[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

I hope she is not.

Not because it'll be harder to deal with it from the point of view of guilt about KT&ST's mom but because it doesn't make sense from what they've shown so far. It is one thing to show different angles and perspectives on any given situation (like how KT perceived her mom's feelings towards him) and another entirely different to show a woman broken and bleeding, then thrown into a cellar and later into the bottom of a lake to now have her moving around after some cosmetic surgeries. Sorry, I don't buy it and I hope there is a better explanation.

• Like 6

okay just trying to really wrap my head around this and i think writing it out will provide some clarity. after processing the episode and all the comments, there seems to be two minds of thinking atm. each scenario with it's own likelihood to be true and each scenario with a set of questions that need to answered in episode 15/16. 

1. Nurse Park is mum (higher probability, i wouldnt say its 100% though as the answers have been very vague, criptic and open for interpretation)

2. Nurse Park is sister (lower probability) 

at this point it feels like all signs are pointing to the fact that nurse park is mum but there is still a lingering chance she is the sister. either way, i have no doubt the writers will be able to accurately explain how and why as they haven't let us down yet. if she IS the mum, the main concerns i've seen are: 

- how did she survive the fall? well it's been stated that the dads cognition deteriorated and he was going insane so potentially his recollection of the events were inaccurate.

- why would she just sit around and do nothing to the dad and MY all these years? as explained in ep 14, she loved that she could watch the dad suffer in silence, secretly tormenting him right by his side. this must have been extremely gratifying for her. as for MY, maybe mum saw what a 'horrible' person MY already was and felt she grew up to be exactly what she wanted. she was already 'perfect'. why risk ruining something that didn't need fixing? if anything, if she resurfaced, MY may even have the capacity to hurt her. she'd rather watch MY cause havoc from a distance. it wasn't until KT/ST started coming into MY's life that MY started becoming a better person and thus gradually a 'failure' to mum and hence her intervention.  

- why did the show make it seem like MY/ST were siblings? tbh, i never gave this theory much credibility. the show barely hinted at this imo, not to the point where i actually believed. those comments in the previous episodes about how similar ST/MY were just to express what a beautiful sibling relationship they had, to justify why MY wasn't just part of the family because of KT but because of her close relationship with ST too. also i think when mum says "all failures must be discarded",  its a threat to MY as she's straying away from being 'perfect' due KT/ST's influence. not a reference to ST as her failure. also like i said in a previous post, it would just be way too much for KT to find out his brother isnt really his brother.  

on the other hand...

even though everything on the show tells us right now that nurse park is the mum, if we really think about it, it hasn't exactly been confirmed beyond reasonable doubt. all the answers have been kinda vague and cryptic which still leaves enough room to reveal that nurse park is the sister and have it make sense. for example the brooches being on different sides in different pictures, the short hair vs long hair, the need to still cover the mums face in the pictures, the multiple sister references (tale of two sisters, wicked witch of the west/east). even MY said if it was her mother she would have definitely noticed during her interactions. i think we need MY to meet her for us to confirm. the police have been involved so im hoping they're the ones that can provide some clarity as to who nurse park really is or park oh ran will reappear and expose what happened. either way, there are plenty other reasons why nurse park may be the sister so i applaud the writers for still keeping us on our toes!!! 

these are just the answers i've come to from watching the show, so i'm sure the writers will be able to reveal a much more detailed and sensical resolution to all of this whichever route they decide to go down. 

im also seeing a lot of disappointment for scenario number 1 because i think people don't want our leads to have to deal with such a heavy truth. but much like @40somethingahjumma has beautifully articulated, it ultimately doesn't really matter who the mum is because at the end of the day this drama is about broken people overcoming their hardships to become the best version of themselves. sure, it would be great if KT/MY's relationship was perfect like a fairytale, but to taint the show completely due to this reveal alone would be silly. Its okay to not be okay is a healing drama, it's a drama about overcoming your demons, your obstacles, your fears and essentially fighting for what you want. it could be either fighting for love (KT and JT), fighting to escape abuse (Areum and Sun Hae) or fighting your haunting past (Pil Wong, MY), whatever you're fighting for... it's all about the journey. if nurse park is the mum, it doesn't mean our leads cant have their happy ending. if anything, it would make their relationship stronger. this twisted fate is something that love can conquer because with love comes determination and the will to fight. although MY is waining due to the immense guilt she feels, KT is already fighting for them and will continue to do so. KT at the beginning would have never done this.  the show time and time again tells us we don't have to put up with the cards we are dealt with in life. you can choose to find that door and escape, much like the main and side characters in this story have been gradually doing. MY and KT will not be ill-fated lovers as they have the capacity to change it. if nurse park is not the mum, then cool. but its the journey that our leads go on by becoming courageous, self-less and strong humans that is most important and we shouldn't lose sight of that! screw whoever the mum is! this final hurdle will show the three how important they are to each other when they are all willing to fight (KT) or stay (MY) in the name of love.

