[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Went back and watched ep 3 when the Head Nurse met MY for the first time (?). In the same episode, while MY was driving up to her castle, another van was driving in the opposite direction and we saw a glimpse of a lady in the van...maybe the Head Nurse collected some of MY's mum's belongings then?

This has been an excellent show so far :)

• Like 10
  • Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, Bekind said:

Went back and watched ep 3 when the Head Nurse met MY for the first time (?). In the same episode, while MY was driving up to her castle, another van was driving in the opposite direction and we saw a glimpse of a lady in the van...maybe the Head Nurse collected some of MY's mum's belongings then?

This has been an excellent show so far :)

I WENT BACK AFTER I READ YOUR POST AND IM SHOOOOOOOK. Yes! That's some pick-up car(?) for moving things and that's MY's omma lips! OMG IM SHOOOOOOOK. So I guess her mom somehow still have the key to their house, so it makes sense that she can go whenever she wants to, especially when there's a scene with butterfly shadow over KT and MY. 

IM NOT GOOD AT CATCHING DETAILS LIKE THIS, I WILL WATCH THIS SERIES FROM THE FIRST EPISODE AGAINNN.

• Like 11

I'm still curious about the previous episode, the title is Father of The Two Sisters. I read the original story, not the movie, The Story of Janghwa and Hongryeon. It says that these two sisters being abused by their step mother and their father doesnt know about that.

So the Father of Two Sister is referring to the father of patient with identity disorder? Because she had split personality so it seems like she had a sister?

Or is it about Do Hui Jae who is suspected of having a sister which is Park Haeng Ja? But who is the father?

I dont know, can someone enlighten me??? :(

• Like 4

Just, WOW. 

Freaking WOM.

Episode 13 and 14 had me in tears.

What an amazing writer who is so kind, truly kind and respectful to their characters, and as a result kind and respectful to human beings.

10 minutes ago, Dana Annisa said:

I'm still curious about the previous episode, the title is Father of The Two Sisters. I read the original story, not the movie, The Story of Janghwa and Hongryeon. It says that these two sisters being abused by their step mother and their father doesnt know about that.

So the Father of Two Sister is referring to the father of patient with identity disorder? Because she had split personality so it seems like she had a sister?

Or is it about Do Hui Jae who is suspected of having a sister which is Park Haeng Ja? But who is the father?

I think it refers to Moon-Young father and the patient with disassociated identity issue. Moon-Young was abused by her mother as a child and her father should have been aware of it, but did nothing to stop it.

I'm also not sure it is necessary to read "father" literally.  The point seems to be the person of any gender no mater the relationship who has the ability to help without intervening in abuse is guilty of that abuse also.

• Like 12

34 minutes ago, Dana Annisa said:

In Episode 13, Moon-young tells Gang-tae that it is ridiculous to expect children to forgive their parents for all the bad things they did before they die. She then goes on to mention the story that she hated as a kid, A Tale of Two Sisters. She hated the father in the story because he turned a blind eye to the abuse the two sisters were getting from the stepmother. Like Sun-hae, the patient with the identity disorder, MY was being abused by her mother while her father turned a blind eye to the abuse. It may not have been physical abuse like Sun-hae's experience, but it was psychological/emotional abuse...unhealthy controlling of her every movement and isolating her from others.

• Like 10

After watching episode 14, I have a feeling that head nurse is not MY's mother, and writers just want to throw the last plot twist in episode 15. I mean, MY said no matter how many surgeries the mother had she would have recognized her mom. I am still leaning forward the theory of the two sisters (the 25 min youtube video someone posted was so convincing). That way Kangtae wouldn't have to feel so bad about loving MY, because even though he is now forgiving, his conscience won't let him live with her happily forever if that is the case. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 9

OMG!!!:scream:

-The head nurse/mon gave me the chills (so scary) when looked at the cctv and also with her creepy laugh at the end...... i am still shaking:crazy::crazy::crazy:

-HOW????how on earth survived? It does not make sense. UNLESS.... KMY' dad had illusions or memory gaps from his brain tumor and everything were different than actually had them in his memory/mind:blink:

-ST feeding  MY was the sweetest scene ever.... i dont know  if they tell him the truth ever.. (but if they did i am sure he will say that MY is his family  and has nothing to do with that woman):bawling:

Waiting for ep 15...... we need answers...!!

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

57 minutes ago, aisling said:

Someone please enlighten me how does a person with a cracked up skull, tied up in a sack, thrown in the lake, survive?

Either a Houdini or whodidn't. 

MY confirmed that she saw Mom's bloody body on the floor. But no one else can confirm that Dad really disposed Mom's body somewhere. Maybe he did, and then someone saved Mom (POR perhaps?). But that's hardly believable bec she would have lost a lot of blood by then. 

So I'll wait for MY and Nurse Park's versions. Revisionism is a recurring theme in this drama. Stories are retold from a different perspective, after which the characters achieve catharsis. Even MY's works embody that: to solve your problem, look at it from another angle. 

