfly.”

In the 14th episode of tvN’s It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, Moon Kang Tae (Kim Soo Hyun) and Oh Ji Wang (Kim Chang Wan), the director of the mental hospital, will look for the culprit who painted the butterfly and turned the hospital upside down.

In the previous episode, which aired on August 1, a butterfly was painted on a mural that Moon Sang Tae (Oh Jung Se) has been drawing, shocking everyone. Moon Kang Tae and Moon Sang Tae were confused as it was clear that someone intentionally drew the butterfly to send a warning.

Also, attention is focused on future development as Go Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji) was clearly in shock as she learned that her mother is the person who killed the two brothers’ mother and the identity of the butterfly who has traumatized Moon Sang Tae.

In the upcoming episode, which will air on August 2, Moon Kang Tae and Oh Ji Wang will search for the painter through security cameras. And another shocking twist will unfold when an unexpected person was shown on the video, once again plunging Moon Kang Tae and Oh Ji Wang into anger and anguish.

Source (1)

———

https://zapzee.net/2020/08/02/its-okay-to-not-be-okay-officially-finished-all-filmings/
‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’ Officially Finished All Filmings

by krishkim

F70FE40C-E703-4E45-8B2B-EBFAB579CE21.jpg
Credit: tvN

Starring Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay has finished filming.

According to a media outlet, tvN’s weekend drama It’s Okay to Not be Okay officially ended all filming, including all lead and supporting roles, on July 31.

The filming period could have been longer than scheduled due to bad weather caused by the recent rainy season, but the journey came to a smooth end. However, the production team has canceled the wrap-up party for safety reasons.

It’s Okay to Not Be Okay depicts a fantasy fairytale-like love story of Moon Kang Tae (Kim Soo Hyun), a psych ward community worker who refuses to love under the weight of heavy life, and Go Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji), a fairytale writer who doesn’t understand love.

The 16-episode It’s Okay to Not Be Okay premiere on June 20 and has only three episodes left till the end. It is known that the production team, actors, and actors’ staff have been ordered absolute silence regarding the ending that is drawing keen attention from viewers.

Since the recent episode showed an unexpected twist, attention is paid to what changes and developments will unfold in the remaining episodes.

As a follow-up of It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, Stranger 2 will premiere on August 15.

Source (1)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Tsukimi said:

Am I the only one who thought that KT not knowing about the "shaman girl" mental illness kinda out of character ? He seems meticulous at his job and  a certificate nurse so I'm kinda disappointed .

There’s been a discussion on KT’s actual job title. It doesn’t seem likely that he’s a certified nurse given that he didn’t go to school, and he’s always referred to as a “caregiver”. So it seems that he’s a certified caregiver not a certified nurse, and so his duties and access to information would be below an actual nurse. Also his colleague (the annoying male nurse/caregiver, not sure) didn’t know about the woman’s condition too..

Interesting theory here!! Would love this to happen <3

• Like 8
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, ncly said:

Why didn't she just kill him right away out of revenge? Why let him die naturally (due to the brain tumor), and still willingly listened to his story before he died? Also, she seemed a little shock when he said MY saw he killed her mother?

It's crazy how she could act to be so caring and innocent to KT and ST, she was pretty nonchalant about MY, even (fakely) asking KT to make sure that MY's ok because her dad would pass away soon. Everything about her is just so confusing, creepy and...fake. I'm dying to see everything unfold in the last 3 episodes. 

I keep rewatching the past episodes to find some "clues" I'm not sure if it's episode 2 or 3, where MYs dad spoke about MY mom being beautiful, the head nurse was the only one who heard it and there was no hate in her expression. On the contrary, she looked like she feels sad or happy-sad. I remember the first time I watched it and asked myself if she knew something, but the story geared away from her. The scriptwriters made her a background character, albeit influencial. Very smart of them.

I'm so happy my expectations were met, we're unpacking MY's past. And I do hope they give clarity on how she survived as a child. And how in the world she met SI.

I've only watched few kdramas, I agreestill with you that they push climax up to the last episode, so I'm ready for creepy, angsty, sad episodes. 