• Like 12
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

I'm still trying to get over ep 14. It was a crying fest but a really good one. I love how the writer has made ST such an integral part of MY and GTs relationship instead of just an older brother. 

Its interesting how the show has almost pointed out that Nurse Park is the mom but has still not confirmed it 100%. I really hope she doesn't turn out to be the mom and instead is MY's aunt. 

I also feel that there is more to parents story than what they have showed us. From the beginning, the show is very good at misleading us. MY's mom tells the dad that the housekeeper (GT's mom) "crossed a line". She makes it sound like it was more than just being a nanny to MY. And during the murder, they showed both the moms talking but it was only after she murdered her did MY's mom bring up MY's topic.... so I feel there is definetly more to the parents story than what is being showed till now. 

Speaking of secrets, Has Jae Su and Seung Je got together? There seemed to be a lot of looks between them when Jae Su wanted to go with her but she said she has to work. 

It is so heartwarming to see that GT and MY have so many people who care for them. I actually had tears like SM when i saw how much everyone supports them

• Like 5

https://k-communities.com/2020/08/03/k-netizens-reactions-to-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-episode-14/
K-netizens’ reactions to “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” Episode 14
August 3, 2020

Kim Soohyun X Kim Chang Wan surprised by the identity of the butterfly painter in CCTV
8C2507EA-9932-434E-9A73-EBF9357E0C44.jpg
Original post: Naver TV

[+1,639,-8]Jang Young Nam…. Please go easy on us with the actingㅠㅠㅠ ㄷㄷㄷㄷ(t/n: ㄷㄷㄷ is used to describe the shivering action)

[+1,216,-5]The real psycho was Do Hee Jae, Woah ㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ… What a crazy head nurse! She went all the way and even changed her face

[+1,069,-3]I got goosebumps when the head nurse started laughingㄷㄷㄷㄷ That was so scary! Was this a horror movie or what? ㄷㄷ

[+904,-4]If the head nurse was really the one who killed Sang Tae and Kang Tae’s mom that means that Kang Tae was always next to his mom’s murdererㅠㅠ

[+853,-2]So director Oh didn’t know either???

[+797,-4]Woah… I got chills all over my body when she turned around, looked at the CCTV and smiled… That was creepy!

[+614,-3]I got goosebumps when she was smiling at the camera

[+537,-4]The genre is horror… Crazy!!! I almost passed out, anyone with a weak heart is not allowed to watch this…

[+482,-3]Jang Young Nam’s acting went over the top here ㄷ ㄷ

[+385,-4]Seriously, I can’t believe she was smiling at the CCTV

[+318,-2]Woah.. Her smile with the BGM was so creepy, I’m so scared… I think I’m gonna sleep with mom tonight

[+311,-2]Seriously, (Your mom) is psycho but it’s okayㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Seo Yeji is terrified by the fact that her mother was here when she didn’t even know of her existence
3553088B-B3AB-4F2B-9AEA-0A6E69DB8A38.jpg

[+1,116,-3]Seriously, just imagine how creepy it is… when Moon Young used to dream about her and scream for her to get way in her sleep, she was by her side watching her …. ㅠㅠㅠ

[+706,-5]Moon Young, it’s not your fault… “we did nothing wrong”ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Kang Tae’s right ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+685,-4]I can feel how scared and afraid Ko Moon Young is,,, her acting is over the top…

[+578,-4]Just how scared she is that she’s asking him to run away…ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+460,-3]I feel so bad for Moon Young, I’m even more heart broken than she is

[+390,-2]Just when they started to get better, Moon young’s asking him to run away again ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+331,-5]Moon Young, it’s not your faultㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+293,-4]Moon Young, you did nothing wrong..