For example, Nurse Park is a totally different person. 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, aisling said:

Someone please enlighten me how does a person with a cracked up skull, tied up in a sack, thrown in the lake, survive?

I had the same question. However, I think we are assuming that this actually all happened - recall that this version of the story is based on what MY's father remembered... and in that scene, right before the memory was shown it was brought up that he had a brain tumor + memory and cognitive disorders. So - the story he remembered could be inaccurate. In fact, throughout the show we've seen even "normal" folks like GT having selective / "inaccurate" memory, e.g., only remembering parts of his childhood (e.g., his mother only caring for ST) unless prompted otherwise.

I don't think we've ever seen MY's full memory of her mother's death - and perhaps her memory is the only trustworthy one as she is now the sole living witness. This is perhaps why the head nurse is out to get her.

• Like 11
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, yourinnerstar said:

I had the same question. However, I think we are assuming that this actually all happened - recall that this version of the story is based on what MY's father remembered... and in that scene, right before the memory was shown it was brought up that he had a brain tumor + memory and cognitive disorders. So - the story he remembered could be inaccurate. In fact, throughout the show we've seen even "normal" folks like GT having selective / "inaccurate" memory, e.g., only remembering parts of his childhood (e.g., his mother only caring for ST) unless prompted otherwise.

I don't think we've ever seen MY's full memory of her mother's death - and perhaps her memory is the only trustworthy one as she is now the sole living witness. This is perhaps why the head nurse is out to get her.

Yes! Now in this episode I think the same , i just wrote it a while ago! 

Also in his confesion he said  something like "i am not sure if i really killed that woman" if i recall correctly.

I really hope that carma will punish her really hard...

• Like 4

18 hours ago, JungRok said:

Should I watch now or wait until my exam is over tmr??  

Aww! I feel you.

So did you watch or no?

Edited by MinLyn
A gentle reminder not to quote reaction gifs in your posts. Thank you.
  • Like 1

Just watched ep 14 and jeez! This episode is really heavy from beginning till the end!

1 hour ago, yourinnerstar said:

I agree, if we see the pattern of this drama, it often gives us another perspective that actually different from what has been delivered before. So im waiting for MY's view on what happened that day till we come to current situation, where DHJ could still exists.

I forget there was someone in here saying that we want the answer from the dad who died in ep 1 and now we get the answer. Yet it gives me more questions such as how Head Nurse knew about the patient and the incident in ep 1 if she's been a nurse for a long time in Seongjin, 3 hours from Seoul :| How she could watch MY from afar? :/

Looking at the preview, ST seems to be okay. I really wish this mommy thing end on ep 15, but I doubt it will happen since there will be too weird if they give us 80 minutes of happiness in last ep :joy: Hopefully writer gives us satisfying ending since it has already been a good story from beginning.

Anyway, I found it funny when KT and MY sit by the door with Director Oh singing as its backsound :criesariver:

• Like 6

Another really good episode from last night. The angst was just right for me and not overdone, and I cried along with poor Kang Tae and Moon Young. These two puppies make viewers want to go into the screen and comfort them. Am also deeply touched by the support everyone was giving them. If Kang Tae was spoiling Sang Tae for letting him take out on him in the past, it was revealed this episode that Jae Soo was spoiling Kang Tae too. So I was glad that Jae Soo did not let Kang Tae be after sensing the severity of the situation. Seriously, this guy deserves to be in the family potrait too. 

Resonated and feeling the pain and how apologetic Moon Young felt against the brothers as well. It's not her fault, we all know, Kang Tae knows and I'm sure she knows it too. That still does not in any way lessen the impact. Seeing Sang Tae's change and growth had been magnificient. Him being the child who everyone coaxes was coaxing Moon Young and feeding her congee was a sight I never thought I'd see. Like a true big brother that takes care of his dongsaeng. Double Awwww. Moon Young crying her eyes out and kept apologising to Sang Tae was the most heartbreaking part. Yet I wouldn't trade any of these scenes for anything else because the feels were so so SO good. Another round of applauds for Seo Ye Ji, Kim Soo Hyun and Oh Jung Se's performances.

I like the scene they both sat at the door on opposite side and the background song appear, with flashbacks of their times spent together. 

I was really hoping this episode will twist it around showing us the Head Nurse is NOT Moon Young's mother. It didn't, and it continues to indicate she is. Not liking this one bit and still hoping it's not true. It's shockingly unbelievable because she shouldn't look a decade younger no matter how great plastic surgery or the personal care is in South Korea. Her psychopathic behaviour from the past and present does not match. She doesn't seem like one that could control her temperament. Logically this does not make sense. Having said that, the actress did a fabulous job. 

The shocking twist turns out that the intern(?) guy nurse is the Director's son. LOL. Now that's unexpected. I appreciated the short father-son scene too, albeit short it tells us a little about their bittersweet relationship. 