• Like 6

Once again, MY looks beautiful in that white dress in the new stills.

Kudos to MY/YJ's stylist and make up artist in this drama, they have done such a wonderful job in portraying this extraordinary character. I'd have to confess though that I still miss MY's long hair a lot from time to time :)) 

Spoiler

Also, perhaps this was mentioned way earlier in this forum, but doesn't the female nurse, Jang Gui Ri, (who got scolded by the Head Nurse) look so so much like Jisoo from Blackpink? It's crazy how much they look a like....

guv1594955691.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, stella77 said:

Maybe she drew the butterfly on the mural to break the family up so she could get MY back?

do you remember the mean dialogue after MY is attacked by her father from an unknown presence? I think it was the nurse. 

The same person also observed the exchange when GT told MY that you are an empty can.

I dont think she wants to let MY be happy. Why, I dont know. 

We know that the butterfly shadow falls on GT and MY but not ST. So, those two are in danger, emotionally or physically (we will see).

Btw I am also inquisitive about what happened to MY after her dad was institutionalised. Oh and that nurse when she spoke to GT also seemed to have a malicious intent! 

She will go to meet ST because ST doesn't know anything and she had gifted ST the dinosaur. I am looking forward to today :)

• Like 4

So MY and ST sharing something in common, both were the witnesses to their own mothers' murdered. I love how ST is taking care of the 2 wounded birds in the preview and I hope ST can accept the reality of The Butterfly Killer. It's seems like MY is the one having the hardest time in accepting it. Guilt-ridden by the fact that her Mom is the culprit of the life long suffering of the man she loves the most.

I notice GT had learns to accept the PDA shown by MY with ease without getting bother and awkward anymore. In previous episodes he always putting on uncomfortable expressions but when MY pulled his neck ties to sealed the deal with a kiss, he smiled and laughed. He even admitted to ST about the "peck" he shared with MY (even though I suspected he lied a little because he must had a full blown making out session judging from the fanning he did when he went into the room :naughty:). He even tried to acted as a "gigolo" before MY shut him down....:joy: Such a delightful development of MY-ST-GT's bonds.....

I agreed with MY though that GT should ditches the suits. He is positively lethal in it....I can hear the sounds of ovaries explosions and back flips around the world when he popped out in the studio for the first time.....:glasses: MY looks ravishing too in that red/fuchsia dress in the preview.

The DID of Shaman lady is heart wrenching. I remember reading an old novel by Sydney Sheldon titled Tell Me Your Dreams about similar case. It's about a woman who developed a DID because she was sexually abused by her distinguish Dad when she was young. Each abuse resulted in another split of her personality.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, shazbinjin said:

@madmad min yes still many unanswered questions.. to be honest in the beginning I also thought the lady looking out of the window was Ok Ran.. or maybe that’s what they wanted watchers to believe? so they tried to mislead us and turn the suspicion away from the head nurse.. Everything is still very confusing!

I think OK Ran is dead :)

I think the Director is nice and wont turn evil.

I keep wondering what does GT feel when he hears all about MY's misfortunes? Even the publisher doesn't know the exacts. And MY was being super mellow and nice in this episode. I want her to tackle her own devil/butterfly too. For once the Oppa and My have to step up... give me an awesome end to an awesome series, writernim.

• Like 5

Despite the truth about MY eomma. I thought MY appa would be able to tell MY directly, what's inside his heart, his fear, his regret, and his complicated thought.

The moment the chief told GT to not trust anyone in the hospital, and when they analyze the message on paper, at that moment.. Nurse Park suddenly pops up in my head. Some netizen already had suspicion on her but I thought she's not the mother. But after seeing the butterfly pin and her smile while driving, I got goosebump. I read a post, there's a speculation. Nurse Park might be MY eomma evilish twin. And she might actually be the real killer of GT ST eomma. MY eomma wore the pin on different side from Nurse Park. Is she her twin (based on the title 'tale of two sisters')? 

So, MY eomma is innocent. MY-GT don't have to feel guilty for hurting each other.

• Like 3