[+255,-3]I feel so bad for Moon Young, she’s so sad and pitiful …. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Kim Soohyun Leans on Oh Jung Se “I Will Protect You!”
2F8873E2-AE1D-4731-9A52-778E094094DD.jpg

[+1,101,-9]Sang Tae is reliable

[+890,-7]Sang Tae oppaㅠㅠㅠ brought tears to my eyes… This drama has a special place in my heart cause my brother is mentally disabled…. Oh Jung Se is making really sadㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+793,-3]Now Kang Tae and Moon Young are depending on Sang Taeㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I started crying when he said that he’s his older brother, his guardian and he must protect himㅜㅜ

[+790,-5]Moon Kang-tae’s voice was shaking, he got so emotional when his brother said that he forgave herㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ He’s such a good actorㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+657,-6]Kang Tae’s shaky voice made me cryㅠㅠㅠ

[+593,-6]I’ve cried so much that I don’t have any tears left in my body..

[+443,-6]Oh Jung Se’s acting is stellarㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+375,-5]You can trust Oh Jung Se’s acting  as expected, he’s so cool!

[+371,-3]I sobbed during this sceneㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

Kim Soohyun went to the cursed castle alone to meet Jang Young Nam

Spoiler

CCC1AFE3-CE7B-4AE2-B36C-A0B3A48065C1.jpg

[+1,762,-14]The sound of her laughter alone gave me goosebumps…. Please let them be safe, I hope everyone will be okayㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+1,711,-16]Jang Young Nam is such a good actress

[+1,200,-11]Jang Young Nam’s so scary somehow… Is it because I’ve never seen her as a villain? She’s a really good actressㅠㅜ

[+896,-9]Kang Tae knew that her first target would be his brother…

[+668,-26]Please let Moon Young be happyㅜㅜㅠ

[+597,-16]Ajumma, I will kill you if something goes wrong with Sang Tae

[+585,-13]Seriously, this episode is the best one yet!!

[+517,-7]Woah… I got chills all over my body when she laughed…

[+476,-8]Writer-nim, you’re stepping on the accelerator…. I don’t have time to breathㄷㄷ

[+438,-12]Look at her running barefootㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Moon Young-ahㅠㅠㅠ

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, floweroad said:

- why would she just sit around and do nothing to the dad and MY all these years? as explained in ep 14, she loved that she could watch the dad suffer in silence, secretly tormenting him right by his side. this must have been extremely gratifying for her. as for MY, maybe mum saw what a 'horrible' person MY already was and felt she grew up to be exactly what she wanted. she was already 'perfect'. why risk ruining something that didn't need fixing? if anything, if she resurfaced, MY may even have the capacity to hurt her. she'd rather watch MY cause havoc from a distance. it wasn't until KT/ST started coming into MY's life that MY started becoming a better person and thus gradually a 'failure' to mum and hence her intervention.  

This is a good analysis. MY wears a lot of black in the beginning of show and now she wears a lot of white/light colours. MY appears to be wearing the same black lace dress as Head Nurse in her photo in her books - this was not something I thought of but noticed when looking at some IG posts on MY's fashion :blink:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, nhicar tabuzo said:

- Lastly, there was a question on how can Nurse Park get into the Seoul Hospital. She probably faked her way into the hospital (re: got the same uniform and passed herself as a nurse from the hospital...this is kdrama, its quite common for someone to pretend to be a doctor to kill or kidnap someone hehehe).

This possibility just ruins the entire let's say very out of box K drama experiences for this show TBH for me. This was one unconventional show, and for the writers to just insert the fake doctor entering room rghh....

• Like 2

21 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

At this point, nurse Park is 99.9% mom. But my 1% question is: How did she survive 20 years ago then? Flashbacks indicate she suffered quite a number of incidents that should have killed her.  

so..

Since kmy dad have a brain tumour maybe his memory is not correct,,

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2

I think the viewers who’re waiting for another plot twist will be disappointed. I don’t think there will be another twist regarding who’s MY’s mother. We need to see what really happened between two mothers, what triggered MY’s mother to kill Mama Moon and how MY’s survived. But it’s too late in the game to introduce a new character.

I knew the head nurse was the mother or someone sinister from the start because she was creepy as hell. Kudos to the actress who’s playing her because there was something very off about her from the start. Her facial expressions didn’t quite match the situation, she made me uncomfortable and sometimes her smiles gave me shudders. 