Now it's seriously far-fetched and there's a huge part of me doesn't want it to happen and obviously don't think will come true. It stems from me really wishing for an unexpected twist...

Spoiler

... something was said or expressed on Joori's Omma's face seem fishy when she went to visit the Director in his office. I need a rewatch but at first watch that's the vibe I got. She's another great actress therefore it's a pity she's only playing a benevelent mother figure. It's highly unlikely because of the ripple effects on Joori and others, although I kinda want to see Kim Mi Kyung turns evil :P  or plays a bigger part in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 10
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, L A said:

After watching episode 14, I have a feeling that head nurse is not MY's mother, and writers just want to throw the last plot twist in episode 15. I mean, MY said no matter how many surgeries the mother had she would have recognized her mom. I am still leaning forward the theory of the two sisters (the 25 min youtube video someone posted was so convincing). That way Kangtae wouldn't have to feel so bad about loving MY, because even though he is now forgiving, his conscience won't let him live with her happily forever if that is the case. 

I honestly do not think the head nurse is MY’s mom too.  It’s impossible for the mom to survive since MY did say that her skull cracked and limbs twisted.  So even if we don’t believe the father, at least Moon Young wouldn’t remember it wrong.  I do think that the head nurse could be a sister or a derange fan.  The possibility that she wants to live the same life as her favorite author crossed my mind.  The other part is that MY said that she would recognize her mom even with plastic surgery and I do agree about it.   I think that when a person experienced physical or mental, the abuser instills fear into the victim so it’s not something that the victim can just shake it off.  It was the same when she first saw her dad, she only slightly glance at him.

I really don’t want them to have another baggage to carry considering how much traumatic they’ve overcome.  There’s no need for "my mother kill your" to top it off. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, floweroad said:

at this point it seems like head nurse IS confirmed to be mum, but theres still a part of me hoping she isn't?? if she isn't though, im not sure how they'll be able to explain it all in 2 episodes... it was a such a beautiful, emotional episode but i'm left pretty confused about the mum thing like how did she survive the fall etc? at this point, it feels like it needs more than 2 eps to wrap the stories up. lets hope for super long eps next week!

I am with you on this! After firing our imagination in all directions, to be given a such a direct revelation that head nurse is likely to be MY's mum, I literally went "Huh..? This is it?!?". Someone must tell the writer this is criminal although I plead guilty to be a willing participant.

Still, feel kind of bereft after all the ra-ra fanfare in concocting possibilities in unraveling the mystery.

Ha! I even sat up and lean forward with HOPE that it's going to be much more to this than meets the eye in that scene where MY expressed disbelief at not recognizing her own mum. I will still want to hold on to this albeit with much lower expectation than before.

Aside from that, it's definitely an episode with the full onslaught of emotion out-pour. Think this is long overdue for the emotionally devoid MY and emo-suppressed KT in retrospect.

Last note, have to commend Seo Yea Ji's and Kim Soo Hyun's ultimate professionalism in their act. They threw their pretty image out and gave us wrenching sobs drawn straight out from the guts. I salute to that!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Does anyone here remember the old American movie "Mommie Dearest"? I remember watching it on TV when I was a kid and MY's mum reminds me of that movie where the mother was a very abusive and manipulative person. I remain convicted that the character descriptors where they say MY has an anti-social personality disorder seems incorrect - in these last 2 episodes, she clearly has the ability to feel and connect with what is right and wrong. It is more likely that it is her mother who had the anti-social personality disorder and as a result raised MY to be emotionally and socially very deficient. This is similar to KT's developmental years where (as he said) being born and raised simply to be his brother's caretaker, or so it would seem from the way his mother treated him - the things she would say to him and even ST's admission that their mother was not a good mother to KT - resulted in a damaged social and emotional state. Which is why, as JS pointed out, they are both weak characters that need to lean on each other. KT and MY probably complete each other - one who was raised to care too much, the other raised to not care to an extreme.

As regards whether it was indeed the original DHJ who killed KT+ST's mum, that's where the mystery is really reaching its height. Reading everyone's theories is really interesting and I don't think I have anything new to add to this. I'm wondering though - the new clues being thrown in - about MY's father's condition and how from the point of diagnosis 20 years ago, he was already told he would have memory lapses and possibly the creation of false or incorrect memories as the tumor grew. Perhaps he was violent towards his wife, but was he the one who killed her? Was there no police report or investigation of that murder if it was one? Surely when DHJ went missing, someone must have filed a missing person report or a death report. Afterall, everyone was anticipating her last book which was never published for 20 years. Surely that must have been shrouded in some kind of parallel mystery in itself. What if indeed DHJ had a sister - whether fraternal twin or simply a sister close in age - and she was the one who killed DHJ instead? Maybe she was obsessive in nature and wanted to assume DHJ's life as her alter ego of some sort. 

There's something else out there... Makes me wanna review all episodes again before we come to our finale weekend. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3