I know there have been some new approaches in the drama, but it’s still a k-drama after all. Koreans just can’t let go of “childhood connection, first love, your parent killed my parent, noble idiocy, didn’t tell the vulnerable character all the facts so he got abducted” tropes so easily. 

I’d hate the idea of MY and ST being siblings. I want the connection they found to be genuine, not because they were secretly siblings. Even though MY wasn’t always fair to ST, she never underestimated him and always regarded him as her equal. I’m still mad KT didn’t warn ST about the head nurse, ST proved to be more than capable to behave like an adult, they should’ve trusted him more. 

• Like 11

I’m late with my thoughts about ep13 and ep14, but still I wanted to share them with you :):

- ep 14 was heartbreaking. MY and KT crying scenes made me cry too. I was hugging my pillow all running time!:criesariver:

- ST feeding MY, so touching! She truly became her little sister in his heart now! 
- MY dressing again all showy says a lot... she is feeling insecure again.

- KT is finally starting to open up and speak about his true emotions.

- ST easily recognized MY true feeling looking at her facial expression ... that’s a big step fwd for him.

- Nurse is really evil. I am still guessing if she is truly her mom or her aunt. Either way, she is her family and truly evil!

- ep 13, awww that family pic was so sweet. Very touching when she was alone with ST and KT (raining scene), and again, ST is showing that he is becoming more independent from his little brother (he is holding his own umbrella) 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

https://zapzee.net/2020/08/03/did-you-know-that-jang-young-nam-and-kim-soo-hyun-have-crossed-path-before/
Did You Know that Jang Young Nam and Kim Soo Hyun Have Crossed Path Before?

by krishkim

89455A2F-C7B3-485A-96EB-651FC52FE079.jpg
Credit: tvN

“Please, go easy on your acting.”

This is the reaction of viewers who watched the 14th episode of tvN’s weekend drama It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.

During the episode, the real identity of Park Haeng Ja (Jang Young Nam), the head nurse, was revealed as Do Hee Jae, Go Moon Young’s mother and the one who killed Moon Sang Tae and Moon Kang Tae’s mother.

The fact that Park Haeng Ja was Do Hee Jae was a shocking surprise, but it was Jang Young Nam’s so-called “possessed” performance that captivated the viewers. In the scene where she smiled as she glared at the security camera gave off a cold and thrilling vibe without a single word.

After leaving the hospital, she began to threaten her daughter, Go Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji), in earnest. To her daughter, who is no longer under her control, Park Haeng Ja left a message, “all failures must be discarded.” Jang Young Nam’s realistic psychopath performance was followed by comments like “This is the first time I wanted an actor to act bad.”

Actually, Jang Young Nam came to light when she made a strong impression with the role Ah Ri, a shaman who met a gruesome end in MBC’s Moon Embracing the Sun (starring Kim Soo Hyun). Despite her short appearance, she received great attention for her enormous presence and acting prowess.

Since then, she has played various characters in both small and big screens, and has taken on a number of “key” supporting roles, including It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.

Now, attention is focusing on whether It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, which has only two episodes left, will receive rave reviews from viewers until the very end.

84B6F980-66DB-44BD-BA47-0294DC7F0BD3.jpg

Source (1)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I am so confused. All the signs seem to point to Head Nurse Park being MY's mom DHJ but how did she survive that fall and being dumped into the lake? MY can't have remembered it wrong, her memories should be working perfectly fine. 

You could argue that she survived and is actually alive, got plastic surgery (because the woman that her dad pushed and the nurse don't look the same) and no longer looks the same. But then why would they go to the lengths to hide MY's moms face every time a picture of her is shown to us. 

I just really hope that the nurse is not actually the mom and is dead. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

I was thinking as I started watching Ep 14 that it wasn't as intense as the previous three episodes (I became a heart-wrenched sobbing mess) but obviously I was wrong - it was a brief reprieve before they twisted my heart over and over and I became a sobbing mess again - when MY sobbed in her room, and GT sitting outside, and when ST tells Jae Su his observation of how MY felt, when GT cries to his brother, and then when ST came to feed her and she kept apologizing.

Aside from all the brilliant stuff everyone's already talked about - one thing that stood out to me was how much of a support network they've all built up with each other. There were so many instances where someone connected to another to check on someone else. GT had to give MY space and he asked Sang In to go check on her. JR checks on MY after seeing her leave the hospital. She tells her mum to check on Director Oh. Jae Su as usual, is with ST. ST and Jae Su check on MY and GT. And JR's mum just being awesome all around. I really like how they show the relationships they've built, and it seems to give hope that despite the storm that is coming, all of them will be okay because someone's got their back. 

I think also it was really good that they made GT stand his ground with MY - he firmly told her that he would stay by her side, despite what he knew. The fact that he stayed outside her room while she cried and waited to speak to her... "When I see you smile at me, I forget everything else. The butterfly and even my mum - I forget everything else except the two of us." In Korean, it was also, "I forget everything else; and only the two of us remain." That line spoke volumes about his feelings for MY, probably even more than if he had said "I love you". 

I really liked that he made it clear she did nothing wrong, and also that they did nothing wrong - all of them were kids who grew up in unfortunate circumstances beyond their control.  My heart broke during the conversation between ST and GT; ST asked if MY was whimpering in pain from heart ache, and GT replied that yes, he could hear her whimpering. :tears: And he was hurting from seeing her hurt - which is what family is. 

Jae Su's line to GT was like a lightbulb moment - "Just admit the fact that you're weak." He was really insightful in pointing that both GT and MY were weak people who basically need each other to lean on. GT doesn't seem to have learnt it yet by the end of the episode when he tries to send MY away from the cursed castle, though hopefully he'll begin to see that it's just better when they're together, no matter what the situation.

Which brings me to a shallow point - I'm glad there was at least one hug between them this episode :sweatingbullets: a kiss would have been unrealistic, but I'm spoiled in hoping for something every episode after they confirmed their feelings. Also hoping that they'll take ST's advice, "To kiss is better than to fight" to heart in the last two episodes :ph34r:

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

CONTENT POWER INDEX (CPI) - 4th Week of July (7/20-7/26)

CPI ranks TV shows overall popularity and influence on consumer behavior

0001484979_003_20200804083410385.jpg?typ

cr: MBN news

1. IT'S OKAY NOT TO BE OKAY**

2. Call Centre Of Love

3. Once Again**

4. Hangout with Yoo

5. Mulberry School

6. I Live Alone

7. Running Man

8. House on Wheels

9. Knowing Brothers

10. Backstreet Rookie**

**dramas

• Like 4

18 hours ago, glory said:

i think it's because MY said that her mother was the one who designed the butterfly brooch and nurse Park drawing that butterfly wasn't a mere coincidence for him. 

Thanks!!  This makes sense.  Also I believe GT’s first knowledge of MY’s mom was not knowing whether she was alive or dead, so it makes sense that the circumstances lead him to believe she’s alive and is Nurse Park.

1 hour ago, angelflower said:

You wrote so many good points!  I agree the “support network” is a really beautiful thing about this drama.  To some extent I think GT/ST and MY led adult lives without a strong sense of community.  Studies have shown those who have a community experience a sense of belonging which leads to greater happiness.  This is the environment GT/ST/MY live in now and is (I think) a contributing factor to their newfound happiness, in addition to what they’ve done for each other as a group of 3. 

I also think it’s great that GT stood his ground and made it clear - the lines are so realistic!! Thanks for the other translation of what GT said to MY as he sat outside her door, I agree it is even better than saying saranghaeyo but honestly that would have been the perfect moment to say ILY for our OTP!!

Did anyone else notice her butterfly hug as she attempted to calm herself down by the door?  That was so sad :’( 

What did she mean when she said hypocrite to GT?  She did this once and I didn’t get why until a few episodes later (although I think that time it was intentional that the audience wouldn’t get it right away - it was because she knew more about GT’s personality than he wanted to admit, at that time).  What about this time? Hmmm.

• Like 1

i hope that the nurse is not the mom too..

but from all the revelations until now it's already 99% nurse is DHJ

besides, the writer already hint us since case of the patient who mistook MY as her daughter, that scene when MY thought her mom came back, it actually signs that there's a possibility her mom is alive.

we got to hear from MY that she saw her mom lying on the floor with blood and twisted limbs, that's because of the fall. but we only hear the story from KDH that he went to the lake, and they only show us a bag drowned, not 'a person' drowned, so there might be a twist that's why her mom might still alive. 

now, the only 1% possibility that nurse is not SHJ is when MY said how can she doesn't recognize her mom

• Like 1